Pot-Pourri Haru:

Ah checking out the situation before joining is a solid strategy :D
Welcome! And thanks for the input on Doctor X! 

Thank you! glad to be here!

That was the strategy I used before joining MDL too! ;P

I would like to join. I love doramas and I am so happy to see it getting more fans. It would be amazing to see your recs and to see more people getting engaged in writing about doramas. I am not exactly talented at anything but I can try making banners and badges, because design is sort of a hobby I like.

Warm welcome Kalila! Just jump right in, get creative (have you seen the contest / challenge for our mascot? Go to the front page of the forum or click on my profile if you want to know more ) ^-^

And people who are more disciplined than me are already giving good recs in this feed, I guess from page 3 onwards you can find it sprinkled in-between ^-^

(Can't quote yet with this account, still to young in MDL years :D) 

J Dorama Club:

Warm welcome Kalila! Just jump right in, get creative (have you seen the contest / challenge for our mascot? Go to the front page of the forum or click on my profile if you want to know more ) ^-^

And people who are more disciplined than me are already giving good recs in this feed, I guess from page 3 onwards you can find it sprinkled in-between ^-^

(Can't quote yet with this account, still to young in MDL years :D) 

Thanks, I will check both the recs and the contest ^^

chiha:

I super recommend watching Okaeri Mone, it's the only drama I have ever written an article for. Kaya Kiyohara is one of my favorites and I'm watching one of her older dramas too. Hope you like OM. And you're welcome :)

Do you have a link for that article you wrote? I don't mind spoilers and am not too familiar with searching for articles.

Crimson:

Do you have a link for that article you wrote? I don't mind spoilers and am not too familiar with searching for articles.

https://mydramalist.com/article/currently-watching-okaeri-mone

I think it's this one 

✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬
Contributions for the mascot icon are all in - now it is time to chose!
Go to my profile or (currently) the feeds and decide what I will wear from now on!
So excited! 《《o(≧◇≦)o》》 

Kez:

Thanks! ^^ as of the recent dramas I’ve watched, I recommend Komi-san, which is relatable and wholesome. I’m also watching Saiai, a mystery drama which is my favorite genre :) What about your favorites?

I am so so so sorry for the late reply!
Aight, my favs - that I remember, because I watched loads of them over 10 years ago, and am still searching for some of them. Due to several reasons I pushed away a lot of memories. Positive side: I can rediscover dorama anew and find good memories with them. So Mhmhm let me rec:
Hotaru no hikari. Because the FL grows and learns but is also just herself.
GTO because it was the first one, I think, that I watched. There are loads of after school memories interwoven with watching it.
Ando Natsu is and stays one of my favs.  I just love people who find their "meaning" in life later on or with the help of others.
(also please consider the time in which all of those were made. They have their problems)

Lastly I recommend Juhan Shuttai! it is way not perfect, more slice of life than anything, but it still liked the FL because she just tries, learns and gives it her best. With a team around her, that makes her part of their "family". Somehow.

And last one, a movie, Sakuran. Loved the Manga and the costumes and the sass. :D

if you like Saiai - do you read books by Yokoyama Hideo? 

Thanks for your recs, I love the cast on all of your recs! You’ve seen a lot of good classics, thanks for giving me the guide I needed. GTO is also one of my first jdrama ^^ I’ve also been eyeing Hotaru no Hikari bcs it’s from a josei manga which is my favorite along with mystery, and now that you recommended it I should put it in my priority ? 

I only watch drama/movie adaptations of novel, I’ll look up on Yokoyama Hideo, does he have a movie/drama? One of my favorite mystery authors is Higashino Keigo tho, I’ve seen a lot of his adapted works ^^

Kez:

Thanks for your recs, I love the cast on all of your recs! You’ve seen a lot of good classics, thanks for giving me the guide I needed. GTO is also one of my first jdrama ^^ I’ve also been eyeing Hotaru no Hikari bcs it’s from a josei manga which is my favorite along with mystery, and now that you recommended it I should put it in my priority ? 

I only watch drama/movie adaptations of novel, I’ll look up on Yokoyama Hideo, does he have a movie/drama? One of my favorite mystery authors is Higashino Keigo tho, I’ve seen a lot of his adapted works ^^

Yokoyama Hideo's 64 has movie and drama adaptation, but the drama is not subbed and the English subs for the movies are terrible.  (Chinese, Arabic, and Persian subs are available for the movies, though. They might be better than the English subs).

I see there was a 90's list for the account page would you like me to do one for the other eras that I have watched?

It would be good to have for the Watch challenge as well.

I made this list from what I watched from 2000 - 2009 https://mydramalist.com/list/3bgwJxk4
i will make one at a later date for 2010-2015

Old_Anime_Lady:

I made this list from what I watched from 2000 - 2009 https://mydramalist.com/list/3bgwJxk4

Ahh this is really cool, I wish MDL allowed us to save/feature lists. That would help JDC a lot (and many users too)

Old_Anime_Lady:

I have had Love Shuffle on hold for the longest time. Been seeing that a lot of people liked it so thinking about picking it back up again though.

I should get around to watching Liar Game and Departures