inclespirit
Mar 12, 2016
Just finished this AWESOME drama!! The feelings are still here. I can;t even count how much tears was produced due to this drama. This is definitely a must watch drama. Although some parts of the case may be pretty graphic (according to me) it was still good. This drama definitely wouldn't be how it is without those scenes.

Story: This is by the best story line I have ever seen. All the read more actors are perfect. I felt their pain, their happiness, their frustrations, everything. This drama made me smile, laugh, and cry. Nothing can explain the feelings I had while waiting every week for new episodes.
The writer did such a good job at keeping the suspense always there. The fact that the story has many questions left to answer and is kept for the audience to decipher on what they want to happen is so breathtakingly beautiful. Its just so amazing that the writer and director was able to mesh all that and bring this wonderful work. This drama is definitely by far one of the best detective dramas, or drama overall.

Actors: I love the actors. Every one of them meshed into their character so well, I couldn't even tell they were acting. The child actors just hit my heart so so bad, especially the famous omelet scene. Gotta give it to the boy, I cried so much watching that scene. After this drama, I am definitely having an ahjussi-crush on Jo Jin Woong. The mains of this drama was just the best ones the directors could have gotten. I can't even imagine any one else playing their characters. Kim Hye-soo was also superb. Her acting during the shock scene was just...no words possible. Last but not least, Le Je Hoon was not just eye candy. The emotions he showed touched my heart soo much. I fell for him even more after this drama. Overall, the actors and actresses were TERRIFIC. I wished this drama never ends.

Music: Love the OST. Been jamming with it every day. It's definitely going to be on repeat to relinquish my withdrawals from this drama.

So many questions are left after I finished this drama... Despite that fact, this is still a must watch drama!
CrusadingAngel
Mar 13, 2016
Signal was an amazing drama from start to finish. At first, I thought that this was simply going to be another crime-solving drama where the main character goes around solving mysteries. Boy was I wrong! This drama is so much more than that. Signal was a crime thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout most of the show. I kept checking back to see when the next episode read more was available because I wanted to see what was going to happen next! The time-traveling walkie-talkie definitely added some extra spice to the show. Does the walkie-talkie actually time travel? No it doesn't. Are you curious as to what I'm talking about? Well let's just say you'll just have to watch the show to find out! Trust me it's definitely worth it. Or else the drama wouldn't have a score of 9.2 at the time of me writing this review. Continue reading if you're unsure still unsure about whether you want to watch this show or not.

Story: [9.5/10] One thing that this drama does well is it takes very common story elements and turn it into something special. Have you ever seen a crime-solving drama? I have seen many myself. None has impressed me as much as this one. This show stands out from other crime-solving shows because it involves two people from different times attempting to work together to solve the same crime. There where a lot of flashbacks and events from the past that were used to help the characters in the present solve the different crimes. I must admit that initially I thought that this was not something that would have worked well with this type of show. However, in the end, the director and writers manage to mesh all of these elements together to create a great show such as Signal.

Although there were several things that kept me from giving the show a 10. One of the reasons that I didn't give the show a 10 has to do with the walkie-talkie. I wanted to know more about the walkie-talkie. I was a little disappointed by the end because I had some questions about the walkie-talkie that were never answered. I don't want to bring up the actual question because it may spoil a little of the show for you if you haven't already seen it. Just know that the walkie-talkie plays a very big part in the show and that I'm annoyed because they didn't answer my question haha.

Perhaps another weakness of the show is that it can be confusing at times. As I mentioned, there are a lot of flashbacks, and moments where we see events from the past. It often got confusing because the show would sometimes jump back and forth between past and present. On the flip side of all this, the show also had its' own strengths when jumping back and forth between the past and present. The writers of Signal did a very good job in setting up the different time jumps. As I would often find myself only confused for about 5-10 seconds before saying oh this is what is going on and I see why there was this flashback/time jump etc. In a way, I was never really confused at all because my confusion went away since the show itself answered most if not all of the questions I may have had about what was going on. This is a good thing because most shows don't do this. Other shows will often just leave you to wonder what the heck is going on the whole time.

Overall this show also kept a very good pace. It never felt like it went to fast or that it was dragging on.for too long. I applaud the director and writers for coming up with such a great story. They did a very great job in turning simple plot elements into a very sophisticated story. They didn't exactly invent a new genre or anything (or did they?). One thing is for sure though. They sure know how to tell a darn good story!

