Szasha wrote: 猿渡 Saruwatari (monkey on a crossing bridge) 千秋 Chiaki (very fine in autumn)

*drops dead*

LOL mine ~> 猿渡 Saruwatari (monkey on a crossing bridge) 弓美 Yumi (beautiful bow, as in bow and arrow)
u can take the monkey i'll keep yumi :D

エイミ <- direct translation easy name :o
nekoblah wrote: LOL mine ~> 猿渡 Saruwatari (monkey on a crossing bridge) 弓美 Yumi (beautiful bow, as in bow and arrow)
u can take the monkey i'll keep yumi :D

エイミ <- direct translation easy name :o

Thanks a lot. :p Just be careful that you don't find an arrow stuck in your throat one day... Your real name's Amy then?
SHIRUVIA I tried to copy the japanese characters too but this is what it says lol ?Sylvia? in Japanese characters
I have absolutely no idea what my name (Jaana) would be in Japanese but I would like to know. :)
My name is Anasha... it doesn't have one for me. :(
Avaruus wrote: I have absolutely no idea what my name (Jaana) would be in Japanese but I would like to know. :)

There's a fun name generator here.

PandaBearTrio wrote: My name is Anasha... it doesn't have one for me. :(

It does! I just tried it. It's 山下 Yamashita (under the mountain) 七帆 Nanaho (seventh sail) or you can simply write it in Katakana as well.
This is what I got from the name generator.. 藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 弓美 Yumi (beautiful bow, as in bow and arrow)
Szasha wrote: Thanks a lot. :p Just be careful that you don't find an arrow stuck in your throat one day... Your real name's Amy then?

OMGGGG evilllllllll its called a beautiful bow for a reason :[
nekoblah wrote: OMGGGG evilllllllll its called a beautiful bow for a reason :[

Just kidding, honourable member of the monkeyhood. :p
I go by バン Well. Even sometimes without being in Japanese class. I respond to anything sounding remotely plausible when u put Ban together.
andcueepiecosity wrote: i like sumire. if i were u i would just go with that. at the end of the day u will always be violet whether in english or japanese. that's kinda kool. unlike the rest of us who can't get the meaning of our name or pronounciation directly translated.

I like it very much too ^^ As I sometimes meet Japanese people and have to give them a name, I either give them my shortened name, and ask them to call me Manoo-chan (which they usually don't in the beginning and start trying to say my full name with -san, which will sound Manooshak-san, and fail miserably, LOL) so I give them Sumire as the alternative, which they are more comfortable with ^^ Though my Japanese friends start calling me Manoo-chan after some time of asking them not to try and call me by my full name :p
PaydayTal wrote: ooh isn't Sumire the name of the lead in Kimi wa Petto?

Yes, it is ^^

And I got 浜野 Hamano (seaside field) 久美子 Kumiko (eternal beautiful child)...
hihi~ luuuv it~
The first link makes me a "KAAROTTA" which is even weirder than my actual name. :O The second makes me: 護 Kago (increasing protection) 千秋 Chiaki (very fine in autumn) That's okay. ^^
that's my name in Japanese ^^ アンナ