Pot-Pourri Haru:
@Old_Anime_Lady are you ok with it too?  

yep super ok, but the designs are super small at the moment.

Hello! 

A little bit late to the party despite lurking on this thread since you launched it, but I'd like to join the club too. 

Japan is my favourite country when it comes to dramas (and other things too) and has been the only one for long. 

Lately I completed Imawa no Kuni no Arisu and just started Doctor X season 7.

Hi all!

I'm definitely down to join the club. I really started to get into Japanese dramas from the beginning of 2021 and have watched quite a few already. Planning to start Okaeri Mone this weekend.   

Thank you to everyone making the banners and badges. Thanks @chiha for the Kaya Kiyohara badge.

I'm joining too! Love doramas and haven't been watching enough of them lately, because ... I have no good reason. I will watch more. Thanks for making the club!

Crimson:

Hi all!

I'm definitely down to join the club. I really started to get into Japanese dramas from the beginning of 2021 and have watched quite a few already. Planning to start Okaeri Mone this weekend.   

Thank you to everyone making the banners and badges. Thanks @chiha for the Kaya Kiyohara badge.

I super recommend watching Okaeri Mone, it's the only drama I have ever written an article for. Kaya Kiyohara is one of my favorites and I'm watching one of her older dramas too. Hope you like OM. And you're welcome :)

SumiTheCat:

Hello! 

A little bit late to the party despite lurking on this thread since you launched it, but I'd like to join the club too. 

Japan is my favourite country when it comes to dramas (and other things too) and has been the only one for long. 

Are the Doctor X series really worth it? The covers always throw me off but many of the best Jdramas have the worst covers 😂 I would like to skip the first and watch the second instead but I'm not sure as to how the stories connect (and I don't trust dramas with multiple seasons 😅)

chiha:

Are the Doctor X series really worth it? The covers always throw me off but many of the best Jdramas have the worst covers 😂 I would like to skip the first and watch the second instead but I'm not sure as to how the stories connect (and I don't trust dramas with multiple seasons 😅)

Well, it depends on what you are looking for in a drama. Doctor X has many of the things people don't always enjoy in japanese dramas, like charismatic characters without flaws (or almost), weird and overacting (on purpose), but those are also what makes this drama a guilty pleasure. I mean, you don't come for the medical stuffs (though it is still interesting), but more for the characters and their relationship (be careful, this is not a slice of life drama, based on character growth and subtle relationships), and the general dynamic atmosphere of the drama. 

Seasons are not really connected, and you can start from the second one if you prefer. There are recurring characters, but it's not really important to remember what leads to the fact they do or don't like each others (as if I remember what happened in the first season). I would suggest you to try a few episodes to have a more precise idea, and see if it's to your liking. 

As for posters, though they are somehow relevant to the drama, in Japan you should follow the saying : don't judge a book by its cover. As you said, they generally have bad covers, and honestly, some of my favorite dramas have bad posters, or to be more accurate, not aesthetical posters.

Sumi, I am not able to quote you but thanks for sharing your experience. I might start the second season then. I'm not really looking for medical accuracy and I can tolerate overacting 🤣✌️

As for what you said about the covers, totally true. Liar Game is one of my favorites but the cover is so out of it 😂 also, it feels weird sharing this but Sumi is my irl name (a part of it anyway). Thanks a lot :)

chiha:
I am not able to quote

You can highlight a part of longer text, then the option for "quote" will appear (like the screenshot below). I use firefox on desktop so not sure if it applies to other devices too.

TimiZero:

You can highlight a part of longer text, then the option for "quote" will appear (like the screenshot below). I use firefox on desktop so not sure if it applies to other devices too.

Thanks Timi :) MDL always has different features to discover 😂

TimiZero:

I know this wasn't to me, but you've just changed my life lmao thanks!

xinya:

I'm joining too! Love doramas and haven't been watching enough of them lately, because ... I have no good reason. I will watch more. Thanks for making the club!

Welcome to the JDC xinya! :D 

Crimson:

Hi all!

Hi there Crimson ^-^ welcome to the club!

SumiTheCat:

Hello! 

Ah checking out the situation before joining is a solid strategy :D
Welcome! And thanks for the input on Doctor X! 

chiha:

Sumi, I am not able to quote you but thanks for sharing your experience. I might start the second season then. I'm not really looking for medical accuracy and I can tolerate overacting 🤣✌️

As for what you said about the covers, totally true. Liar Game is one of my favorites but the cover is so out of it 😂 also, it feels weird sharing this but Sumi is my irl name (a part of it anyway). Thanks a lot :)

Oh, what a coincidence! You made me curious (but don't worry, I won't ask, there are display names for a reason!). 

I chose it for my cat (obviously) because I wanted a japanese word that was linked to black ink. I like the sound of those two syllabs. 

Hopefully Doctor X will be to your liking if you are not averse to those dramas' characteristics!