Go Ho's Starry Night

seoulyramen
Oct 6, 2016
This is the first review I've ever written. I'm going to keep it short and simple. This was an amazingly cute and fresh short series that did not drag on at all and was binge-worthy. I really loved the acting, and thought that the main characters had great chemistry and the way their relationship developed seemed very realistic once everything was out in the open. I highly recommend watching this drama if you are wanting something light, fun and romantic that takes place in an office setting. It has a bit of a "She Was Pretty" vibe to it.
Audrie
Oct 19, 2016
Daebak! Woooo this drama is one of the best dramas I've watched for many reasons! If you're looking for a light rom-com drama that does not drag on- with characters that don't make you cringe or annoyed you should seriously watch this!

Basically this drama is about a women who works at an advertising company as she enters a crossfire of various love interests including her ex-boyfriend. Despite this, it's a hilarious comedy that looks into how she copes with her work and personal life.

The Good
Can I give a huge hug to the writers for not dragging on this drama at all compared to like 99.99% of the other dramas i watched?? Like damn, considering the 20 episodes- one wouldve thought that 'oh no... there must be some dragging on going around' but don't be deceived! Each episode is around 20 min; hence the reason why there are 20 episodes, but there is never a dull moment!

I seriously loved the storyline as everything gets resolved at the end and the main character isn't as annoying as other female leads. The actors and actresses were spot on! I loved their chemistry and their acting as they got along pretty well and portrayed their character well!

The music was fun and light and all the tracks were enjoyable!

The Bad
There's not much to say about the bad- but imho, i think that whenever there was a 'sick' scene where someone is coughing or sneezing- it was very obviously fake and not well done. I would prefer if they could somehow made the sneezing and coughing scenes not as forceful.

Overall? This drama really is good since it's light and not as melodramatic. If you want something to pass time with or something that doesnt make your brain hurt too much, i seriously recommend this drama!

kingsqueen
Oct 27, 2016
I enjoyed this short series very much. It was a cute office romance and had lots of sweet and funny moments. The plot summary didn't originally grab me, and I didn't plan to watch this at all until I saw a teaser for it. I was immediately intrigued.

This was my first time seeing any of these actors. I would very much like to see the actress that played Go Ho do another rom-com. I thought she was quite good. I was also taken with the main male lead. He was quite cute at displaying his jealousy for Go Ho. And I think the chemistry between the leads was believable. I didn't care as much for the second lead, as he just didn't convey any emotion in my eyes. The other side characters, vying for Go Ho's affections are interesting and keep it fun.

The music didn't stand out much, but suited the mood of the scenes.

I think this is a good weekend watch and wouldn't even mind seeing it again.

Mary
Oct 9, 2016
If you're looking for a cute, easy to watch drama that's short, sweet and satisfying, then look no further!
Go Ho's starry night is one of those feel good dramas that makes you crave more after every 20 minute episode, plus the cast were totally spot on
Kim Young Kwang and Yuri's chemistry was on fire, and I was very surprised by how amazing Yuri was! Excellent in her role, you'd actually forget she is an idol. Hope to see her in more dramas in the future.
The web drama is also scheduled to air on Korean television in the near future. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves

Jaylan
Feb 24, 2017
heartwarming moments. ..... that's it & that's all
& i really dislike dislike
where is the story???
suddenly all her colleagues fall for her !!!!!!!!
i find this drama without a plot , shallow ,lukewarm & meaningless
how can any drama be around just one woman ????
so overrated
Jun 5, 2017
Stary night is a so - so drama (I actually think that so - so is the only appropriate phrase for this drama). The good thing about it is that it's quick and easy to watch. It actually reminded me of Bridgit Jones (a milder and less funny version of it). Some of the love stories were interesting and there was chemistry between the two lovers. However the office drama was not that good and actually confused a little. To be honest, I couldn't figure out what was happening till the third episode. But it's a fast paced drama with only 20 minutes episodes. The performances were okay; the leading lady wasn't that good, but the guys were good enough. So 4 out of 10.

bonneibennett
Aug 20, 2018
I keep seeing the word "bingeworthy" being thrown around concerning this drama, and I couldn't agree more. This is such a sweet, zippy little story that doesn't take itself too seriously, and each of the 20-minute episodes seem to fly by.

