Hello, 

Yesterday I found a video with Shin Sung Rok acting in the musical "Count of  Monte Christo". The book is one of my favorites, uncanny revenge, brilliant characters, it's just a bloody masterpiece.  So here comes my question if anyone knows some drama with a similar plot about revenge? Lead betrayed by close people changed into some badass persona and bringing hell to traitors doorstep. The happy ending gladly welcome.  

Thanks in advance <3

If you don't mind anime, then the obvious recommendation is Gankutsuou, which is based on The Count of Monte Cristo.

You might also like Nirvana in Fire, which has a similar revenge story.

There's the two adaptations:

• Goodbye Mr. Black 
  • The Count of Monte-Cristo: Great Revenge

Alos:

• Green Rose
  • Phoenix
  • Princess Man
  • Cain and Abel (kdrama)
  • Innocent man

This is my fave ever classic since I can remeber. Just brilliant work  of Alexander Dumas. And I gotta say, the one I think is equally brilliant is Nirvana in Fire. Super highly recommended. the first 3 episodes maybe boring and confusing, but it is mostly because of the intro and set up part of the drama, but everything after that is just a masterpiece

The two adaptation (count of monte cristo haku, goodbye Mr.black) in asian dramas are personally siper disappointing. Id suggest you skip those, cause you're just gonna go WTF are you doing, that is not how you do a proper revenge...

Other drama I wanna recommend with revenge as plot point are:

• Kenja no Ai
  • Hundred millions stars falling from the sky
  • Money Flower
  • Miss Mermaid - though the latter part eas typical MC forgiving everyone

If you can find it, the french mini-serie "The Count of Monte-Cristo " (4 episodes) with actor Gerard Depardieu. It's a good adaptation.

Margo:
I found a video with Shin Sung Rok acting in the musical "Count of  Monte Christo".

I love Shin sung rok sooooo much! he is definition of sexy ))) also great actor with amazing charm. I know about musical and I wish he had same drama too 

though I think Nirvana on fire is best fit for what you want.

also revenge dramas like this (the ones wasn't already mentioned)

Remember: War of the Son 

The Rise of Phoenixes (not only and manly revenge, but he revenges, though I think he is very like to Monte christo type, very smart and strategic)

Kill It 

Lucifer also very smart and strategic, his masterpiece renege plan is very like what you want (I think), also he is anti hero

Mad Dog 

Cruel City Great drama!!!! not clasical revenge though this is too, ML is anti hero who is smart and strategic and with it goes up end up to fulfill his plan

Gankutsuou: Count of Monte Cristo (anime) was great too, you should check that out!