I just want CX die faster so he dont need to suffer longer :(

I got desperate and watched all 36 episodes.  29-36 did not have subtitles, so sad.  By episode 36, the emperor is coughing more and a little weaker but he’s not super noticeably ill.  The drama is only 58 episodes...and we’re on 36.  How are they gonna fit mingyu’s adult son, his marriage and grandchild In the next 20 episodes without rushing through the storyline?  

I never thought  Chengxu and Mingyu we’re gonna end up together BUT I expected them to at least hook up once or have a quick fling after the emperor died bc it would justify Mingyus’ son’s hate towards Chengxu.  If her son becomes a whiny moron bc of the relationship they had as teenagers, then he deserves to die and is an idiot.  There’s no way in hell he should be upset about their Relationship as adults (while emperor was alive) either...Chengxu and Mingyu haven’t done anything, they’re not even having an emotional affair!

I hope this drama doesn’t mirror the one that came before it.  How boring. 

The comment section is lagging, it’s sooooo slow.  Please tell people to post here.  It loads much faster!  Please please y’all!!!

Dave:

I just want CX die faster so he dont need to suffer longer :(

This!!! Just left Ming Yu alone with her progeny. I fear that she will use him for her own gain in the future episodes

Xien_Rue:

This!!! Just left Ming Yu alone with her progeny. I fear that she will use him for her own gain in the future episodes

Ikr! its really painfull to see CX get rejecting and ask him to move on but dont wanna let him go, she keep need CX to do something and use him like a tool

Viki is releasing the subbed episodes too slow, I am still in ep 20 which is not even fully subbed, the eng sub available in youtube is just too terrible because the translation don,t make sense at all, any other option where I can watch eng subs please

LoveSiYehan:

Viki is releasing the subbed episodes too slow, I am still in ep 20 which is not even fully subbed, the eng sub available in youtube is just too terrible because the translation don,t make sense at all, any other option where I can watch eng subs please

You can probably find subs on dramacool. I think they have subs up to episode 30. However, I am not sure if the subs are good. 

LoveSiYehan:

Dramacool subs aren’t as great as Viki but I believe they’re better than YT.  You’ll still know what’s going on with the subs on dramacool.  I’m impatient, need to watch as many episodes as possible.  I love this drama, so I’ve been watching on dramacool.  

Just finished episode 30.  Ok, it’s time to refocus on Chengxu’s storyline.  21-30 have mainly been about Mingyu and harem, which I loved but we need to know more about Chengxu’s Strategy to get the crown, situation with Mingyu, his wife, and relationship with his brothers.

Emperor is an idiot.  For a dude that’s so smart, he’s so dumb in the lover dept.  most men are tho lol.  Wangyin is soooo dumb.  Girl, your obsession with Mingyu is over the top, and gonna cause you death.

I went back and watched the long trailer in English.  I’m gonna be so pissed if Mingyu becomes the exact thing she hated in the palace.  Why the hell would you force your son into an arranged marriage when you know how wrong and painful it is from your own experience??  Did you learn nothing, you bum????  Why are you fighting for the crown when you know your son isn’t fit to be emperor and Chengxu is????  You know this, girl.  Why.  This is such a lazy storyline, c’mon writers, make this version different from the 2003 version.  Please.  

The Mingyu the show has created for us (30 episodes) would NOT act this way, even as an old lady with an adult child.  The writers have gone over the top to show us how humble, fair and just she is.  To turn her character into a selfish, power hungry fool is so freaking predictable and lazy.  Ugh.

If anyone has English subs for 31-36, do us a solid and share your link. 

Goyoolee:

Dramacool subs aren’t as great as Viki but I believe they’re better than YT.  You’ll still know what’s going on with the subs on dramacool.  I’m impatient, need to watch as many episodes as possible.  I love this drama, so I’ve been watching on dramacool.  

Thanks, I'll try that

On top 10 actors, Number 4, Cheng Yi with his drama The Promise of Chang An. Hey Hey Hey. Moving forward, with perseverance, dear Cheng Yi, we want to see you in many more dramas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAx_iCYW-U

I am in ep 25 now, I so hate that self-absorbing b*tch Wanyin that I have to rant here before I continue watching (LOL!) SHe's acting all weak and demure but having such bitter heart..ugh...

LoveSiYehan:

I am in ep 25 now, I so hate that self-absorbing b*tch Wanyin that I have to rant here before I continue watching (LOL!) SHe's acting all weak and demure but having such bitter heart..ugh...

She’s a mess but I think she’s always been this way. I feel like the writers did a good job of developing her character.  

I don’t hate her that much bc she’s dumb.  A not so smart villain.  Girl has no strategy, just a ball of insecurity, jealousy and emotions.  She was married away to some prince that probably raped and tortured her...and When her grandfather gave her away to this dude, he treated her like trash. Didn’t show much compassion before sending her off.  

If you’re on 25, it’s gonna be bad for a while.  Until episode 36, lol.

But like. How hot is Chengxu?!  What are your thoughts on Mingyu?

Goyoolee:

She’s a mess but I think she’s always been this way. I feel like the writers did a good job of developing her character.  

I don’t hate her that much bc she’s dumb.  A not so smart villain.  Girl has no strategy, just a ball of insecurity, jealousy and emotions.  She was married away to some prince that probably raped and tortured her...and When her grandfather gave her away to this dude, he treated her like trash. Didn’t show much compassion before sending her off.  

If you’re on 25, it’s gonna be bad for a while.  Until episode 36, lol.

But like. How hot is Chengxu?!  What are your thoughts on Mingyu?

Hahaha...Chengxu is hotttt with his military garbs, but I still prefer Sifeng with his long flowing hair and golden wings LoL...as got Mingyu, everything she did so far, like marrying the emperor and returning to the emperor were done with Chengxu in mind,so far,so good..but persuading him to marry maybe to ease ber own conscience...and I cried too when She's found to be pregnant,at that moment I think I feel the same way as her....bearing the child of a man you don't love, and there being no possibility of escaping again and no hope to be with the one you love...the pregnancy makes everything that much more desperate.. I really feel her tears at that moment... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XkEWuLJEzE

How cool: "Awakening Chang'an", starring actor Cheng Yi, is about to be released. (but it says here that they finished filming on September 15th. So why are there images of Cheng Yi coming out of the recordings and they keep saying that the drama would have its filming completed only on September 15th? (Is he actually already filming another drama that we don't know what it is?).