SumiTheCat wrote: @femmedesneiges : i don't really understand your complaint cause i didn't meant that kind of interpretation, but i'm sorry if my words have offended you or any other MDLer. English is not my first laguage and I'm often using words that are not really appropriate.

I find it offensive when women having children is referred to as "breeding" because it denies their autonomy in choosing to have children. At worst it's a comparison to an animal. I am sorry for being touchy about the subject.
I don't think Saeko's husband is mean; he doesn't treat her unkindly. He may not want her to have a job, but he wouldn't prohibit her from doing charity activities or having hobbies. She must have known he was a traditional person before she married him, so her being disappointed now just speaks to her immaturity. In his mind, he's upholding his end of the partnership and provides her with everything she could want, so he expects her to give him support by providing a stable and nurturing home life. Not that I agree with his point of view, but I can understand and sympathize with him. Though Saeko isn't supposed to be a likeable character, she is a relatable one, and hopefully she will mature and develop as the series goes on. @yankumicho: I'm cheering them all on too! @lilith: I think Rikudou and Shouta make a good couple as well. Rikudou is so adorable, I want him to find a snuggle-partner. @lily_b and SumiTheCat: I really appreciate your thoughts about episode four, I was thinking much the same. @SumiTheCat: I understood what you were saying and was not at all offended by your word choice because I knew your intentions. I so admire you for being so fluent in English and can't imagine trying to learn it as a second language. My favorite part of episode four was the conversation between Rikudou and Shouta. Japanese dramas always seem to give me the message I most need to hear at the moment, and it was a reminder to be true to one's vision and not be concerned with how many people aren't compatible with it. I'm liking this drama more and more as it goes on. The characters are so messy and human. I can see myself in each of them, though I may wish it were not the case in some instances. :p
MayanPanda wrote: I don't think Saeko's husband is mean; he doesn't treat her unkindly. He may not want her to have a job, but he wouldn't prohibit her from doing charity activities or having hobbies. She must have known he was a traditional person before she married him, so her being disappointed now just speaks to her immaturity. In his mind, he's upholding his end of the partnership and provides her with everything she could want, so he expects her to give him support by providing a stable and nurturing home life. Not that I agree with his point of view, but I can understand and sympathize with him.

Of course, that's what he must be thinking. (But I still get the feeling that he could turn into someone too controlling...) I agree that she must have known before they married! Your comment makes me wonder about Saeko... Well, what kind of (charity) work would she like to do? What are her hobbies? (More than eating chocolate...) Sota likes her because she's cute and because he's kind of obsessed with her, but what does she dream about and what does she really want with her life?

MayanPanda wrote: I'm liking this drama more and more as it goes on. The characters are so messy and human. I can see myself in each of them, though I may wish it were not the case in some instances. :p

Exactly!! That's it. I couldn't put it into words but now I see that this is one reason why I like this.
For those of you who didn't think Saeko's husband was mean....wait till you see episode 5!!!!

The three ladies (Mizusawa Asami, Ishihara Satomi, Mizuhara Kiko) on SMAPXSMAP. This was interesting, they were discussing how they did the kiss scenes and apparently they tried to do it more "Hollywood style" instead of the regular stiff way you see in most J-dramas lol. Also Kusanagi mentioned Dokushin Kizoku and he said that he was happy when he did the kiss scene with Kitagawa Keiko. They also made chocolate for the ladies and KimuTaku said he wants MatsuJun to make that kind of chocolate for Ishihara Satomi lol.

BTW No sub unfortunately.
Ep 5 thought in white

*haha i love this director. Example - Kaoroku gets mad about Souta fantasizing and where every other director would go to the next scene this director decideds to put in this awkward moment where Kaoroku goes into the other room and slams droors lol. And then you think it's over and it happens again! Then random black screen and the next scene. lol

I love souta and Erena. I hope this ends up like American Pie and they end up together.

And Two thumbs up for real kisses in dramas. Is it hot in here, or what?

And for what happened with Kaoroku-san. Ouch! That was painful.

And I really do feel like we are seeing Saeko-san as a princess locked away by the evil dragon husband.