The plot isn't anything wildly groundbreaking, building steadily up to the promised full out reverse harem. But despite the formulaic structure, the drama itself is written cleverly. It's funny and enjoyable to watch, and the plots and characters have so much heart.

The drama does a pretty phenomenal job of making you fall in love with Kim Young Kwang as Kang Tae Ho, all gangly legs and pining heart. But to be honest, my breakaway favorite character/cast member was Go Ho herself, Kwon Yoo Ri. Despite somewhat falling into the tired trope of the neurotic female romantic lead, she manages to infuse the character with enough emotional resonance that she doesn't feel like a clown or a caricature. The plotlines with her brother and mother in particular were moving.

The music was so cute! I'm going to go look for the OST after this.

In terms of rewatchability, this drama is pretty up there for me. It's fun and breezy, and it's a rare entry in the reverse harem genre that manages to walk the fine line between slightly self-indulgent camp and too awkwardly over-the-top. If that's something you'd enjoy, then I definitely recommend this drama.

Lore
Oct 29, 2017
I adore this bite-sized piece of magnificence in the shape of a kdrama. So many heart-skip-a-beat moments, actual laugh out loud moments, and even a few tears here and there.

What I liked:  While the male lead is brusque, he's not mean, which is a trope that I see slowly going by the wayside (though there are still plenty of dramas with this trope to be found).  The male lead just feels like a grown-up, and he won't play with the second lead, he doesn't need to compete, and it's really intriguing (and dare I say hot?) when that kind of confidence isn't confused with arrogance. Also, they don't mess around for too long, doing the usual kdrama dance of "I don't like you" and "You don't like me," they get to it pretty quickly, at least from the viewer's perspective, keeping the right characters in the dark for just the right amount of time-- not so long it's frustrating, not so soon you're bored.

You'll never root for a main couple harder than in this one. I only wish it'd been a bit longer because I just didn't want it to end. I'll follow this writer and director anywhere.

hardpliers
Nov 29, 2017
Wow! I just literally finished watching this 5 minutes ago and I can surely state that this is hands down my favorite drama at the moment. I was longing for a super cute and romantic series and this was the best decision to watch it right away!

To begin with, I'm quite sad that this is a short web drama. On the other hand, I'm not quite sure if it would've been more enjoyable if it was a full length TV drama. The creators are brilliant since they managed to squeeze every ounce of the major plot details, important scenes and humor into 20 episodes. The time flew by super fast while watching this, so you know it must be good. I couldn't stop thinking about the characters and their relationship every time I left my apartment! This drama also made me daydream a lot. Dramas that make a huge impact on me are highly appreciated and kept in my heart forever! Yes, the relationships. The main couple had some serious chemistry. Any time they were shown on the screen together, I was dying from excitement and adorableness. Honestly, my heart even skipped a beat once or twice. This was my first drama starring Kim Young Kwang and I instantly fell in love with this actor! Seriously, I admire how he managed to pull of that tsundere character so well. Other actors too, I've seen some of them before playing completely different characters so it was nice to see them transform into something new. The music was very fitting as well, especially that one song from the OST called "Candy Star". Overall, a drama worth rewatching 110%!

These are the type of dramas I like best - with amazing chemistry, comedy and romance floating all around! Trust me, you'll be hooked on the first episode and you won't regret watching it!

Dulce Luna
Oct 19, 2016
Un drama muy tierno en el que se reflejan diferentes maneras de amar y sobrevivir amando de la unica manera en que sabemos hacerlo. Kim Young Kwang lo hizo excelente como en sus otros dramas y aunque este no es un dorama desgarrador, realmente logra conmover hasta lo mas profundo del corazon y dejar una sensacion de optimismo. Muy recomendable, vale la inversion de tiempo.
DreamDramaCatcher
Oct 24, 2016
This drama made me laugh so much!! XD It's was really cute and funny, I just couldn't stop watching :D Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I heard only one song/soundtrack in this drama, which I found strange but I didn't mind it cause it was placed in the perfect scenes (if you know what I mean). This isn't really a serious drama but it had its moments, not to mention how satisfied I was with who she ends up with
Yowsam
Oct 23, 2016
Really love this drama!!
The acting of the casts are really good, make me feel like I'm the one who in that drama.
Music is really good to listen
So funny and sad.. The main of carracter soo gooddd!!
I'm watching it over and over..