Hi!!! This is an interesting thread so i thought i could join and share too~ ^^ So this one was i a thing i noticed the most in kdramas: When they talk on phone they don't say 'bye' or 'I'm hunging up' they just end the phonecall. xDD and when they heard a shocking message on the phone, they tend to drop it while their face is on shock hahaha :D I can't find a screenshot of the dramas but I'm sure alot of you have encountered a scene like that too. :)
dongholove wrote: Hi!!! This is an interesting thread so i thought i could join and share too~ ^^

So this one was i a thing i noticed the most in kdramas: When they talk on phone they don't say 'bye' or 'I'm hunging up' they just end the phonecall. xDD and when they heard a shocking message on the phone, they tend to drop it while their face is on shock hahaha :D

I can't find a screenshot of the dramas but I'm sure alot of you have encountered a scene like that too. :)

they do say "Kkeunoh" or "Geunoh" which is something similar to "I'm hanging up" i think..i've seen/heard them say that when they are hanging up the phone...

as for the shock and drop, i agree...they do it all the time..lol
What about 'I want you to hug me' and 'I want you to kiss me' scenes... it's always there... when the girl get mad about the guy's feeling, there will always be a surpriese kiss to shut her up.. and they do it all the time.. LOL examples: Rooftop kiss scene of City Hunter, flower boy ramyun shop, etc and when the girl is sad about the guy then she hit the guy's chest, that means 'I want you to hug me' kekeke Don't you think so???
Exactly : Law 18: I only hate you because I love you !
a)You will NOT finish your angry sentence : I'm already kissing you !
b)You will NOT stop hitting my chest until I give up and hug you !
Juniko wrote: Exactly : Law 18: I only hate you because I love you !
a)You will NOT finish your angry sentence : I'm already kissing you !
b)You will NOT stop hitting my chest until I give up and hug you !

:D :D...Daebak!!
KamZ wrote: they do say "Kkeunoh" or "Geunoh" which is something similar to "I'm hanging up" i think..i've seen/heard them say that when they are hanging up the phone...

as for the shock and drop, i agree...they do it all the time..lol

Ohh! I hear them say that. I didn't know it was that lol thank you for that :P
Hahaha I think i remember shock and drop happen in 'Cinderella's sister', I'm just not so sure hehe. :D
The long anticipated kiss much be received with shock: With the girl's eyes open in shock and her arms at her sides.
How about the instant makeover scene. This is usually brought about by giving a ridiculous haircut to an actor/actress with which any attractiveness of their face is automatically hidden. A new hair do or change of clothes gives everyone's impressions a complete 180 turn.

Examples:

Last Scandal

Snow White

Capital Scandal
Boys Before Flowers
City Hall
Coffee Prince
Lawyers of Korea
Scent of a Woman

Successful Story of a Bright Girl
Romance Town

The makeover scene has often been masked in the form of a scene where someone takes the lead to a mall, store, etc. and makes them try on a bunch of different clothes while putting on a mini-fashion show.
haha I so agree with you about the makeovers Mary lol I have a gripe about Kdramas not sure if its fitting to mention hear but here i go anyway :) what annoys me is when the female lead is a skinny scrawny 80lbs weakling (i know they all fit into this description lol) who looks likes she has no muscles let alone any muscle strength yet she will be employed as a police officer (Me Too Flower) - body guard - (protect the boss) special agent - Spy Myong Wol, City Hunter etc... I mean im all for kick ass females but they have to look the part & a lot of Korean actresses look like they would blow away with a strong gust of wind grrrrrrrrrr
Jeaniessi wrote: The long anticipated kiss much be received with shock: With the girl's eyes open in shock and her arms at her sides.

YES! I remember the when I first started watching dramas I thought, "First kisses cannot always be this awkward in Asia," lol.
OMO Kawai...I just re-read my sentence. Butcher the English language much Jean? and yes! Time and again in dramas the kiss begins with wide open eyes and shock. Sometimes the girl might hold the man in return but most often they keep their arms at their sides. Who really does that? In some of these cases I would have ATTACKED! That's why I love Kim Sam Soon so much... They have an awkward kiss, part and then SHE goes in for the second one...Not hesitating to put her arms around him and kiss him back, eyes closed and passionate. Now THAT is a real kiss!
Jeaniessi wrote: OMO Kawai...I just re-read my sentence. Butcher the English language much Jean?

and yes! Time and again in dramas the kiss begins with wide open eyes and shock. Sometimes the girl might hold the man in return but most often they keep their arms at their sides. Who really does that? In some of these cases I would have ATTACKED! That's why I love Kim Sam Soon so much... They have an awkward kiss, part and then SHE goes in for the second one...Not hesitating to put her arms around him and kiss him back, eyes closed and passionate. Now THAT is a real kiss!

I'm not sure if you've seen Me Too, Flower but they had a similar kiss scene where both actors seemed into it and it definitely wasn't the typical standard scene. It was somewhat similar to the one you mentioned from MNIKSS.
msrules92 wrote: I'm not sure if you've seen Me Too, Flower but they had a similar kiss scene where both actors seemed into it and it definitely wasn't the typical standard scene. It was somewhat similar to the one you mentioned from MNIKSS.

Oh yes I have! It was Smoking Hot! Kdramas are getting better about their kisses but I still see the other wimpy kisses for sure! (Ojakgyo brothers....get with it!)
I love this thread how could it die just like that, but don't worry I have a new rule:

The ultimate token of love a necklace shall be. Your beloved one will put it on you and then possibly backhug you. You shall lost it (in anger) and then retrieve it(from mud or river).

Hana yori dango

You're Beautiful

City Hunter

Boys over flowers
Hahahaha, this thread is wonderful. One about cliché already exists, but nobody had ever put it this way before, so my compliments to the thread starter and her hilarious biblical scenario. :D

I'd like to add one for which there are no pics though: Thou shall NOT have both parents alive! Mothers are usually the most dispensable ones, in Korea they die after giving birth and in Japan they abandon the family. If you're an orphan, so much the better, you can be adopted and be tyrannized all your life by your evil step sister who hates you for no reason.