amrita828 wrote: Hahahaha, this thread is wonderful. One about cliché already exists, but nobody had ever put it this way before, so my compliments to the thread starter and her hilarious biblical scenario. :D

I'd like to add one for which there are no pics though: Thou shall NOT have both parents alive! Mothers are usually the most dispensable ones, in Korea they die after giving birth and in Japan they abandon the family. If you're an orphan, so much the better, you can be adopted and be tyrannized all your life by your evil step sister who hates you for no reason.

I know what you mean lol
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I know what you mean lol

LOL. And if you wait some years - also read episodes in the drama world - you'll find out there's a secret surrounding your birth. :P
amrita828 wrote: Hahahaha, this thread is wonderful. One about cliché already exists, but nobody had ever put it this way before, so my compliments to the thread starter and her hilarious biblical scenario. :D

I'd like to add one for which there are no pics though: Thou shall NOT have both parents alive! Mothers are usually the most dispensable ones, in Korea they die after giving birth and in Japan they abandon the family. If you're an orphan, so much the better, you can be adopted and be tyrannized all your life by your evil step sister who hates you for no reason.

Hahaha Dramas tend to use the Disney formula. At least one parent is dead? Check! True love's first kiss? Check! Song and dance.......sometimes. (Disney has broken away from the musical thing quite a bit which makes me sad. :()
Jeaniessi wrote: The long anticipated kiss much be received with shock: With the girl's eyes open in shock and her arms at her sides.

Law #19 - Never been kissed - What?? you're lips touched my lips?? O.O
So it has been named!

I know they always looked so flabbergasted! It's not rocket science here ppl

Mary-x wrote: How about the instant makeover scene. This is usually brought about by giving a ridiculous haircut to an actor/actress with which any attractiveness of their face is automatically hidden. A new hair do or change of clothes gives everyone's impressions a complete 180 turn.

Examples:

Last Scandal

Snow White

Capital Scandal
Boys Before Flowers
City Hall
Coffee Prince
Lawyers of Korea
Scent of a Woman

Successful Story of a Bright Girl
Romance Town

The makeover scene has often been masked in the form of a scene where someone takes the lead to a mall, store, etc. and makes them try on a bunch of different clothes while putting on a mini-fashion show.

Law #20 - I call it the superman! - Clark Kent is such a dork! (removes glasses) OMG! superman is HOT!

I love how they all just do the super quick makeover thing too lol and honestly half the time I don't like the way they come out looking! let's ease up a little on the 80's hair there ppls
Elisabetta wrote: I love this thread how could it die just like that, but don't worry I have a new rule:

The ultimate token of love a necklace shall be. Your beloved one will put it on you and then possibly backhug you. You shall lost it (in anger) and then retrieve it(from mud or river).

Hana yori dango

You're Beautiful

City Hunter

Boys over flowers

Law #21 - The NECKLACE - My love is like a chain around your throat... that's not creepy at all!

thank you for the sweet compliment!
I shall name your law -
Law #22 - Family is optional! 2 parents? sorry no good. 1 parent? we'll work with it. Orphan? JACKPOT!

I just finished sunny happiness. Mom had died, dad left her in an orphanage for 8 years AND she ended up with a step mom and stepsisters! (Though not so mean really lol)

Gotta love that. :P
goldenseal50 wrote: I haven't seen the beast and the beauty, is it good?

Yes it was really cute!
bakakokoro wrote: Law #19 - Never been kissed - What?? you're lips touched my lips?? O.O
So it has been named!

I know they always looked so flabbergasted! It's not rocket science here ppl

I can just hear the director - "no no no... it needs MORE deer in headlights!"
illness- someone is usually sick n the love of another person saves them ex:secret garden, scent of woman, protect the boss
wrote: Law #21 - The NECKLACE - My love is like a chain around your throat... that's not creepy at all!

I don't know how possibly I could forget this one:

Nodame of course ! ;)
bakakokoro wrote: thank you for the sweet compliment!
I shall name your law -
Law #22 - Family is optional! 2 parents? sorry no good. 1 parent? we'll work with it. Orphan? JACKPOT!

I just finished sunny happiness. Mom had died, dad left her in an orphanage for 8 years AND she ended up with a step mom and stepsisters! (Though not so mean really lol)

Gotta love that. :P

Hahahahahahahahaha! There should be a Law about titles too: what's sunnier and happier than a family wreck, an orphanage, a couple of loving step-relatives?
At least One Litre of Tears had a clear warning! ;)

"Law #21 - The NECKLACE - My love is like a chain around your throat... that's not creepy at all!"

This had me in stitches. LOL
Law 23 = Tumors and Amnesia win over Leprosy : Only pretty diseases are allowed !
Law 24 A perfectly normal even beautiful girl will somehow be seen as an ugly one... and then magically (without, of course, changing anything, or maybe having an operation on everybody's eyes in the drama) will be loved by 2 or more mail characters of the drama... Abracadabra!
Juniko wrote: Law 23 = Tumors and Amnesia win over Leprosy Only pretty diseases are allowed !

Lol, better die of cancer than grow a pimple.

VioletSakura wrote: Law 24 A perfectly normal even beautiful girl will somehow be seen as an ugly one... and then magically (without, of course, changing anything, or maybe having an operation on everybody's eyes in the drama) will be loved by 2 or more mail characters of the drama... Abracadabra!

Hahaha, so true.
Violet, don't you know? Hot guys inevitably fall for her because she's sweet tempered. Just like in real life...