Rourou

She's on Duty
19 of 19 people found this review helpful
Jun 18, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was attracted by the synopsis and the lead actors so I decided to give it a try without any sort of expectations.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This film's story wasn't special but it was interesting to watch, the general concept was something that would make you attracted.

Positive points:

*This is the type of story that fits the majority of viewers because it has an appealing concept. read more *Main Genres:

--->Action: it was present in many moments and many turns; this element made the film enjoyable (I wouldn't imagine myself watching the movie if there wasn't this element) plus the action scenes were nicely made and very believable.

--->Humor: this film was hilarious but not too funny so don't get your hopes too high. Funny scenes were present every once in a while which made the storyline lighter.

Negative points:

--->Romance: it wasn't heavily present, actually we don't get to see a lot of romance in this film, it was superficial and not very interesting (except a little at the end). However, it doesn't ruin the general story but I can't possibly call this "A romantic film".

Story: 8.5/10

*Gong Yoo:
This actor's films/dramas are always interesting to watch. Here, it wasn't any different; his role was a "cool" role that kept things enjoyable. His action scenes were nice too: great kicking skills.
Speaking about the character, I would say that Kang No-young's personality was sometimes mysterious and indifferent yet it can become warm and caring at some other points.

*Kim Sun Ah:
In my Dictionary, she has always been a good actress who knows how to deliver emotions. Here, I saw decent acting skills and some nice action moves.
The character was the strong girl type, it was really funny sometimes and super serious at other times. Chun Jae-in's school girl mode was greatly done, I liked everything she have done as a high school girl especially the way she reacted with her surroundings.

*Other Cast: The acting wasn't bad plus the choice of characters was nicely done that's why I have no complains about the supporting roles.

*Relationships:

--->Friendship : I liked that concept here even though it wasn't that deep but it was good enough to make you interested.
--->Chun Jae-in's relationships with her uncle and the police departement members was hilarious sometimes and enjoyable most of the time.
--->Romance: Due to lack of romance in the storyline, there weren't much chemistry to talk about.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 9/10

4) The ending:

The romance was fixed in the end but this was your usual rom-com ending; the sort of ending that anyone would love to see on screen.

The ending: 8/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

The feelings I had while watching this:
*Some anticipating moments since I wanted to know what will happen next.
*Some excitement moments during action scenes.
*Entertainement moments were included too.
*I don't think there were any boring moments during the film; only some slow moments but they didn't last for long.

*Is this film memorable: yes, I think it can be considered as a memorable film although it isn't special.

My impresion: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you like action films with a slight of romance then you may want to watch this.
*If you like strong female leads and cool male leads then this is for you.
*If you're into undercover films then you would like this.

Overall: 8.5/10.
Sophie's Revenge
22 of 23 people found this review helpful
May 18, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I don't usually watch Chinese rom-coms but this one slipped away when I was watching too many romantic comedies.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story isn't something special or new but the way everything was mixed together made the film's story interesting somehow.

Positive points:

*The film's introduction was a good intro for what will happen next.
*There were two well-written twits that you don't usually find read more in romantic comedies stories: that was a nice change.
*Leads mixture was really cool even though it wasn't that intense.
*Finally and most importantly, there were several hilarious moments to make the film lighter.

Negative points:

*Although there were a respectable amount of negative points but I will only mention that the revenge plot wasn't that great, it would have been much better if it was written otherwise.

Story: 7.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Zhang Ziyi: It was a surprise to see her in a rom-com film since I only saw her in Wuxia productions before. I was convinced by her acting but I can't say the same about her character.
*Other actors were good too, they knew how to make it really enjoyablespecially Fan Bing Bing she grasped the evil role perfectly but So Ji Sub was a disappointement here (mainly because I rarely like Korean actors in Chinese or Taiwanese productions).

*The chemistry was believable but not that enjoyable.

Acting: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

Although it could have been much better but script writers chose to make it expected. It wasn't bad overall.

The ending: 7/10.

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*Although it wasn't a special film, it was entertaining and I had fun while watching it.
*Considering the fact that I don't watch Chinese romantic comedies, this was pretty good.

My impression 7/10.

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you would like this.
*Ifyou like revenge plots then don't expect much from this.

Overall: 7/10.
Love in Disguise
28 of 30 people found this review helpful
May 4, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I was looking for an idol film so I end up wayching this.

2-Storyline/Plot : Many would think that the story of an idol falling for a normal girl is so common and cheesy but this film story took a different level since it focused on finding a soulmate through music so the plot's setting was sort of unique. However, the romantic side wasn't satisfying since read more the story's development didn't focus on many important elements.
The music in here was amazing: a combination between classical Chinese music and the modern Chinese pop; I don't really focus on any film/drama's music while watching especially Chinese ones but the music felt like a deep core in this film. Great job!!

