Rourou

Kimi ni Todoke
Apr 4, 2012
I watched the anime so i previously know the story and believe me watching the movie was a great thing to do. I didn't feel time passing by and i totally fell in love with the lead actors since they did their roles in a great way.
The innocent love made this movie special on its own way, it was a great adaptation. I totally recommend it: if you watched the anime read more of course you need to watch this and if you haven't then just give it a go and you will just fall in love with it.
The Crucible
May 8, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I have a psychiatrist friend who insisted on watching this film. She already knows that I don't mind any sort of special story no matter how horrific it is; I was fully prepared to any type of scenes and so I watched it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

They weren't kidding when they said "This movie contains EXTREMELY graphic child abuse! Do not watch if you are easily disturbed.", read more I intentionally repeated it because this film isn't directed to all types of audience, even if you are an adult you can easily be disturbed.

Positive points:

*It's a true story that focus on a world wide issue: a great topic.
*The producer wasn't afraid of showing the horrible fact to the audience.
*The script writers did a great job by delievering a masterpiece.

For me there isn't.
*Some people would feel sick or shocked that's why I said it's not directed to everyone but if those scenes were absent then it couldn't be fun to watch considering its theme; it was realistic and special in a great way.

Story: 9.75/10

3) Acting/Cast:

I really loved each and everyone of them here.
*It was different yet cool to see Gong Yoo in a serious role.
*The three children have done a great job because their roles were mainly sentimental and they were skilled to portray that aspect.
*The actors knew how to deliever feelings and leave us affected with their issues.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 9.5/10

4)The ending:

It wasn't what anyone wanted but it was great because it was realistic.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*As I said earlier I don't mind any sort of special stories, this film was interesting enough to keep me hooked up for two hours.
*The grafic child abuse is what gave this film its taste no matter how horrible it was.
*I got the conclusion that this world is full of bad people but they only need one courageous person to change the whole thing.
*Protecting children's innocence is our responsibility as adults.

My impression: 9.5/10

6) Overall:

I repeat this film has shocking abuse scenes therefore, if you're a sensitive person don't even think about watching this.
*If you like special stories and don't mind the abusive scenes then you would like this.
*Human rights lovers may want to check this out.
*Don't be fooled about the fact that Gong Yoo is the main lead, it's nothing like his previous Dramas/Films.
*If you're looking for a romantic story then you shouldn't be reading this in the first place.
*I repeat for the last time sensitive people KEEP OUT!

Overall: 9.5/10
Otomen
Jul 20, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

Mainly because I read the manga and wanted to see the drama's adaptation. Then, I found out that Okada Masaki is the lead actor so I became more excited to watch it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Honestly speaking, the storyline is kind of silly but it wasn't boring or unattractive, it was surprisingly enjoyable.

Positive Points:

*This drama is one of the nicest manga adaptations that I've seen read more so far.

*Main Genres:

--->Humor: I remember laughing several times during this drama, mostly in the third or the fourth episode. There were some hilarious moments in here that I had to pause in order to continue my laughter.
The style of Japanese comedy has always proved its way in making any drama lighter and enjoyable.
The comedy scenes weren't randomly present, it was nicely calculated in order to bring laughter when it's needed; that concept was highly appreciated.

--->School: This drama can also be considered as a school drama since it had all the elements that indicates so. The school side was the most hilarious part with a teacher like Hanazawa Yumeko who was really fun to see around, also the kendo teacher (Ryo's father) and all the classmates that made this part enjoyable.

*Another positive point that I should mention; it was really fun to see Asuka's Otomen friends and their ways of hiding their true self; it was very hilarious at many points.

*The imaginations moments that the characters had were always great and enjoyable.

Negative Points:

--->Romance: the romantic concept wasn't appreciated, I would like to think about this drama as a funny school drama rather than a rom-com; it's really better to think about it that way because romance hasn't deliverd much that can make you watch the drama because of it.
The romance was the annoying light type sometimes, it wasn't completely hateful but I can't possibly mention it in the positive points column.

