I'm looking for some modern Chinese dramas that aren't the most popular because I've most likely watched them all (keep forgetting to update my MDL watched list so ignore that). Just to give a bit of context, I'm okay with super light and fluffy but I'd usually prefer them to be more mature. However, college/school settings are totally fine with me. I love a good drama that makes you cry but not because a supporting character was toxic and interfered with their life. Putting all the ones I've watched below in case that helps! Side note: I'm fine with watching historical dramas but I'm not really sure why I'm really reluctant to watch them. Thank youuu! Also another thing- please recommend actresses as well if you can! Some of my favorites are Janice Wu, Zhao Lusi, Gabrielle Guan, and Zheng Shuang :)

Watched:

• The Romance of Tiger and Rose
  • Love O2O
  • Put Your Head On My Shoulder
  • Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me S1&2
  • Skate Into Love
  • My Mr. Mermaid
  • Sweet Combat
  • My Amazing Boyfriend S1&2
  • Le Coup de Foudre
  • Midsummer is Full of Love
  • Ruyi's Royal Love in The Palace
  • Love Designer
  • My Girl
  • Whirlwind Girl S1
  • The Eternal Love S1&2
  • My Little Princess
  • Dragon Day, You're Dead
  • Intense Love
  • Rush to the Dead Summer
  • Sweet Dreams
  • When We Were Young
  • The Brightest Star in the Sky
  • To Be With You
  • Mr. Honesty
  • You Are My Destiny
  • Stairway to Stardom
  • Please Love Me
  • Youth
  • Dating in the Kitchen
  • Customize Happiness
  • A Love So Beautiful
  • My Girlfriend is an Alien

light fluffy romantic dramas:

Accidently in Love - school fluffy romance drama 

Attention Love - Taiwanese drama but it fits your criteria, its a cute school romance

Chasing Ball - school sports romance drama, very cute and light

I've fallen for you - a historical drama but it is so cute and funny and not that long, the story and characters are written much better than loads of similar dramas in my opinion

Love Better than Immortality - historical romance drama with Zhao Lusi as lead, gets sadder and heavier towards the end, you may cry lol

Legend of Yunxi - historical, light romance but gets sadder towards the end

The Sleepless Princess - light-hearted comedy romance historical drama

Well Intended Love  1 and 2 - this drama is very similar to the dramas you have watched, its full of romance and comedy

more mature romance dramas:

Love is Sweet - very sweet and more mature than most dramas with similar genres

Love Journey/ A Journey to Meet Love - don't know if you enjoy crime mystery but this one has a good amount of romance and lots of sceneries and culture

Go Ahead - cute mature romance family drama, the leads are very fun to watch

Go Go Squid - light and fun drama around esports, lots of romance

Lucky's first love - romantic,  mature drama around a company

My True Friend - mature romantic drama around real estate

Only Side by Side with You - mature romance between two company owners

Mr. Fighting -  mature, slice of life, slow burn romance

Joy of Life - really good, mature, romantic, full of action/comedy, witty humour and smart plots and characters

the dramas i genuinely liked and really recommend are Love is Sweet, Go Ahead, Lucky's First Love, Joy of Life and I've Fallen For You. 

The actresses I recommend are Ma Sichun, Tan Songyun, Bai Lu, Yang Zi. They are also leads in many of the dramas i mentioned above. 

(ps: according to your list, you seem to only watch romance dramas so i only recommended dramas with a romantic focus in them, don't know if you like other genres like action, mystery, crime. I have loads of great recommendations for romance dramas with those genres as a focus too. let me know if you want some.)

Waiting for you in the future

Im addition (arranged in order of less fluff to more serious romance)

• Go princess go - super super super slapsticl romance drama, with time travel/transmigration of a modeen man to the body of queen in the past. I being adapted/ into an upcoming korean drama
  • Lovely Us - very much like Reply1997
  • A little thing called first love - remake of the popular thai movie
  • Find Yourself - noona romance with a nice secondary couple
  • Boss and Me - office romance between a CEO and the company assistant/employee
  • Because of meeting you - remake of the kdrama jangbori is here. Stars Zheng Shuang
  • My sunshine - second chance romance between college sweethearts
  • Across the ocean to see your - office romance between boss FL and subordinate ML
  • Surgeons - medical drama but with romance
  • Divorce Lawyers - leads are divorce lawyers and are always fighting against each other, then they become neighbors.
  • Oldboy - ML is a middle age bachelor who likes his bachelor life, until his teenage kid he never knew existed drops in on him. FL is the teenage kids teacher.
  • Story of Minglan - historical drama about a life of the 6th sister of the sheng family, from her childhood tragedy of losing her concubine mother, to her  surviavl in the sheng household, her first love, and to her marriage. Historical but a must watch
 Eevee:
Attention Love - Taiwanese drama but it fits your criteria, its a cute school romance

