Just read the comments on the drama's page, and i'm very surprised (circumspect to be exact) to see that people took it so seriously! this is typically the kind of comment that makes me angry. Fortunately, there are wise MDLers here and there. I'm not a big fan of this kind of plot. Yet the humour of the serie and, I confess, the sexyness of Matsujun make it a very enjoyable watch. With a bunch of comments loaded with innuendo on this page, i guess it will be a very pleasant time in front of the drama as well as after each episode (thanks in advance, guys). I, too, don't understand the controversial aspect fo this drama, i don't find it different from lots of (overrated?) dramas here. (i would more likely understand any controverse around Ashita, Mama ga ina, but that's another story). I'm looking forward to the next episodes, as for the first time, I don't really know how I want it to end.
Anyway, don't you think that the actors got to eat lots of chocolate while they were filming this?! :D (I should go to sleep and stop thinking about useless things...)
I know Matsujun learned how to make chocolate for his role. There's a couple of news segments with him making chocolate. I can imagine that they get to eat lots of it...but not sure if there's any spit takes lol.
Spoiler only if you have not seen ep 3 in white

*OMG Saeko just admitted that she wore that short skirt on purpose and that she DID want Sato to make a move like in his afore mentioned "rape" fantasy. Boo yah! I told you people! And... now I will continue stabbing myself in the head because, HOLY CRAP SATO YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!*
MayanPanda wrote: I'm loving this series. So far it's staying very true to the manga and MatsuJun is perfect for this role. He is soulful and sweet, but also dirty and sexy which is just what Sota is. One of the things I like about the manga is that it's realistic in portraying complex relationships and doesn't pretend that the guy never has fantasies or wouldn't be willing to commit adultery. Right or wrong, that's life.

As in the manga, the drama still manages to keep a sense of romanticism through it all. Scenes are filled with sensuality from the chocolate to the soft lighting and the beautiful sets and chandeliers. How decadent! Although it might be easy to get frustrated with Sota, at least he's not a spineless weakling pining away for the girl he loves; he is an ambitious and goal oriented man, pining away for the girl he's infatuated with. Does it matter that he may do things for the "wrong" reasons? Not at all. He is developing as a person and it's delightful to watch. And while there are heartbreaking aspects to the drama, it also balances that tension with being playful.

Exactly! He's on a journey. I don't think people get that. Most likely he's going to learn some good lessons about relationships and come out a better person at the end of this. I wonder why people have no foresight on this?
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Spoiler only if you have not seen ep 3 in white

*OMG Saeko just admitted that she wore that short skirt on purpose and that she DID want Sato to make a move like in his afore mentioned "rape" fantasy. Boo yah! I told you people! And... now I will continue stabbing myself in the head because, HOLY CRAP SATO YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!*

White text:
You're saying he should have raped her though? >.>
Panda-san wrote: White text:
You're saying he should have raped her though? >.>

White Text:

*No, of course not. You, or someone, said it was a rape fantasy, but it never was. That's why i put rape in quotation marks. It was never a rape fantasy. It was always a fantasy about him stepping up and being more bold like he thought she wanted, and she actually did admit that she wanted.*
@Joe I see. Well, that scene was problematic in my opinion so it can be left to interpretation. We can leave it that. XD
My reactions IRL whenever i'm watching this, esp the intimate scenes...

BRB watching ep 3!
lily_b wrote: Anyway, don't you think that the actors got to eat lots of chocolate while they were filming this?! :D

i agree! first time i got envious of a role. they're always eating chocolates! and they're not gaining weight! i hate them! hahaha
prettytin wrote: i agree! first time i got envious of a role. they're always eating chocolates! and they're not gaining weight! i hate them! hahaha

*lol* Yes, Saeko sure doesn't look like chocolate is her greatest passion. ;) Oh well, it's a drama. Maybe she exercises a lot in all the scenes we don't get to see. ;)

(Actually, I don't think people who make sweets necessarily eat a lot of their creations, but for actors to be surrounded by so much chocolate... I would be tempted!)
I'm waiting to be convinced by this drama, I've not read the manga so I don't know where it's heading. Maybe I would enjoy it more if I read the manga. I don't know that I find any of the characters particularly likable. I watch lots of dark dramas / unconvential relationship etc. but this one seems to have something missing. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if I start liking it.
Matsu_Chan wrote: My reactions IRL whenever i'm watching this, esp the intimate scenes...

BRB watching ep 3!

haha me too!
I've watched the 3 episodes that came out already and yes, it doesn't seem like it's a typical J-drama. It's good so far, nothing too special, but it's not bad, at all. But I do have a problem with the rape fantasy in the 1st episode (I think?) >.< It was unnecessary. Am I the only one who is not very fond of the leading female character? Maybe it's just the actress.. or maybe it's the character itself. I prefer Erena over her, a million times. Oh and I must say that Sota's sister and that guy-whose-name-I-don't-remember who likes her (and works for Sota) are going to be a very nice couple. Because everyone knows it's going to happen. I hope it does.