Story: 8/10

3)Acting/Cast :

*Okada Masaki:

I like him as an actor , I've seen many of his dramas and appreciated most of them. Here, he had the most adorable role ever as a very "cute" role. He didn't fail my expectations; he's always a great actor so I was right for watching this drama because of him.
The character wasn't very different from the one in the manga, actuallly, it was more appealing. I always focus on characters when I watch a manga/anime adaptation in order to see their potency in portraying the orginal ones. Here, I must say that I liked Asuka's character; the way he was trying to hide his love for girly cute things while being the tough kendo captin that everyone loves and finding friends that share his Otomen self in the meantime: It was more than satisfying as a live character adaptation.

*Kaho:

I only saw her in "Tokyo Girl" but I don't judge an actor/actress over a film so let's say that I am not very familiar with her before this drama. Here, I believe that her role was nicely done although I believe that her acting skills are lacking something.
The character didn't attract me, at least, not the way Asuka's character did. I loved the times where Ryo was saving Asuka; those where some great moments.
Ryo's character can be clueless while being on a tough girl mode. It's true that I didn't fall for her character but as a manga adaptation it was an acceptable character.

*Other Cast: I loved the remaining cast, every character in this drama had a unique concept plus there were funny characters everywhere!

*Appreciated Character: Tonomine was a very appreciated character all the way through the drama whether he was Asuka's rival or tough mainly man; he always had interesting scenes.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: I can't possibly speak about romantic chemistry because romance wasn't heavily present. Instead, I will mention that Asuka and Ryo's relationship was really cool to watch.

--->Friendship: Asuka's relationship with the kendo members, Tachibana, Ariake and especially Tonomine was literally mesmerizing.

Cast: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

The closer scene was one of the nicest dramas closures. Overall, the ending was cute and adorable.

The ending: 8.5/10

5) My impresion (How did it affect me):

* I really enjoyed this drama, I think I enjoyed it a little too much.
*Laughter moments were very present so there weren't any chance to get bored.
*I really appreciated the characters in this drama and the adaptation overall.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, it is. I still remember its event (especially the funny moments) even though I watched it a long time ago.

My impression: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you read the manga then you would appreciate this drama's adaptation.
*If you like funny dramas then you would enjoy this.
*If you're looking for a romatic drama, you shouldn't expect much from this.
*If you like Okada Masaki, you need to watch this because it will give you another image aboout this actor.

Overall: 7.5/10.
My Little Bride
May 8, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was attracted by the synopsis so I decided to give it a try.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story isn't complicated nor original; I saw this type of story in "Sweet 18" before yet this film's storyline was really appealing.

Positive points:

*The story was romantic but not too romantic since it focused on family too.
*It had a great combination since it was funny, cute read more while being a little serious
*The story's developement was amazing to follow.
*The whole adult-child love story was somehow innocent even when they lived toghether: I liked that concept.

Negative points:

There isn't, I just wished that they made this into a drama instead; it would have been perfect that way.

3)Acting/Cast:

It couldn't been any better even though I am not too familiar with the leads.
*The chemistry between them was somehow captivating even though it wasn't that present.
*Moon Geun Young did a great job in portraying the innocent 15 years old girl with all its sides; whether it was with her husband, her family, her school and everything else.
*I loved how Park Sang Min reacted with his little bride by trying to be the responsible adult but that didn't cut out the funny side of his character.

Cast: 7.75/10
Acting: 8/10

4)The ending:

The type of ending that anyone would like to see even though it was typical but that doesn't deny that it was fluffy.

5) My Impression (How did it affect me):

*I was intrested in the whole concept ever since the film began, I had fun while watching it and it wasn't boring, not even the slightest bit.
*This is is a great memorable film.

My Impression: 9/10

6) Overall :

*If you like rom-coms then you must watch this.
*If you like old-young relationships then this is for you.
*If you like innocent love stories then you may like this.

