Rourou

Sophie's Revenge
22 of 23 people found this review helpful
May 18, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I don't usually watch Chinese rom-coms but this one slipped away when I was watching too many romantic comedies.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story isn't something special or new but the way everything was mixed together made the film's story interesting somehow.

Positive points:

*The film's introduction was a good intro for what will happen next.
*There were two well-written twits that you don't usually find read more in romantic comedies stories: that was a nice change.
*Leads mixture was really cool even though it wasn't that intense.
*Finally and most importantly, there were several hilarious moments to make the film lighter.

Negative points:

*Although there were a respectable amount of negative points but I will only mention that the revenge plot wasn't that great, it would have been much better if it was written otherwise.

Story: 7.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Zhang Ziyi: It was a surprise to see her in a rom-com film since I only saw her in Wuxia productions before. I was convinced by her acting but I can't say the same about her character.
*Other actors were good too, they knew how to make it really enjoyablespecially Fan Bing Bing she grasped the evil role perfectly but So Ji Sub was a disappointement here (mainly because I rarely like Korean actors in Chinese or Taiwanese productions).

*The chemistry was believable but not that enjoyable.

Acting: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

Although it could have been much better but script writers chose to make it expected. It wasn't bad overall.

The ending: 7/10.

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*Although it wasn't a special film, it was entertaining and I had fun while watching it.
*Considering the fact that I don't watch Chinese romantic comedies, this was pretty good.

My impression 7/10.

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you would like this.
*Ifyou like revenge plots then don't expect much from this.

Overall: 7/10.
Love in Disguise
28 of 30 people found this review helpful
May 4, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I was looking for an idol film so I end up wayching this.

2-Storyline/Plot : Many would think that the story of an idol falling for a normal girl is so common and cheesy but this film story took a different level since it focused on finding a soulmate through music so the plot's setting was sort of unique. However, the romantic side wasn't satisfying since read more the story's development didn't focus on many important elements.
The music in here was amazing: a combination between classical Chinese music and the modern Chinese pop; I don't really focus on any film/drama's music while watching especially Chinese ones but the music felt like a deep core in this film. Great job!!

3-Acting/Cast : Wang Leehom has done everything here: playing the dorkey, the famous, the smart, the dumb; he did a great job indeed.
The lead actress succeeded in playing the innocent simple character; The cast was good enough and the acting was satisfying.

4-The ending : A typical rom-com ending; nothing special about it.

5-My Impression: Whan I started watching this film, I didn't have any expectations for it but later on I surprised myself by liking it plus I was literally blown by the music, I never thought that it could've been that great.

6-Overall : If you're rom-com lover then you would like this.
If you like idol shows then you need to watch this.
If you like classical or modern Chinese music then you would love this.
If you like Wang Leehom then you really need to watch this.
Too Beautiful to Lie
20 of 21 people found this review helpful
Jun 21, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I remember watching this film in a "Friends night", I wasn't the one who chose it but I appreciated the choice.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking,the film's story wasn't original or great but the script writers knew how to get the audience intention.

Positive Points:

*This film is directed to any type of audience since it has the elements that would keep most of viewers attracted.

*Main read more Genres:

--->Humor: It made this film cool and light plus laughter scenes were so diversified and frequently present especially at the beginning. It's the type of humor that keeps you expecting more, the funny scenes were hilarious especially for those who like comedy because when you don't laugh, you would be smiling.
Even though this genre wasn't present in the middle or near the end but it's considered as highly satisfying.

--->Romance: Since it's a romantic comedy, the romance was fair enough to the film's genre. I wouldn't say it's the most attractive romantic story but it was acceptable enough to consider it as a positive point.

Negative Points:

*I will mention that some situations were badly expressed in a way that would make you think that story lacked something.
*There were some blank moments during the film.
*The story wasn't really that special nor very captivating, it's the humor that gave it charm.

Story: 7/10.