Acting: [10/10] All of the actors and actresses did a very commendable job during this whole drama. There were times where I was completely drawn in by the acting. In fact I cried at least two times during this whole drama. Let me just tell you now. I don't cry very often when watching shows. I rarely ever cry while watching sad dramas, let alone a crime thriller! This can mean one of several things. The first possible meaning is that the actors did a very good job acting. The second is that the story was very well told and that we were meant to cry at that part. I'm inclined to believe that it was a mixture of both. There where also several child actors and actresses in this show as well. Although they were all mostly pretty young, their acting only helped to improve this drama.

Music: [9/10] The music was very well made. If there was a suspenseful moment, suspenseful music that fit the scene came with at the right moment. All in all, the music helped enhance certain moments of the show depending on where it was needed. The OST to this show was nothing to scoff at either. Was it a ground-breaking OST that I will listen to for years to come? No, not really. However, it's definitely something that I will put into my playlist in the future.

Overall I definitely suggest you watch the show if you already haven't. You won't regret it! Objectively I can't give this show all 10s because it definitely wasn't completely perfect. However, subjectively it was one of the most well written Korean drama that I've ever seen.

Thank you for reading my first ever review on MDL! I hope you enjoyed it!
absinthe_feane
Mar 20, 2016
I was pondering whether to write a review to this wonderful drama or not. But in the end I don't think I could find closure if I don't write something about it.

There is this thing with a 10 point rating. Some give it very easily, some almost never give 10 points. As for me, it's like this: If a drama is successfully absorbing me into its universe and everything just seems read more to be perfect to me, then it reached a point where it's worth receiving my whole dedication. It doesn't matter if others say, there are flaws in it, whether it's true or not. I just don't see them anymore as I am part of that new world where there are no 'story-faults' and such things.

Signal was successful in every matter.

Story.
First episode and it just pushes you right in the middle of the event. You get immediately drawn to the characters, the suspense and the story. You don't have time to take a deep breath, instead you completely hold it. And when you think it's over and you can take some minutes to rest, the next incident is already starting and you just get sucked in again. If you're lucky, you get some minutes to reminisce about and take in what just happened. But as the story continues, the suspense intensifies and breaks loose in a shocking finale.

Characters.
They like to play with your emotions. Ups and downs, but most of all excitement and anxiousness. Plenty of. The acting was on point, it captivates you. There is this female cop you're dealing with. And there's the present version and a past version of her. They are completely different as the older version has matured and became stronger. You just see the growth. And there's this guy. You see him and you want to help him. You see his conviction and his struggle. You just want to be by his side, so he won't be the lonely hunter in a forest full of wolves. And then there's this boy. He's so full of himself and full of hate for others and the world. But he gets a chance and a view from another angle. And he takes it. And don't forget this villian. You don't know about him right away but you soon grow to hate him like no other. Extremely. Wholeheartedly.

Music.
Every minute, every scene, every moment. It just fits. It just gives you this special feeling about the story and its meaning. And then there's this nostalgic feeling to it. You can't even discribe it. It just takes you back in time and like you're reminiscing about your own past, it carries this wistful desire to actually go back, live again and maybe change something.

Background.
To get to know that many cases are real-time cases makes the drama even heavier and impacting. Sometimes you think writers create scary non-realistic monsters. But truth be told, our world, our reality creates the most fearsome monsters you just wouldn't believe them to exist among us.

Message.
Whether there is one or not. Everyone has to decide that for themselves. But the drama depicts some really interesting and worth thinking about questions. Most of all: What would you do if you could change the past?

Deserved 10 points.
fourheadjen
Mar 12, 2016
Just finished the last episode of this drama and I immediately had to make a blog post. This drama is ineffable. It is the pinnacle of everything I expect from a drama, and it blew my expectations to tell you the truth. The genres coalesce in this drama, and I went through a literal catharsis watching episode 15 in particular. Now, I'm going to dissect this drama...

Crime: The 3-4 cases this read more series is based on are REAL COLD CASES. These kidnappers, murderers, and rapists are on the loose to this day. It sickens me but I really like how they did those cases justice. There is so much commentary on current society about police and corruption. Our society, despite its progress, is still muddled with corruption and Lee Jae Han was definitely a shining beacon in this drama, demonstrating how our justice system should really be. Anyway, the writing for these cases was spot on.

Mystery: I find the cases well paced; they were timed with enough suspense but weren't stretched out. I initially thought this series would only focus on one case but I really appreciated that it was a mix of cases that in reality were all connected. This series was really unpredictable in how the cases would be solved & who would survive or die (as the past can change and those who died could still live and vice versa). I was on my toes dying to know what would happen til the very last minute of this drama.

