kura2ninja:

Hey, guys, how are you doing? I hope everyone is doing well. What are you guys watching and how do you like them so far?

I've managed to shirk my RL responsibilities finish some Japanese dramas in December-January. Objectively, I think the best of them is Zenkamono, which is about a rookie probation officer, played by Arimura Kasumi. While watching it, sometimes her character would piss me off so much because of her naivety and high-sounding idealism--but that's to be expected, because she's still new on the job. I'm glad that it's only 6 episodes long, about 30 minutes each, because it went to some dark places and I don't think I could handle it if it's longer. It's a very well-written, solidly-acted drama with excellent production value, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Be sure to check out the tags for trigger warning, though.

I just finished Hyochakusha  and it is definitely different .  deciding on my rating  for it.

Old_Anime_Lady:

I just finished Hyochakusha  and it is definitely different .  deciding on my rating  for it.

Rumor (read: some people said so on Feeds) said it's going to have a second season?

I'd love to join plz!!! I love Asian dramas but mainly Japanese dramas are my go to!!

I want to join too. ?

kura2ninja:

Rumor (read: some people said so on Feeds) said it's going to have a second season?

Hopefully it is set up that way

I would love to join! ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ  

So far, I've avoided Japanese dramas because their covers are cute and fluffy which is not appealing to me at all, but this year I want to give them a chance because I know there are many good ones I should be aware of

So, could you tell me must watch Japanese dramas/movies? ^_^

Benizakura:

So far, I've avoided Japanese dramas because their covers are cute and fluffy which is not appealing to me at all, but this year I want to give them a chance because I know there are many good ones I should be aware of

Japanese dramas as cute and fluffy??? 

Oh my, you have yet to witness Japan's dark side.

Tell me what genres you prefer and any trigger warnings you need or tags you avoid and I'll try my best to give you some great suggestions

I just submitted the Spring Line up for 2022 Spring Season, be on the look out for it.

as for cute and fluffy....I don't usually watch a lot of those

Here are my lists https://mydramalist.com/profile/OldAnimeLady/lists

I have to go through and update them on one of my days off but its a start : )

Benizakura:

Hi Benizakura, 

My favourite not so fluffy dorama is Todome no Kiss, even tho the cover looks maybe fluf, it's certainly not. Or watch a crazy comedy crime action like, Kaitou Yamaneko and if you want really hardcore watch Smoking 

I hope you enjoy your must J-doramas xD

Benizakura:

I checked out your dramalist, and since you liked Imawa no Kuni Alice and Squid Game, you might like the movie Battle Royale (it's on your ptw too ;p). And since you liked Parasite, maybe check out the movie Shoplifters? They're very different stylistically and their genres are different too, but (social) class plays a central role in both movies.

As for dramas, some stuff that you might like (none of them are fluffy--be sure to check out the tags for any trigger warnings that you might need to avoid):

BunnyLover:

Japanese dramas as cute and fluffy??? 

Oh my, you have yet to witness Japan's dark side.

Tell me what genres you prefer and any trigger warnings you need or tags you avoid and I'll try my best to give you some great suggestions

Ah yes bring out the dark side! 

I prefer Thriller, Mystery, Action and Psychological genres. Tags I avoid are love triangle, age gap, love at first sight, naive/weak (fe)male lead and war. Idk if it's a trigger but I hate jump scares they're a big NO! Japanese drama I really really enjoyed is Imawa no Kuni no Alice

Old_Anime_Lady:

I just submitted the Spring Line up for 2022 Spring Season, be on the look out for it.

as for cute and fluffy....I don't usually watch a lot of those

Here are my lists https://mydramalist.com/profile/OldAnimeLady/lists

I have to go through and update them on one of my days off but its a start : )

Woah! There's a lot! I'm sure I'll find something interesting from your lists. Thank you^^

Shenmi:

Hi Benizakura, 

My favourite not so fluffy dorama is Todome no Kiss, even tho the cover looks maybe fluf, it's certainly not. Or watch a crazy comedy crime action like, Kaitou Yamaneko and if you want really hardcore watch Smoking 

I hope you enjoy your must J-doramas xD

Hi, Shenmi,

Thank you so much for your recommendations!!^^ I'm gonna watch them all but maybe I start from Todome no Kiss since it has been on my PTW a very long time

kura2ninja:

I checked out your dramalist, and since you liked Imawa no Kuni Alice and Squid Game, you might like the movie Battle Royale (it's on your ptw too ;p). And since you liked Parasite, maybe check out the movie Shoplifters? They're very different stylistically and their genres are different too, but (social) class plays a central role in both movies.

As for dramas, some stuff that you might like (none of them are fluffy--be sure to check out the tags for any trigger warnings that you might need to avoid):

I appreciate the time you took stalking my dramalist ;D 

I'll put all of these on a custom list so that I will, for sure, remember to watch them. Thanks for helping me ^__^

Hello everybody!
I would like to join this group as I wanna get back into the swing of things. Started out with doramas back then, but fell into a pit hole of kdramas afterwards. Ever since then, I've put aside doramas for a very, very, long time.

Another reason why I stopped watching doramas, is because of the difficulty in finding subs. We mostly had to download from strict admins (from LJ) and honestly speaking, some of them are biased coz they choose the people whom they want as members  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Thank goodness for Netflix and Viki nowadays. 

awkward potato:
Another reason why I stopped watching doramas, is because of the difficulty in finding subs. We mostly had to download from strict admins (from LJ) and honestly speaking, some of them are biased coz they choose the people whom they want as members ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank goodness for Netflix and Viki nowadays.

Hi and welcome! It's great that Netflix and Viki have offered more Japanese dramas these days, but unfortunately, a lot of them are still unavailable legally, so I'm just grateful that there seems to be more subbers these days than it was, say, two or three years ago.

I have to say that I'm ambivalent about closed communities. On one hand, I get that subbers are trying to stop people from profiting off their labor of love. On the other hand, I've been on the fandom long enough to see subbing groups disappear without a trace, and I dread the day when their subs become inaccessible, by anyone, because they finally decide to call it quits.

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I felt like making banners and I also made a new JDC banner for my profile page. 

And of course if you like it, use it ^^

Shenmi:

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I felt like making banners and I also made a new JDC banner for my profile page. 

And of course if you like it, use it ^^

It looks very cool :)