this is the sexiest i have seen Matsujun ever. i know the way he see love is airhead-like but i enjoy a lot this drama.
prettytin wrote: same here! i haven't read the manga.. but for this drama, can souta be with erena in the ending?

I haven't read the manga either, but I really do hope they end up together at the end of the drama at least. Sadly I don't think that will happen though.
I only watched the first episode, and the second halfway through, don't think I will continue watching for the time being, this stupid Saeko ticks me off, and the fact that Souta is so addicted to her I just can't understand, I'm close to getting aggressive ^^
I was anticipating this drama, but at the beginning, my main worry was that the drama would focus a lot on the aesthetics of the drama and prioritize visualization and "prettiness" over substance. Thankfully, that didn't happen. What threw me off was that I am rooting for no couple to be together, I don't like any of the pairings nor do I have a favourite character, even one that I kind of favor. While this is new and a refreshing take on a drama, especially one with a Johnny's member (not to mention it's a MatsuJun drama with romance as the topic), I feel like it is lacking something. Hopefully, by the end of the drama, things will wrap up in a tasteful way.
Well, in a way, I'm not too surprised... *Because Erena took the step to confess to her loved one, of course Sota would follow. We all knew that Saeko isn't happy with her husband so it wasn't unthinkable that she wouldn't reject him. But I'm not sure about how I feel about it. Or actually, I don't want the two of them to get together in the end... But there are several more episodes to come, so who knows what's going to happen! (That last scene wasn't very emotional for me... I just didn't "feel" it. I like the "finally! a kiss!" moment in dramas, but this was more like "oh? really?")*

Anyway, I did like the scene where Sota was looking at Erena and *realized that he had to stop being obsessed with Saeko. I could relate to that. * I also liked how Erena's crush *was so nice and kind when he rejected her. *

I'm not terribly interested in Olivier and Matsuri at the moment, and Rikudou's misunderstanding... hm, it stopped being funny already and feels kind of pointless.

Well, that's my thoughts on episodes 6-7. :)
lily_b wrote: Well, in a way, I'm not too surprised... *(That last scene wasn't very emotional for me... I just didn't "feel" it. I like the "finally! a kiss!" moment in dramas, but this was more like "oh? really?")*

i super agree with this!

i think i'd like it if they'll show more sekiya-kaoruko scenes now.
I think Rikudo needs more characterization. It's like he's this one - off gag character. I would like to see him fleshed out more. edit- wow that was a bad typo lol. Stupid phone.
prettytin wrote:
i think i'd like it if they'll show more sekiya-kaoruko scenes now.

Yes, I think the supporting characters need more attention now.

Panda-san wrote: I think Rikudo needs moIt's characterization. It's like he's this one - off gag character. I would like to see him fleshed out more.

Exactly. And I had expected him to, I don't know... have more significance for the plot, somehow. Like, more serious competition or something for Sota, or more actively courting him, or that Sota wouldn't encourgare Sekiya and Kaoruko, or something...

It's interesting that Sota used to have fantasies about kissing Saeko, but lately he has had fantasies about getting arrested for murder...
lily_b wrote: Yes, I think the supporting characters need more attention now.

Exactly. And I had expected him to, I don't know... have more significance for the plot, somehow. Like, more serious competition or something for Sota, or more actively courting him, or that Sota wouldn't encourgare Sekiya and Kaoruko, or something...

It's interesting that Sota used to have fantasies about kissing Saeko, but lately he has had fantasies about getting arrested for murder...

I totally agree with the two fo you concerning Rikudo. his first appearance made me thought their will be some rivalry to determine who will be the best chocolatier, but the drama turned totally different (and in some kind of ways i'm glad it does). I want more Rikudo now, I like his positive attitude. but in the meantime, i'm disappointed to see that the gay character is always here for the funny moments, and that there is not really a plot around him. it's a romance drama : where is the romance around him? Why isn't there as much drama as around the other couples? well i guess it will stay like this, and he will turn out to be the "aniki" who helps others thanks to his wisdom (as he is older than the other characters).

i'm also happy to see that the couple Sekiya-Kaoruko is not totally finished. hope things will go better for them.

concerning Sota's fantaisies : * if his fantaisies finally come true, will this drama turn tragic and Sota end arrested? lol that would be totally unexpected, but I wouldn't want to watch this!*
Yeah I noticed that many gay or "okama" (Japanese word for flamboyant, feminine males) characters tend to not have any characterization at all. They are just their to be a punchline. In the dramas I have seen, if a male character is gay, they have that usually stereotypical struggle of being gay and hiding it, while having a crush on a straight male, or they are just typical flamboyant characters who aren't really given a comprehensive story line. There's boy's love movies but those are usually terribly acted and low budget. I guess it will be a while until a gay character is accurately portrayed in a drama. If there has been a gay character that hasn't been stereotyped in a drama I certainly would like to know.
I haven't come across that many gay characters yet, but from what I've seen so far, I guess you're right about that. I have seen one that I don't think was very stereotyped, but on the other hand, it was just a minor character in a movie (A Story of Yonosuke) and not a drama! Well, at least there are some gay men here and there. As far as I know (from the recommendation forum that is), lesbians simply do not exist in dramas. Not that I haven't seen (imagined?) plenty of subtext here and there, but nothing obvious.
I will have to start this drama!!
SPOILER******
Saeko's the villian!