Time-Travel: THIS WAS EXECUTED SO WELL. I love the complexity of the time-travel and how a subtle change in the past can amplify in the future; it was realistic for an unrealistic concept. The writers handled the shifts in the past and present so well & I couldn't even follow at points (which I think is a very good quality, if a drama can outsmart me haha). Definitely made this drama stand out! One thing I'd say is that if I was Hae Young on the walkie-talkie, I'd cram so much info in that minute they talked haha. The time-travel (if you can really call it that) was also perfect because you got a balance of present day and 80's dramas (which people desire like in Reply 1984. Reply 1988, etc.). You get very two very different vibes in the same drama which really caters to different interests.

Romance: This is so subtle. Don't go into this drama expecting a romance because you really won't get anything. It's just a little heartwarming seeing scenes where the main female lead pines over Jae Han. You get to see the care they have for each other. This definitely made the drama a little lighter from its heavy subject matter but I still respect how the romance was put on the side. This drama really needed to focus on the cases and the justice needed to be served which it did!

Characters/Acting: I honestly have nothing but praise for the actors. Cha Soo Hyun in particular. This character was stunning; the complexity of the character arc and the contrast of her past self and present self were acted perfectly by Kim Hye Soo. Her acting as a victim was great as well. The main lead, Park Hae Young, I also really enjoyed. He's relatable and real, and he can act! I really appreciate how this drama wasn't about having a flower boy lead; I could really focus on the character! And Lee Jae Han stole my heart really. He's such a strong spirit with bright morals; he definitely shone in the drama and had really great, passionate monologues. Awesome acting from the main leads! And Kim Bum Joo... what a despicable character. Well done, I guess. And there's another character, Ahn Chi Soo, who has a really complex character arc throughout the series... I just appreciate the depth each character has... amazing job writers!

Plot/Writing: As I've alluded to before, this series is well paced. I find everything unpredictable and nothing dragged. Nothing was too confusing and the series had an appropriate amount of flashbacks. This drama didn't have any typical kdrama plot devices and the writers definitely aren't scared to wring your heartstrings a little... I cried 6 times in an episode! Everything in the story is so intricately woven, I can't help but wonder if they planned all of this since episode 1. No episode was subpar compared to the rest; each episode got better and better which is truly rare. I just can't get enough.

OST: Very subtle OST that fits the theme of this drama. It's very heartwarming and like one of a "family" drama I guess. It sounds like home to me.

Overall, I am so in love with this drama. The ending definitely was open-ended so I am desperate for a season 2. My only fear is that it might not live up to season 1. Give this drama a go, I promise it won't disappoint!
bernaxt
Simply brilliant.

Never have I ever watched a Korean drama that left me speechless and at loss for words the way Signal did. The drama never conformed on the cliches and the archetypes ever since the beginning. At first, I was wary. Yes, I was. Because those drama cliches we've grown to love and hate always brings a feeling of familiarity, often times, just mixed with different elements and spices; but still read more familiar. I've grown to accept that it's always going to be like that in the world of dramas. So, Signal put me off-guard, got me out of my comfort zone, and let me explore a wonderful drama that I don't know if I will ever experience again. If there's ever one thing that I did right, it would be that night I stumbled upon Signal's 1st episode. I don't need to execute superlative adjectives that would describe Signal because the opinions of absolutely everyone is going to be the same. Whatever good thing you hear about it, I will always agree to it.

Whenever I finished watching an amazing drama, I would feel empty and yearning for more. However, for Signal, it left me feeling proud; holding my head high, just how Lee Jae-han would want.

To put it simply, Signal set the bar higher than it could ever be. A game changer, that's what Signal is.
Charming92
Mar 13, 2016
The fact that I consider myself a crime series hater, and not only I watched this but I gave it a 10, certainly says tons about how good this is before I write anything else. Signal is a flawless piece of work, it is magical, it is exquisite, wonderful, brilliant, and majestic, it is arguably a masterpiece. It is foolproof written, flawlessly executed, heavenly acted, and not I am not even exaggerating… read more STORY
The show revolves around a cold case police team. One of the members finds an old school walkie talkie and somehow, through it, he contacts the detective that was originally involved with them, but failed to solve. However (plot twist), this detective lives in the past, in a different timeline thus the show’s main premise is the what-is-know-as-the Butterfly Effect (= when you change the past, the future changes as a result). I know it sounds messy, and fake, and possibly stupid for people not fan of this genre, but trust me when I say, it is flawlessly executed! Together the two of them start solving several cold cases.

