I dropped.. Kingdoms of the winds. (I watched 18/36 episodes).
Like Kamz, I don't drop dramas easily, because I think that dropping a drama means that all the episodes you already watched were a waste of time. I'd rather put it on hold-on and watch it again later, instead of dropping it. That's why ''Kingdoms of the winds'' is the only drama I couldn't complete.
It was because of the number of episodes. I had the feeling that no matter how many episodes I will watch, it will never end. Maybe I felt like this because I don't have so much free time.
The story was pretty watchable but somehow it was too exaggerated. I tried to watch it until the end because I've read somewhere that it is the sequel of Jumong and because of the cast. Then I found out how this drama will end ( because of some crazy fans, lol). so I got bored and uninterested.
My rating.. "Never watch sequels, sequels are always disappointing.''
I've only dropped the Hana Kimi Remake so far. Only made it 1O minutes into the episode before deciding that I didn't want to watch a remake of the original Japanese Hana Kimi drama. Because it just seemed to be a cheesier retelling of the original drama - and I missed seeing the original cast. No Toma-Kun as Nakatsu is a no go for me :( [even if the other guy isn't bad, if it's Japanese it's gotta be Toma-Kun as him :p]. I dunno, I might give it a retry after it's done airing. The original is best - I don't understand the whole remake part still
Great thread Jeanie! especially when like you i tend not to give any marks to dropped dramas it will leave other peole thinking why did she drop that drama when i thought it was great...this thread expalins all....LOL

Mary - I totally get why u dropped IRIS now i knew that was going to happen but i watched & enjoyed it anyway.

The drama I had to drop recently was Autumn Tale/Autumn in my Heart. Below is the extract from MDL:

Yoon Joon-suh and Yoon Eun-suh grew up as siblings but Eun-suh was in fact from a different family as there was a mix up at the hospital where she was born. The switch came to light when Eun-suh was involved in a car accident and it was discovered that her blood type was different from her parents. Eun-suh's life took a complete turn when the 2 girls were returned to their respective families. Soon after, the Yoon family left for the States and Eun-suh was left living in sordid condition with her real family in Korea. Years after, Joon-suh returned to Korea and by chance the two former siblings were reunited.

Autumn Tale spoilers in white here - I dropped Autumn Tale cos the story was bit too incestuous for my liking, i dropped it at episode 5 as it was clear by then that that is the way the story was heading. Joon-suh and Eun-suh were teenagers when they found out they werent related they then meet 8-10 years later & "fall in love." Altho they arent blood related the fact that they were brought up as brother & sister all those years made it impossible for me to accept them as a couple.
Its a shame cos i really liked Won Bins character in the drama & was looking forward to see how he changed/opened up after he fell in love with Eun-Suh. Song Seun Hun & Song Hye Kyo play the former siblings who then fall in love. I cldnt comprehend how someone u thought of as ur sibling for 13/15 years you can then fancy eeuuuggghhhh!!!
So... i also decided to look through my dropped list ane discovered 2 really good series. 49 Days and Bad Guy. If you know both of them, you will probably know, why i didnt finish them {!!!!!!}Spoiler - i just hate dead main characters :D {!!!!!}
I dropped so many... I feel ashamed...
I dropped Buzzer Beat- I really like Yamapi, and I was hoping this will finally be the drama that will show his talent, but sadly no, the plot was dragging I got bored I dropped it near the end.. (Proposal Daisakusen, Code Blue, Kurosagi were so much better).
There are many dramas I dropped late, after 7-9 and good dramas too: Fated to love you(why did I?!?) , Easy Fortune Happy Live, Cinderella Sister, Corner with Love, Beethoven Virus and many others. It's usually that I really get into the story, but then the plot changes (like storylines are dropped never to come back, or they were finally together but something bad happened again) and suddenly I'm not interested, usually they are stereotypical ones, so I know how they will end, and I hate that moment when action slows down, the story changes, it's like the writers didn't know what to do next. Among all the dramas I watched there where only few I liked till the ending, the ones that were really fresh and unexpected till the last episode. And now I don't hesitate to drop the drama if I don't like it anymore, I spend too much time watching them already.
My most recently dropped was Heartstrings. Surprisingly I dropped it for the same reason I initially loved it. Even though I'm only three years out of college, Heartstrings made feel nostalgic for that time, and this was buoyed by the really awesome pastel color palette that literally seemed to cast a rosy glow over the whole drama. And then it just became way too juvenile. The conflict made no sense and could have easily been avoided if every stopped acting like a doofus; the whole musical business was just drawn out way too much with little pay off in each episode; it was just blah. I probably would have loved Heartstrings back when I was 15 and daydreaming about all of college adventures I was going to have. Unfortunately, it just left me rolling my eyes and feeling older than my years.
Maria wrote: My most recently dropped was Heartstrings. Surprisingly I dropped it for the same reason I initially loved it. Even though I'm only three years out of college, Heartstrings made feel nostalgic for that time, and this was buoyed by the really awesome pastel color palette that literally seemed to cast a rosy glow over the whole drama. And then it just became way too juvenile. The conflict made no sense and could have easily been avoided if every stopped acting like a doofus; the whole musical business was just drawn out way too much with little pay off in each episode; it was just blah. I probably would have loved Heartstrings back when I was 15 and daydreaming about all of college adventures I was going to have. Unfortunately, it just left me rolling my eyes and feeling older than my years.

