p43425:
young first love that I totally missed out on in my own teens.

yeah I miss out on my young love Phase 2 lol

MeNotYou:
That said, most JBL's are without any kind of NC scenes and innocent characters, but they are so well done and such great stories that you don't need any kind of NC scene.

I'm also a big fan of JBLs. (This group is quite divided on the subject!) Aside from my general Japanophilia, I especially appreciate their originality and creativity - and a good love story with cute, engaging protagonists does much more for me than snogging and NC scenes (which I often find a bit boring unless they're sufficiently raw and/or kinky).

FortPeatForever:

Welcome to the club :)

Thank you!

Simi_Tutu:
Yes, this right here, I 100% agree with you! JBLS just hits differently on my feeling meter. The subtle cinematography has a way of making the plot more impactful.

Ikr?! Sometimes the overacting annoys me to no end (Toki in Sahara Sensei to Toki-Kun), but everything else is just on another level. Not a BL, but I highly recommend As Long As We Both Shall Live. It has everything I think you'll like in it.

MeNotYou:
As Long As We Both Shall Live

SEEN It! Loved it !! CRIED HARD 

p43425:

I'm also a big fan of JBLs. (This group is quite divided on the subject!) Aside from my general Japanophilia, I especially appreciate their originality and creativity - and a good love story with cute, engaging protagonists does much more for me than snogging and NC scenes (which I often find a bit boring unless they're sufficiently raw and/or kinky).

I'm quite eclectic when it comes to NC scenes because there's more that factor in it for me than just a couple showing skin and knocking boots. While I do tend to prefer a more adult theme BL over all, cuz well, I'm a full grown adult (tho some people may argue that fact)... age wise at any rate. ?That said, as long as it's not some dead fish kiss, I don't HAVE to have a full out NC scene either, tho some of them are YASSSS! and fan yourself worthy, especially of late. But then you get absolute disasters like Playboyy and the raunch was almost off putting because of the way it was done and with no plot to be found anywhere. It felt like some horny teenagers were in charge and I found myself just rolling my eyes at the whole thing. 

I also think that once KBLs get even more comfy in the genre, they will surpass everything because like the Japanese, they know their ish when it comes to storylines and productions and it's hard to beat their guys for good looks, nice bodies, and acting abilities. 

p43425:

I have a special place in my heart for the stories of young first love that I totally missed out on in my own teens. *sigh* As to Earth in "My Only 12%": Yeah, he was 25 at the time it was filmed, but nevertheless, I thought he was really really good in the role. I totally loved his chemistry with Santa.

I am NOT an Earth fan, but I honestly did like him in 12% too.... and better that Earth than my beloved EarthMix, Earth wearing school shorts. ? @Simi_Tutu

Simi_Tutu:

SEEN It! Loved it !! CRIED HARD 

My ult fav for sure. I can watch that over and over and not get tired of it. Anytime you wanna have a viewing together, just let me know cuz I'm down for it!

MeNotYou:
It feels like they just relied on the popularity of MosBank to make it a success.

This statement right here could not be more true!

From early on I have been saying that they are trying to do more than one series in one. The story-lines of the office romance and the paranormal are so disjointed. The script is also lacking. Honestly I come here every week and talk about how aesthetically pleasing the cinematography is and how I wish the script was just as good.

Regarding Battle of the Writers, I feel that the trailer was very misleading. I was very apprehensive about the series when it was announced because of YimTutor track record but then I saw the trailer and decided to give it a shot; well that was a regrettable decision. I am one of those persons who cannot drop a series no matter what. The perfectionist in me will not allow it, so now I am stuck with this mess.

MeNotYou:
The Auditors

I will have to check this one out.

Simi_Tutu:
Oh, an investigative drama. How is the pacing? I have the worst attention span. Whenever I try to watch a Chinese drama, there are just too many episodes. I love police investigation murder mysteries, so maybe I'll like this one.

The  pacing so far has been good but I am just at episode 6 out of 30 so let me not make any declaratory statements just yet. 

I rarely watch Chinese Romance dramas because too many episodes and slow burn plus there is oftentimes some huge emotional baggage/trauma in the story-line. I have to be in the mood for it. The last one I watched was Here to Heart.