Chasing Ball - school sports romance drama, very cute and light

I've fallen for you - a historical drama but it is so cute and funny and not that long, the story and characters are written much better than loads of similar dramas in my opinion

Love Better than Immortality - historical romance drama with Zhao Lusi as lead, gets sadder and heavier towards the end, you may cry lol

Legend of Yunxi - historical, light romance but gets sadder towards the end

The Sleepless Princess - light-hearted comedy romance historical drama

Well Intended Love  1 and 2 - this drama is very similar to the dramas you have watched, its full of romance and comedy

Thank you so much! All are added to my "to-watch" list!! 

mengosteen:
Waiting for you in the future

thank you!!

Czakhareina:
Go princess go - super super super slapsticl romance drama, with time travel/transmigration of a modeen man to the body of queen in the past. I being adapted/ into an upcoming korean drama
Lovely Us - very much like Reply1997
A little thing called first love - remake of the popular thai movie
Find Yourself - noona romance with a nice secondary couple
Boss and Me - office romance between a CEO and the company assistant/employee
Because of meeting you - remake of the kdrama jangbori is here. Stars Zheng Shuang
My sunshine - second chance romance between college sweethearts
Across the ocean to see your - office romance between boss FL and subordinate ML
Surgeons - medical drama but with romance
Divorce Lawyers - leads are divorce lawyers and are always fighting against each other, then they become neighbors.
Oldboy - ML is a middle age bachelor who likes his bachelor life, until his teenage kid he never knew existed drops in on him. FL is the teenage kids teacher.
Story of Minglan - historical drama about a life of the 6th sister of the sheng family, from her childhood tragedy of losing her concubine mother, to her  surviavl in the sheng household, her first love, and to her marriage. Historical but a must watch

thank you so much for all the recommendations!!

They are all C-modern dramas, some are more cute and fluffy and the others are more mature... just like you wanted! The most popular are Meteor Garden, Go Go Squid, Go Ahead and maybe Love Me If You Dare... the others aren't that popular nowadays! Those are a couple of my favorites so you can go blindly! 

They are my favorite C-Actors/Actresses, you can check all the dramas listed next to! (These dramas may not fit your requirements, however, that's what I think it's their masterpieces), I really love them!!!

I've watched most of the ones above,  some of them I re watched at least 2 times coz of how awesome they are, so I'm just gonna add some:

Flavour it's yours (exchanging tasting buds via kissing)

Lost romance (transmitting into the novel) - cute and lovely drama and has a steamy hot scene so you won't regret watching it)

Love cuisine (teachers for cooking classes)- at first sight nothing special but the vibe the main couple warms your heart, plus the students love to tease the couple. How? Check it out! ;^)

Perfect couple (battle between chefs, street food vs fancy ones)

Perfect and casual (cold strict teacher coupled with a student whom brings warm in his life; cupid is his grandpa who's close to death)

Rebirth of shopping addict

The love equations

The masked lover

jeseania:
Meteor Garden      (school, cute)
Go Go Squid              (gaming, cute)
Moonshine and Valentine      ( a little more mature, a touch of fantasy)
Hot Girl           ( Martial Arts, cute)
Because of You    (a little more mature, family...)
Professional Single     (school, fluffy and cute)
The Best Of You In My Mind    (school, cute)
Go Ahead            (friendship, a little more mature but still cute)
Find Yourself     ( Employee/Boss relationship, cute)
Love Me If You Dare   (much more mature, crime-solving... there is a romance, don't worry and it's cute)

thank you so much for all the recommendations!! (and also for adding links!)

Jacqueline Angel:

I've watched most of the ones above,  some of them I re watched at least 2 times coz of how awesome they are, so I'm just gonna add some:

Flavour it's yours (exchanging tasting buds via kissing)

Lost romance (transmitting into the novel) - cute and lovely drama and has a steamy hot scene so you won't regret watching it)

Love cuisine (teachers for cooking classes)- at first sight nothing special but the vibe the main couple warms your heart, plus the students love to tease the couple. How? Check it out! ;^)

Perfect couple (battle between chefs, street food vs fancy ones)

Perfect and casual (cold strict teacher coupled with a student whom brings warm in his life; cupid is his grandpa who's close to death)

alright, thank you so much!

megan :

thank you so much for all the recommendations!! (and also for adding links!)

You're welcome! I hope this will help you :)