The RANT Thread Part Deux: Back with a vengeance

This discussion has been closed.

boogerbrain95 wrote: dear ignorant kids at school, just because smoking weed, cutting classes and looking like a homeless person doesnt make you cool. so please stop trying to act like a "badass" and leave people alone. no one cares how drunk you got at a party or how much money you have, judging others doesnt make you popular, it just makes you look like a complete d-bag

At the school that I tutor at, I would say the same thing, only change it to, "You are in college; no one here cares about your personal life. If you have to talk about that with someone, you don't need to scream it across the library where students are studying. I also don't want to hear if you're using your financial aid check while dropping all of your classes. That you, as an adult, encourage such behavior, is shameful."
yes exactly!!! im barely hanging on before i explode, it just makes no sense to me at all. they should learn but they are acting like little kids. its completely ridiculous, i cant focus with all the stupid drama they make.
yankumicho wrote: At the school that I tutor at, I would say the same thing, only change it to, "You are in college; no one here cares about your personal life. If you have to talk about that with someone, you don't need to scream it across the library where students are studying. I also don't want to hear if you're using your financial aid check while dropping all of your classes. That you, as an adult, encourage such behavior, is shameful."

yes exactly!!! im barely hanging on before i explode, it just makes no sense to me at all. they should learn but they are acting like little kids. its completely ridiculous, i cant focus with all the stupid drama they make.
I am sooo grateful to you that you let me keep my promotion, despite the fact that I missed an hour of work on CHRISTMAS EVE because I had to go to the emergency room, and I missed work again 2 weeks later because of a reaction to the medicine the doctor prescribed me then. Even though I work tirelessly almost 9 hours a day with only a 30 minute break while others play and even watch movies on their phones, I really should have been fired for getting sick through no fault of my own. I am so thankful that you overlooked it this time. I promise not to ever have an unexpected illness again!
I'm done with the following types of people: --people who annoy me --people who insult my intelligence --people who call me a liar to my face --people who cause drama because their arguments aren't solid From now on, I'm just done. I wish I could move to Mars and not be bothered by stupidity.
I am not writer. You must write for college. taking writing 115. it is stressing me out and I need help from my daughter. when I talk to her on the phone there are kids in the background so I need to talk loud. and I am sorry you are sleeping at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. but really? you want me to move out because I was talking on the phone...don't you mean I am making you look like shit in front of your husband because I am still trying to live a life and you just drink and then lay around a moan for three days. You're a crappy sister.
VitalWords wrote: How can people disregard a drama without even watching it? Yes the summary may sound stupid but if anyone's realized he summaries are either a) wrong about the drama as a whole, b) have no knowledge of the actual plot or c) not even the right drama. Don't trust summaries and just watch an episode! It's what I do. Otherwise don't complain about a drama before watching it. Ugh. So ignorant.

i disregard dramas usually after watching them. however sometimes, when i know the acting in it will be poop, since i am familiar with most of the dame actors, i do not bother. what i despise the most is 'the typical' acting style that most actors have. they do not add to their role anything much and their speech is the same for every role they play. this, i just do not watch it. For me, no matter how good a plot is, acting can ruin it because it doesn't make it believable and makes me feel nothing when watching it. The moment that I feel something when watching actors, is when I stick to their dramas. In the past, when i did not know much about acting, i was watching whatever, but not anymore :3 Asuko March was one of those drama... the female lead was just NG. Hana Kimi remake too was poop.

my rant would be, about people with delusions -.- i dislike them the most! there is nothing worse for me but accidentally reading the comments of someone who is delusional. it is even worse than being ignorant >o< . Just because their head is full with things that will never happen in real life, they go ahead and find all kinds of insolid arguments to support their 'thesis' which makes me wanna puke.
So. I wrote a poem...I'm sorry. It follows all the "freaking" criteria of the "freaking me out" assignment. I am handing it in like this. I have no time to change it..it's a first draft anyway...I will make massive changes to the second draft....(i promise). What the hell is an essay anyway?
Creepers......creepers everywhere. WTF! No! Go away!
People should make a difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist because this is starting to make me mad. I am a psychiatrist for God's sake, I don't listen to people's problems in my office on a sofa because my studies are based on people's brain not their thoughts. And yes, I am a doctor who can cure patients through medical therapy and appropriate medication so stop confusing psychiatry and psychology as the same damn thing!
Aphrodity wrote: People should make a difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist because this is starting to make me mad.
To be fair, most people aren't taught the difference. I used to think it was the other way around until I was told otherwise.
Dear people on dramacrazy.com: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SUBBED EPISODES TAKING FOREVER TO COME OUT. I don't even translate dramas and I'm getting annoyed! I mean, some of you are really polite about it... and that's nice, but others just whine and moan in the comments section of every single episode. Really, guys, really?! Is that even necessary? We get it, you want subtitles. How about, instead of whining in comments, you drop the drama title as a suggestion in a fansub group's suggestion box for future projects or something? I don't mean spam the hell out of them, because jfc, they're doing this for free, stop being rude. But, you know, the comments section of dramacrazy... do you really expect anything to come from that? I was just hoping to chat with people who enjoyed the episodes as much as I did and instead all I found were complaints about the subtitles not being out fast enough. Episodes one through three are subbed, but considering peoples' comments on how 'slow' the subbers were, all I can think now is if they dropped the project good on them cause you commenters are jerks. Oh, and by the way "OMG is that hard to sub 30 min episode?" person: YES, IT ****ING IS. I've only ever done translation (and only for manga volumes) and it takes a hell of a long time. So, please, unless you're going to be polite (or you're going to offer your services translating, proofing, timing, etc, etc), or not going to mention the lack of subs at all, just shut up already. Damn. Also, if, once you have subtitles, you're complaining about the grammar/spelling mistakes within those subs... you can change this. You can. Offer your services as a proof reader/editor... just try, you might get in and you could be involved in the process of making your beloved series available to more people. If you can't, just politely let the group know that there were a few mistakes or something. Just don't forget that they're humans, and not robots built only to sub your beloved dramas. Anyway, this rant is getting long and I should be sleeping, so I think I'll leave this as it is. Ah, comments like these make me wish I didn't have to watch my dramas online... I'd even deal with commercial breaks. In fact, commercial breaks would be more tolerable. Oh well.
hisuiai wrote: Dear people on dramacrazy.com:
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SUBBED EPISODES TAKING FOREVER TO COME OUT. I don't even translate dramas and I'm getting annoyed!

