shambles wrote: I love the old Indian films. There's nothing like a bit of old romantic comedies musicals like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayege or even Dil to Pagal hai. But I don't know why I really don't like the new films that are coming out. Its all changing! But some films have really amazing songs like tum hi ho from Aashiqui 2 and I love the songs from Jab tak hai jaan.

Yeah, I love the songs from Aashiqui 2 as well!
My first Indian movie was 3 Idiots and I loved it to pieces! Besides that I saw only two or three movies (Chennai Express, Singham...) and I really enjoyed both of them. The only drawback is that the usually run for 2,5 and more hours and I barely manage to find time for dramas now :D but I will definitely watch some Indian movies during holiday.
I watched Queen the other day and really loved the movie. Kangana did a good job!!
I really want to watch Ek Villain. To me it looks like its a good film. I love the song Galliyan from it though. I listen to that song everyday!!
lot of indian movies is really good
my favourite is 3 idiots, taare zameen par, my name is khan
KimiChan wrote: lot of indian movies is really good
my favourite is 3 idiots, taare zameen par, my name is khan

I also loved all three of them!! Especially My name id Khan! I loved it!! :D
Has anyone watched the Korean movie 'More than blue'...This movie reminded me of Kal Ho Na Ho!! I loved them both and they both made me cry at the end!!
hahah really? Am not surprised! as much as I love some awesome movies and music,tons of things are from other country stufff! Oh yeah we can sound smart and call as "Inspiration " ;-)
Oh yes...Im sure everyone has heard the Will.I.Am song 'Its my Birthday' The song was 'inspired' by the Indian son 'Urvasi Urvasi' which was originally composed by A.R. Rahman. :D
Sholay was a brilliant movie! So was Mughal E Azam, Anand, 3 Idiots, Pyaasa, Do Bigha Zamin, Chupke Chupke, Jaane Bhi do Yaaro and Guide!
Aamir Khan's movies are the best.. heart-touching!
Wow I used to looooove them a few years back.
I think my favorites are:
3 idiots (hilarious)
Kabbi Khushi Kabbi Gham (very touching)
Hum Saath Saath Hain (unrealistic idealistic family lol)
Jab we met (romantic)
Joddah Akbar (beautiful set and nice story)
have only watched one Indian Movie it was Monsoon Wedding
I'm new, don't know much ... went through a short SRK phase (got over it quickly) last winter and this month trying out other stuff, including Tamil movies.

Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela ---  Absolutely love this adaptation of Romeo & Juliet , w/ a thrilling second half that departed from original plot .... Guns, colors, revenge, honor, and lots of passion ... and great characters, especially Leela who's a fascinating Juliet, courageous, ready to kill or kiss him anytime ....  Ram & Leela's love is passionate and believable ... their attraction became love due to their complementary personalities .... Love it!
Ranveer Singh &  Deepika Padukone --- 2 of my fave Bollywood stars! ...and love this director!

Parineeta --- Love the way the story is told... good romance/angst/jealousy .... Love the music! ... read all about it's allusions to original, literature, and Tagore.

Raanjhanaa --- Starring Dhanush ---  idk if it's Tamil or Hindi ... But good story and I have a crush on Dhanush ... despite his average looks, he has lots of charisma and appeal...and a very good actor!

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara --- One critic said the director treats her audience as intelligent! ....totally agree, not some silly fluff!

Jab Tak Hai Jaan ---  Wonderful love story, like the poem, luv the music and dancing ....

Dil..Se
--- Great music perfectly intertwines w/ the story and visuals!!! ... must see, just for that!

A.R. Rahman ---- luv luv luv his music!!! ....
here's a bollywood thread!!!
I used to watch many bollywood movies and few serials until I was introduced to kdramas in 2015. I  haven't watched any movie/drama except Jolly LLB2 this year. But I love bollywood movie songs (not those rap/old remix songs).