Love On-Air
May 13, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

At the time, I didn't have time to watch dramas so I only watched films. This was appealing enough to give it a try.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This film's story seemed somehow special and different from any other idol or rom-com film that's why it felt appealing.

Positive points:

*The story was smooth since it combined great events and feelings together.
*The mini-stories intoduced during the film read more were a nice touch to avoid slow moments.
*The love story was light to the point that it would make you think that this isn't a romantic film yet the important feelings were there plus it felt like the right thing to do.

*Considering the fact that it was almost a musical film, I would say that the music was cool; not great, not bad.

Negative points:

*There was something missing in this film. They should've pushed it a little far in the middle since the story's development felt incomplete.

Story: 7.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Lee Min Jung : I really loved that actress here; she knew how to deliever feelings and make good expressions. She portrayed her role well and gave a good impression as the lead lady plus she's pretty.

*Lee Jung Jin : I liked his character too, he was so mature and manly in many ways , he did his role in a good way.

*I loved the relationship between leads whether in fighting or in romance; good chemistry.
*I liked other cast plus there acting was satisfying.

4) The ending:

Even though it was a typical rom-com ending but I end up enjoying it and closing the screen with a happy face.

The ending: 7.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was entertained, it was fun to watch.
*I was a little surprised since I hadn't much expectations for this but I end up liking it. I just love it when a film/drama surprise me (in a good way of course)
*I wasn't bored which is enough to make me satisfied.

My impression 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like rom-coms then you would like this.
*If you like musical films then you may appreciate this.
*If you like light love stories then this is for you.

Overall: 7.5/10.
My Girlfriend is an Agent
May 6, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I have no idea, all I know that I couldn't sleep around 3 am then I found this film's dvd in one of my collections so I decided to watch it.
I never watch films without reading its synopsis but this was a great exception.

2-Storyline/Plot : On the outside, it may sound like the Korean version of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" but somehow I thought read more it was special with its own events and its own charm.
I laughed so hard while watching this to the point that I tried blocking my mouth with my hands since was afraid that I may wake everyone in the house: yes, it was really funny! The story wasn't outstanding but the laughter moments (and sometimes romance moments) made me fall for it.

3-Acting/Cast : I like Kim Ha Neul and yeah she was cool here but I believe that Kang Ji Hwan was the leader of this film; he really cracked me up and the way he screams was so freaking funny, he really managed to pertray his role in a perfect way and most of all, he was believable.

4-The ending : I loved the final scene but the general ending was a typical rom-com ending.

5-My impression: This film literally cracked me up; I remember laughing my stomach out until I almost rolled on the floor late at night. This is a unforgettable film indeed.

6-Overall : This is the type of film that I would recommend to anyone:
There's laughter.
The funny romance.
Action (especially the hilarious action scenes with Kang Ji Hwan).
Kurosagi: The Movie
Apr 4, 2012
Well i am one of those people who fell in love with Kurosagi the drama and was impatiently waiting for the movie. I was hoping that they would finish the drama in a great way but i was kind of disappointed in the story and the movie's events; it's like they went to point 0 of the drama just like nothing happpened at the end which made me angry but being able read more to see Kurosagi's tricks all over again worth watching.
If you watched the drama you'il probably dislike this but as i said earlier seeing the old tricks worth wasting your time on it.
Yes it could have been better but the effort is granted.
Love Shuffle
Nov 10, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

At the time, I watched many stupid romantic comedies so I needed something different from those usual dumb stories and so I found this drama somewhere. I read the synopsis that seemed appealing enough to give it a go with a medium level of expectations.

2) Storyline/Plot:

*Generally speaking this is a rom-com with a psychological aspect. The drama contains several twists that makes the storyline read more catching.

Positive Points:

*At the beginning (First 15 minutes), everything started really slow that I began to lose interest yet the writers were clever enough to take the story into another different level that attracted my intention.

*The story was captivating all the way through, it was short, psychologically romantic and most of all funny that’s why it hadn’t any dragging or slow moments.

