@parent
I've never watched a Korean drama before, but I'd like to and I need you help to fall in love with them! Only problem is, they are so many I wouldn't know where to start... So if you had to recommend the best of best, what would that be? Lately, I feel like watching either 1- Super funny comedy, even over-the-top (like Hana Kimi) as long as it's really funny and not just stupid...something to make me laugh real hard! or 2- Something very very romantic, with the couple struggling to be together...it can have some pretty serious and tragic stuff as long as the ending's good! Also, if possible, I'd love a school setting! Sooo....all you Korean drama lovers, I'm in you hands! Thanks in advance!!
Well my first one was Dream High. It's funny, has a school setting and is about music. I fell in love. Reply 1997 is also funny and about school. Enjoy
49 Days perfectly fits your second criteria and it's a great drama :) Not a school setting though.
My first Kdrama was You're Beautiful ^^ Ikemen desu ne was adapted from it ;)
so maybe you could try this one too as first Kdrama
My first Korean Drama was "A Gentleman's Dignity", it might not make you laugh out loud like a crazy person, but it's pretty good, and it has all the romance... Go for it, it's awesome!
KreD wrote: My first Korean Drama was "A Gentleman's Dignity", it might not make you laugh out loud like a crazy person, but it's pretty good, and it has all the romance... Go for it, it's awesome!

this one's great too!
Princess hours (this my first kdrama and this drama awesome :D )
princess hours coffee prince
Reply 1997 - It's not super laugh out loud funny, but it's fun & some romance. Rooftop Prince - Funny and romantic but it does get unnecessarily melo and cliche towards the middle and end. Queen InHyun's Man - Romantic, as long as you don't mind parts that are historical. Playful Kiss - Most people probably won't agree, but it's some light hearted fun. This was my first K-drama.
I agree with Playful Kiss!
Thank you so much, all of you! I think I'll try with Reply 1997 for now, but all your other suggestions are next in line!! :D
twinklelie wrote: My first Kdrama was You're Beautiful ^^ Ikemen desu ne was adapted from it ;)
so maybe you could try this one too as first Kdrama

You're Beautiful is what made me rediscover Asian Drama. As a mom, I was looking for something that I could watch with my kids aside from cartoons/anime without worrying about what they might see or hear and we tried this and voila it got us hooked.
Super funny: Salaryman

Perfect romance with perfect ending: 49 Days

School setting: School 2013!
The Princess' Man Coffee Prince (very funny) Shining Inheritance Innocent Man ( a must watch in my opinion)