Girls Generation also appeared on Live! with Kelly this morning.

http://mtvk.com/2012/02/01/girls-generation-performs-on-live-with-kelly/

I just watched this on Soompi and I wish I was still in NY! LOL
I'm happy for them :) They're my fave <3 I think they have one of the shots at American cross-over success out of all the popular asian groups.
Kawaikochan wrote: I'm happy for them :) They're my fave <3 I think they have one of the shots at American cross-over success out of all the popular asian groups.

Haha I agree. Out of the girl-groups that plan to debut in America this year, I think that SNSD and 2NE1 are the most likely to have success. Now I'm waiting for all my favorite boy groups to jump in to the American music scene as well. Recently boy bands are beginning to make a comeback here. There is renewed interest in BSB and NKOTB as well as new groups that are gaining popularity. Now is the time to make the leap over here.
ahhh I missed my aunt's call :( I messaged her to record Live with Kelly for me as well but I don't know whether she did :( btw does anybody know why The Boys album isn't available in Canada yet?
AnimeStar wrote: ahhh I missed my aunt's call :( I messaged her to record Live with Kelly for me as well but I don't know whether she did :( btw does anybody know why The Boys album isn't available in Canada yet?

Hmm I'm not sure. Are they planning to release it there? /me goes to look it up.

*edit* It says they are releasing it in Canada, but I can't find a date for the release.
Sleepninja wrote: Hmm I'm not sure. Are they planning to release it there? /me goes to look it up.

Yup, they were supposed to release it there and in some European countries as well.
Sleepninja wrote: Now I'm waiting for all my favorite boy groups to jump in to the American music scene as well. Recently boy bands are beginning to make a comeback here.

And Asia is very "in" right now. Although I think it's starting to fade out as a trend. (I anticipate it coming back) I actually think the guy groups may have a harder time in the US market. I think it has to do with the perception americans have of the masculine ideal. Either way, I'm happy for new talent, I'm over american popstars, lol.
Kawaikochan wrote: And Asia is very "in" right now. Although I think it's starting to fade out as a trend. (I anticipate it coming back) I actually think the guy groups may have a harder time in the US market. I think it has to do with the perception americans have of the masculine ideal. Either way, I'm happy for new talent, I'm over american popstars, lol.

Hmmm Groups like 2PM might do ok then. Since they have a more masculine image. But you're right, they might struggle. But I think the recent renewed interest in bands like BSB and the newer groups might appeal to some. Especially younger audiences since they have that Nickelodeon show that's all about a boy band (they aren't very manly either, despite the characters being "hockey players" lol) That show is pretty popular with the youngsters. /me sounds like an old fart now pfft!
Just ordered 'The Boys' through Site-to-Store. I should be able to go pick it up at my store Tuesday :D
ahhh you're so lucky!!!
Sleepninja wrote: Hmmm Groups like 2PM might do ok then. Since they have a more masculine image. But you're right, they might struggle. But I think the recent renewed interest in bands like BSB and the newer groups might appeal to some. Especially younger audiences since they have that Nickelodeon show that's all about a boy band (they aren't very manly either, despite the characters being "hockey players" lol) That show is pretty popular with the youngsters. /me sounds like an old fart now pfft!

lol yeah I think that out of all the boy bands, 2PM probably has the best shot. But I would love if F.T Island succeeds *-*
Massive turnout for Girls' Generation fanmeet at New York Best Buy causes store shutdown

Girls? Generation have once again proven their popularity, this time by shutting down an entire store because of their U.S. fan meeting.

The fan meeting, which was held at Best Buy in NYC?s Union Square on February 2nd, drew around 1,300 fans, causing the surrounding area to fall into confusion. The crowd was so huge that the NYPD were called in and concerns for safety resulted in the store getting shut down.

According to the group?s agency, SM Entertainment, a Best Buy official was quoted as saying, ?This is the first time we had to shut down the store for safety reasons since Lady Gaga?.

In related news, Girls? Generation made their U.S. network TV debut through performances on ?The Late Show with David Letterman? and ?Live! With Kelly?. The girl group will continue their American promotional blitz with a ?meet and greet? event, held with promoters, broadcasters, and famous DJs.
beca256 wrote: lol yeah I think that out of all the boy bands, 2PM probably has the best shot. But I would love if F.T Island succeeds *-*

Haha Well since they have more of a rock vibe, rather than a boy group feel. I think FT Island has a bit of a shot too. Just gotta market to the right crowd lol
SNSD Performs 'The Boys' on French Television