Every 2-3 episodes we get a new case to solve, but, this isn’t your average police procedural show. All the cases were somehow connected to the 3 main characters, and all of them were somehow linked to each other. All the cases are amazing and shocking, and they will keep you at the edge of your seat! There really wasn't a dull moment throughout all the (quite huge) episodes, while the suspence levels were always kept to high rate, making you grind your teeth about what's next and also giving you an ominus feelings about whats to happen.

The main message this show wanted to express, apparently, is the corruption of the task police force, and generally the corruption of people in high places. The drama constantly talks about corrupted cops, and what people would do to climb that society ladder as fast as possible. It generally felt like a huge *Screw You* to every person using unethical means to achieve a goal,and passes the message that they need to be punished. At the same time, it gives wonderful and meaningful life advice, about the significance of being a decent and lawful person and also the notion that you will achieve whatever goal you have set if you try hard enough!

Romance is present here, but it is kept in a minor level, don't come in this expecting to watch romance. Still I thoroughly enjoyed the vague chemistry between the characters.

ACTING
The acting was unbealievably good, possibly the most well-deserved 10/10 i have never given to a kdrama.

Lee Je Hoon. An amazing an emotional performance by this wonderful actor. His acting was tip-top by the first moment of the first episode and stays up there throughout the show! He expressed a diverse range of feelings perfectly, he was strong, he was emotional, he was interesting, he was smart, he was everything you need your main lead to be without being unrealistic or fake.

Jo Jin Woong. Words aren't enough, luscious and exquisite performance. A very strong character, kinda rough on the edges, but with a wonderful, lawful soul, a true, true hero, you will love! The actor did total justice to the character expressing every single emotion of frustration, anger, hope and everything that came along with them!

Kim Hye Soo. As someone who loves female actresses, i love shows that have a lot of them. KHS, in a show about the police which obviously was filled with males, managed to have the strongest character i have ever seen, i never felt the need to watch another actress perform. She was more than exquisite, she enhanced the drama with her acting, she was sensuous, she was sweet when she needed to, she was tough when she had to, she was emotional, and great doing everything! She exceeded my expectations. I loved the way she portrayed her younger and older self, very realistic!

At this point, i do feel the need to applaud every supporting and guest actor that appeared on this, because everyone was amazing and kept up the excitement of the show, and lived up to the main cast's brilliant acting. Congratulations!

RECOMMEND/REWATCH
Signal is one of those shows that HAS to be watched by everyone. It is a show that has no real flaws, it is a show that can be enjoyed by everyone no matter their preferences. In my list of the must watch kdramas this is #1. Even if you don't like this genre, or the fantasy concept sets you off, don't turn a blind eye to this drama, no, this is a VERY well spent 16 hours. Signal is one of the most memorable tv shows i have ever watched! Definately recommended to everyone!
Even if i am not a fan of rewatching tv series, signal definately earns the rewatch ticket for me. It is my personal belief that a 2nd rewatch would help understanding and digesting what it depicted even better. Definately worth watching!
FranF
Mar 31, 2016
What to say about Signal besides the fact that the drama is perfect?

2016 and TvN started with the right foot, Signal is amazing, well written, acted, the developments even though some of them would break my heart sometimes, made complete sense. The mystery would leave me at the edge of my seat every time, but the feeling of wanting more was always there when they completed a case. I stopped watching read more on episode 6 and started again when the drama was complete, I cried my eyes out, but those were the best 10 hours of my life.
The 3 leads made my heart break so many times with how good they were, their desire for justice and the truth made me respect the characters so much more, those are the kind of people I would want working in law enforcement. If Jo Jin Woong's acting is always like this, he has a new fan, Lee Jae Han is unforgettable.

A special remark on Kang Cha Ni (Park Sun Woo), I already loved the actor for his work in "Can you hear my heart?", but here he proved just how good he is, since the first time he appeared I cheered for him, but OMG, I cried so much for him, for his family, angry tears for those cops, those students, I never thought I would say this, but my heart actually hurt for everything that happened, he's one of those young actors that I have to keep an eye on.