*Kang Dong Won:

I am always amazed by this actor's skills, charisma and the way he portrays his roles. Here he was a little different from his other productions but I would say that this film proved his amazing acting skils since he can adjust to any character.
Speaking about the character, I would say that it has the kind of naive personality but it gave me good laughter moments. I wouldn't judge Choi Hee Cheol deeply because its actions were set by the story so I rather praising Kang Dong Won acting.

*Kim Ha Neul:

I am sort of used to her roles, this actress is predictable somehow. Here, it wasn't any different but her way of expressing the character was appreciated. However, I have to admit that her way in portraying the role was a little weird at first then as the film went on everything was set smoothly.
The character is one of those independent females. Ju Yeongju lies and professional pretens made the character appealing and enjoyable most of the time plus it was really convincing.

*Other cast: most of them were acceptable exept Ju Yeongju friends, they were really annoying to watch. I speacially liked the grandmother, she was really funny because of the line that she always say.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: I wouldn't say there was a great chemistry here but it's all due to the storyline.

--->The leads relationship with the family and the village members: it was really cool to watch; it was sort of heartwarming and great to see how everyone treats each other.

Acting: 8.5/10

4) The ending:

It was predictable yet cool.

Then ending: 7/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was giggling with my friends almost most of the time, it was fun.
*There weren't a lot of boring moments plus it was entertaining.

*Is this film memorable : If I will keep any memory of it, that would be because of the funny moments that I had while watching this film.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you may want to watch this.
*If you would like to laugh then this is for you.
*If you're looking for an entertaining film to pass time with then watch this.

Overall: 7.5/10.
Hot Summer Days
12 of 12 people found this review helpful
Apr 25, 2012
1-The reason i watched this : i was so bored then i found this movie so i decided to watch it in a try to cheer up but i end up getting even more bored, i was mostly attracted by the numerous stories .

2-Storyline/Plot : At first i thought that the story of the movie is going to make me love it since it have 5 diffrent love stories in summer read more but i was wrong i end up hating it, i usually fall for movies with numerous stories but this movie's story wasn't that good it was fair not the kind of story that will grasp your attention from the first moment.

3-Acting/Cast : the only strength point in this movie; it got some great actors that knows how to deliver feelings.

4-Music : i don't actually remember it so it got to be that bad.

5-Rewatch value : i couldn't stand watching it once and kept skipping some parts how about rewatching it i must be crazy if i do so.

6-The ending : the kind of ending that everyone want to see, i was expecting it anyway so there isn't much to tell about it because i hate it when i expect the ending and it turn out to be the same as my expectations. I was hoping that they will surprise me or something yet what i was anticipating actually happened.

7-Overall : i won't say watch it or not because that's up to you but if you're bored and looking for a movie to cheer up please avoid this movie, i really regret wasting my time on; it so not worth watching.
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do
18 of 19 people found this review helpful
Apr 19, 2012
One of the first kmovies that I've seen.
Well, i can't deny that I watched it because of Jang Geun Seok since I loved his previous roles in dramas; in this movie I got to see a different side of him, the other cast were good too.
The story was fair enough; there was music, friendship, love , joy, sadness and a lot of heartwarming moments, if you're a teary person you'd read more definitely cry in many moments of the film.
Anyway, the movie have a love triangle the kind that will make you feel sorry for the one who loses at the end. Although, I didn't like the ending but it wasn't a sad ending.
It was a good film overall but my advice is: don't watch it with prejudices or high expectations, it will be much better that way.
Hana Yori Dango Special
17 of 19 people found this review helpful
Apr 22, 2012
To start with the summary is wrong bcz this special isn't about Makino's parents going to NY or the rest of it, this special was released after season 2 to introduce the final movie and it also includes a mini performance by the Arashi boys so this is like a promote to the movie. At the beginning, There were the moments where F4 and Makino were toghether yet there wasn't actually a read more story to talk about but u get to see the characters all over again, i believe that itself worth the watch!
U need to watch this before the final movie, if u already watched the movie then there's no need to watch it bcz like a said it's between the drama and the final movie.
Love in Space
16 of 18 people found this review helpful
Jun 9, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

This film has been in one of my collections for over a year and I really have no idea why it was there. Anyway, I just decided to watch it having no idea what's its theme or main actors. At first, I thought it was a Korean film but when it started I realized that it was a Chinese film. I had second thoughts but I read more watched it anyway.

