Ahh nevermind, my question was answered lol Stupid bug only let me see up to Beca's last post =__=
RainFlower wrote:
My friends had said it was a re-make of What Happens in Vegas (starring Cameron Diaz & Ashton Kutcher - which they knew i liked) well it started out a bit like that & then turned out to be a different affair the best thing about it were the parents they were quite amusing :D oh & they had a scene with kids holding hands walking in single file which reminded me of Ferris Buellers Day off and so naturally I suggested we walk out of the cinema like that & we did :D

Awww I've been wanting to watch this one for a while, but guess I'll just have to wait until de DVD comes out u.u
I said I would post some older movie clips so here they are first off from a film called "Pakeezah" meaning Pure of Heart.

A little bit about the film its quite old I think its from 1971 but filming started 10 years earlier & due to difficulties was finished a decade later which is why the actors look a little different sometimes (i think) anyway the story is about a young girl who is brought up as a courtesan (high class prostitute). The actress here is Meena Kumari (my mom looked a bit like her when she was young :D).

Anyway I loved the way she uses her hands so elegantly in this song particularly as apparently one of her hands was deformed or something. This is an old film & a lot of people might not like it as it is quite slow paced & the songs also sound very classic & not modern at all but the dialogue in this film is sheer poetry so well worth a watch & the film makes a social statement about these womens roles in society. The singer is Lata Mangeshkar.

If anyone is interested in early Bollywood then I would recommend this & Sholay.

This is from Umrao Jaan - again a historical tale of a courtesan this one is based on an Urdu novel. The actress here is Rekha who some of you may have seen in recent years playing mom roles but here she is in her prime .... beautiful.

[/video]
This is from Umrao Jaan - again a historical tale of a courtesan this one is based on an Urdu novel. The actress here is Rekha who some of you may have seen in recent years playing mom roles but here she is in her prime .... beautiful. Singer here is Asha Bhonsle.

oh i forgot to add that Aishwariya Rai has done a remake of this film I havent seen it.
RainFlower wrote: This is from Umrao Jaan - again a historical tale of a courtesan this one is based on an Urdu novel. The actress here is Rekha who some of you may have seen in recent years playing mom roles but here she is in her prime .... beautiful. Singer here is Asha Bhonsle.

oh i forgot to add that Aishwariya Rai has done a remake of this film I havent seen it.

I watched the Aishwariya version and I liked it a lot! It takes you to another world for a while, like Paheli =)
This is from Kabhi kabhi (translation - "sometimes" or from time to time) theres no dancing here lol but its a classic song which a friend of mine would always sing when we were coming back from a night out lol

To explain whats happening in the vid will be a spoiler for anyone who wants to watch it so i wont :p

Sleepninja wrote: Ahh nevermind, my question was answered lol Stupid bug only let me see up to Beca's last post =__=

i know its very annoying mate!

beca256 wrote: Awww I've been wanting to watch this one for a while, but guess I'll just have to wait until de DVD comes out u.u

well as u luuuurvvve Imran Khan Im sure u will haha
i've watched two bollywood film..the first one is 3 idiots, which i loved, its kinda hilarious..and the second is i hate love story..and it's also ok.
3 Idiots movie is based on a novel by Chetan Bhagat Five point someone - what not to do at IIT
Five point someone is a true story...
I used to watch a lot of Bollywood movies but now not so much anymore. Plus, my local TV station kept on repeating the same ones. One thing's for sure, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is definitely one of my favourite. The recent re-run of that movie reached about 3 million plus viewers in my country ! :)
fieryheart wrote: I used to watch a lot of Bollywood movies but now not so much anymore. Plus, my local TV station kept on repeating the same ones.
One thing's for sure, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is definitely one of my favourite. The recent re-run of that movie reached about 3 million plus viewers in my country ! :)

i loved that movie too
I use to have a bollywood movie phase but not anymore. One thing i love abt them is the singing and dancing. Oooh plus those saris etc. The last one i saw was 3 Idiots which was so damn good.
Revy wrote: I use to have a bollywood movie phase but not anymore. One thing i love abt them is the singing and dancing. Oooh plus those saris etc. The last one i saw was 3 Idiots which was so damn good.

it was..i have watched it like 3 times and i've laughed and cried all of those 3 times lol