Girls' Generation (Korean: 소녀시대; Sonyeo Shidae) is a nine-member South Korean pop[1][2] girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2007. They are also referred to as SoShi (소시) or SNSD by their fans, both abbreviated forms of the group's Korean name. The group is currently the top Korean girl band.

Girls' Generation has released three Korean full albums, three Korean mini-albums, one Japanese full album and various singles. Their 2009 hit single "Gee" holds the record for being the longest running No. 1 song on KBS Music Bank, having held the No. 1 chart ranking for nine consecutive weeks. Gee was named song of the decade by the Korean music site, Melon. The group also won various awards in 2009 and 2010, including consecutive Artist of the Year (Daesang) awards at the Seoul Music Awards, Golden Disk Awards, Melon Music Awards, and the Korean Cultural Entertainment Awards.

The group began a foray into the Japanese music scene in late 2010 under Nayutawave Records, a part of Universal Music, with the Japanese remakes of their 2009 Korean hits "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)" and "Gee".

The leader of the group is Kim Taeyeon. The other members are Jessica Jung, Sunny, Tiffany, Kim Hyoyeon, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung, [U]Im Yoona[/URL] and Seohyun.

Discography

Korean Discography

Studio Albums
[LIST]
[*]2007: Girls' Generation
[*]2010: Oh!
[*]2011: The Boys
[/LIST]
Repackaged Albums
[LIST]
[*]2008: Baby Baby
[*]2010: Run Devil Run
[*]Extended Plays
[*]2009: Gee
[*]2009: Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)
[*]2010: Hoot
[/LIST]
Singles (physical)
[LIST]
[*]2007: Into the New World
[/LIST]
Live Albums
[LIST]
[*]2010: The 1st Asia Tour Concert: Into the New World
[/LIST]
Japanese Discography

Studio Albums
[LIST]
[*]2011: Girls' Generation
[/LIST]
Repackage Albums
[LIST]
[*]Singles (physical)
[*]2010: Genie
[*]2010: Gee
[*]2011: Mr. Taxi / Run Devil Run
[/LIST]
English discography

Singles
[LIST]
[/LIST]
Reality shows
[LIST]
[*]2007: Girls' Generation Goes to School
[*]2007: MTV Girls' Generation
[*]2008: Factory Girl
[*]2009: Girls' Generation's Horror Movie Factory
[*]2009: Himnae-ra-him!/Cheer Up!
[*]2009: Girls' Generation's Hello Baby
[*]2010: Right Now It's Girls' Generation
[*]2011: Girls' Generation Star Life Theater
[*]2011: Girls? Generation and Dangerous Boys
[*]2011: Girls' Generation?s Christmas Fairy Tale
[/LIST]
I love SNSD. My favorite member is Yoona. They have such catchy songs. I love Gee, Oh!, Run Devil Run, The Boys,Hoot, and Time Machine.

I like Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. My favorite songs are Hoot, Tell Me Your Wish (Genie), Run Devil Run, and Trick.
Oh I like Yuri and my favourite song... um, depends on my mood actually, but Run Devil Run, Hoot, Oh!, Genie, Mr.Taxi (Japanese) and Bad Girl. I don't really enjoy their new album, though, a couple of songs (Top Secret) were quite alright, but nothing spectacular, I got accustomed to The Boys and it grows on me, but it's simply not their style and the wrong song to choose as a debut for the United States ... but surely it's probably more appealing to an American audience and that's all that counts in the world of commericalism? :( Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee, Gee :P
I think it was the perfect song to use in a US debut, you say it's not really their style, but it's not that different from some of their stuff. Like Run Devil Run and Bad Girl give the same vibe as The Boys to me. It showcases their sexy side, whereas Oh! and Gee showcase their cute, playful side. :D
Sleepninja wrote: I think it was the perfect song to use in a US debut, you say it's not really their style, but it's not that different from some of their stuff. Like Run Devil Run and Bad Girl give the same vibe as The Boys to me. It showcases their sexy side, whereas Oh! and Gee showcase their cute, playful side. :D

Eh, I am not saying that it wasn't the perfect song for the US, :P, but I wished they had chosen something which is
more K-Pop and showed the US how awesome it is, instead of adjusting. (I understand the reasons, though :D)
Ah, how should I put it? :) When I listen to the song, it doesn't quite fit into the category "catchy SNSD songs".

Run Devil Run, Devil Run.
hmm debuting in the US is a pain in the ass. i think they should definitely dominate Japan and other asian countries first.. Wonder Girls kind of failed miserably in the US. I'm affraid that they might end up the same if they try to debut in the US so soon.
Sadisfied wrote: hmm debuting in the US is a pain in the ass.
i think they should definitely dominate Japan and other asian countries first..
Wonder Girls kind of failed miserably in the US.
I'm affraid that they might end up the same if they try to debut in the US so soon.

Even if they fail, they will simply crawl back to the Asian market. Would be interesting, though,
if they succeeded - which market would they focuse on? And how would the Korean fans react,
if they had to share their idols with another "demanding" audience? I dare to say the Korean/Asian
fans would be proud, but nonetheless SNSD would not be as often in Korea as they had been beforehand.

I recently fell in love with Bad Girl - momentarily I prefer their "darker" side. :)
I thought this was really cute...lol

Sadisfied wrote: hmm debuting in the US is a pain in the ass.
i think they should definitely dominate Japan and other asian countries first..
Wonder Girls kind of failed miserably in the US.
I'm affraid that they might end up the same if they try to debut in the US so soon.

They've already dominated Japan and the other Asian countries. That's why they decided to make the leap to America.
Sleepninja wrote: They've already dominated Japan and the other Asian countries. That's why they decided to make the leap to America.

They have. They testing the waters now and I think "The Boys" is a good song to try to breakthrough with too.

And I thought Wonder Girls were debuting this year in the US...O_o

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/wonder-girls-girls-generation-2ne1-to-make-their-us-debut-in-2012
LisNoir wrote: They have dominated.

And I thought Wonder Girls were debuting this year in the US...O_o

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/wonder-girls-girls-generation-2ne1-to-make-their-us-debut-in-2012

LOL Yeah I was thinking that too, but was wondering if maybe I was mistaken. I hope they do well :D 2NE1, Wonder Girls and SNSD fighting! I think SNSD will be successful, they have a lot of American fans already and hopefully they will gain new ones.
Sleepninja wrote: LOL Yeah I was thinking that too, but was wondering if maybe I was mistaken. I hope they do well :D 2NE1, Wonder Girls and SNSD fighting! I think SNSD will be successful, they have a lot of American fans already and hopefully they will gain new ones.

They do have a lot of fans. :D
i never really liked SNSD but for some reason lately i cant stop listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVw_sVdsl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVw_sVdsl0

Such a wonderful and talented singer T_T not to mention extremely pretty. KimTaeYeon fighting!~