2) Storyline/Plot:

It's a multiple stories film; the sort of production that usually sound appealing to me because you would feel diversity and lack of blank moments.

Positive points:

*Three sisters, three love stories and three different places.
*The way all the three stories were combined together was pretty well done.
*Watching the three stories at the same time was fun since you would watching one while anticipating what will happen in the other one, that was sort of cool.
*Even though the three female leads belongs to the same family but there were great differences which was one of the positive points that counts for the storyline.

Negative points:

*It may feel rushed sometimes.
*One of the stories didn't feel as deep as the other ones: there was a little disorder there.
*I still don't agree with the title "love in space" because only one story happened in space while the rest was located on earth: it felt a little unfair.
*This is not a unique storyline so don't expect a lot of depth, just enjoy another typical rom-com.

Story: 6.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Generally speaking the cast was pretty good considering the fact that I am only familiar with two actors here.
The chemistry was enjoyable and captivating.
The second sister was annoying as a character but the general acting was actually cool.

Acting: 8/10

4) The ending:

Two stories were combined at the end; that was kind of cool .
The ending was nice, not intense, a little light.
It was a typical rom-com ending that anyone would love to see on screen.

The ending: 8/10

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*Considering the fact that I am not a fan of Chinese romantic comedies, this was pretty cool.
*It's not one of the best romantic comedies that I've seen but it was a decent way to pass time with since it was exempt from boring moments.

My impression: 7/10

6) Overall:

*If you're rom-com lover then you would like this.
*Don't expect much from the film's title.

Overall 7.5/10.
High School Debut
12 of 13 people found this review helpful
Apr 7, 2012
I watched this film when I had nothing better to do without high expectations or anything that's why I think it was fair enough.
I am familiar with the lead actor; I've seen and liked him in several dramas before. However, I was introduced to the lead female through this drama but Mizobata Junpei was the reason of my liking.
The story of makeover is known but somehow, I felt it was read more more captivating here.
This is a highly recommandable films for rom-com fans.
Buzzer Beat
15 of 17 people found this review helpful
Apr 8, 2012
To start with, I completed this drama in two which means that I really liked it; It was one of the greatest Jdramas out there.
I liked the cast; There were Yamapi and Kitagawa Keiko as leads: I really like those two plus their chemistry was perfect in this drama.
Mixing sports with romance, friendship and sacrifices was so cool even though we didn't see a lot of basketball during the drama read more but there was many interesting events.
The music was nice i remember it until now! Buzzer Beat is a drama that left a great impression within me.
It doesn't matter if you're sports fan or not, give it a go and you'il like it!
Zettai Kareshi Special
17 of 20 people found this review helpful
Apr 5, 2012
If you already watched the drama, you will probably be disappointed in the special. I didn't like the drama's ending so I thought that the special will fix it and probably make it up for that unsatisfying ending but no the special wasn't any better, it even made me angry and regretful for watching it : another open ending with a non special story made me want to finish it quickly and read more get over with it.
This isn't what you're looking for and don't dream to have a better ending than the one from the drama!
Paradise Farm
20 of 25 people found this review helpful
Apr 29, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I had nothing better to do at that time, I had about 50 dramas choices but I end up watching this after seeing five minutes drama's preview.

2-Storyline/Plot : The drama's background was one of the kind since I haven't seen any other dramas in a ranch before.
As for the story, I don't believe it was any special because there are tons of dramas and read more films about a former married couple. However, it was kind of cool to see how fate can mess with their hearts and bring them back together under hard circumstances .
Certainly, there were too many slow and boring moments in this drama (especially in the middle) so I had to skip many parts in order to make events go faster.