Simi_Tutu:
I ended up dropping "My Love Mix Up" two episodes before it ended

I see my decision to strike it from my watchlist continues to be validated lol.

American Fan:
Sorry, this is a long reply

I see you are developing my long post syndrome lol.

American Fan:
This reminds me that my fav thing about Halloween is the candy corn!! Yum! Yum!

I have never had candy corn. I have always wanted to try it.

p43425:
I have a special place in my heart for the stories of young first love

I have a special love hate relationship with young first love shows lol.  Every once in a while I'll find a really good one and like violently sob about it. I'm really only talking about "I Told Sunset About You" - it hurt me just a little too much but I loved every second of it

Simi_Tutu:
 I've found that I now enjoy more mature storylines that focus on adult conflict. I've noticed that BL  has been taking a new direction lately. I'm excited to see more fantasy and action-packed plots, as that's more to my taste.

I am 100% with you on this statement.

Simi_Tutu:
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but those blue shorts for the school uniforms throw me off now. Ever since I saw them on a certain actor, *Cough* Earth *Cough* Some of the actors are just too old to be wearing them.

OMG are you reading my mind lol. Yes, some of those actors have no damn business in those shorts. Even great camera and makeup work cannot hide the fact that they are a little too old to be playing those characters. There are too many young actors trying to make it for production companies to be doing this.

p43425:
I totally missed out on in my own teens. *sigh*

Well I have just entered adulthood and I have never held hands much less a kiss but then again I avoid all romantic advances like the plague lol. My dream is to die as a wealthy, virgin bachelor.

MeNotYou:
tho some of them are YASSSS! and fan yourself worthy

I have a feeling we are going to get along just fine. (no one say anything let that side of me be discovered gradually *evil laugh*)

MeNotYou:
But then you get absolute disasters like Playboyy and the raunch was almost off putting because of the way it was done and with no plot to be found anywhere. It felt like some horny teenagers were in charge and I found myself just rolling my eyes at the whole thing. 

Right! It was an insult to a NC scene enthusiast such as myself. I am still pissed.

Day 28. If you could have ONE BL character (not actor) as your partner who would you choose and why?

None, because they're all gay. At least the main characters. If we're going by bisexual characters, I only know of one and he's happily married to his husband. Basically, I can't answer this question because I'm a woman lol

RXinw:
From early on I have been saying that they are trying to do more than one series in one. The story-lines of the office romance and the paranormal are so disjointed. The script is also lacking. Honestly I come here every week and talk about how aesthetically pleasing the cinematography is and how I wish the script was just as good.

Exactly! That's what I call lazy writing. They should've just stuck with the office romance and left the Naga storyline to The Sign. 

RXinw:
Regarding Battle of the Writers, I feel that the trailer was very misleading.

I never saw the trailer (this is exactly one of the reasons I usually avoid trailers), so that could be why I'm still ok with it, tho if I'm being honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if say something happened and I wasn't able to continue watching it....lol. It doesn't give me that "ugh how am I going to wait an entire week" or even an "I can't wait to see what's going to happen next" feeling, but I don't mind it over all. Definitely not worthy of a rewatch tho, that's for sure. 

RXinw:
The Auditors
I will have to check this one out.

Definitely do so. If you like mysteries and/or light action shows, I think you'll like it.

MeNotYou:
absolute disasters like Playboyy and the raunch was almost off putting because of the way it was done

But it was rather entertaining in a train-wreck kind of way. This is what happens when BDSM scenes are done by people who learned about BDSM from Wikipedia.

MeNotYou:
once KBLs get even more comfy in the genre, they will surpass everything because like the Japanese, they know their ish when it comes to storylines and productions

I think already now, KBLs really excel at delivering consistently high quality. Unless one places a high value on snogging or NC scenes, it's rare that a KBL disappoints. Thailand: Quantity. Korea: Quality. Japan: Originality.

RXinw:
I have never had candy corn. I have always wanted to try it.

It's disgusting. Don't do this to your body. (OK, I admit that I liked it as a kid, when I didn't know better.)

RXinw:
I see you are developing my long post syndrome

No worries. You remain unsurpassed, the "cordon bleu" of long posters.