Umm I've started watching it. It's ok but not my top priority..
Everythings seem so exagerated.I don't understand why it would affect Rei's work in that bakery that much.If the manager is affraid that people will come to see "the girl who doesn't exist" (is there really people who cares about Rei' story?), weel,just keep Rei in the kitchen for a while and people will find something else to talk about the next week. Why the journalist has wrote so much details which can identify Rei?Is he stupid or what? Why would the mother be fired?Does patients really care about the life of their nurse?She actually didn't do anything... And why do Rei and her family always appologize?And why people,instead of helping them and understanding them, act like they are a nuisance? All of this bother me. It seems so unrealistic and too much.Despite that,I find the drama nice. Maybe there is too much cultural differences for me.
^ I haven't watched ep 8, but up until the 7th, I think the problem for the manager is not the family register thing, but the "attempt for murderer" thing.. is it not only because of that anymore? aw... :( but personally, I really think sometimes Japanese (specially, housewives...and I think those who talk about Rei in the shop are housewives..keke) are overreacting about mistakes.. ~when I was in Jap, I've once only put garbages out a bit late, and some housewives called my uni for that...>__< they saw me!why didn't they told me it's not allowed at that time?I was a newcomer...*sigh* ~
This drama somehow captured me, but I´m a bit disappointed that they made Ayukawa having some kind of tumor and wanting us to pity him.

Talking about Ayukawa: Jun is displaying his character very good.
soracantabile wrote: ^
I haven't watched ep 8,
but up until the 7th, I think the problem for the manager is not the family register thing, but the "attempt for murderer" thing..
is it not only because of that anymore? aw... :(

but personally, I really think sometimes Japanese (specially, housewives...and I think those who talk about Rei in the shop are housewives..keke) are overreacting about mistakes..
~when I was in Jap, I've once only put garbages out a bit late, and some housewives called my uni for that...>__< they saw me!why didn't they told me it's not allowed at that time?I was a newcomer...*sigh* ~

Lol.... For real? They called your Uni? And what did they do?
Omg, i'd heard stuff about Japanese housewives before... but thats just extreme.

Also, do you know your neighbours well? Did you tell them which Uni you go to?
Rubyy wrote: Lol.... For real? They called your Uni? And what did they do?
Omg, i'd heard stuff about Japanese housewives before... but thats just extreme.

Also, do you know your neighbours well? Did you tell them which Uni you go to?

*nods*
seriously!LOL
no need to be close to know which uni, because all foreigners living in the building only go to 1 uni..
they called uni, uni sent e-mail to me (or maybe to all foreigners) with some warnings..

akai-kitsune wrote: This drama somehow captured me, but I´m a bit disappointed that they made Ayukawa having some kind of tumor and wanting us to pity him.

Talking about Ayukawa: Jun is displaying his character very good.

I don't know again if Ayukawa really became nice because of the tumor, or he just act..
but indeed, I pity him.. but imagine the past scenes, I hate him.. >_<
soracantabile wrote: *nods*
seriously!LOL
no need to be close to know which uni, because all foreigners living in the building only go to 1 uni..
they called uni, uni sent e-mail to me (or maybe to all foreigners) with some warnings..

I don't know again if Ayukawa really became nice because of the tumor, or he just act..
but indeed, I pity him.. but imagine the past scenes, I hate him.. >_<

I like Ayukawa anyway so I don´t need him being ill or pitying him.

What he did is sth wrong, but no matter how I look at that face I like him. Him being such a good actor is also a reason I love him in this one.

Like Ryo-chan in Last Friends, he was displaying his character that good you had to love him.
akai-kitsune wrote:
I like Ayukawa anyway so I don´t need him being ill or pitying him.

What he did is sth wrong, but no matter how I look at that face I like him. Him being such a good actor is also a reason I love him in this one.

Like Ryo-chan in Last Friends, he was displaying his character that good you had to love him.

I love the actor!
I just don't like the character...they're different, for sure...kekeke
Oh, of course the actor and the character are different, seeing a good actor playing the bad guy I start liking that character very much.

Some really bad actors and actresses make me hate the good guys.
I finally started this one tonight and so far I like what I'm seeing.
Ari_Lee wrote: I finally started this one tonight and so far I like what I'm seeing.

Thanks for telling, because if you hadn't, I probably wouldn't have seen your first post with the synopsis! This drama looks interesting to me, I put it on my PTW-list.
lily_b wrote: Thanks for telling, because if you hadn't, I probably wouldn't have seen your first post with the synopsis! This drama looks interesting to me, I put it on my PTW-list.

The synopsis might have lied a little about the 'love' part. I'm on episode 6 and all I've seen is some very light flirting/teasing, nothing that would make me go "Ah, they are in love." But I need to remind myself that I have to take into consideration that most Japanese romances (the ones I've watched at least) are not very straightforward and are more subtle. I do see their relationship more as an unlikely friendship... maybe. It's still cute seeing them together. Having said that, I still like this drama. It's not fast paced, but I find the whole theme it's dealing with very interesting and not boring at all.
Ah, I see. Well, yes, as far as I understand, Japanese dramas aren't known for hot and steamy romance. ;) This doesn't bother me, usually, and sometimes more subtle relationships can be more interesting (I don't know if that's the case here, but sometimes, things can be read between the lines). Anyway, love or not, I liked the first episode! You're right that the theme is interesting and not boring - I feel that this is a drama that has me thinking "huh? can something like this actually happen in real life? or is it incredibly unbelieavable?" and it makes me remember how little I actually know about Japanese society. And the girl is cute and the man is attractive, so it looks good so far.
lily_b wrote: Ah, I see. Well, yes, as far as I understand, Japanese dramas aren't known for hot and steamy romance. ;) This doesn't bother me, usually, and sometimes more subtle relationships can be more interesting (I don't know if that's the case here, but sometimes, things can be read between the lines). Anyway, love or not, I liked the first episode! You're right that the theme is interesting and not boring - I feel that this is a drama that has me thinking "huh? can something like this actually happen in real life? or is it incredibly unbelieavable?" and it makes me remember how little I actually know about Japanese society. And the girl is cute and the man is attractive, so it looks good so far.

I already finished it yesterday and I loved it. The only thing that kind of bothered me, at first, was the casting of the actor who played Ayukawa. I thought he looked too young for the role, but, still, he was pretty good and convincing. So as the drama progressed it bothered me less and less. About the romance, once I started to judge the romance in this drama by reminding myself of other J-dramas I watched, I definitely saw it and really liked the way it developed. I still think they look good together.

That was my reaction too when they talked about the 300 days law.

By the way, I LOVE the opening of this drama.
Ari_Lee wrote: I already finished it yesterday and I loved it. The only thing that kind of bothered me, at first, was the casting of the actor who played Ayukawa. I thought he looked too young for the role, but, still, he was pretty good and convincing. So as the drama progressed it bothered me less and less. About the romance, once I started to judge the romance in this drama by reminding myself of other J-dramas I watched, I definitely saw it and really liked the way it developed. I still think they look good together.

That was my reaction too when they talked about the 300 days law.

By the way, I LOVE the opening of this drama.

Now I definitely need to watch this. I've been meaning to download and it has hit my radar more than once to watch so it's now at the front of the line.