3-Acting/Cast : Wang Leehom has done everything here: playing the dorkey, the famous, the smart, the dumb; he did a great job indeed.
The lead actress succeeded in playing the innocent simple character; The cast was good enough and the acting was satisfying.

4-The ending : A typical rom-com ending; nothing special about it.

5-My Impression: Whan I started watching this film, I didn't have any expectations for it but later on I surprised myself by liking it plus I was literally blown by the music, I never thought that it could've been that great.

6-Overall : If you're rom-com lover then you would like this.
If you like idol shows then you need to watch this.
If you like classical or modern Chinese music then you would love this.
If you like Wang Leehom then you really need to watch this.
Too Beautiful to Lie
20 of 21 people found this review helpful
Jun 21, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I remember watching this film in a "Friends night", I wasn't the one who chose it but I appreciated the choice.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking,the film's story wasn't original or great but the script writers knew how to get the audience intention.

Positive Points:

*This film is directed to any type of audience since it has the elements that would keep most of viewers attracted.

*Main read more Genres:

--->Humor: It made this film cool and light plus laughter scenes were so diversified and frequently present especially at the beginning. It's the type of humor that keeps you expecting more, the funny scenes were hilarious especially for those who like comedy because when you don't laugh, you would be smiling.
Even though this genre wasn't present in the middle or near the end but it's considered as highly satisfying.

--->Romance: Since it's a romantic comedy, the romance was fair enough to the film's genre. I wouldn't say it's the most attractive romantic story but it was acceptable enough to consider it as a positive point.

Negative Points:

*I will mention that some situations were badly expressed in a way that would make you think that story lacked something.
*There were some blank moments during the film.
*The story wasn't really that special nor very captivating, it's the humor that gave it charm.

Story: 7/10.

*Kang Dong Won:

I am always amazed by this actor's skills, charisma and the way he portrays his roles. Here he was a little different from his other productions but I would say that this film proved his amazing acting skils since he can adjust to any character.
Speaking about the character, I would say that it has the kind of naive personality but it gave me good laughter moments. I wouldn't judge Choi Hee Cheol deeply because its actions were set by the story so I rather praising Kang Dong Won acting.

*Kim Ha Neul:

I am sort of used to her roles, this actress is predictable somehow. Here, it wasn't any different but her way of expressing the character was appreciated. However, I have to admit that her way in portraying the role was a little weird at first then as the film went on everything was set smoothly.
The character is one of those independent females. Ju Yeongju lies and professional pretens made the character appealing and enjoyable most of the time plus it was really convincing.

*Other cast: most of them were acceptable exept Ju Yeongju friends, they were really annoying to watch. I speacially liked the grandmother, she was really funny because of the line that she always say.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: I wouldn't say there was a great chemistry here but it's all due to the storyline.

--->The leads relationship with the family and the village members: it was really cool to watch; it was sort of heartwarming and great to see how everyone treats each other.

Acting: 8.5/10

4) The ending:

It was predictable yet cool.

Then ending: 7/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was giggling with my friends almost most of the time, it was fun.
*There weren't a lot of boring moments plus it was entertaining.

*Is this film memorable : If I will keep any memory of it, that would be because of the funny moments that I had while watching this film.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you may want to watch this.
*If you would like to laugh then this is for you.
*If you're looking for an entertaining film to pass time with then watch this.

Overall: 7.5/10.
Hot Summer Days
12 of 12 people found this review helpful
Apr 25, 2012
1-The reason i watched this : i was so bored then i found this movie so i decided to watch it in a try to cheer up but i end up getting even more bored, i was mostly attracted by the numerous stories .

2-Storyline/Plot : At first i thought that the story of the movie is going to make me love it since it have 5 diffrent love stories in summer read more but i was wrong i end up hating it, i usually fall for movies with numerous stories but this movie's story wasn't that good it was fair not the kind of story that will grasp your attention from the first moment.

3-Acting/Cast : the only strength point in this movie; it got some great actors that knows how to deliver feelings.

4-Music : i don't actually remember it so it got to be that bad.

5-Rewatch value : i couldn't stand watching it once and kept skipping some parts how about rewatching it i must be crazy if i do so.

6-The ending : the kind of ending that everyone want to see, i was expecting it anyway so there isn't much to tell about it because i hate it when i expect the ending and it turn out to be the same as my expectations. I was hoping that they will surprise me or something yet what i was anticipating actually happened.

