It means power in japanse
Gwen-Ellana means : Gwen : It's a diminutive of my first name, which is also my nickname from my family and my friends. Ellana : It's one of my favorite character from a french novel written by Pierre Bottero (which is the trilogy "La quête d'Ewilan" and its suite, the trilogy "Les mondes d'Ewilan" and another one is "Le pacte des MarchOmbres"), and who had -past time because he died prematurely in 2009 from a motorbike's accident- the talent to transport you in an another world.
Mine is a reference to Doctor Who. One of the Doctor's greatest nemesis, the Daleks, call him "The Oncoming Storm" due to how he destroyed many of them.
:P Melanie too and Melliebean is a nickname I've had for as long as I can remember ^_^
Mine doesn't really have a meaning, i think. I got it from a korean name generator and just shortened it to 'chaechae' instead of 'shinchaechae :/. I use it for everything
Mine has a lot of meanings which now I can only guess, since it was given to me by an old friend.
Amanda is just my real name. Must be boring, eh? I lack a lot of imagination when it comes to creating names for anything. Usually the problem shows up in usernames, so I solved it using my real name always when possible. If it's not available, I'll use variation of it then.
I don't think I put too much thought into my username. KimLee (the names of my 2 bias': Kim Hyun Joong & Lee Soo Hyuk) & Chanee ( The first 3 letters of my first name and the last 3 letters of my middle name)
steci is my nickname then loves dramas... well you can guess why if you check my watched list XP my real name is Stella but over the years in my family it became Stelli then Steci then Teti (and the amount of variation amounts to infinity... seriously my bro comes up with new ones every day!)
DreamingKoreanBallad - because I Love Korean Ballad Singers and wish I had the talent to become one myself (I only need a teacher) lol
My username is from an anime character: DB's Launch. She's such an interesting character, I love her!
my username is just my first and middle name :| this thread has made me realize how boring mine is hahah
My name Sanosuke comes from my favorite character as a kid from the anime Rurouni Kenshin. I couldn't really come up with another username since then.
My nickname is Yoshi (from that green dude in Super Mario), and if you add another 'i' at the end of Yoshi it looks like an adjective in Japanese. If you conjugate Yoshii to the negative tense, you get Yoshikunai, which also sounds sort of like yokunai(not good). So that's that. :)
Wow, so many awesome username stories! ;O

&& *sniffle* @ "I'm just a dream that is going to disappear someday & nobody is going to remember I existed." Me too..

Now for mine, it came from a bunch of a random attempts to go by a unique alias in the '90s, haha.

The most embarassing which was (pre-internet tho, thank goodness):
[ Simba-Randy Taylor Thomas ]

*shudders* Can you feel the geekery? Ahaha..

Soon after, I changed it to just initials: SBJP, which I began using on various stuff I created.
[ Simba / Balto / Jurassic Park ]

Until I officially got online & tho I briefly used "sbjp75" for a bit (# being birthyear of my fave Backstreet Boy, lolol), I wanted smth more "name", ~less initials.

And so I came up with Simbalto-Anya.. because at that point, I was also obsessed with ~Anastasia ;P

Then things kept asking for ~both first & last names, plus I kind of wanted smth ~more obscure yet passable, so I shortened it, dropped the hyphen, & added the last name of my favorite media couple, as well as a middle name inspired by the one they chose for their daughter, & voila:

[ SimbiAni (Maybelle) Buchman ]

..Buchman being from Mad About You & their daughter being named Mabel (which they explained as standing for Mothers Always Bring Extra Love, & that being smth I've always wished I had- a loving family) plus ~Belle my fave Disney girl.. sooo yeah xD

I've used SimbiAni everywhere since & altho the two halves have been separate in many places, they were never together in that way, that I could tell from my occasional in-depth research over the years; altho some similar ones have been popping up since too (including some annoying depression meds advertisements, ugh "Cymbalta" & "Symbicort" like seriously?? >.>) & the confusion Google gets sometimes is amusing (no, I did not mean "Symbian" lolol some platform of recent years apparently).

Taken another way, with some "poetic license", if "simba" means "lion" in Swahili (according to Lion King, anyways) & in some language, I looked it up ages ago but can't rember, I think it was Slavic or smth? "ani" means "beauty", then literally SimbiAni = "beautiful lioness".. sweet! (er, tho I'm not even really a fan of lions.. go figure, heh I actually much prefer & adore ~wolves!)

Of course, now that I'm into K-media, I've awkwardly realized how much it sounds like "nooo", "sorryyy".. (ahni/mianhae).. ^-^; lmao, oops! 

xoxoxo