I recently realized that some of my favorite dramas are those that I first dismissed after giving them a cursory glance.  Later I gave them a try because I was in a drama slump and desperate for something to watch and discovered they were amazing.  This makes me wonder how many awesome dramas I have passed on.... Here are some examples:

Secret Garden-This didn't seem that appealing to me because I don't love dramas were the girl is disguised as a guy and so I thought the body swap thing between the leads wouldn't be up my alley either.  I finally gave it a try because everyone always recommends it and I do like Hyun Bin. 

Faith-The synopsis sounded kind of "eh" to me so I passed but much later after watching Personal Taste I was in a Lee Min Ho kind of mood and decided to give it a try---I am so glad I did, I love this drama!

Masters Sun-I kept reading things that described this as horror and I don't enjoy horror at all so I avoided it, but it kept coming up again and again in recommendation discussions and people kept naming it as an all time favorite so one night when I didn't have anything else to watch I gave it a shot.  The ghosts can be a bit off putting but I wouldn't classify this as horror; this drama was instantly a favorite for me that I have watched and re-watched. 

Sungkyunkwan Scandal-Again, I don't like the girl disguised as a boy plot but I was looking for a fun period drama to watch and this kept coming up so I gave it a chance--I wish I had watched it a lot sooner, it's amazing! 

Are there any dramas you thought you wouldn't like but then changed your mind after giving them a try?

Queen In Hyun's Man!! I'm not a fan of historical dramas at all but I gave it a shot when I was bored out of my mind and it's ended up being one of my all time fave dramas -_-
Pasta. The sypnosis didn't convince me well but my sister insisted that it's fun and adorable. I'm glad I listen to her, I loved it
Scent of a Woman. I knew it's going to be a tear jerking drama so I tried to avoid it but in the end, I watched it. Beautiful and emotional drama. Kim Sun Ah really nailed it
School 2013. Hmm, no romance. Not interested. And I regret not watching in sooner. I should've known as long as there's Lee Jong Suk any drama will be awesome
Bad Guys -  I wasn't expecting much but it was a really good police drama. I could predict some things but as they made sense, I didn't mind. Surprisingly enough, the lack of romance didn't bother me either. I read OCN has a lot of seasons 2 so I hope it will be the case for this one as well.

Dream High - I started watching it out of boredom but discovered what a great actor Kim Soo Hyun is after seing him in this drama. I had previously watched You Who Came from the Stars. I though he was ok but his character didn't show many emotions unlike in Dream High so I couldn't tell.

I Hear Your Voice - I didn't want to watch it because it was about lawyers. Usually, I find lawyers dramas quite boring but this one fells more like a police drama. It ended up being one of my all-time favourites. I mean it's a fantasy, noona romantic comedy, police drama ! The perfect mix.

Kill Me, Heal Me -  First, I didn't want to watch a drama where one of the main character had a disease. I though it would be sad throughout the drama. Then, for some unknown reason, I still started watching "Jekyll, Hyde and Me" (also about DID). I was rooting for it and din't want to give KMHM a try yet. Later, when I started KMHM, I wasn't that much into it at first. I though the actors exagerated their play quite often. But as the story unfolded, I rased my rating significantly from a 7 to a 10. Once you get used to their characters and focus on the story, it truly is interesting. And just like I Hear Your Voice, this one is now one of my all-time favourites.

Romance (2002) - I didn't even rated it that high but I just kept watching it again and again. I made a review about this one. I rated it 7 but could have rated it 9 if the plot was written diffferently. Maybe that's why. It's a male student / female teacher relashionship drama, focused on the taboo side of the story... at first at least.
Now if this was the opposite way around, I'd have something to go by. I don't tend to venture into a drama that I think I will hate as it's a waste of time, in my opinion. The only exception I can think of is Incomplete Life. I thought that drama was going to be terribly boring when I started it, but I started it anyway because I was needing something to pass by time. I don't regret picking that one up needless to say.
Coffee Prince - I hated it the first time I watched it, by I watched it a second time, and it became one of my favorite dramas
Queen In Hyun's Man! I initially started watching the first episode but it didnt pique my interest.... A few months later is started watching it again and omg.... like what the hell was i thinking!? Queen In Hyuns Man was one of the best dramas i have watched! 
'Soredemo ikite yuku', 'Secret love affair' and 'Padam padam'. Tried to watch them other years, tried 2-3 times, but dropped every time. Recently tried again and loved, especially SIY and SLA.

Also It's Okay That's Love, Bad Guys
Secret Garden - wasn't too sure if I liked the sound of the synopsis at first, but after watching the first couple of episodes I was HOOKED!

Master's Sun and Secret Garden I just thought that the female lead is not attractive. But after I tried to watch the first episode i become addictive with both dramas. They're just soooo good. And now the female lead is vert attractive to me lol
King2Hearts: I put this one on my PTW list and took it off many times before I ended up giving it a try. Turned out to be one of my favorites

School 2013: Always heard good things but wasn't very interested because of the lack of romance. Big mistake.

Bride of the Century: Idr why I didn't want to watch this one but it's another one I ended up loving. 
You From Another Star - I wouldn't say I loved it, but at the end of it I didn't think I had wasted my time as much as I expected to. It wasn't a perfect drama, but a pleasant enough watch. 

I remember when my friend NinaJade82 convinced me to watch Golden Empire back in 2013. I was sceptical because the plot didn't sound very engaging to me and I like having some romance in any drama I watch. This is not mandatory, but it's definitely preferred. Golden Empire had a love line that was hinted at, but not developed, even slightly. I knew this going in and that made my expectations even lower. Finally, I only agreed to watch it because Go Soo was in it and well, I LOVE him. I'm not sure I expected to hate it, but I was sure this wasn't going to be a drama for me. I ended up loving it. It is the best K-drama I've seen to date (and I've been watching dramas since 2012).

I was also sure I was going to hate It Started with a Kiss & They Kiss Again because everyone said the female lead was weak, stupid and too much of a doormat. I watched the dramas and ended up loving them! They were cute and lighthearted and I did not perceive the female lead in the way everyone else did. I thought she had her strengths and her weaknesses just like everyone else. In fact, I liked the story so much that I went ahead and watched the J-version too. I liked it a lot less than the T-version. I haven't watched the K-version because I hate the guy who plays the male lead. Knowing he's an abusive jerk in real life would make me feel uncomfortable watching him in a role like this.

the moon that embraces the sun
i always believed saeguk is not my thing. but it started to grew on me slowly

also 
coffee prince
that was my first gender bender. i was skeptical about whole premise. weird totally. but i was hooked from first episode. yoon eun hye and gong yoo totally won over me. now gender bender is my thing. i dont mind to give it a try if actors are good enough

ugly duckling series perfect match
the plot seems to be childish for me, after watching it  I changed my opinion. its not like i loved it. but it was ok one for me.