*Main genres:

--->Romance: The romantic aspect in this drama is different from any other romantic comedies that I’ve seen before; there were mature feelings in this drama, the kind of feelings that go deeper and deeper each episode yet it doesn’t fall into the melodrama level since there were childish moments to make it light. I have to give the script writers credit for many "Wait, what happened?" moments while following the romantic development, many plot changes were really surprising and added a great taste to the storyline.

--->Humor: This drama’s funny scenes were smartly written, it was light and enjoyable. Like other Japanese dramas, it was ridiculously fun with all the weird situations.

--->Psychology: The romantic psychology was fairly interesting; there were many strange and sweet situations related to many great philosophic minds in this drama. The psychological cliffhangers were simply amazing, writers managed to keep all the twists captivating by inserting psychology into it.

Negative Points:

*I can’t possibly think about a negative point in this drama’s storyline; it was really great.

Story: 9.5/10.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Actors made it really believable and enjoyable; they knew how to deliver feelings even when they are trying to be funny. Matsuda Shota and Akira are the most talented actors here; I will add Tanihara Shosuke who portrayed the psychiatrist role perfectly.
Other actors were good too but I wasn’t touched by their acting skills like the three mentioned above.

*As for characters, you would get invested in every character since they always showed interesting developments into their personalities.
Ai-Ai was a great character that portrayed a strong woman personality while having the feminine feelings when she needed too: I would say that her character can represent woman power.

--->O-Chan was a character that would make you want to see him more on screen; it was really nicely done with good personality developments.
--->Kiku-rin was the strongest character in this drama, it manages to make you love him, hate him then love him again: It was a challenging character that added a great storyline development.
--->Usami was a weak character (basing on the storyline so it has nothing to do with Tamaki Hiroshi’s acting skills), it had many flaws but it managed to get through near the end.
Other characters were either average or annoying (……)

*Appreciated character: I was attracted by Kairi’s darkness especially near the end; it was a very appealing character to me.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: Since it’s a shuffle we can’t talk about specific couples yet there were chemistry all over the drama with all those intriguing feelings.

--->Friendship: It was present in a good way here, ever since the first episodes there were many signs of good friendship which made characters appear in a great harmony even if there were problems every once in a while.

*Favorite line: Uso da to itte yo, Joe!

Cast: 9/10.
Acting: 9/10.

4) The ending:
Well, it seemed a little unnatural but that doesn’t mean it was bad. Anyway, this drama had a good ending overall.

The ending: 8/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*Watching this drama was really fun, I got to see a mature drama after a long time so I had great feels about it.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, It is! Who wouldn’t remember watching a great mature drama with superb actors and awesome characters? This drama touched me in a good way, an unforgettable production indeed.

My impression: 8.75/10.

6) Overall:

*If you’re looking for a mature drama then you should watch this.
*If you’re looking for a great romantic J-drama then you may like this.

*Love Shuffle is a short light drama without any shallow feelings. It’s one of those dramas that are directed to the mature audience out there.

Rondo
Nov 1, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

I’ve been meaning to watch this drama long time ago but obviously I forget about it (I have no idea why) then I found its thread in MDL and decided to give it a chance.

Note: I agree with most points mentioned in the two reviews below but I had to state my opinion.

2)Storyline/Plot:

*Generally speaking this is a smartly written storyline that revolves around the read more world of crime while having romance as the center of many plot changes.

Positive Points:

*Honestly speaking, twists are the most important part of the storyline since you can’t lose interest while watching; those unpredictable events are the reason that catches the audience attention (especially me).

*Main genres:

--->Crime/Thriller: This is not a detective drama hence don’t be scared by the intensive police meddling into the storyline; it had some crime elements into it but they weren’t that deep to be fully considered as a “Crime drama”.
Thriller was simply astonishing here; it had many great suspense moments which prohibit you from predicting anything. There were a lot of mind-blowing events that you can’t see it coming therefore I have to give writers credit for many “What? When did that happen?” Scenes.