3-Acting/Cast : The lead male and the second lead female were the shallow reason that made me finish this drama. Lee Yeon Hee has always been a good actress for me but her character was really annoying to watch.
The supporting roles weren't that great plus the second lead female was the usual dumb character that we find in other Korean productions.

4-Music : It was a normal drama's music, I don't really remember it because it wasn't that special.

5-Rewatch value : No, I don't believe it's rewatchable.

6-The ending : Kind of cool, i was expecting more and i wished it lasted a little but anyway it was nicely done.

7-How did it affect me : No special feelings while i was watching this, i was just following the events. Even after it ended, i didn't have any kind of feelings for it but it wasn't that forgettable either.

8-Overall : This drama isn't brilliant or special in any aspect; only the ranch element was appealing.
Love You 10000 Years
12 of 14 people found this review helpful
May 6, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : It was in my PTW list forever then I had a recommendation from a freind so I decided to give it a go.

2-Storyline/Plot : It was normal rom-com but it seemed a little interesting when the lead characters came from different countries because it was fun hearing the Japanese language here.
The story wasn't boring but it wasn't that attractive; they've done a great job read more with the music since it was the stength point of this film. In general, I wouldn't say that the story was special or entertaining, it was acceptable overall.

3-Acting/Cast : In here, you get to see a different side of Zhou Vic, he was smiling a lot that I got confused sometimes since he seemed a lot unusual from what I remember but that proves his skills in portraying the character in a great way.
I'm not familiar with the lead actress plus I have nothing to say about her but I will point that she had an acceptable chemistry with Zhou Vic. One more thing to pint out, the band members wwere so cool.

4-The ending : Even though it was a typical romantic comedy's ending but I really liked the whole dancing concept at the end.

5-My impression: I watched this when I had nothing better to do so it was fair enough. I didn't actually enjoyed the film plus there weren't many special events to follow but that doesn't deny that I liked the music and smiled when the film ended so no regrets .

6-Overall : If you like romantic comedies then this is for you.
If you like to hear good Chinese music then watch this.
If you need a film to pass time with then you would like this.
Hello! Miss
16 of 20 people found this review helpful
Apr 9, 2012
To be honest I watched this drama because of Lee Da Hae since I loved her acting in My Girl. Well, here her role was a little different. I liked the lead actor and felt sorry for him because he suffered a lot from everyone but he had great chemistry with the lead female.
I was thinking about this drama's story as an unusual one but I believe that what made me read more continue watchng it even if it got slow in the middle, it's true that I had to skip some parts but the rest was acceptable. This is a good drama but it's not that great, if you have better dramas to watch; don't waste your time on it but if you're into romantic comedies then you may enjoy this.
Ouran High School Host Club
14 of 20 people found this review helpful
Apr 28, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : Simply because I watched the anime so I was excited to see the live-action adaptation.

2-Storyline/Plot : For me it was predictable since I already saw the anime; I really liked how the characters came to life in a sweet way (except some characters)
Of course, there were some missing things since the drama is shorter than the anime but it was acceptable overall.

3-Acting/Cast : read more I've got to admit that I wasn't expecting this cast plus I am not familiar with half of them yet I liked most of them because they grasped their roles perfectly.
Although I can't say that I liked Yamamoto Yusuke's Tamaki because it was overdone in many ways but I have to say this: Kyouya was my best character in the anime so I was anxious to see how he's going to be here : Daito Shunsuke literally dazzled me and made me love his character more. Other characters were really enjoyable to watch too.

4-The music : it was J-rock so it was sort of cool somehow.

5-Rewatch value : Yes, it's rewatchable since there are a lot of moments that deserves the rewatch.

6-The ending : It was cool but since there's a film coming up I don't actually consider it as an "end" yet.

7-Overall : I had fun while watching this, I felt like seeing the anime all over again only a little faster. There were too many hilarious moments and chaacters in here.