I just didn't put 10 on the rewatch value, because I hardly go back to watch a 16 episodes drama, maybe one hour and a half movie, but not a drama, but that's me. Overall, Signal is perfect and a must watch kind of drama.
YankieDoodle
May 10, 2017
One of the best K-drama's you will ever come across in the non-romantic genre!
And the sad part is that it is totally underrated!
Romantic, flowery K-dramas are what we mostly look for and would like to watch. But this is a MUST watch even if you think crime solving K-dramas are not something you will enjoy. The story is out of the world! there are soooo many twist and turns in read more the drama yet you will never find yourself confused or bored. Kudos to the writer for such a brilliant script that is totally one of a kind. Acting on point! Editing perfect!
And the high point of this drama was the ending...it is an open ending...but for the first time i loved that they kept the ending open cause once you watch the drama you will understand that it was a very smart thing to do by the writers....that way they kept the feel of the drama and also the viewers can eagerly wait for a sequel...and MAN there should be a sequel!!!
Special mention to the OST~~~~Its worth playing in loop!
MariKim
Feb 13, 2017
Summary: This is a must watch, every episode was like it was straight from a cinema. This show is hyped and rightfully so, I have yet to see another crime/investigation drama like this one. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and surprisingly the writers, producers, and actors kept that suspense throughout the whole show.

+/- Plot:
The plot went from thick and thin, and I mean that read more in a good way. They didn't leave you too confused from the get go, but they would subtly unfold different factors so that you could come up with your own theories not only on the investigations but the actual backstory too. I loved how each of the crimes were told in a different way, some cases from the start you knew who the culprit was, but others left you guessing. But it wasn't the investigations that left me satisfied with this drama's storyline and production, but the actual backstory that linked all the characters together. As we slowly started uncovering the corruption I couldn't even handle! I was actually bawling my eyes out from anger at one point and I couldn't even stop it.
I loved how they producers perfectly weaved the present with the past, at no point was ever confused.

+/- Acting/Cast:
All of the actors really did an amazing job at telling their characters' stories. I was deeply moved by all of them. I have to say though that Jo Jin Woong really stole the show. What made me love his character all the more was how dedicated he was as a detective, friend, etc. He was so upright and true to morals, no matter who was persuading him to do the wrong thing, and that's what I admired so much about him. He really was extraordinarily charming.
Lee Je Hoon portrayed his character fairly well too, I really felt the anguish with him during the times we found out the wrongs committed against him and his family. I will say that in the first episode or two I was a little annoyed with him, not sure if it was his uppity character or a little exaggeration on his part, but it took me a couple episodes to warm up to him. But once the fondness developed, I began to really enjoy his acting and portrayal of his character.
Kim Hye Soo's character was a little off putting to me for some reason. I think it was how much they contrasted her throughout the show, I was just a little unsure of her throughout the whole thing. In the present she's a complete badass, but then that's contrasted with her character of the past with the 'flashbacks'. And we see her in a completely different light, timid, innocent, and kind of dumb. I mean, I really liked her present portrayal which is probably why I was a little disappointed in how much her character differed. I guess it's just that I wanted her to be the strong woman character that's so rarely seen in dramas, but in the end I guess everyone has a weakness.

+/- Music:
I loved how they chose to remake some old 80's songs for their soundtrack, I thought it was a really nice addition and touch to the whole show. It exposed me to a lot of songs that I would have never otherwise known about. They also put in the suspense tracks at the right points, got my blood pressure up and left my palms sweating even!

Rewatch Value: I would definitely rewatch this drama, the storyline hands down is amazing and the cast worked really well together. I think it would still have the same suspense factor that it had the first time I watched it.
dearD4NI
Mar 13, 2016
To be honest, I had no intention of watching this drama. I just had no interest in it when it first started. I started it because of the amazing reaction it got after the premiere.

And it was one of the best decisions I’ve made.

It starts tugging at your heart within the first five minutes of episode one. I was hooked. It had a really nice, strong start, and it just read more kept getting stronger.

The whole drama was like a movie.

The feelings it gave. I was on the edge of my seat in literally every episode, and every episode messes with your emotions. Seriously, this drama likes to give you pain.

It’s kind of episodic. Police dramas usually are because of all the different cases being investigated. I don’t have a problem with it because I find cases interesting, but I know some people have a problem when dramas are episodic. Please don’t let it turn you off, it’s necessary to the story. The different cases are all so important to building the main plot.

Honestly, the whole drama is just genius. The story itself, how everything connected, and how well plotted the cases were (really the entire drama was well plotted out) just blew me away. Oh my God there was so much attention to detail. And the characters were all so smart, it was a relief to not be screaming at the characters for missing the blatantly obvious. The writing was fantastic There were times I actually got chills. For those who know what I’m talking about: the ending of episode 9. Chills.

What made it even better was that it wasn’t all serious and shocking and heartbreaking, but there was a lot of comedy too.