---->Romance: Though it was a little annoying when it comes to changing the spoken language, this was a well written Japanese-Korean romantic story; there were magnificent cultural interactions within the romantic story which made it more and more fascinating.
Other than that, romance had many charming and dangerous turns thus it will never make lose interest while you’re following its events and development.

Negative Points:

*Even if there were some negative points, they didn’t ruin the story’s aspect; they’re acceptable overall.

Story: 9.5/10.

3)Acting/Cast:

*This is a Korean Japanese drama consequently there were actors from both sides which made it more interesting than any other Japanese drama cast.

*Takenouchi Yutaka was always a very respectable actor; he was brilliant as this drama’s lead male because the role matched him so well. As you watch his acting, you’d feel depth which makes you want to see more of him on screen.
I am not familiar with Choi Ji Woo but she made through; her acting was believable and full with feelings which made her completely fitting for this type of role.
The rest of actors were good but not too great; in general, they were up to standard.
*As for characters, Sho/Takumi wasn’t an unusual character (discovering the truth behind the death of his father) still it felt creative and very absorbing no matter what sort of events he went through; whether it was action, romance, suspense, the character conveyed many fascinating feelings.
Yuna was a typical character until unpredictable twists took over. On the whole, the character was appreciated mainly because it leaded an unusual path.

*Other characters were important for the story’s development; I couldn’t imagine this kind of story without their presence.

*Appreciated character: Kim Young Jae because he added a special taste to the storyline plus he was one of the most unpredictable characters out there: More mysterious, more fun!

*Relationships:

--->Romance: One of the most charming chemistries that I’ve seen so far; it’s one of those romantic stories that you want to see more of it on screen but no matter how much you see it, you feel that it’s not enough. The lead actors had a mesmerizing relationship indeed because every scene they have together was absolutely attractive.

--->Sisterhood: I appreciated the relationship between Yuna and her sister; it felt natural and special in many ways.

Acting: 9.25/10.

4)The ending:

It may have fallen into Japanese detective style endings but I haven’t seen it coming no matter how much I think about it, I was thrilled to find out the out-coming of the story.

The ending: 8.5/10.

5)My impression:

*For me, this was a joy ride of pleasant events. I loved this drama simply because it was way too far from my predictable sense; it was really absorbing especially near the end.
*I’ve fallen in love with Yukata in this drama; aside from his astonishing look, I felt a great actor in here: I will definitely watch more of his dramas.
*I was bothered by the bilingual characters in here. Though, I stated that I liked the Korean Japanese interactions but I can’t say that I enjoyed changing the language because I watched this drama Raw which made me get a little lost when they spoke Korean, I can understand Japanese but Korean is just a no (My Korean lingual skills are far behind from my Japanese) but fortunately they translated some of them into Japanese.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes it is, simply because of its unpredictable twisty events that made me enjoy it to the extremes. Nonetheless, I don’t think this is the greatest drama out there since there are many others of the same genre that suppresses it.

My impression: 9/10.

6)Overall:

*If you like crime Japanese dramas with many twists then you will enjoy this.
*If you like great romantic chemistries then you would like this.

*Rondo is a great drama that’s full of enjoyable twists and great actors who knows how to deliver amazing feelings.

Overall: 9/10.

Note: If you were already spoiled, don’t watch this because it makes you lose the taste of its suspense. Another point, I hope you can find subs for this drama because I heard that there weren’t any; it’s a shame that this amazing drama doesn’t get the appropriate attention.
Romantic Island
Jun 14, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I have no idea, I just found this film in one of my collections while I had nothing better to do so I just watched it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This was a multiple stories film, oe of the genres that I like to watch.

Positive points:

*A romatic comedy that had more interesting events than other films from the same genre.
*The three love stories were combined read more together in a way that would allow the final twist to happen.

Negative points:

*The film's story isn't unique or special. Actually, it was full of cliche and cheesy moments.
*The stories took a boring level at some point.

