Jeaniessi wrote: It is Yokoya from Liar Game no doubt. Also..Spoiler The old man that comes and visits Masato...I don't believe any one has seen him except Masato and he is a ghost. End.

I thought so -> in episode seven there was a time when Masato invited the old man inside and the camera turned a little to the perspective of someone else and the old man was gone; but sometimes it's also just a trick... we'll see. <-

You killed my spoiler btw, ;)
Zaza-Zaza-Zaza-Zaza-Zaza wrote: I thought so -> in episode seven there was a time when Masato invited the old man inside and the camera turned a little to the perspective of someone else and the old man was gone; but sometimes it's also just a trick... we'll see. <-

You killed my spoiler btw, ;)

I totally did. I fixed it! LOL
The guy in Episode 4 is Aikawa Sho also the same as the first contestant on The Quiz Show 2. All of the contestants on the Quiz Show and most of the main guests on this show are relatively famous (or at least very active) so it wouldn't be odd if you recognized them. I was just watching Bandage and it had both Suzuki Kazuma (Yokoya/hostess club guy) and Anne (the sax player in ep 2? 3?)

As for the spoiler... it all becomes clear in ep 8... or clearer... <--
kurinezumi wrote: The guy in Episode 4 is Aikawa Sho also the same as the first contestant on The Quiz Show 2. All of the contestants on the Quiz Show and most of the main guests on this show are relatively famous (or at least very active) so it wouldn't be odd if you recognized them. I was just watching Bandage and it had both Suzuki Kazuma (Yokoya/hostess club guy) and Anne (the sax player in ep 2? 3?)

As for the spoiler... it all becomes clear in ep 8... or clearer... <--

So I didn't see ghosts - hadn't seen those two in any other drama than the ones I mentioned above. :)
Have you seen episode 8 in Japanese? Haven't seen it subbed anywhere yet.
Szasha wrote: So I didn't see ghosts - hadn't seen those two in any other drama than the ones I mentioned above. :)
Have you seen episode 8 in Japanese? Haven't seen it subbed anywhere yet.

Don't worry, you're okay :) Once you remember their faces you'll start to see them more places... Just sticking to Yamapi, "Yokoya" was also in Buzzer Beat (he was the sleazy music producer... he tends toward minor roles, so he's less recognizable) and Aikawa was the cop in Kurosagi. Both dramas I recommend (not because of those two...)

I watched 8 in Japanese... I haven't seen a subbed version either.
I think episode eight was really good. Lots of things happened! I feel like this is common in Jdramas. Things start to reach their peak at around episode 8 and then spend the rest of the season wrapping up the loose ends. Does anyone know if week 8 in the Japanese TV season is like "sweeps" in the US? Anyway, I can't wait to see the subbed version, because there were parts I didn't quite understand :)
Nah, since dramas are so short and only on for 3 months there really isn't sweeps, or not that really affect dramas... between seasons is where they put all of the specials. I think it's just kind of natural given the length. The writers probably also have a kind of a formula given how many dramas get produced in a year.
I cant believe next week is the last episode. How could it have gone sooooo fast?! Such an amazing drama though. I really dont understand why the ratings are so low...
Rubyy wrote: I cant believe next week is the last episode. How could it have gone sooooo fast?!

Such an amazing drama though. I really dont understand why the ratings are so low...

There’s a rumor going around right now that flawless goddess Maeda Atsuko of AKB48 is being blacklisted from costarring with Johnny’s.

Why? Apparently it’s all because of Yamapi’s drama. The two of them are costarring in the TBS drama Saiko no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~ right now but the drama has been getting single digit ratings for the past few episodes and the blame has been put on Maeda.
“They’ve been measuring the ratings by the minute and it seems that scenes with Maeda has been the lowest. Yamapi’s scenes tend to get double digits so the low overall rating is mostly due to Acchan’s scenes.”
“The blacklist for Johnny’s is only comprised of women. They’re mostly unpopular actresses or actresses that have been rumored with Johnny’s. There are cases where they don’t get blacklisted permanently but there are also cases where the girls are banned from costarring with a Johnny forever. But on what basis they use to put them on the blacklist is mostly a mystery. It’s safe to say that Maeda is put on there because of the low ratings she kept pulling in her dramas though…”
People have been saying that Yamapi is the next Kimutaku. The guy’s also been in many hit dramas, so it’s really a surprise this drama is doing so poorly in comparison to his other ones. Right now they’re looking to re-tool the script to get the ratings up again.