AMEN! I was just ranting in my head about this. It will get subbed when it gets subbed. Do something productive on the side. Geez. Like Killing Sims 3 people or doing homework. XD
Aphrodity wrote: People should make a difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist because this is starting to make me mad.
I am a psychiatrist for God's sake, I don't listen to people's problems in my office on a sofa because my studies are based on people's brain not their thoughts.
And yes, I am a doctor who can cure patients through medical therapy and appropriate medication so stop confusing psychiatry and psychology as the same damn thing!

hisuiai wrote: To be fair, most people aren't taught the difference. I used to think it was the other way around until I was told otherwise.

You're both right, there's a huge difference between a psychiatrist who study in med school then take Psychiatry as a major and a psychologist who study for three years at best. Furthermore, Psychiatrists are doctors who deal with medical treatment of mental health disorders while psychologists deal with behavior issues.
I also disllike that many peope can't tell the difference ;)

Now my rant, today I heard that a professor of mine is getting cut out of his chirurgical duties for a few month since a widow went to court because her husband's died in a surgery.
People, you need to stop this stupid acts! I know that losing a dear person is hard but in this case, her husband has immunity deficiency so they were told that this surgery is highly dangerous and very precise therefore, doctors gave it 85% chance but they agreed and accepted the dangerous facts. Sadly, her husband died and that's life! It wasn't because of a medical mistake because I watched that surgery from above and everyone in the medical field would know my professor's skills; He's the most skilled surgeon in this field not only in our country but also overseas which made many people request him for their surgeries including her husband!
Now, I can't seem to understand why is she making this fuss, she was too hysterical back then but I thought she would calm down with time but that doesn't seem to happen and now she's seeking trouble with the most skillful surgeon and the dearest professor in med school. What? Did she think that this is a fairytale where the 15% will win over the 85%? That doesn't happen a lot in the medical world you know and your husband requested my professor for this surgery so why are you making a big fuss about it?
I really dislike that not only because she's messing with us but also, it will make her suffer too. It's not like he's coming back to life if you do this you know.
I will absolutely choose a major far away from surgery, I don't have the brain to deal with people like this and I won't allow anyone to mess with my career like that!!
CheerfulSoul wrote: Now my rant, today I heard that a professor of mine is getting cut out of his chirurgical duties for a few month since a widow went to court because her husband's died in a surgery.
People, you need to stop this stupid acts! I know that losing a dear person is hard but in this case, her husband has immunity deficiency so they were told that this surgery is highly dangerous and very precise therefore, doctors gave it 85% chance but they agreed and accepted the dangerous facts. Sadly, her husband died and that's life! It wasn't because of a medical mistake because I watched that surgery from above and everyone in the medical field would know my professor's skills; He's the most skilled surgeon in this field not only in our country but also overseas which made many people request him for their surgeries including her husband!
Now, I can't seem to understand why is she making this fuss, she was too hysterical back then but I thought she would calm down with time but that doesn't seem to happen and now she's seeking trouble with the most skillful surgeon and the dearest professor in med school. What? Did she think that this is a fairytale where the 15% will win over the 85%? That doesn't happen a lot in the medical world you know and your husband requested my professor for this surgery so why are you making a big fuss about it?
I really dislike that not only because she's messing with us but also, it will make her suffer too. It's not like he's coming back to life if you do this you know.
I will absolutely choose a major far away from surgery, I don't have the brain to deal with people like this and I won't allow anyone to mess with my career like that!!
She's grieving though... I understand your frustration, but even though the chance her husband would survive was 15% there was still that chance so of course she's upset he didn't make it.
Also, if your professor is brilliant as you say he is, then she might have also held him to a higher standard as to which outcome she was expecting from the surgery. Either way, she's grieving; she just lost her husband. She probably feels like she needs to do something for him, maybe?