Story: 6/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Lee Sun Gyun and Lee Min Ki were probably the main reason I continued watching this film until the end not only because of shallow feelings but their characters seemed more appealing than other characters in this film.
*The acting was a strength point that counts for this drama but I can't say the same about charachter because most of them felt annoying most of the time.

Cast: 6.5/10
Acting: 8/10

4)The ending:

An intresting twist accured near the end which made this film a little special than other romantic comedy films.

The ending: 8.5/10

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*There were a lot of boring moments but I didn't fell asleep so that's a good point.
*I only enjoyed the twist near the end but I will probably forget this film very soon.

My impression: 4.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you may like this if you don't expect much from it.

Overall: 6/10.
Stars Falling From the Sky
Jul 16, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I watched this drama because of my grandmother, I saw her watching the third episode and I became quickly invested in its events so I catched up and continued watching the drama with her.
I have to point that my grandmother has a great taste (^_^)

2) Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking , this is a family drama wrapped up with romance and comedy which is an acceptable read more combination for most of viewers.

Positive points:

*This drama is one of those dramas that made me interested with only one episode, I felt good vibes ever since it started because the plot was set up in a good way.

*Main Genres:

--->Family: This drama is different from other family dramas because the plot was well written in order to make viewers deeply attracted, even the problems weren't the type that was written in order to fill the drama's time; it was well calculated to make everything about the family sound natural and important. The family element was appreciated so much within me and I am not even into family dramas.

--->Humor: It was intense at the beginning but later on it didn't remain the same, not that it completely faded away but laughter moments weren't that present, let's say it was "humble". Epidode three and four were the funniest episodes in here.
The comedy was accepted overall, It would've been more appreciated if it was much intense like it was at the beginning but anyway, it deserves a spot in the positive points column.

Negative points:

--->Romance: I had a lot of thoughts before mentioning it in the negative points column; it had its positives and its negatives yet I think that the negatives were "bigger".
The romance wasn't satisfying, it wasn't light and "badly expressed" which made it one of the few bad point in this drama since it didn't feel enough. However, it wasn't completely Off, at least, it wasn't disappointing.

*Choi Jung Won:

I don't know this actress and even if i do, I don't believe that her previous roles were that remarkable since I dont remember any of them. Here, she portrayed her role in a good acceptable way.
The character was interesting ever since the drama started, it's not an unusual or a special character though but the character's developement was captivating although it may get a little annoying at some points. Pal Gang was really clumsy and indifferent at the beginning then she changed in a good way.

*Kim Ji Hoon:

I'm not very familiar with him as an actor, all the memories that I have about him aren't that bad nor that great. Here, he wasn't any different, I felt that Choi Jung Won lead the drama yet I can't ignore his presence wich was somehow "nice" to watch.
The character in one word "stiff", all what I can think about that it was really exagerated sometimes but that's how the storyline wanted it to be. There were mements were lawyer Won seemed "appealing" and "enjoyable" especially when he is with Pa Rang , I won't judge the character harshly because like I said earlier, it's drawned by the storyline.

*The five Children:

I have no idea about them as actors so I am not going to talk about that side, let's just mention that their acting convinced me and their roles were the best.
Their characters were awesome, each and everyone of them was enjoyable; all the pranks, the attitudes and their thoughts were simply wonderful to see.
The main reason that kept me interested until the last minute was the children's presence, if it wasn't for them, i think it would be another usual boring korean drama. The children were my favorite characters in this drama.

*I really loved the second lead male at the beginning then his character development didn't seem right.

*Appreciated character: Tae Kyun Was the funniest character in the drama, he wasn't that funny but his presence has always lightened the drama and made it enjoyable, I appreciated his presence a lot.

*The second lead female had the usual boring personality that most of Korean second lead females has; that was always boring for me.

*Other cast: No hard feelings for the remaining of the cast, I can't say that I liked them or disliked them , they weren't "that bad".

