I had ramyun once, it was so good! I've always wanted to have a traditional Korean meal, sitting on the floor etc. :D
Hi people, I want to try for the first time to cook and eat Korean! This is the first time I'll try that and I want to try to convince my family that the Korean food is good. We are a Tunisian family and my father is hard enough to convince eat food other than usual. I want something simple but super good. Of course something not too hard and fast to cook. I get course so I'm tired and I do not have much time to spend hours in the kitchen. With a desert too if possible ... If someone have some recipe advise me
Ahahh thanks ! If you have some recipe advise me
there should already be a Korean food thread in the General Korea section of the forums. I'll go check.

*edit* Yup, here it is: http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?100-Korean-food

You should check it out, there are a ton of posts.
I live 5 blocks away from a big Korean neighborhood in Colorado and I always drive by at least 10 Korean BBQ restaurants, but I have NEVER tasted any Korean food. I really want to try some Korean street food like that fish on a stick that I often see in K-dramas (I don't remember what it's called). I wonder if they would have those at a Korean BBQ.
Bulgogi is the Korean BBQ that you spoke of and it's awesome! Kimbap is so easy to make and it's veggies, sooo good. Kimchi is time consuming to make but it's not difficult at all. If you don't feel like investing the time/money into doing it, you can always buy Kimchi premade in jars... several good Korean brands out there. Find a good Asian market near you and you'll find it for sure :) Seaweed soup is REALLY good too, but Hangover soup is even better... well, the Dried Pollok version LOL. I'm not a big fan of congealed blood which is in the beef and pork versions usually.
@Se-Kyung0209 If you go to a good liquor store, they'll have Soju... do NOT buy the Ty Ku brand, it's overpriced and is the Japanese version of Soju. Korean soju is made with Sweet Potatoes, Tapioca and Rice. Japanese soju is made with Barley. HUGE difference in taste. There is a brand that is simply called Original. Usually runs about $8 a bottle in the US and is awesome. The largest difference between the two is that Korean soju, after the first couple of shots, really leaves a sweet aftertaste while the Japanese one does not. And you really can drink an entire bottle in one night easy so stock up LOL
Thanks Sleepy. Thread is now closed.
Does anyone have recipes for Congee aka Jook aka Chook aka Rice porridge?

Favorite garnishes for the Congee aka Jook aka Chook aka Rice porridge?

Information on:

Congee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia read at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congee

You tiao crisp chinese crullers 油條 read at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youtiao

Century egg read to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
Sick man's version. I normally make mine with vegetable broth, eggs and wakame, though I did make it with a few times with sweet potatoes, summer squash and green onion (though not all at the same time). I also have a tendency to throw in a half cup of red lentils just because I like the flavor :)

Usually I add some soy sauce, a little bit of Thai red pepper sauce, black sesame seeds and (if I have it made already) tofu bulgogi.
There are some food that I want to try over here where I live but some none have them :c 1. ddukbokki 2. Jjajangmyun I've tried Bibimbap it was okay to me. Like it tasted weird at first but once you chew it up an such you just want more.
I've already eaten various Korean dishes at restaurants and also made a few myself. Still, there are dishes I can't find at restaurants: ddeokbokki for example! I already tried it myself once but I think I used the wrong rice cakes. Now I bought the right ones but I haven't used them yet. 
I would like to try ddeokbokki somewhere before I make them myself tho :/
I wanted to try korean cuisine soo much c: And last week I had finally the chance to do so. In my country there are very few Korean restaurants and when I was having holidays and went to Paris, I found a Korean restaurant and I ate Bibimbap with Beef for the very first time! It was so tasty and the servers were very friendly. I even threw some k-drama learnt words around and they complimented me politely on my pronunciation (I think they are just too friendly and they would even compliment a tourist with the worst Korean because they are so nice ^^). Our server was so surprised and happy when I said I tried to learn Korean. It gave me motivation to learn further! I was so happy that I finally could eat Bibimbap, but sadly I only could try this and side dishes (with Kimchi yay!). And oh god. Kimchi was soooo spicy, I only took a little but it was spicy spicy spicy. I liked it tho ^^. I' ve got a recept for "Japchae" a Korean dish, but it's very hard to find Korean ingredients in my country ^^ but I'm sure I'll try to cook it someday :D
Here are some pictures:

Bibimbap                                                                               Japchae
29091_l.jpgoimg_GC04016722_CA04016728.jpg
(these are not my pictures)
spring-grill-house.jpg
Craving some Korean Bar-B-Que.