This is so good!

Oh and Oliver and Matsuri would make such a cute couple.
Panda-san wrote:
The three ladies (Mizusawa Asami, Ishihara Satomi, Mizuhara Kiko) on SMAPXSMAP. This was interesting, they were discussing how they did the kiss scenes and apparently they tried to do it more "Hollywood style" instead of the regular stiff way you see in most J-dramas lol. Also Kusanagi mentioned Dokushin Kizoku and he said that he was happy when he did the kiss scene with Kitagawa Keiko. They also made chocolate for the ladies and KimuTaku said he wants MatsuJun to make that kind of chocolate for Ishihara Satomi lol.

BTW No sub unfortunately.

haha that's great! Yes, good job Japan. Learn from hollywood on the kiss scenes. I thought I was going to have to come and teach you myself lol.
Thank goodness for kisses worth watching! I think that Saeko and her husband just have different values and are not bothering to understand each other. I hope the writers aren't going to just vilify the husband to justify Saeko's behavior, because she needs to grow up and take responsibility for herself. Not that I like the husband, but from his point of view, he's giving his wife a good life, and all she does is whine and complain. I can see why he's getting frustrated with her, because she's like a child. She didn't have a career, dream or passion before she got married. She was going from guy to guy, honing her manipulation skills, so her dream of having a job now doesn't really have impact. Her husband isn't denying her hobbies. She shops, eats chocolate, goes out with her friend and has all the boots she could want. When you think about it, she's never been emotionally faithful to him, and that can be considered mean as well. It's just easier to point at him because of the harsh way he speaks to her. They need to go into counseling, but perhaps Saeko needs these hard times, and maybe Souta turning his back on her one day, so she can mature and work with her husband to create a happy marriage. At least I hope so. Rooting for Souta and Erena right now! Missing Rikudou!!
Like the in depth portrayal of characters. None of them are perfect but each likable in their own way. Even Saeko. Also rooting for Souta and Erena.
I'm rooting for Souta and Erena as well, but I still like Kaoroko a lot. I do feel a bit bad for her. I didn't like that she bad-mouthed Erena, but let's face it, when hasn't a girl said crappy things about their crush's "other person." What Souta said to her wasn't wrong, but I guess I understand a little of where Kaoroko's coming from. I mean, we know that Erena's really nice, but she doesn't know that as much as we do. Also, she heard the conversation between Souta and Erena and probably inferred that Erena was just like Saeko. It happens. Nevertheless, I'm liking Erena a bit more. She has beautiful depth and she's funny. I think that it's evident that she likes Souta as well and that there is serious attraction between those two. They have amazing chemistry!
I wasn't sure who I was rooting for in the beginning, but after episode 5, I'm definitely rooting for Souta x Erena. <3
I'm kind of frustrated & liking it at the same time. It's one of those dramas where you like it, but you want to pull out the hair of some of the characters. My favorite character is Oliver. He is so sweet & he's having so love troubles himself. I'm liking his love story better than Souta's even though I like Matsumoto Jun, his character can be frusting & sexy at the same time. What do you guys think?
I don't know what to say except that I still like this! :) I also say yes to Shota/Erena!

About Saeko's husband... *I knew it. *rolls eyes* It's like he just doesn't care about her as a person at all. He seems so cold... The last preview made it look like it was even worse, but still! Not nice. I don't see why he has to be like that. I would like it better if he was a likeable person, even if that would mean that we'd have to feel sorry for him because Saeko isn't emotionally faithful to him, like MayanPanda said. I get the feeling that if she leaves him in the end, it's not like he's going to lose a belowed wife but an expensive possession.*
FullDex wrote: I wasn't sure who I was rooting for in the beginning, but after episode 5, I'm definitely rooting for Souta x Erena. <3

same here! i haven't read the manga.. but for this drama, can souta be with erena in the ending?
I like Saeko but I don't want to see Sota end up with such a woman (she's fickle and married already) I was rooting for Kaoruko x Sota when I watched the first episode. But now, I'm clueless as to whom he will end up with.