Hi everyone,

When I started watching Kdrama's I was obsessed with only watching the newest and *best*. . . Now that it's been years (and I've run out of "new" things to watch) I've come to realize there are true kdrama gems out there! Sure, they might not have the best quality or editing we see in todays dramas, but their heart and comedy can't be beat! I would love to know if there are any great old-ish recommendations out there worth watching with great romance, a fun plot, heartfelt story line etc etc. What I'm thinking of are shows like wild romance, couple or trouble, that fool etc. 

I'm not sure if these exactly fit your criteria, but for romcoms, I'd recommend:
- Attic Cat
- Wonderful Life

Oh, and it might not be what your looking for, but allow me to recommend Ruler of Your Own World. Technically, it's a melodrama, but it's far cry from old-school melodramas of yore like Winter Sonata and the like. It's probably one of the most naturalistic Kdramas I've ever watched. And amazingly, even though it has many tropes you often see in Kdramas (fatal disease, love square, a male lead with dark/sad past, main leads with different social status; heck, it even has a birth secret), they're all incorporated organically into the story and don't feel cliched, or even melodramatic, at all.
One of my Top-10 fave K-dramas is an oldie: The Vineyard Man :)
Dr. Gang is a cool oldie. I personally love it, despite the "old fashioned" feel and the unusual romance. The leads have wonderful chemistry.
Punch (2003) is a bit harder to get through because the 00s irritating shenanigans are all there (the second male lead is awful). But still a nice try if you're looking for old dramas, plus there's a young Shin Min Ah having a nice ahjussi romance with Joo Jin Mo.
Magic. One of Kang Dong Won's rare appearances in dramaland. Again, I found the main romance a little annoying, but it's a hidden 00s kdrama not many have seen.
Evasive Inquiry Agency - it's more of a comedy, but still a late 00s fun ride.
Surgeon Bong Dal Hee - I don't know how you feel about medical dramas, but this one is a favorite. Nice, late 00s feel with a compelling main romance.
Oh, yes!  I second samsoons rec for Dr. Gang.  I loved that one too! :)

EDIT: Also, My Girl.  That was one of the very first K-dramas I watched.  Not sure how it would hold up on my rating scale today, but I truly loved it back then. :)

And another fave: I Really Really Like You
Pasta
Goong
Full House
Sandglass
Sweet 18
Star's Lover
Only You
Hello! Miss
Green Rose
Spring Day
Phoenix
A Love To Kill
I'm Sorry, I Love You
Be Strong Geum Soon
I Love Hyun Jung
I Love Lee Tae Ri
Scent of a Woman
If In Love Like Them
Love Story in Harvard
A Gentleman's Dignity
Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
Stars Falling From the Sky
Sang Doo, Let's Go To School
King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo
Successful Story of a Bright Girl
Arang and the Magistrate
Time Between Dog and Wolf
Ms. Kim's Million Dollar Quest
Delicious Proposal
Hearts of Nineteen
She is Nineteen
Personal Taste
Boys Over Flowers
Cain and Abel
East of Eden
My Princess
Five Fingers
Last Scandal
Oh! My Lady
Second Proposal
Capital Scandal
Three Dads One Mom
Dal Ja's Spring
Lovers in Paris
What Happened in Bali
When It's At Night
City hall
49 Days
Dong Yi
Jumong
Thank You
Love Letter
Super Rookie
Coffee Prince
Lie to Me
Hotelier
I Do, I Do
I Am Legend
My Fair Lady
Witch Yoo Hee
The Bridal Mask
Shoot For The Stars
My Life's Golden Age
My Lovely Sam Soon
Terms of Endearment
The Greatest Love
Save the Last Dance for Me
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Shining Inheritance
Road Number One
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
The World That They Live In
Moon that Embraces the Sun
My Lovely Sam Soon
My Love Patzzi
Secret Garden
Rooftop Prince
1% of Anything
Spring Waltz
The Snow Queen
Winter Sonata
Cloud Stairs
Soulmate
Autumn Tale
Lovers (2006)
Three Brothers
Ojakgyo Brothers
You're Beautiful
Stairway to Heaven
Jewel in the Palace
When Spring Comes
We Are Dating Now
Please Come Back, Soon Ae

I strongly recommend:

Hotelier (2001) : Song Yoon Ah + Bae Yong Jun + Kim Seung Woo (also + Song Hye Kyo)
It's the story of how a hotel staff tries to make it survive after the owner dies. Their worst problem is that a businessman is determined to buy the hotel and resell it. The love problem? The heartless businessman falls in love with the hotel manager, who is the one who most wants the hotel to survive. When they met, they didn't know who the other was.
*The love triangle is great and the main couple has great chemistry.

Piano (2001) : Jo Jae Hyun + Kim Ha Neul + Go Soo + Jo In Sung
It's the story of a totally dysfunctional family.
Two children fall in love and unintentionally make their parents fall in love too, then the parents end up getting married. The stepfather was a former thug, but due to he was hopelessly in love he has changed remarkably, however, being unable to compare himself with the late father of his stepchildren, they hate him to death. After an accident the mother dies, and the story follows the clumsy but well-meaning stepfather trying to raise the four children (he had a daughter with the deceased) and trying to be forgiven by his stepchildren, who are giving themselves to bad life.
*Great screenplay, great performances, powerful message.
I don't know how "old" you want them to be but I'm going to guess 2007 is old enough so I HIGHLY recommend Coffee Prince. It has Gong Yoo (Goblin and Train to Busan) in the main role and it is honestly the most amazing drama I've ever watched. It makes me so happy and tbh it's so worth watching. 
I thoroughly enjoyed Que Sera, Sera from 2007. It's not a standard rom/com type, but I found it addictive watching :)
Shining Inheritance is one of my favorites
Personal Taste is my FAV Lee Min Ho drama. Great rom-com with heartfelt moments. And Pasta has Gong Hyo Jin at her finest and Lee Sun Gyun. My first food drama!

P.S. if you're ever in the mood to  cry your eyes out, Thank You is a romantic family melo that hits you right in the feels. (I'm not one for melos but this one is totally worth it and it introduced me to Jang Hyuk!

I highly recommend:
LAST MATCH - this is is pretty old. Aired on 1994. Its one of the best coming of age drama with a college setting. It tells a story about 2 friends in their journey in their love for basketball, their rivalry with each other, their first experience of falling in love, their goals and dreams. One of the best ive seen, even comapred to new dramas.

MR DUKE - this has choi jiwoo and kim seungwon. And man this had me in addicted. This aired around 2000 - 2001

LOVERS IN PRAGUE - Aired around 2007 and such a funny addicting drama. And in retrospect its amazing that it has my ultimate biases in this drama, my ha jungwoo and the awesome jeon doyeon

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL- A Family drama that aired in 2010. One of the strongest family drama ever. Its tackles gay issues that even now is still considered taboo.