Hi...really excited to be a part of this.  I love watching these shows.  Can't believe how much I have been missing. 

Welcome and looking forward to seeing you around

Thanks.  Please feel free to give me suggestions on shows that I should look out for.  There seems to be sooo many options here.   :)

Hello, Gina911! Welcome to MDL. I hope you enjoy your time on here and watching dramas. What kind of dramas do you like watching?

I love time pieces, romantic comedies and sci-fi as well. Love the goofy type shows that lighten up the mood. 

Cool! Here are my recommendations. Perhaps some of them may appeal to you?

Sci-fi + Romance

Hit the Top (time travel, romance, youth, comedy)

Splash Splash Love (time travel, romance, comedy)

Queen In Hyun's Man (time travel, romance)

Love Through a Millennium (Chinese drama based off the Korean drama Queen In Hyun's Man)

W - Two Worlds (fantasy [... kind of like parallel worlds, if you will], romance)

Romance + Comedy

▸ Let's Eat series: Let's Eat / Let's Eat 2 (romance, comedy, food)

▸ Reply series: Reply 1997 /  Reply 1994 / Reply 1988 (romance, comedy, youth)

Shopping King Louie (romance, comedy)

You're All Surrounded (romance, comedy, action)

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (romance, comedy, youth)

I'm definitely missing some dramas, but these are a few that I can think of right now. I might have also categorized these dramas wrong...

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy watching!

Welcome to MDL, I hope you enjoy it here! 

Based off what genres you've mentioned, I'd recommend (bolded titles are my personal favourites):

Rooftop Prince - time travel, historical (though most of the drama is set in modern day), comedy, romance, mystery

Healer - romance, comedy, mystery, action 

Chicago Typewriter - time travel, alternating timelines, historical (WW2), friendship, romance

Circle- alternating timelines, sci-fi, mystery, drama

Tunnel - time travel, mystery, crime, detective, sci-fi (?) 

Signal - alternating timelines, mystery, crime, detective

Suspicious Partner - romance, comedy, law, crime 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon - romance, comedy, crime (though I wouldn't watch this for a well-written crime plot, just the romance)

I also second Shopping King Louie.

Welcome! I'm glad you enjoy the shows, hope you'll enjoy the MDL forum too! Here are some of my recommendations.

• Chicago Typewriter Romance/Time-Travel and somewhat historically related to Japanese occupation of Korea. Great story if you don't mind melodrama. Excellent original soundtrack. Great acting.

Chicago Typewriter Trailer

• A Love So Beautiful School/Romance. Excellent Chinese drama, great if you're looking for a sweet and lighthearted drama. The majority of the story is focusing on High-school but you'll follow the two main lead as they fall in love and grow-up together til they become adults. This drama though is relatively harder to find with English subs than others, some episodes can be easily found on YouTube, others can be found on illegal websites. Viki recently got the license, so it shouldn't be too long if you want an easy way to watch it

A Love So Beautiful Trailer

• Bad Guys Thriller/Crime. Excellent drama if you're not looking for romance and if you're into crime related series with excellent characters development.

Bad Guys Trailer

• It's Okay, That's Love Romance/Comedy/Psychological. Excellent story and character development and eye-opening to psychological disorder which are actually more common than we think. Lots of laughs, excellent acting. One of my favourite.

It's Okay, That's Love Trailer

• Marriage, Not Dating Romance/Comedy. Excellent drama which will make you laugh on every episodes, the romance is very cute yet very realistic as well as the comedy. Great acting and amazingly well-used sounds effects to make you laugh as you would have not imagined.

Marriage, Not Dating Trailer

• Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Romance/Melodrama/Historical. Excellent drama and story if you're into historical dramas and don't mind the melodrama. It's a drama that is meant to make you cry a lot, if you're looking to watch something lighthearted, that is not your best choice.

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

• Reply 1997, Reply 1994, Reply 1988 Friendship/Romance/Comedy. Excellent series of three dramas with excellent directing which makes it very different from most dramas nowadays. I would recommend to watch it in the order above though my favourite is the last one.

Reply 1997 Trailer | Reply 1994 Trailer | Reply 1988 Trailer

• Chief Kim, Comedy/Drama. Amazingly funny drama if you don't mind the no-romance and awesome bromance, you'll laugh a lot thanks to our main male character and his great acting.

Chief Kim Trailer 1 | Chief Kim Trailer 2

exe:

Sci-fi + Romance

Love Through a Millennium (Chinese drama based off the Korean drama Queen In Hyun's Man)

W - Two Worlds (fantasy [... kind of like parallel worlds, if you will], romance)

Romance + Comedy

I'm definitely missing some dramas, but these are a few that I can think of right now. I might have also categorized these dramas wrong...

exe:

Sci-fi + Romance

Romance + Comedy

Thank you so much. This will definitely keep me busy and out of trouble. Awesome!

Thank you for all of the recommendations. I have a lot of catching up to do.   I’ve been watching them on Netflix but I don’t think most of these are available. It makes it easier for me to download and watch offline. Am I able to do that on this site?  I see that you are able to watch some episodes but not for every show. 

Gina911:

Thank you for all of the recommendations. I have a lot of catching up to do.   I’ve been watching them on Netflix but I don’t think most of these are available. It makes it easier for me to download and watch offline. Am I able to do that on this site?  I see that you are able to watch some episodes but not for every show. 

With the dramas (at least the ones I recommended), I know that it's possible to stream them all on official sites like Viki or Dramafever although there are ads unless you pay to upgrade your account. If not, there's always unofficial/fansubbed versions available on sites like DramaNice which I tend to use for ease. There's a pretty limited selection available on Netflix as far as I'm aware but that would depend on your region too. 

As for offline watching/downloading, I'm not sure - as far as I'm aware, Viki and Dramafever don't offer that, but I know some unofficial sites let you download the videos onto your computer, though again that depends on the site/drama. 

@neo DramaFever does actually provides offline watching features with the subscription.

The best sites nowadays to watch dramas/movies/variety shows are Viki and DramaFever, both sites works a bit differently but ultimately offer the same thing.  Though, you'll have more variety using Viki but the speed of translation can vary greatly depending of the show popularity. Both of these provides monthly/yearly subscriptions for higher quality streaming and some others perks (ad-free and some shows available before people without subscriptions). Netflix doesn't have a lot of Korean show sadly, though there has been more of them recently.

MyDramaList is only a database so it doesn't actually provide any streaming feature, it does provides some link to streaming website (DramaFever) for some dramas. If you want offline feature, you only have Netflix or DramaFever but both requires a subscription.

I guess considering what you are looking for, DramaFever with a 4.99$ monthly subscription.

If you don't want to get a subscription then without the offline feature, both Viki and DramaFever are the best options, though you'll notice you might not be able to finish some popular shows or even start some recent shows because of lack of a subscription.

Ok. I have Netflix so that’s how I was able o watch what I’ve seen thus far. I will look into your other suggestions as well. I really like being able to watch when I’m on the train on my way to and back from work. 

How computer savvy are you? If you're confident in what not to click, what not to download and you have adblocker, there are ways to download dramas from some of the streaming sites that do not have a licenses. 

Ultimately if you don't mind paying the money, it's best to get a subscription with Viki/Dramafever like the above user said. Read their plans carefully to see if they offer a download and watch offline mode.