Shun Oguri (小栗 旬 Oguri Shun, born December 26, 1982 in Kodaira, Tokyo) is a Japanese actor, director and voice actor.

Born to a theater director father, Tetsuya Oguri, and having an actor brother, Ryo Oguri, Shun Oguri started his acting career quite early in his life. At the age 12, he started as a kid actor.
Oguri's debut role was playing the bullied and abused child Noboru Yoshikawa from the drama Great Teacher Onizuka in 1998, when he was about sixteen years old. His acting attracted him great attention and from there, he moved onto bigger roles. In 2000, he played a deaf person in Summer Snow. Two years later, he starred in the popular drama Gokusen, in which he played the part of a bully, rather than the bullied, as he did in Great Teacher Onizuka.
His brother Ryo Oguri and Shun performed together in the animation movie Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa, and the drama of Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors.
His first lead role in a drama was in 2006 as Shinichi Kudo from Detective Conan. Oguri also lent his voice as a seiyū in Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa together with his brother Ryo Oguri in 2005. He also landed the role of Rui Hanazawa in the drama Hana Yori Dango, in which he once again acted alongside Gokusen co-star Jun Matsumoto. In 2007 he gained even more attention starring in the drama Hanazakari no Kimitachi e as Izumi Sano. In 2008, Oguri took up another lead drama role in Binbō Danshi, playing a poor college student named Kazumi Koyama. Oguri also played in the drama "Tokyo Dogs" as a lead role American detective.
He reunited with Hana Yori Dango co-star Mao Inoue for the drama Jūi Dolittle (獣医ドリトル Veterinarian Dolittle), which began airing in October 2010.

MDL Link http://mydramalist.com/actor/1586/oguri-shun

--------------------
I LOVED his role in Tokyo Dogs.
Agreed, Tokyo Dogs was great to watch - Shun/Hiro were so good together! I've been a fan of Shun since HYD, but haven't been able to bring myself to watch his latest offering - Arakawa under the bridge, simply because I can't bear to see him dressed in that green suit. ><
abs wrote: Agreed, Tokyo Dogs was great to watch - Shun/Hiro were so good together!

I've been a fan of Shun since HYD, but haven't been able to bring myself to watch his latest offering - Arakawa under the bridge, simply because I can't bear to see him dressed in that green suit. ><

Lol I didn't even know he was in it until I posted this.
ah shun my 1st drama crush. i loved shun from the moment i saw my 1st drama tokyo dogs. he introduced me to the world of dramas cuz i wanted to see everything with his name on it. hanadan made me love him even more. to this day i am convinced that hanazawa rui should have gotten the girl. shun is hot, regardless of hair colour or cut he's hot. and he is an amazing actor.
I loved him in Hana Yori Dango, he was so handsome there and I agree, he should have been together with Tsukushi. He's a great actor, indeed. ;)
I am currentily watching Tokkyo Dogs and he is AMAZING :p
Really loved him as Hanazawa Rui in HYD, and i agree, he should have had the girl!!! He was nice too in Hana Kimi and Gokusen, but I found him far better (not to say more) in Juui Dolittle. And sorry to say that I didn't like him in Tokyo Dogs (maybe because Mizushima co-starred and I really like Mizushima -san!)
SumiTheCat wrote: Really loved him as Hanazawa Rui in HYD, and i agree, he should have had the girl!!! He was nice too in Hana Kimi and Gokusen, but I found him far better (not to say more) in Juui Dolittle.
And sorry to say that I didn't like him in Tokyo Dogs (maybe because Mizushima co-starred and I really like Mizushima -san!)

I liked him as Rui, but he wasn't aggressive enough :P
I have yet to see Juui Dolittle. Should I watch it?
juui dolittle is okay. i won't say it's a must watch but if u watch it i think u would enjoy it.
He's a very talented actor. I've seen him in 4 dramas so far. Hana Yori Dango 1 and 2, Tokyo DOGS, and Gokusen 1. Loved all of them. :D
PinkDiamond wrote: Shun! Finally a thread for him! Awesome! I've seen him in HYD, Crows Zero, and Gokusen.

PD!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Ok now that that's out of the way I have been wanting to watch Crows Zero. I've heard good things about it.
Sleepninja wrote: PD!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Ok now that that's out of the way I have been wanting to watch Crows Zero. I've heard good things about it.

I personally disliked Crows Zero. But my friend loved it.
Since i haven't watch many j-dramas i didn't know much about Oguri Shun, but i just finished watching Hana Kimi and i fell in love with him... hehehe.... Can't wait to watch some more!!! What can u recommend me to see next???
MaryJoe1988 wrote: Since i haven't watch many j-dramas i didn't know much about Oguri Shun, but i just finished watching Hana Kimi and i fell in love with him... hehehe.... Can't wait to watch some more!!!

What can u recommend me to see next???

Tokyo dogs!