*Relationships:

--->Romance: It's really hard to talk about chemistry in this drama since the romance wasn't that "intense", even when the romance became serious, I don't think that the chemistry was that present or that deep.

--->Family: The children's relationship with their big sister was really cool, even though some troubles may occure, I don't believe that it got any worse. The family relationships were warm and good to watch.

--->The triangle: The usual triangle that you see in most of Korean dramas. Well, Tae Kyun added a good taste but beside that it was annoying.

Cast: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

The ending was predictable but it was fun to watch. I liked the final scene ; It was a good closure.

The ending: 7.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I enjoyed this drama so much although I am not into this type of dramas, I don't believe I was bored because I never lost interest.
*The main reason that made me attracted to this drama from the beginning till the end was the children's presence, I don't think I would've liked it if they were absent.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes it is, most of the memories that would remain in my mind are the children's memories because beside that it was a normal usual Korean drama.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romatic comedies with family theme in it then you would like this.
*If you like great children that would bring you entertainment then watch this.
*If you're looking for a "romantic" drama, I wouldn't recommend this.

Queen Of The Game
Jun 28, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was in "drama mood" so in that period U wasn't picky at all. I just read the synopsis then I decided to watch this drama without expecting anything from it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story wasn't very special but it can't be considered as a one of K-dramas usual plots. However, it wasn't outstanding.

Positive Points:

*The storyline had a great dramatical depth which can read more make you tagged to its events.

*Main Genres:

--->Romance: This is a romantic story with all the meanings that the word "Romance" refer to; it was well written in order to make developments go deeper and deeper after each episode.
The romance here is the "mature" type, not like those childish romantic stories that we see everywhere but it's not very serious that would make you get bothered since they added moments to cheer the audience and keep boring moments out; i believe it was a smart move in order to maintain the great romance.
One more point, romance was a play of fate, a play of reality to show how true love can survive no matter what kind obstacles it faces; I know it's a little dreamy but it was cool in the drama.

--->Drama: I consider this drama as a dramatical romance, it's not the rom-com type so the dramatical side was heavily present and well done in some points.
It can be devided to several parts since the storyline was devided, the middle dramatical part was the best then there's some good parts at the beginning.

Negative Points:

*The romance is good but only the main leads romance existed; no side romantic stories that can change the mood a little. Yes, there was the usual Korean triangle but the side romantic stories were absent.
*The dramatical parts in the end were really annoying because it took a wrong turn after the 15th or the 16th episode; I had high hopes for that part and even though, it didn't end up badly but I wasn't satisfied.

Story: 8/10

*Joo Jin Mo:

I have a great respect for him as an actor, I loved his previous roles and I really liked his role here, it wasn't an intense role but the way he handled things was really well done.
The character was a very strong at first, you can feel the hartred and pain in Lee Shin Jun's eyes then as the drama went on, many changes occurred, many dramatic moments were held by his character, it was intEresting to to follow his character developments but at the end, I noticed some unsatisfying changes in the character's personality but it's all up to the story's changes above.

*Lee Bo Young:

I don't know her as an actress which means that I am not familiar with her acting skills, here she was acceptable and moving in some points because the role was portrayed in a satisfying way.
The character, let's see, I wasn't fully taken by kang Eun seol's character and I never sympathized with her. The character was off sometimes, cheerful some other times, cool most of the time and what I clearly remember that it was really annoying starting from the 15th or the 16th episode.

*Other Cast: I am only familiar with some of them but I think their roles were nicely done, except some annoying characters, the supporting roles were okay.

Relationships:

--->Romance: The chemistry was good, like I said earlier it's one of the greatest romantic stories that I've ever seen plus the leads made it enjoyable "most" of the time.

--->The triangle: Most of the time they were really annoying to watch, I skipped those parts often, I tried to watch but they weren't any close to the sweet triangles that we usually know but I have to appreciate Kim Pil Seo's character since it was "mature"

--->The leads relationship with Lee Shin Jun's mother: It was really well done at first but when it took the obvious turns near the ending, I became uninterested.

