just started to watch the show. I'm a bit confused by this main character (some time he really looks stupid, other time his unconditionnal love is really heartwarming and heart breaking at the same time), but i really enjoy watching a naughty Matsumoto in this show. and those pics (@ Panda-san) are a torture cause I have to delay my watch of episode 2 untill tomorrow. Thanks for that. i'm not expecting too much of this show (plot speaking), just to spend funny times with Matsujun and Mizubata. @Joe, it seems that Ken Arai has made the music too, so no wonder it looks like Kagi or Biblia.
@Panda-san- Mmm...those pics! It makes me want to combine those pics with this gif.
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I also love the pace of the show. Never a boring moment. And I'm pretty sure that whoever worked on Kagi no Kakatta Heya and Biblia Koshodou is working on this because all 3 of them have similar awesome OST's and they all do randoms cuts to switch scenes at certain times. I'm a big fan of whoever is behind that.

I have only watched Biblia, not the other one, but now that you say it, I agree! I had to look this up on DramaWiki, and: yes, this dramas has the same composer as in Kagi no Kakatta Heya (but not Biblia), and same directors for all three, and one of the producers worked with all three, so you were very right!

SayItAintSoJoe wrote: They don't expect you to think it's romantic. The girl is the type of girl that has been with a bunch of guys and isn't interested in the nice guy that the main character is, so his fantasy is him imagining himself stepping up and being the bad boy that he assumes she wants since those were the type of guys she dated in the past.

I think you're right about that, Joe. And the fact that she said no even in his fantasy is him being realistic (even though he sort of hopes for her to love him, deep down he doesn't believe that she ever will, so even in his fantasies she refuses him). But I don't know, I still found it a bit disturbing.

Anyway, I loved everything about episode 2! Especially this:
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Spoiler in white

*Hahaha i loved that fantasy where Kaoroku slapped Saeko. That was great!*

I like Kaoroku. :)

This episode had me giggling a lot, and I like that he reconsidered "God's test", ha ha. I like this drama!! :) About that theory mentioned earlier... it's interesting! I hadn't thought about that. Maybe that's how it is! I'm not sure what the reason would be, though. I guess we'll find out sooner or later... :)
I wasn't so sure about this one on ep1, but ep 2 was so much better! It's starting to exude that Josei manga vibe that I love so much.

FullDex wrote: @Panda-san- Mmm...those pics! It makes me want to combine those pics with this gif.

aaah when you're done combining them, can I have a piece of it too, pwease? ;)
@sumi and lilyb - thanks for the info. My assumptions were correct. Good to know. Oh! And I just looked it up, the same director did Liar Game also! And Innocent Love, and the Lucky 7 special. All of which I loved. And just a overall *high five* to lilyb for her comments.
How much do I love that Souta *isn't some pristine guy in his thoughts. Sure, he's definitely caught up in Saeko right now, but I'm tired of drama guys who are caught up so much that they can't be a little "bad" with someone else for a change.*

Overall, I'm loving the humor and the gorgeous shots that this drama is offering. It's definitely a refreshing re-introduction to me watching a currently airing jdrama.
I wasn't too convinced with the first episode, but I am loving episode 2. I can't wait for more! I totally agree with you yankumicho about the show.
yankumicho wrote: How much do I love that Souta *isn't some pristine guy in his thoughts. Sure, he's definitely caught up in Saeko right now, but I'm tired of drama guys who are caught up so much that they can't be a little "bad" with someone else for a change.*

Overall, I'm loving the humor and the gorgeous shots that this drama is offering. It's definitely a refreshing re-introduction to me watching a currently airing jdrama.

*high five* and lol i honestly couldn't believe people were complaining about it. I mean, have you ever been in the typical guy's mind before? It gets much worse.
Why is this drama so controversial? People are seriously complaining about it featuring chocolate and a possible affair. Seriously? There are so many more actual controversial dramas than that...heck look at Last Friends it covers domestic violence! It features a man hitting a woman! And this one is controversial? Come on. There's plenty of dramas that feature affairs, high school teachers dating students, teen pregnancy, abortion, bullying, abuse, murder, and people are complaining about a drama about a guy who makes chocolate. I haven't seen it yet but apparently the drama "Ashita Mama ga Inai" is getting some serious controversy in Japan. I watch Japanese new programs and apparently people are actually protesting the drama and trying to get it cancelled because it shows child abuse. Now that's controversy. People really need to get their head out of their ass. It's only been two episodes and there's already complaints. Yeesh.
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: *high five* and lol i honestly couldn't believe people were complaining about it. I mean, have you ever been in the typical guy's mind before? It gets much worse.

Are people complaining about Sota/Erena? Does that mean that he should be "faithful" to the married girl who never ever said she wanted to be his girlfriend? *lol*
... well, there will always be people who complain about things, right? There are also people who dislike it because it's "stupid" to be so caught up in an unrequited love, and of course there will always be people who feel that it's wrong to be in love with a married person even if you don't actively try to break up the marriage. If you have that point of view, it's adultery every time he thinks about her...

Edit: I typed this while Panda-san posted. I'm also surprised about seeing this drama called controversial. It's really strange!!

A wild guess: The people who complain about this drama aren't people who wouldn't watch things like Last Friends or anything with high school teacher/student, etc. They only want rom-coms about single guys trying to get single girls of appropriate age, and Saeko getting married in the first episode must have ruined everything.
I'm loving this series. So far it's staying very true to the manga and MatsuJun is perfect for this role. He is soulful and sweet, but also dirty and sexy which is just what Sota is. One of the things I like about the manga is that it's realistic in portraying complex relationships and doesn't pretend that the guy never has fantasies or wouldn't be willing to commit adultery. Right or wrong, that's life. As in the manga, the drama still manages to keep a sense of romanticism through it all. Scenes are filled with sensuality from the chocolate to the soft lighting and the beautiful sets and chandeliers. How decadent! Although it might be easy to get frustrated with Sota, at least he's not a spineless weakling pining away for the girl he loves; he is an ambitious and goal oriented man, pining away for the girl he's infatuated with. Does it matter that he may do things for the "wrong" reasons? Not at all. He is developing as a person and it's delightful to watch. And while there are heartbreaking aspects to the drama, it also balances that tension with being playful.
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: *high five* and lol i honestly couldn't believe people were complaining about it. I mean, have you ever been in the typical guy's mind before? It gets much worse.

I agree. Even women's minds can be much worse, lol. His fantasies make him more human, in my opinion.
really? this drama is controversial?? why?? can't see anything that would make it controversial. and i'm starting to ship erena for sota. at least erena is not married
prettytin wrote: really? this drama is controversial?? why?? can't see anything that would make it controversial.

and i'm starting to ship erena for sota. at least erena is not married

That's what I'm wondering. But quite a few people are saying it's immoral to watch and one person even said that anyone who watches it is sick and twisted. You can look at the drama page itself to see the comments...
Ahh, that person had a life experience that they are still feeling traumatized from and are not able to separate their own life from the world outside of themselves. In this case, there's no reasoning with them; only time will provide them with perspective.