I was looking at my Dropped List and considering if I was being too harsh. I don't think I am. The dropped list is the forgotten red headed step child of your drama list but I think it can be important. Like a review without having to say anything...it sits there in the trash bin but with no real reason to back it up for us lookie loos sneakin' a peak at your list! Personally, I feel like I can't give a review to a drama I've dropped...because I dropped it! I didn't stick it out to the end so I feel my opinion needs to stay private...

Well not today! If you want to give your opinion about a drama on your dropped list...Have at it. Write a paragraph or just a colorful word. I am curious to know why you dropped that drama. On a scale of "Bored now" to "Oh! How I Loathed You!" I'll start.

Spy Myung Wol:

Episodes watched: 10

Reason why I dropped it? Because even the wackiness in the beginning had cohesiveness, humor and what felt like a storyline trajectory...but then I saw it begin to turn into a constant revolving rehash of plot points. There were characters who disappeared and the mood turned into a downer. Most importantly the wacky yet cool feeling/writing just went away. Did this story change writers? If it didn't than whoever wrote this is bipolar. Or more likely, had no power of his or her own to keep with the story they intended when pressured by the higher ups when ratings were low. Add the cherry on top of the whole Han Ye Seul kerfuffle and I just couldn't make myself stay with it. And from recaps I've read and other opinions, I'm okay with my decision not to keep watching.

My Rating, on a scale of "Bored Now" to "Oh! How I loathed you": "Drama...it sucks that you suck"
Love the idea of this thread! I'll post as soon as I have my modem fixed/changed. I can't possibly type fast enough on my cell. *thumbs up*
*goes back to check dropped list*

Ok, so this review might make people roll their eyes at me, but whatever. I am who I am.

I dropped...IRIS. And I rated the drama a 10.

I LOVED that show. Great characters, great plot, nice actions sequences, the scenery and directing was also amazing. The pacing of the show and general chemistry between all the characters were ace. The reason I stopped watching was because *warning: spoiler in white* I found out by accident that the main character is killed in the end. I knew I wasn't going to be able to take the heartbreak. That's the only reason why I stopped right in my tracks, on episode 10 halfway through. Sometimes I think maybe I'll go back to that drama......but then I change my mind. *sigh* Oh well, such is my life. The life of a drama addict.

Oh, and on the "dropped" scale, I'd rate it a "Why am I such a coward???"

:D
I'll do another one later, have to get back to studying. :p

Good idea though jeanie!
Aurelia wrote: *goes back to check dropped list*

Ok, so this review might make people roll their eyes at me, but whatever. I am who I am.

I dropped...IRIS. And I rated the drama a 10.

I LOVED that show. Great characters, great plot, nice actions sequences, the scenery and directing was also amazing. The pacing of the show and general chemistry between all the characters were ace. The reason I stopped watching was because *warning: spoiler in white* I found out by accident that the main character is killed in the end. I knew I wasn't going to be able to take the heartbreak. That's the only reason why I stopped right in my tracks, on episode 10 halfway through. Sometimes I think maybe I'll go back to that drama......but then I change my mind. *sigh* Oh well, such is my life. The life of a drama addict.

Oh, and on the "dropped" scale, I'd rate it a "Why am I such a coward???"

:D

Perfect example of why I started this thread. Keep 'em coming everyone!
Of course NOW I am logged in everywhere... whatever. That IRIS spoiler sucked and I almost did the same... I did fix the summary to not be spoilery though...
Ikemen Desu ne... AKA Japanese You're Beautiful I dropped without even getting through an episode because it was trying too hard to be a copy instead of claming an independant identity, critical to a drama's sucess imo.

"Why did you try to copy? You just managed to show how inferior you are" is my rating.
I have only dropped one series. 1% of Anything. And that was because of the annoying lead actress. The lead actor and the grandpa were awesome and I tried to stick it out because they were so good. But that stupid chick just grated on my every nerve.
This is cool...

I also dropped IRIS, but for different reasons than Mary. In fact I love that that happened... whatever is in white! :)

Okay, so very informal review:
IRIS seemed to be a very promising drama, and it was, for the most part. It had great actors, for the most part. It had great story, for the most part. What made me drop it? the few parts that didn't fit the expectations the drama hold. I was one of the few people that gave KTH the benefit of a doubt, and ended up being one of the few that drop the drama because of her. I won't blame everything on her, though. I think she was did good in a few scenes. Kim So Yun? I think she did great in all of her scenes, but this is not a acting competition right? So, I thought the romance between the leads seemed forced, at times overly exaggerated (forced) and... oh, yeah, forced. I hated that, such a drama (with so much potential to be excellent imo) was lowering its standards to such a sucky, mushy, and over the top fake romance... its like the director thought: "wow, I have KTH (equals almost everyone going gaga for her) and LBH (like I have to explain that one) together in a drama, I wont see this coming in a long time. I must have them do all sorts of 'cute' things." He could not help himself!!!

"I prefer watching GIJoe"
Oh and, yeah I just realized I cannot possibly say KSY was good in ALL her scenes since I dropped the drama... but at least the ones that I watched her in.. haha, sorry about that. ;)
ColonelMeow wrote: I have only dropped one series. 1% of Anything. And that was because of the annoying lead actress. The lead actor and the grandpa were awesome and I tried to stick it out because they were so good. But that stupid chick just grated on my every nerve.

hehehe, I think I felt the same way, cant remember! lets not get into this again, but yeah... nice that you dropped it cuz is like wasting your time girl. If I could go back in time, knowing all the awesome dramas I know of now, I would never watch that drama.
I think I dropped 1% too for that same reason. Stupid/annoying female lead is my #1 reason to drop a drama.
Athena:Goddess Of War
Ep watch:8/20 but i saw some recaps of it

This drama is just pure HATE with me. I mean it had two great actors but the plot was just a giant pile of cow shit. Not only was the male lead stupid but his crush on that chick was stupider. Then everything just started going in circles that didn't need to exist. Ooh god and the ending...has to be one of the dumbest way to end a drama.
I honestly think the writer was on freaking LSD and PCP when they were writing the script.
Binbo Danshi

i actually started disliking Oguri Shun because of this drama. his character is annoying, the way he portrays it is annoying, the other characters are mostly all annoying. the writing is terrible. i heard good things about this drama so i gave it a fighting chance, but after 4 episodes i just couldn't take it anymore.
i give it a "it's so bad it made me dislike an actor i used to like" rating.

and

Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo
i can't believe i sat through 6 episodes of this garbage. i tried, i really did, thinking it would be interesting as someone learning japanese to watch a drama about foreigners taking japanese lessons. but no, the acting is so bad and the (heh i was gonna say plot but there doesn't seem to be one) storylines are just rediculous.
i rate this one "waste of time since there aren't even any hot guys to redeem it"
hahaha 2 thumbs up Jeanie...love this thread..although nomatter how much i hate the storyline/ actor/ actress i tend to complete almost each n every drama i start lol..i have dropped a few bt don't seem to remember which ones n most importantly have already forgotten why i dropped it...hehe..need to check my dropped list

P.S.: im esp. loving all the ratings lol