The acting was amazing. I know some people had a problem with Lee Je Hoon, but I thought he was fine. The cast portrayed their expressions and emotions really well. I was really impressed with Kim Hye Soo for being able to switch from the timid Cha Soo Hyun in the past to the strong Cha Soo Hyun in the present.

I also need to take a moment to applaud the stylists for doing a good job of making Lee Je Hoon look like a high schooler.

Overall, I am just so impressed with the drama. The cinematography, the writing, the acting, everything was just incredible. I was really attached to the characters and the story. The feeling I got when the story started to come full circle, I can’t even describe it. I am in awe.

And God I hate open endings but this one was just so well put-together and beautiful, I can’t dislike it.

They’re totally leading up to a season two. There has to be a season two.
Janey
Mar 13, 2016
I actually watched this drama because of Jo Jin Woong. Not expecting too much about the drama. I didnt know that this drama will be so awesome! This drama deserves an awards!

Story: Unique plot, the storyline is amazing. The writer and the director did a great job. Its hard to watch it every week waiting for new episodes. You cant predict what will happen next. They always surpassed my expectations every read more week. Mixed emotions. 10 out of 10 for the story.

Actors: How I loved the cast soooooooo much! They are awesome portraying the characters! Jo Jin Woong can make you fall in love with him!A very charismatic actor. He's amazing! Kim Hye Soo, its my first time watching her and oh gosh she's amazing! She did well on portraying her character from the past and present. Lee Jae Hoon, it is also my first time watching him on a drama. He did great also. I am actually fine on his acting. The other cast are also great! The villains are awesome, the Cold Case Squad Team and also Haeyoung's younger version. 10 out of 10 for the acting.

Music: The OST's are awesome. They are all suit to the drama. Its tempting to buy OST Album kkkk~

Rewatch: Of course I'll be watching it again! Signal makes my drama standards even more higher! Hahahaha

P.S. For those who are worried about the ending, you'll never dissapoint about it. Believe me :)
nastou19
Mar 14, 2016
Hello,
I'll do my best to be as unbiased as possible in this review. I'll explain what might put you off as well as why you should still keep watching. This is now, after all, my all-time favourite drama, at least for the crime genre.

STORY :
If you have watched the US movie Frequency, you'll find a lot of similarities as they use the same trick to communicate through time. As read more for the rest of the story, it's something else altogether. There is roughly one case every two episodes but it's not an episodic drama. All cases share a deep link together, even more so the later ones. There are two/three points which have raised a bit of criticism but keep in mind that very few people minded about that, so please, don't drop it just yet.
First : some complained that there was too much yelling. It calms down a lot after the team gets to know each other better. Personally, I didn't even pay attention to that. It seemed very naturally done to me.
Second : the fact that some cases are real ones (at least one, the Hwaseong murders case) might anger you for different reasons. You might think of the victims family still alive, watching this drama, and feel bad for them. Or think of the police which might have done a great job back then and still didn't find the culprit despite its efforts. But take this drama for what it is : a fiction. Just like any movie about Jack the Ripper, it's a FICTION based on real life cases.
Third : The big question, is there any romance in this drama ? There is but it's very, very slight. It's not at the center of the drama at all.
NB : The first episode is kind of slow-paced, unlike others. So don't let this keep you from watching.

ACTING / CAST :
Overall, they were all very good actors. Even the tiniest role was well-played. Still, Kim Hye Soo (aka Cha Soo Hyun) really was the best to me. She's present in both timelines. Although it's the same role, her character has evolved a lot in 15 years. She's a bit introverted in the past but became a strong and independent woman in the present. It's very interesting to see how this character developped so much and Kim Hye Soo portrayed that very well. As she has the most blatant personnality change, it's easier to see how much of great actress she is in Signal.

MUSIC :
Fantastic! At least, if you like that style ^^ I loved it, the ending song particularly. But the OST as a whole was great as well. It emphasizes the story really well.

REWATCH VALUE :
I highly recommend at least one rewatch, even more so if you marathon it. Why ? Because as they change the past each time, a few important details change as well. Still, you won't feel lost even if you watch it only once so rest assured. There are enough flashback to understand everything quite well.

It's such a waste to marathon this drama. Try watching 1 or 2 episodes at a time. Savour it. Ask yourself why and how things happened that way. You'll definitely enjoy it more.
Signal

tvN
  • Duration:

1 hr. 15 min.

• Score:

9.3 (scored by 6,827 users)
  • Ranked: