Now I wonder if there's a connection between rewatching/rereading and the way we live our lives?
Ok, someone gag me before I go all philosophic... :P
You know, SayItAibnJoe and you Armita, have a point: Rewatching makes a drama/ book threadbare and strips it of its magic because we know what happens. And then I start paying attention to all the backstage things, gags, reels- now THAT really kills the maic of the drama; that;s why I make it my buisness not to be interested in actors' private lives or in what went behind the scenes, as this kill the magic even more.

But...if you lewave a drama/book for , say, two years you will probably no longer remeber irt. I do it like thos,. I have a period when I'm on, say, drama attack and then all cliches and expectations come back to me so when I see something fresher, it hits me. Once that fresh drama is watched, it becomes pulled into that pull of expectations. So watching dramas stops being exicting. The rush is down, I drop it, go get busy and in free time occupy myself with something others. Then, like a cycle, I want to see or rewatch a drama again, just because of the way it made me feel whle watching it. Only then I discover something fresher. It's a never ending cycle.
I re-read books and sometimes re-watch movies I loved. If the movie or the book is good, you discover new things about it and it's never boring.
And also people forget, you know :) Yesterday I happened to discover an episode of the Sarah Connor Chronicles I had saved in a wrong directory; I've definitely seen it, but I managed to remember only the faces, the plot of the episode was like totally new :) Well, I'm exaggerating a bit, but basically it's true.

I haven't re-watched a drama yet, but lookes like now I'm rewatching Kimi wa Petto. (Partly inspired by the Korean movie that is expected the coming month.) I find it better this time.
And I do plan to re-watch Beethoven Virus.
I hvnt re-watched any dramas so far its only been about 8 months since i started watching them anyway so i hv a huge PTW list to work my way thru.

I hv re-watched movies & re-read books before always with ones that are my favourites & timeless. When i disocver something I like for the first time i can get a little obssessive & will re-watch endless times lol I have noticed that as i am getting older this is happening less frequently :)
haha ive already rewatched my favorite dramas twice in the same year and YB i've rewatched 3 times already. With movies aisan or american i can rewatch them countless times.
I am a re-watcher re-reader. I've re-read my favorite pages (or paragraphs) in books. All of my books have a ton of bookmarks on them, especially my copy of Edgar Alla Poe's complete works. <3

I also mostly re-watch my favorite episodes or scenes of my favorite shows/dramas, but I've only wholly re-watched two dramas, Coffee Prince and You're Beautiful. (Hi5 PinkD..lol) But I tend to re-watch movies a lot more. I know there are some I've re-watched over 20 times...
LisNoir wrote: I am a re-watcher re-reader. I've re-read my favorite pages (or paragraphs) in books. All of my books have a ton of bookmarks on them, especially my copy of Edgar Alla Poe's complete works. <3

I also mostly re-watch my favorite episodes or scenes of my favorite shows/dramas, but I've only wholly re-watched two dramas, Coffee Prince and You're Beautiful. (Hi5 PinkD..lol) But I tend to re-watch movies a lot more. I know there are some I've re-watched over 20 times...

I'm related to Edgar Allen Poe on my great grandmother's side he's like our 4th cousin
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I'm related to Edgar Allen Poe on my great grandmother's side he's like our 4th cousin

I love your late cousin's works...<3
I re-read a lot, I have well over 100 books and have read each at least 5 times... Wuthering Heights I have read maybe 30 times, but that is over an almost 20 year period of time.. When it comes to drama's very few do I re-watch, I don't generally want to ruin my first impression of a drama.. Some I have re-watched either from boredom, or I couldn't get enough, or as fillers. I have watched YAB about 5 times.. all the Gokusens a few times each, and some others, I am currently debating watching City Hunter again... American TV I don't really watch.. but I used to watch re-runs... Now, when it comes to movies, I am a big time re-watcher..
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I'm related to Edgar Allen Poe on my great grandmother's side he's like our 4th cousin

Wow!
Did you confess it because you heard a beating under the planks of your room-floor? ;);)
Great connection. I love Poe too, by the way. A genius.
i'm a rewatcher but i realise that the only dramas i've rewatched are ones that i gave 10 out 10 after the first cycle completing the drama and they're all comedies (stand up=5 times, hana kimi=4 times and tokyo dogs 2=times) i've watched episodes of my fave variety shows multiple times like the 2nd appearance of gackt on vs arashi, the breast (おっぱい=oppai) filled epi of arashi no shukudai-kun and many of the science related epis of d no arashi. also i rewatch good/real looking kissing scenes in dramas and i must admit matsujun is in most of them :D. i rewatch these kissing scenes cuz good kisses are so rare in j'dramas and they leave me feeling warm and fuzzy esp if i'm rooting for the kissing couple.

lastly i usually rewatch my fave dramas i mentioned above when i feel down and i need a pick me up. i know that these dramas are gonna make me laugh and escape from or forget my troubles for a few hrs and they are so good that no matter how many times i watch them they are still funny and never get old.
boutux wrote: i'm a rewatcher but i realise that the only dramas i've rewatched are ones that i gave 10 out 10 after the first cycle completing the drama and they're all comedies (stand up=5 times, hana kimi=4 times and tokyo dogs 2=times) i've watched episodes of my fave variety shows multiple times like the 2nd appearance of gackt on vs arashi, the breast (おっぱい=oppai) filled epi of arashi no shukudai-kun and many of the science related epis of d no arashi. also i rewatch good/real looking kissing scenes in dramas and i must admit matsujun is in most of them :D. i rewatch these kissing scenes cuz good kisses are so rare in j'dramas and they leave me feeling warm and fuzzy esp if i'm rooting for the kissing couple.

lastly i usually rewatch my fave dramas i mentioned above when i feel down and i need a pick me up. i know that these dramas are gonna make me laugh and escape from or forget my troubles for a few hrs and they are so good that no matter how many times i watch them they are still funny and never get old.

I've got Stand Up!! in my personal "dramateque". Such a wonderfully hilarious serie!!! Like you, I go back to scenes that made me laugh and they never fail to do so, no matter how many times I've seen them. I think I have re-watched the motorbike scene 10 times, LOL. :D
I do rewatch dramas and movies I like but when it comes to books I can't re-read them
Books, it really depends. I will really want to reread some of them in order get new insights into them, get something new from them and feel in a new way about them; dramas I rewatch not for insight but for a certain kind of relaxed feel,. especially when I'm stressed.

Well, howdy EA Poe cousin :) He was a master of ambience :)