7-Overall : i won't say watch it or not because that's up to you but if you're bored and looking for a movie to cheer up please avoid this movie, i really regret wasting my time on; it so not worth watching.
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do
18 of 19 people found this review helpful
Apr 19, 2012
One of the first kmovies that I've seen.
Well, i can't deny that I watched it because of Jang Geun Seok since I loved his previous roles in dramas; in this movie I got to see a different side of him, the other cast were good too.
The story was fair enough; there was music, friendship, love , joy, sadness and a lot of heartwarming moments, if you're a teary person you'd read more definitely cry in many moments of the film.
Anyway, the movie have a love triangle the kind that will make you feel sorry for the one who loses at the end. Although, I didn't like the ending but it wasn't a sad ending.
It was a good film overall but my advice is: don't watch it with prejudices or high expectations, it will be much better that way.
Seducing Mr. Perfect
21 of 23 people found this review helpful
May 9, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

At the time, I needed something cliche to watch so this seemed to be the right option.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Well, it wasn't that special or original, it's one of the common rom-com stories that you can find anywhere but it wasn't boring.

Positive points:

*Funny moments mixed with romantic moments along with serious moments made this film appealing somehow.
*The seduction element was somehow hilarious and read more childish which excludes blank moments during the story's development.

Negative points:

*This is your usual rom-com so don't expect anything special from it since it had all the cheesy-cliche moments that you probably saw before.

Story: 5.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Henney Daniel: his presence made this film very interesting to watch plus he was speaking good English not the sort of English that would hurt your ears. I am going to be subjective about his acting because all I saw there was only looks and *inser shallow feelings*.

*Uhm Jung Hwa's peformance wasn't bad but the role didn't fit her age, there were serious age probems in this film.
*Anyway, the chemistry was acceptable so no hard feelings about the acting department.

Cast: 6/10
Acting: 4.5/10

4) The ending:

This was your typical rom-com ending but I have to say that I didn't appreciate the final scene.

The ending: 7.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I had fun while watching this film mainly because of Daniel which means my shallow feelings took over while watching this plus it's one of the fewest rom-com films that I rewatch sometimes only for my shallow feelings.

My impression: 8.5/10

6)Overall:

*If u like rom-coms then you would like this.
*If you want to watch a good looking male lead then this is for you.

Overall: 6.5/10
Sad Love Story
25 of 28 people found this review helpful
Apr 6, 2012
OMG i remember this as the first Kdrama that i've ever watched; it was on tv when i was like 12 or something like that. It got me hooked up from the very start, a great story indeed even though i don't like sad love stories or sadness itself but this one is the only exception that i ever made. The story is an extreme masterpiece and the cast was perfect each read more and every one of them; they are great actors. The music is like a WOW, i can't get tired of rewatching it, this was the only drama that i shed tears for and felt a total sorrow after its ending. It's an unforgettable drama with perfect events so close to reality that i felt each and every second of it. One of the greatest dramas ever!
Hana Yori Dango Special
17 of 19 people found this review helpful
Apr 22, 2012
To start with the summary is wrong bcz this special isn't about Makino's parents going to NY or the rest of it, this special was released after season 2 to introduce the final movie and it also includes a mini performance by the Arashi boys so this is like a promote to the movie. At the beginning, There were the moments where F4 and Makino were toghether yet there wasn't actually a read more story to talk about but u get to see the characters all over again, i believe that itself worth the watch!
U need to watch this before the final movie, if u already watched the movie then there's no need to watch it bcz like a said it's between the drama and the final movie.
Love in Space
16 of 18 people found this review helpful
Jun 9, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

This film has been in one of my collections for over a year and I really have no idea why it was there. Anyway, I just decided to watch it having no idea what's its theme or main actors. At first, I thought it was a Korean film but when it started I realized that it was a Chinese film. I had second thoughts but I read more watched it anyway.

2) Storyline/Plot:

It's a multiple stories film; the sort of production that usually sound appealing to me because you would feel diversity and lack of blank moments.

Positive points:

*Three sisters, three love stories and three different places.
*The way all the three stories were combined together was pretty well done.
*Watching the three stories at the same time was fun since you would watching one while anticipating what will happen in the other one, that was sort of cool.
*Even though the three female leads belongs to the same family but there were great differences which was one of the positive points that counts for the storyline.

Negative points:

*It may feel rushed sometimes.
*One of the stories didn't feel as deep as the other ones: there was a little disorder there.
*I still don't agree with the title "love in space" because only one story happened in space while the rest was located on earth: it felt a little unfair.
*This is not a unique storyline so don't expect a lot of depth, just enjoy another typical rom-com.

Story: 6.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Generally speaking the cast was pretty good considering the fact that I am only familiar with two actors here.
The chemistry was enjoyable and captivating.
The second sister was annoying as a character but the general acting was actually cool.

Acting: 8/10

4) The ending:

Two stories were combined at the end; that was kind of cool .
The ending was nice, not intense, a little light.
It was a typical rom-com ending that anyone would love to see on screen.

The ending: 8/10

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*Considering the fact that I am not a fan of Chinese romantic comedies, this was pretty cool.
*It's not one of the best romantic comedies that I've seen but it was a decent way to pass time with since it was exempt from boring moments.