P.S: If you already seen the anime then you would enjoy this.
Pride
18 of 19 people found this review helpful
Nov 22, 2012
1) The reason I watched this :

I have a friend who’s totally obsessed with Kimura Takuya therefore she insisted that I should watch this since it contains sports. As a result, this was my first Kimmy drama.

2) Storyline/Plot:

*Generally speaking, this is a drama related to sports wrapped up with romance and humour.

Positive points:

*It was very well written, events were connected in harmony while developments seemed catching whether read more they were good or bad.

*Main Genres:

--->Sports: Oh my, sports!! One of the reasons I started watching this. The story of the hockey team was intriguing; even though script writers didn’t fully focus on hockey’s activities but it had a fair share of the storyline’s development; scenes on the rink were always remarkable which made every game important no matter what’s the bet.
Hockey was the core of this drama that’s why it’s hard to imagine it without sports.

--->Romance: The romantic concept was good enough to fit in with sports. The combination made sense since there were a lot of connections between hockey game and love game.
Sometimes, the main romantic story may lack progress but it doesn’t last for long plus side romantic stories were always good to watch.

--->Humour: Some of us may not understand Japanese humour yet it wasn’t annoying to watch. Funny scenes were present to make this drama light-hearted that’s why comedy was appreciated in here.

Negative Points:

--->Drama: Overly dramatic scenes don’t fit with sports, at least not here. Side characters dramatic stories were overdone sometimes which made the storyline go astray in some points.
However, that didn’t affect the whole drama’s concept.

Story: 8.5/10.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Like I said earlier this was the drama that introduced Kimura Takuya to me; his acting was good enough but his charisma was mind-blowing in here. The role fitted him perfectly since he managed to make it sound his real self.
Takeuchi Yuko was always a magnificent Japanese actress no matter what’s her role. Here, she shined as usual.
Other actors were terrific; there weren’t any flaws to mention.

*As for characters, Halu was absorbing in here; you would want to see more of him on screen. Though, it was exaggerating to involve him in every problem but he’s the captain and this drama’s star so no problem.
Aki is a perfect lead character for a romantic-sports drama; she’s normal but catching at the same time.
Other characters were pleasant not only as a background for the main couples but also as enjoyable characters to watch. Anyhow, I believe that the strength of Jdramas comes from the multiplicity of characters.

*Appreciated characters: Makoto Tomo because they always had adorable scenes with Halu especially the latter.

*Relationships:

--->Team relationships: Whether it was Halu-coach or captain-team; relationships within the Blue Scorpions were captivating no matter how much you see it. Moreover, there was special friendship between some team members which made the team concept sounds really cool.

--->Romance: Halu and Aki had the most absorbing chemistry ever!! Even side romantic stories had good chemistry.

--->Friendship: Beside team friendship, Aki and her two friends had a respectable relationship as a group of girls. Well, it wasn’t very satisfying like the men relationship.

Cast: 9/10.
Acting: 8.5/10.

4) The ending:

I found happiness in the ending; not the usual happy ending that will pass like the wind but the type of ending that will bring you joy when you watch it.

The ending: 9/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I watched this drama back in 2010 while it aired in 2004 but I wasn’t bothered with its old cinematography because it was simply amazing.
*Sports are always my “thing” no matter what’s the type of sport because I like that enthusiasm which appears in athletes eyes. Furthermore, the combination of sports and romance was always a great mixture to me *thinking of Buzzer Beat*
*This drama was the reason that made me fall in love with KimuTaku and watch more of his dramas.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes! The combination of sports and romance is extremely unforgettable for me.

My impression: 9/10.

6) Overall:

*If you like sports mixed with romance then you would love this.
*If you like Kimura Takuya then you have to watch this.
*If you like wonderful romantic stories then you might like this.

*Pride was a marvellous sports drama that had a great romantic concept while being faithful to J-Dramas’ comedy.

Overall: 9/10.

Dec 31, 1969