Link

A blacklist for unpopular artists? I am not extremely familiar with Johnny's therefore I was a little suprised, but also shocked to read it.
I think the problem is the following, although Yamapi is starring in the drama, it has a peculiar theme and is compared to normal colourful idol dramas relatively tame, not to say lame.
The only ones tuning in are hardcore fans and folks who're interested in the drama itself.
Bad, bad, bad - they have no idea what they are missing!

I am so excited to watch episode eight and nine. Are there really just nine episodes in total? I couldn't find a reliable source yet where any facts regaring the total number of episodes are stated.
Szasha wrote: There’s a rumor going around right now that flawless goddess Maeda Atsuko of AKB48 is being blacklisted from costarring with Johnny’s.

Why? Apparently it’s all because of Yamapi’s drama. The two of them are costarring in the TBS drama Saiko no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~ right now but the drama has been getting single digit ratings for the past few episodes and the blame has been put on Maeda.
“They’ve been measuring the ratings by the minute and it seems that scenes with Maeda has been the lowest. Yamapi’s scenes tend to get double digits so the low overall rating is mostly due to Acchan’s scenes.”
“The blacklist for Johnny’s is only comprised of women. They’re mostly unpopular actresses or actresses that have been rumored with Johnny’s. There are cases where they don’t get blacklisted permanently but there are also cases where the girls are banned from costarring with a Johnny forever. But on what basis they use to put them on the blacklist is mostly a mystery. It’s safe to say that Maeda is put on there because of the low ratings she kept pulling in her dramas though…”
People have been saying that Yamapi is the next Kimutaku. The guy’s also been in many hit dramas, so it’s really a surprise this drama is doing so poorly in comparison to his other ones. Right now they’re looking to re-tool the script to get the ratings up again.

Link

A blacklist for unpopular artists? I am not extremely familiar with Johnny's therefore I was a little suprised, but also shocked to read it.
I think the problem is the following, although Yamapi is starring in the drama, it has a peculiar theme and is compared to normal colourful idol dramas relatively tame, not to say lame.
The only ones tuning in are hardcore fans and folks who're interested in the drama itself.
Bad, bad, bad - they have no idea what they are missing!

I am so excited to watch episode eight and nine. Are there really just nine episodes in total? I couldn't find a reliable source yet where any facts regaring the total number of episodes are stated.

IF and i'm highly doubtful this is true, then that's stupid.
Skye-N-Rain wrote: IF and i'm highly doubtful this is true, then that's stupid.

There’s a rumor going around right now that flawless goddess Maeda Atsuko of AKB48 is being blacklisted from costarring with Johnny’s.

Haha, I wanted to emphasize rumour but thought it was apparent. :p
Szasha wrote: There’s a rumor going around right now that flawless goddess Maeda Atsuko of AKB48 is being blacklisted from costarring with Johnny’s.

I'm not surprised by this rumor at all. Johnny's has a notorious reputation. Idk if she's really on a list or whatever, but it wouldn't surprise me if one existed.

Personally, I haven't really noticed Maeda. She's there. She's not bad. She's not amazing.
Kawaikochan wrote: I'm not surprised by this rumor at all. Johnny's has a notorious reputation. Idk if she's really on a list or whatever, but it wouldn't surprise me if one existed.

Personally, I haven't really noticed Maeda. She's there. She's not bad. She's not amazing.

Episode eight should have higher ratings than its predecessors, considering that Maeda was barely present. :p

Thoughts on episode eight:
It's getting more interesting and I am anticipating episode nine - but otherwise it was a very stable episode.
I had wet eyes again starting from the moment Nagamine, on the verge of dying, struggled to reach his unborn baby's shoes and later
during Yuki's funeral speech. Sigh. I cry too easily.

I was a little surprised that although Ken was given more screening time than in previous episodes he was still not one of the major focuses.
I find the story of Yuki's grandfather increasingly intriguing - so I suppose he IS a ghost - I am excited to see how he's connected to the bone lady.

I'd like to upload a picture, but since it would reveal some of episode's eight content, I can't. :( It would be great if MDL had a spoiler tag for both text and media.

And there's really just one episode left? Anyone already seen it?
Almost done with episode 8. :( Interesting how it's all coming together. I think their will be 10 episodes total.
Episode 8 was SO sad. The baby shoes really got me every time. :( If there's only 10 episodes that will be a rushed ending, there are so many loose ends to be put together. ._.