My impression: 7/10

6) Overall:

*If you're rom-com lover then you would like this.
*Don't expect much from the film's title.

Overall 7.5/10.
High School Debut
12 of 13 people found this review helpful
Apr 7, 2012
I watched this film when I had nothing better to do without high expectations or anything that's why I think it was fair enough.
I am familiar with the lead actor; I've seen and liked him in several dramas before. However, I was introduced to the lead female through this drama but Mizobata Junpei was the reason of my liking.
The story of makeover is known but somehow, I felt it was read more more captivating here.
This is a highly recommandable films for rom-com fans.
Buzzer Beat
15 of 17 people found this review helpful
Apr 8, 2012
To start with, I completed this drama in two which means that I really liked it; It was one of the greatest Jdramas out there.
I liked the cast; There were Yamapi and Kitagawa Keiko as leads: I really like those two plus their chemistry was perfect in this drama.
Mixing sports with romance, friendship and sacrifices was so cool even though we didn't see a lot of basketball during the drama read more but there was many interesting events.
The music was nice i remember it until now! Buzzer Beat is a drama that left a great impression within me.
It doesn't matter if you're sports fan or not, give it a go and you'il like it!
Zettai Kareshi Special
17 of 20 people found this review helpful
Apr 5, 2012
If you already watched the drama, you will probably be disappointed in the special. I didn't like the drama's ending so I thought that the special will fix it and probably make it up for that unsatisfying ending but no the special wasn't any better, it even made me angry and regretful for watching it : another open ending with a non special story made me want to finish it quickly and read more get over with it.
This isn't what you're looking for and don't dream to have a better ending than the one from the drama!
Playful Kiss YouTube Edition
22 of 27 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

I already watched the drama then I found this YouTube Edition later on. I was unsure what to expect but I watched it anyway.

2)Storyline/Plot:

I would say they fixed some of the missing parts in the drama since the story felt unfinished back then.

Positive points:

*Unlike the drama, these short episodes showed us more Baek Seung Jo's love and care for Oh Ha Ni.
*There read more were Baek Seung Jo and Oh Ha Ni's normal marriage life that the drama missed while it was the core of the entire "Itazura Na Kiss" story.
*They added some cool parts that made the specials much fun.

Negative points:

It would have been much better if they made these short episodes a second season because they felt too short.

Story: 8.75/10

3)Acting/Cast:

Nothing to add from the drama, the usual cast but there are some points that I would like to mention:
*Baek Seung Jo was warmer here with a lot of affection which is something that we weren't used to in the drama but his cold attitude never disappeared.
*Oh Ha Ni had her usual foolishness although I wanted her to change that part but the needles special showed a different side of her: it was a great special.
*Baek Seung Jo's mom and brother were cute as usual.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 8/10

4)The ending:

This ending was better than the drama's ending; it felt well-done even though I wanted more.

The ending: 8.75/10

5) My Impression (How did it affect me):

*It was fun but it was too short that I couldn't enjoy them enough.
*I kept recalling Itazura Na Kiss's story and comparing it with these specials, even though it wasn't very close but it was fair enough.
*I finished all the specials in one go, I really hoped they would make it a little longer.

My Impression: 8.5/10

6)Overall:

*If you watched the drama than you need to watch this.
*If you haven't seen the drama then don't watch this.

Overall: 8.75/10.
Paradise Farm
20 of 25 people found this review helpful
Apr 29, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I had nothing better to do at that time, I had about 50 dramas choices but I end up watching this after seeing five minutes drama's preview.

2-Storyline/Plot : The drama's background was one of the kind since I haven't seen any other dramas in a ranch before.
As for the story, I don't believe it was any special because there are tons of dramas and read more films about a former married couple. However, it was kind of cool to see how fate can mess with their hearts and bring them back together under hard circumstances .
Certainly, there were too many slow and boring moments in this drama (especially in the middle) so I had to skip many parts in order to make events go faster.

3-Acting/Cast : The lead male and the second lead female were the shallow reason that made me finish this drama. Lee Yeon Hee has always been a good actress for me but her character was really annoying to watch.
The supporting roles weren't that great plus the second lead female was the usual dumb character that we find in other Korean productions.

4-Music : It was a normal drama's music, I don't really remember it because it wasn't that special.

5-Rewatch value : No, I don't believe it's rewatchable.

6-The ending : Kind of cool, i was expecting more and i wished it lasted a little but anyway it was nicely done.

7-How did it affect me : No special feelings while i was watching this, i was just following the events. Even after it ended, i didn't have any kind of feelings for it but it wasn't that forgettable either.

8-Overall : This drama isn't brilliant or special in any aspect; only the ranch element was appealing.

Dec 31, 1969