hahahaha!  you're welcome.  They do mention it but i think it's something you'd only understand the reference to it if you're Korean or have had that spelled out to you before.  

It's like the marriage in Mary Stayed Out All Night.  That her "Husband" and Father can just go and adjust the family registry and she has no idea.  she needs the husband to agree to the divorce, it drives me wild.
The awkwardly placed product placement that happens in many Korean dramas is really distracting to me and puts me off.
@Nat:
I just finished watching Signal, which was truly excellent!  I know most
people agree. but the lead actor Lee Je Hoon, I wanted to slap him and tell him to "wipe that face off your head".  He literally had the same facial expression the whole time, and that expression was like he was constipated.  Any time his character was thinking he just slowly turned his head from side to side.  Urgh.  he drove me nuts.  And all the other actors were so great.  I may have rated it a 10 instead of 8.5 if they'd cast a better lead.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this! XD

Also, I had a hard time watching the first flashbacks. I didn't like the main female lead portraying a newbie in the police station. How old is she in the present? 40 years-old? And the first flashback is from about ~25 years ago. It took me a while to sympathize with her romance story with the detective.
Oh, I really liked her and the the flash backs, I thought they did a good job at making her look 20 years younger.  And I really believed her rough start, just beginning romance with Lee Jae Han and forever desire to find him, it broke my heart.

Hahahaha!  I guess we all like different things for different reasons
@Rania 

Thank you! I thought I was crazy for seeing how contrived, staged, cliché and forced the whole plot and chemistry between the leads was in DOS. I kept trying to get back to it, feeling like I watched hours of it only to realize I'm still on episode 5. It wasn't horrible;it just seemed overrated. I might still get back to it (for the second couple at least) though I have no urgency to do so whatsoever.

@Kanra

Although I enjoy watching Ha Ji Won, I did not think Secret Garden was particularly amazing. I don't remember much except that the lead couple looked alike. Although, That Woman remains one of my favourite OSTs.
@Fortuna Ha Ji Won wasn't in Secret. That was Hwang Jung Eum.
@CherryBunny I edited it. I meant Secret Garden. XD
i dont find lee min ho , kim woo bin , jang geun suk handsome at all. at least the third one is preety looking but i cant get the hype for them
A recent drama that many people loved, but I couldn't even finish, was Descendants of the Sun.  I dropped it after episode 9.  :(

Excluding a couple episodes during the earthquake, I felt it was very slow and boring. 

I also didn't care for either of the two couples.  I really love Song Joong Ki (he's the main reason I watched this one), but didn't feel like he had any chemistry with Song Hye Kyo, so I wasn't at all invested in the romance.  :(  And the other two just irritated me... although, their relationship seemed to get better and less irritating around the point where I dropped it. 

And the English was so awful (with the exception of David McInnis).  Usually, bad/butchered English doesn't bother me because there's really not much of it (just a few lines or phrases here and there), but this drama had quite a LOT (compared to other dramas), and it literally made me cringe. 

I also felt that some of the scenes (and the character's actions/reactions) were silly, cheesy, and unrealistic.

The one good thing I can say about it was that the scenery was gorgeous.  However, that's just not enough to carry a drama, and keep me interested and engaged.  :(

I'm glad others enjoyed it so much, but for me (and my husband), it was a dud.  He's also a Song Joong Ki fan, and we both really wanted to like and enjoy this one, but unfortunately, we were both very disappointed.  :(
I got bored of "My Love from Another Star" stopped watching it a long time ago -_- not a fan of Kim Soo Hyun either. I just couldn't get into the show. Blood (with Ahn Jae Hyun) is also a mediocre drama (I'm only watching it because there's a Cantonese dubbed version of it airing on tv, can't wait for the show to end lmao) 
@atslipinbag I wasn't a fan of Kim Woo Bin either, thought his eyes looked weird/face looks too serious but I somehow ended up falling for him in Uncontrollably Fond :P I used to want to watch The Heirs because of LMH but now I want to watch it for KWB haha (I didn't watch the show before since a lot of people said it was boring)
I found Descendants of the Sun overly hyped. To be honest, I regretted spending 16h on it. It was interesting how the snippets of the drama are more interesting on its own than stringing them together. I was intrigued by the snippets because Song Joong Ki looks so swoon worthy in it. The snippets that I watched had lines that made my heart fluttered. However, when I started watching, I was disappointed by how plot-less the drama was. There was no overarching theme except for the two main leads to be together after experiencing some incidents (not even obstacles which prevented them from together although the doctor being a life saviour and a soldier who's meant to kill a person posed a unique dilemma but it was not explored thoroughly). I was anticipating each new episode to be better because the drama has the potential to be so much better. Hence, I watched every single episode bit I realised the best episode was not going to come. The last two episodes were kinda ridiculous and unnecessary. It was truly a waste.
this topic is a blessing.

#starswillshine : omg i really did'nt get the hype for DOTS, i vaguely watched 8 episodes without much enthusiasm before dropping it and trying to rewatch it, but i never could really immerge myself in it. 
I don't like the "military aesthetics"  I was'nt into king2heart either tho. 
I found DOTS non-realistic, the romance dull and frustrating, ans the main plot plain like most common drama with some hyper spices on it but that did'nt work on me.
Also I'm not attracted to Song Joong Ki, they're way hotter fishes in the ocean.
@starswillshine
I also found the last 2 episodes ridiculous. They were so unrealistic.
I think the premise of a soldier could have offered so much to explore, but sadly this wasn't really the case. I kinda wish they would have address the topic of killing and also the psychological effect on the soldiers. We saw a few glimpses of it during SJKs flashbacks, but it wasn't even the main point. This would have been such an interesting topic, just as starswillshine also posted. I once talked with an soldier and he seemd so broken inside.

Another thing that sometimes borders me while watching dramas: These actresses that are overly praised for their beauty.
Somehow I just can't find them pretty at all. While I was watching Yong Pal (bad drama...) I just couldn't get it in my head, why people think Kim Tae Hee is the number one beauty. It might have to do with the writer and character ;D It's kinda the same with Yoona in K2. She is often described as a goddess, but in one scene I didn't really focus on what was happening and only thought about how she looked strange.
I have the slight hope for the future that casting directors will look more on talent rather than looks.

I don't like when the lead male character is made out to be a supermodel douche, maybe that's why my favorite drama is My Girlfriend is Nine Tailed Fox, so does anyone have any recommendations of dramas?