Hi fellow drama addicts,

Please can someone recommend me a drama that involves musical instruments. Can be any (J/K/C/T/Thai Dramas)

Ones i have seen (off the top of my head)

- Nodame (all versions)

- Tomorrows Cantabile

- Beethovens Virus

- Five Fingers

- Alice in Wonder City (watching currently)

- Full House Take 2

- Heartstrings

- Shut up: Flower Boy Band

Also recommendations on ones involving bands/singing. Again ones i've watched (off the top of my head)

- Beck

- Dream High 1 & 2

- Fabulous Boys

- Ikeman Desu Ne

- K-pop: The Ultimate Audition

- Mary Stayed Out All Night

- Mendol

- Monstar

- Perservere, Goo Hae Ra

- Trot Lovers

- What's Up

- You're beautiful

Thank you so much for any you can mention.

I like this thread! :D may I ask where did you watch "Mendol"? I've been intending to watch it for a while...

Here are my recommendations:

- Detroit Metal City *movie*
- Kanojo wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru  *movie*
- Mukodono!
- Mukodono 2003
- SHARK
- SHARK 2
- Tokyo Friends
- Tokyo Friends -the movie- (continuation of the drama)

Others that also have instruments/singer/bands but story don't revolves too much around it:

- Buzzer Beat
- Kamisama mou sukoshi dake
- Kaze no garden
- Negative happy chain saw edge *movie*
- Papadol! (very similar to Mukodono)

Not dramas, but movies about Highschool bands:

- Linda, Linda, Linda
- Swing girls
Flowers in Fog - China - classical music
Secret Love Affair centers around a college age piano prodigy! Lots of classical music
Hormones 1, 2 & 3 ( some of the characters are in a band )
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do (movie)
Great many thanks. I love music dramas of any sort and movies are also welcome. Thank  you.

@Ara99 I can't remember exactally where I watched it but towards the start of my drama addiction I used drama.net a lot to watch. Try there, if not, I would have googled it. I use various sites to watch stuff on now :-)
Dramas:
Bad Love (not too much music, Main girls plays cello or something like that)
Gloria (not with instruments, more cabaret like; don't watch it for the music!)
Lights and Shadows (if you like the Korean music from the '60-'70 it's a hit)
I am Legend (very good music; main girl sings in a band)
The Musical

Movies:
Go Go 70s
Kanojo wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru
Nana
Kuchibiru ni Uta o
First Time (chinese movie; main lead sings in a band)
My Little Hero
My Paparotti

Well.. Oresama is a (j)movie about Miyavi (famous Jrock star irl) being Miyavi and playing music/being in a band and time travel and stuff *-*

Bandage is also a (j)movie about a band (the OST of this movie is sooo great *w*)

In My Lovely Girl (kdrama), the main characters are a song writer, a producer and an idol, most of it is about the music business.

In The Producers (kdrama), two of the 4 main characters are music related: a singer/idol played by IU and a Music Bank producer. 

In You're My Pet (kmovie), the pet/dude is a singer/dancer/musical performer (the OST of this one is pretty cool too :3) I don't exactly remember if the Japanese version is also music related (I think so?) but I would recommend watching the Japenese version (the drama) first anyway, because it makes the story crammed into a movie format much more clear and enjoyable. 

The second male lead in Cheese In The Trap, Beak InHo  was once regarded as a piano prodigy.