I almost dropped Heartstrings for a lot of the same reasons. It was pretty to look at in spots. It was cute. It wasn't that I hated it, only that is was so bland. Even the conflicts were bland, the baddies? bland, the romance? kinda bland. Like eating a saltine cracker with no salt. I even wrote a whole review but then when I clicked submit somehow I lost it. I couldn't be bothered to write another one. I think you're right. If I would have watched this when I was younger maybe I would have seen it differently but those days are looooonnnng gone.
Among those I've dropped, there is one which stands out because I dropped it... 4 times!
I started watching My GF is a Gumiho and disliked the first half hour. Dropped it then and there.
Then I read everyone raving about it, so I told myself I had been too rush and needed to persevere: after all, Shim Min Ah is one of my favourite Korean actresses.
Took it up again, hiccupped through the first episode and... dropped it again at the second. I was beginning to ask myself what was the hype, since to me the drama seemed truly bend on stupidity.

Some months passed, I was looking for something romantic to watch, and I stumbled upon it one more time. Why not...? Korean dramas often take a long time to truly make you feel the story.
I watched 2 more episodes and while doing so, I would read the commentaries at the bottom of each episode part. "Wow, they are all laughing out loud... did I miss something?"
In the end, I very conveniently got distracted by something else and dropped it again by episode 4 or something.

I took it up again for the last time a couple of months ago and if possible the experience was even worse: somehow I was already fatally biased against it and didn't crack even a smile. I dropped it without remorse once and for all at ep. 6.
Someone told me things start to become interesting by ep. 7 or 8.
Don't care. If I have a nice chocolate cake in front of me ready to be eaten and enjoyed, why should I make a herculean labour to get to that single half eaten cinnamon cookie on top of the roof? I don't even like cinnamon!

Rate: "Thank you drama for teaching me that my time is too precious to be wasted on thing I don't like."
@Rita LOL at ur review of MGIAG i too dropped it at ep 5 & I hvnt regretted it in the slightest :D
Rest assured i hv no "droppers remorse" & will not be tempted to pick up again.
James Garcia wrote: @Rita LOL at ur review of MGIAG i too dropped it at ep 5 & I hvnt regretted it in the slightest :D
Rest assured i hv no "droppers remorse" & will not be tempted to pick up again.

To be honest I thought someone would become "herculean" on me and wring my neck... I'm glad I'm not alone: I'll call for your help in case, may I? ;););)
Rawan wrote: To be honest I thought someone would become "herculean" on me and wring my neck... I'm glad I'm not alone: I'll call for your help in case, may I? ;););)

Haha I'm a big fan of MGIAG, but don't worry. I'm not gonna wring your neck. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes about things. I never understood why people get so angry at other people just because they don't like the same things.
SunsetFragments wrote: Haha I'm a big fan of MGIAG, but don't worry. I'm not gonna wring your neck. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes about things. I never understood why people get so angry at other people just because they don't like the same things.

Oh, so you want to eat my liver instead? ;);)
Just joking, of course.:) I too don't really get it, but I think we all tend to get a little possessive towards the people and the things we love.
As long as there's no real venom involved and it is kept light and friendly, I even enjoy a little battle of tastes. :D
BATOOSTCHAN wrote: Oh, so you want to eat my liver instead? ;);)
Just joking, of course.:) I too don't really get it, but I think we all tend to get a little possessive towards the people and the things we love.
As long as there's no real venom involved and it is kept light and friendly, I even enjoy a little battle of tastes.

yes i agree with you there nothing likea good fight! Prime example I love watching Lis & Han argue over KNG its a joy to behold the insults being thrown back & forth hehehe

& ur lucky Rita the 2 biggest fans of MGIAG on this forum are SN & C4U who are both really nice/sweet girls (at least I thought they were until they started the Dramatards thread now im a little scared) :D
LOL, I dropped Gumiho pretty fast too, I did not get through the first episode... and I don't regret it.

What I do regret NOT dropping (ok, I regret starting it actually) is SMW.
SunsetFragments wrote: Haha I'm a big fan of MGIAG, but don't worry. I'm not gonna wring your neck. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes about things. I never understood why people get so angry at other people just because they don't like the same things.

Haha I'm a big fan of MGIAG, too :p I agree with you, though. Everyone has their own opinions on things and not everybody likes the same things. Just like with Seung Gi, haha, not everyone thinks he's cute or attractive or whatever but I disagree :p It's nothing to make a big deal about - we all have different tastes (: