http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/8458/shitsuren-chocolatier

Synopsis:
After graduating from high school, Sota Koyurugi studies bakery at an institute. In high school, he fell in love with beautiful Saeko. Because of Sota's effort, he is able to have a romantic relationship with Saeko right before Christmas. Saeko though tells Sota that she will be unable to meet him on Valentine's Day, but can meet him on the day before Valentine's Day. On that day, Sota gives Saeko chocolate that he made, but she doesn't accept his gift. Saeko tells him that she didn't think they were dating. Sota is heartbroken, but he doesn't give up hope. To make Saeko love him, he travels to France with little money and studies chocolate there. This is because Saeko loves chocolate. 5 years later, Sota becomes a first-class Chocolatier. Now back in Japan, Sota opens his very own store. ~~ Based on the manga series "Shitsuren Chocolatieri" by Setona Mizushiro.

Starring:
Matsumoto Jun
Ishihara Satomi
Mizubata Junpei
Mizukawa Asami
Sato Ryuta
Mizuhara Kiko
Arimura Kasumi

I see the drama page picking up some heat so it needs a thread!

I have seen two episodes so far and really like it. I don't think it's like a typical J-romance drama. The set up from the beginning was unique with the main female love interest getting married in the first episode (though we never see her husband?). I like the music and am anticipating the soundtrack release. Also, one major complaint in Japanese dramas is the lack of proper kiss scenes....well in two episodes already there's plenty! And an "ecchi" scene if you know what I mean lol!

So go forth and discuss! Keep it calm since the drama page itself is getting pretty combative.
didn't we see her husband in the first episode? i haven't watched ep 2, tho... for the story itself, maybe i expected too much because i like ishihara satomi.. but i don't really like that souta loves her like so much that i can say he is stupid...
I'm to know you still like it, Panda-san, it gives me hope that I will, too. Thanks for making a discussion thread. About the drama page discussion, I hadn't noticed it, but I took a look at it because you mentioned it. *lol* Personally, I'm a big fan of chocolate. :) And I'm not a stranger to unrequited love beyond all rhyme and reason... Maybe he's "stupid", but sometimes it just can't be helped. The only thing I did not like *was his fantasy about kissing her!! I mean, seriously, what was that?! It was his fantasy, so couldn't he have made something nice out of it? I do like good kissing scenes, but not if the girl says NO, even if it's a fantasy.* But let's hope there'll be no more of that.
watched ep 2 and yes, it's getting interesting!
somehow I think that *saiko san didn't get married*
Jamira_dramaGAL wrote: Did episode 2 subs come out? Only the first episode has come out in Good Drama.
And Panda-san thank you for starting this discussion thread :D

maybe not yet...
i watched it without subs..
lily_b wrote: I'm to know you still like it, Panda-san, it gives me hope that I will, too. Thanks for making a discussion thread. About the drama page discussion, I hadn't noticed it, but I took a look at it because you mentioned it. *lol* Personally, I'm a big fan of chocolate. :) And I'm not a stranger to unrequited love beyond all rhyme and reason... Maybe he's "stupid", but sometimes it just can't be helped. The only thing I did not like *was his fantasy about kissing her!! I mean, seriously, what was that?! It was his fantasy, so couldn't he have made something nice out of it? I do like good kissing scenes, but not if the girl says NO, even if it's a fantasy.* But let's hope there'll be no more of that.

Oh yes I agree. It was basically a rape fantasy..but J-dramas aren't really good with that sort of thing...at all. The manga had the same thing. They expect us to think it's "romantic" that a man is taking control but NOPE. And the whole she's wearing a short dress so she's asking for it? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Anyway that little doozy aside I can say that it's pretty good so far. I hope there will be nothing more of that in future episodes...

Also to everyone else I don't think ep 2 is subbed yet but it seems like the person who subbed ep 1 is pretty quick so they should be out this week I assume.
soracantabile wrote: watched ep 2 and yes, it's getting interesting!
somehow I think that *saiko san didn't get married*

You know that's actually an interesting idea...her husband is barely seen and why does she have so much time to stop by the chocolate shop and to be texting another dude? Shouldn't she be with her husband since she's a newlywed? lol
Just watched episode 1 and enjoyed it, but I had to flip to another page during that scene mentioned above. I hope there's no more of that in this.
Panda-san wrote: You know that's actually an interesting idea...her husband is barely seen and why does she have so much time to stop by the chocolate shop and to be texting another dude? Shouldn't she be with her husband since she's a newlywed? lol

well, actually I've thought about that possibility since ep 1...
*all scenes about wedding ceremony are only souta kun's fantasy... the only 'real' thing is the picture of saito san and her 'husband' that she put in her house... it can't be count as a prove of marriage, i think...*
I'm LOVING this so far! It's much different than I was expecting, but I'm glad. I like the more mature risque Jdramas. I'm loving the amazing high quality production and cinematography. It's a real treat for the eyes. So are the lovely ladies who act in it. I love all the characters. Yes they have problems, but that's what makes it interesting. The comedy is great too. I also love the pace of the show. Never a boring moment. And I'm pretty sure that whoever worked on Kagi no Kakatta Heya and Biblia Koshodou is working on this because all 3 of them have similar awesome OST's and they all do randoms cuts to switch scenes at certain times. I'm a big fan of whoever is behind that.
Panda-san wrote: Oh yes I agree. It was basically a rape fantasy..but J-dramas aren't really good with that sort of thing...at all. The manga had the same thing. They expect us to think it's "romantic" that a man is taking control but NOPE. And the whole she's wearing a short dress so she's asking for it? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Anyway that little doozy aside I can say that it's pretty good so far. I hope there will be nothing more of that in future episodes...

They don't expect you to think it's romantic. The girl is the type of girl that has been with a bunch of guys and isn't interested in the nice guy that the main character is, so his fantasy is him imagining himself stepping up and being the bad boy that he assumes she wants since those were the type of guys she dated in the past.
matsujun on episode 2, OMG!!!! SO HOT!!!!!
Spoiler in white

*Hahaha i loved that fantasy where Kaoroku slapped Saeko. That was great!*

Just leaving these here...