This drama portrays the life of the 19th king of Goguryeo, Hwanwoong, who was sent from the heavens to make the world a better place. He falls in love with Saeoh and gives her the joojak necklace; however, Kajin becomes jealous since Saeoh has given birth to Hwanwoong's son. She takes the baby and throws him off a cliff. Saeoh, thinking that her son had died, is overcome with grief and turns into the black joojak to destroy the world. Hwanwoong is the only one who could stop her. Afterwards, Hwanwoong returns to the Heavens and prophecizes that 2000 years later, the true Joo Shin king will come to Earth. With the help of the four gods, he will rebuild Joo Shin.

Who has seen this, plans to watch it, or is watching it now?
I watched this last year and it was my first saeguk and I remember getting goosebumps in the first episodes. I was a bit disappointed in the ending to say the least. I was really hoping for something grander and more awesome than what I saw.

I also remember having a crush on Lee Phillips (even thought I don't think he's eyecandy) because of his hair....<3

Contains spoilers:

I seem to remember you getting really weird about some guys hair & wishing he was a doll or something lol so it was this drama :p
RainFlower wrote: I seem to remember you getting really weird about some guys hair & wishing he was a doll or something lol so it was this drama :p

Yes, it was this drama...lol

Imagine him fighting and his hair twirling in the air <3....lol (Yes, I know he's not pretty! I just wanted to play with his hair....lol)
One of my favorite dramas! <3 I think I watched these at least 7 times lol. I love Lee Phillips too and the fact that he didn't speak a word in the drama adds to his mysteriousness.
princessofsummer wrote: One of my favorite dramas! <3 I think I watched these at least 7 times lol. I love Lee Phillips too and the fact that he didn't speak a word in the drama adds to his mysteriousness.

It really did. He was one of my favorite characters.
i totally read the spoilers lool..i don't think i will be watching it anyways...but this Lee Philip guy **doesn't seem to get much dialogues, does he?!..he didn't have much to say in SG either** lool
He was in SG? I can't remember at all lol.
princessofsummer wrote: He was in SG? I can't remember at all lol.

Yeah, he was her boss.
LisNoir wrote: Yes, it was this drama...lol

Imagine him fighting and his hair twirling in the air <3....lol (Yes, I know he's not pretty! I just wanted to play with his hair....lol)

I am imagining now after you posted that pic he does have lovely hair!!
RainFlower wrote: I am imagining now after you posted that pic he does have lovely hair!!

He does! \(*o*)/
ooooo special effects! I'll go peek at it.
Choi Min Soo (Daejangro (Hwacheon leader)) I love this guys voice...it's so tough and rough
goldenseal50 wrote: Choi Min Soo (Daejangro (Hwacheon leader)) I love this guys voice...it's so tough and rough

I loved it too. I have a little crush on this ahjussi....lol

I feel like re-watching this drama soon...lol
It was aired in local tv here.. and been replay 2 times.. so overall watched it 3 times:-) But still going to re-watch it...i hope soon:-) I like it very much..for having a twist that makes it unique to some saeguk:-) I like Lee Ji Ah because of this drama...