mj_babec358:

And the issue that has been going on for almost 2 years now is definitely not helping the whole situation :(

Let's just hope the admins lessen the news articles at least a bit and solve the issue soon... It's not like we can do anything else other than waiting

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but an issue that has been going on for 2 years and still not solved...I doubt it's gonna be solved anytime soon. Priorities seem to be elsewhere... 

DaliaB:

I wish they would put editorials as the default, and news in the second tab. I don't mind mixing them in featured, but the effort should be rewarded. 

100% agree. The current setting is favouring news and mistreating editorials. Especially if they mean to encourage people to write for MDL. No one wants to write articles that need effort when they're gonna disappear as soon as they are released. 

Wish Upon A Star:

The Best of the Best (BOTB) - Drama Edition poll is hitting its 1st year anniversary come Sep 11th, and I have been wanting to revitalise the poll for its 1st year anniversary (which was the plan when the poll was launched) to analyse if the BOTB drama ranking has changed one year on. However, the new writer issue was still unresolved (since Nov 2021), and the article publication has gotten very haphazard since the start of this year (averaging one article published in a few weeks). Plus the super delayed publication and no featuring of my recent articles on End of the Year Drama Challenge 2022 makes me extremely hesitant if any efforts on the BOTB poll and article will be worthwhile..

Is the admin doing anything to address the articles issues? 

Articles were what make this site shine from other drama sites. Certainly not those slew of featured news.

I would suggest not putting any work into it right now, to be honest, since it's so unpredictable when/whether it would be published.

It's out of our hands, unfortunately. :/

Just popped in to say I agree with a lot of what people are saying here and it is kind of sad, especially reading devittos post about this. 

It's unfortunate that this issue still persists. I've had plenty of ideas and I enjoy writing so it's unfortunate that we (people who haven't written their own articles before) have to rely on others that will hopefully help us write as a co-writter.

I wish we knew if there was a plan of action here or if this is just an issue that's being put on a backburner. Do the admins of the site work on the technical aspects of the website as well? Who is in charge of investigating this issue/fixing it? These are questions that I wonder about.. 

Shiro:

Just popped in to say I agree with a lot of what people are saying here and it is kind of sad, especially reading devittos post about this. 

same here :( I've been saying this for the longest time, but i hope things go back to normal at the earliest 

Suckerforhappyendings:

same here :( I've been saying this for the longest time, but i hope things go back to normal at the earliest 

Yeah :((

Not necessarily a topic idea but could someone (or me, if it’s available) post about there being a discord or group chats where we could talk about dramas/join for mydramalist? I think it could be fun and make it easier to communicate with others about topics, subtitles or videos! Thank you! :)

Rain:

Not necessarily a topic idea but could someone (or me, if it’s available) post about there being a discord or group chats where we could talk about dramas/join for mydramalist? I think it could be fun and make it easier to communicate with others about topics, subtitles or videos! Thank you! :)

Hi! This would have to go on the Feeds or stay in the forums since it's advertising other platforms, it couldn't be published as an article, unfortunately. :)

devitto:

Hi! This would have to go on the Feeds or stay in the forums since it's advertising other platforms, it couldn't be published as an article, unfortunately. :)

How do I post to feeds?? And is it ok if i promote this kind of thing on drama pages??

Rain:

How do I post to feeds?? And is it ok if i promote this kind of thing on drama pages??

To post on the feeds, you need to go under home >Feeds , or Community > Feeds

Not sure you could post a lots of links in the feeds or on drama pages, as MDL is already there for you to discuss about dramas. About videos, well... i guess it will depend on the kind of site, legal or not. 

As devitto already suggested it, you can maybe use forums.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Rain:

You can find the Feeds under the Home button. https://mydramalist.com/feeds

There you have to join the MyDramaList Group and post when you are in that group so that everyone who is in the group can see it. Of course, you can post it for your friends or just publicly so people who visit your profile can see it. (If you need screenshots for better understanding, let me know.)

You can post on drama pages but make sure to not post the invitation link more than 3 times per day or else the system might consider it a spam and you might get banned. 

A way around might be if you post and promote the MDL server on your feeds or on the forums and use the link(s) to them to post on drama pages. Since it's an MDL link, the system won't consider it as spam most likely. ? But again, do everything in moderation.

Hope this helped. 

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 SumiTheCat:

To post on the feeds, you need to go under home >Feeds , or Community > Feeds

Not sure you could post a lots of links in the feeds or on drama pages, as MDL is already there for you to discuss about dramas. About videos, well... i guess it will depend on the kind of site, legal or not. 

As devitto already suggested it, you can maybe use forums.

I see I'm the only one giving "bad" pieces of advice. ? ? ? 

Yuanwei:

You can find the Feeds under the Home button. https://mydramalist.com/feeds

There you have  join the MyDramaList Group and post when you are in that group so that everyone who is in the group can see it. Of course, you can post it for your friends or just publicly so people who visit your profile can see it. (If you need screenshots for better understanding, let me know.)

You can post on  pages but make sure to not post the invitation link more than 3 times per day or else  might consider it a spam  might get banned. 

A way around might be if you post and promote the MDL server on your feeds or on the forums and use the link(s) to them to post on drama pages. Since it's an MDL link,  won't consider it as spam most likely. ? But again, do everything in moderation.

Hope this helped. 

Thank you!

Hello, everyone! I will be back with a new topic for News!

Countdown To One of The Most Awaited Dramas: Castaway Diva

News - Oct 13, 2023 

Draft for now. Soon, It will be done.

Hello guys!!

I am looking for someone who can be the main writer for an editorial I would like to write since I can't be a main writer due to the ongoing issue.

The theme is "GMMTV 2024 Up & Above Part 1" where we will list the series, movies, reality shows and concerts GMMTV has announced in the live stream by the same name and write information about them. If anyone is interested, please send me a message so we can claim the topic and get a draft.

Thank you!