The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince

MDL Info Link[/URL]

South Korean drama that began airing on July 2, 2007. It is based on the novel of the same name written by Lee Sun-mi. It stars Yoon Eun Hye from Princess Hours, Gong Yoo from One Fine Day, Lee Sun Gyun from White Tower and Chae Jung Ahn.
The drama is a love story between a tomboyish woman pretending to be a man and a young food empire mogul. It contains "pseudo-homosexual" elements, because the man does not initially know of the tomboyish woman's true gender.

[U]Synopsis

Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the cocky son of a very rich family who runs a food corporation. He has never had a job and doesn't care for responsibility. Han Kyul is hung up on his first crush and certainly doesn't want to get married despite his family's requests. On the other hand, Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) is a 24-year-old tomboyish female who is often mistaken for a guy. She takes up every job possible?Taekwondo teacher, waitress, food deliverer, etc.?and has the responsibility of taking care of her mother, who has trouble not spending money, and younger sister. Eun Chan accidentally meets Han Kyul twice, once on a delivery and once during a robbery.

During the robbery, Eun Chan's delivery motorcycle ends up being damaged. Han Kyul, not knowing that Eun Chan is actually a girl, decides to hire Eun Chan as a false "lover" so that he can escape the blind dates arranged by his grandmother. Meanwhile, Han Kyul's cousin, Choi Han Seong (Lee Sun Gyun), is an established music producer and his ex-girlfriend, Han Yoo Joo (Chae Jung Ahn), who Han Kyul has secretly loved for nine years, is a famous artist who studied in New York. The two were lovers for about 8 years, but their relationship ended when Yoo Joo broke up with Han Seong. Two years after they separate, their paths cross again when Yoo Joo returns to Seoul.

After getting an ultimatum from his grandmother, Han Kyul takes over a rundown old coffee shop, later renamed Coffee Prince, to prove his ability, both to his grandmother and Yoo Joo. In order to attract female customers, he only hires good-looking male employees. In a struggle with money, Eun Chan, whom Han Kyul has already mistaken as a boy, hides her gender to get a job at Coffee Prince. Soon, feelings start to spark between Eun Chan and Han Kyul. Because he's unaware that Eun Chan is a girl, Han Kyul starts to question his sexuality.

Cast
Yoon Eun Hye as Go Eun-Chan
Gong Yoo as Choi Han-Gyul
Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Han Seong
Chae Jung Ahn as Han Yoo Joo

This was my first Asian drama and I still love it.

Who else has watched this?
I have! It was alright. I think it's overrated as most people claim its one of the best kdramas.
I did! It was my third Kdrama! I loved Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo in it! Their chemistry was shamazing. It's sad what happened to Lee Un (Min Yeop). He was a promising actor.
Sleepninja wrote: I did! It was my third Kdrama! I loved Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo in it! Their chemistry was shamazing. It's sad what happened to Lee Un (Min Yeop). He was a promising actor.

I got sad when I heard about that. He was one of the guys i liked in the drama.
It is one of my favorite drama ever.

The whole stroy about Eun Chan and Han kyul is great. When I first watched it I couldn`t find proper subs and ended up watching it with french subs( my french is bad).
Still this drama left a big impression on me. Yoon Eun Hye is the reason I watched this drama and now I`m a big fan of her.

On a sidenote: I skipped all the parts with the cousin and his (ex-)girlfriend.

Edit: Me also was very sad about Lee Uns death cause I watched Coffee Prince just a few weeks after his death.
Skye-N-Rain wrote: I got sad when I heard about that. He was one of the guys i liked in the drama.

Me too :( He was very funny in that drama.
Sleepninja wrote: I did! It was my third Kdrama! I loved Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo in it! Their chemistry was shamazing. It's sad what happened to Lee Un (Min Yeop). He was a promising actor.

He was! After I watched it and looked at his profile on here I got all sad when I read that he died in a motorcycle accident :(

Coffee Prince was my very first Kdrama! One of my favorites, I loved it!! I downloaded the soundtrack as well :p
One of my very favorites ever. I think it is so weird when people say it's overrated. I love it to pieces.

p.s....Dear Santa (D) I hope this is what came in that YesAsia box we got in the mail yesterday...
^ROFL! I hope you did get it :D
This was my first drama too. I have seen it 3 times and it remains my favorite. :)
I love Coffee Prince! it was my 2nd drama ever and the one that got me hooked on dramas :D
One of my all time favourite dramas...
and omg, i had no idea that actor died
Coffee Prince is magical...true story. p.s. Choi Han Gyul...I am in love with you.
jeanie65jh wrote: Coffee Prince is magical...true story. p.s. Choi Han Gyul...I am in love with you.

Weren't you gushing about your hubby earlier? Stick with one guy damnit! :P