Cast: 7/10

4) The ending:

I liked the final obstacle, it was somehow unexpected and cool to watch. Nice closure but it doesn't deny that it was one of K-dramas classical endings.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was really interested in this drama and that's the main reason I finished it fast.
*I wasn't bored but I have to admit that I skipped several parts in order to make my watching time equilibrated plus there were scenes that I didn't like.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, I am keeping this drama in my mind as one of the greatest romantic dramas but not as one of the greatest dramas that I've ever seen.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic stories than this for you.
*If you're into romantic comedies, I don't think that this drama would suit your taste.
*Watch this if you're looking for a great male lead.

Overall: 8/10.
Switch Girl!!
Jul 11, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I just chose it without any thoughts. At the time, I was in "japanese dramas mood" so I watched many japanese dramas without being picky or impatient.

2) Storyline/Plot:

To start with, I am not familiar with the story since I haven't read the manga or even heard about it so this was my first time getting to know the storyline.

Positive points:

*This drama's story read more made me interested ever since the first 10 minutes and that's really rare to happen since I never care about first episodes because they don't make much difference yet this drama's story made me really invested in its events so waiting for the next episode was a real torture.

*Main Genres:

--->Humor: Yes, this drama was funny because it was hilarious all over, sometimes it felt like anime scenes that was funny and entertaining most of the time.
The comedy concept was present too, we get to see funny characters with funny scenes. I have to point that Nika's inside conversations were really awesome which can bring good laughter.

--->Romance: it wasn't that deep nor that light. The romance in this drama was equilibred in a way that would make you invested in the romantic development and the whole concept. The teenage love story was cool to watch since it was light enough.

--->School: The usual concept that you find in school dramas; friends, enemies, teachers, popularity, nerds and so on. I've seen many school dramas before so this wasn't something special yet Switch Girl was more enjoyable.

Negative points:

*I can't think of any, except that this drama was too damn short! They should've made it longer, it felt rushed sometimes but that didn't ruin the whole concept.

*Nishiuchi Mariya:

I am not familiar with her as an actress, she was introduced to me through this drama and what a great introduction! I liked her acting skills and enjoyed her role in a good way. From now on, I will anticipate her new dramas.
The character was great: Nika made us sad sometimes, excited some other times and entertained most of the time.
The ON and OFF modes were really awesome, I couldn't choose since both of them were enjoyable and funny; everyone of us have that hidden side within himself yet here it was exagerated to make it look captivating and hilarious.

*Kiriyama Renn:

I only saw him in "Hana Kimi Remake" but here he was different so I didn't know what to expect yet I surprised myself by accepting his general acting and role.
The character wasn't enjoyable like Nika's but I liked it anyway. Arata's appearance was nice and great sometimes; he may sound stiff at some points but all of that was decided by the storyline so I haven't focused much on that fact.
Another point that I should mention: Arata with or without glasses didn't sound contradictory to me; it was the same character with a different look.

*Other Cast: The supporting roles were cool and well chosen even the school nerds; no complains.

*Relationships:

--->Romance : The chemistry wasn't that great because romance wasn't deep enough.

--->Nika's family: Her mother and sister were always good to look at plus their adventures as a family was always hilarious.

--->Nika's school: Friends were good and the Monkey Boss made events entertaining sometimes.

*In each episode there were new cast and that's exactly what I love about J-dramas because with different cast comes different events, there's no spinning around the same point.

Acting: 9/10

4) The ending:

I appreciated the ending, I was glad because they haven't took it to the usual concept of hiding something yet it wasn't that special, only acceptable and cool to watch: Nice ending overall.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I realy enjoyed this drama, even the waiting for upcoming episodes was fun.
*I haven't skipped any parts and that's really rare since I am an impatient person, believe me if I don't skip parts that means there weren't any chance of getting bored (well, that could be explaned by the fact that the episode's length was only 27 minutes).

*Is this drama memorable: Yes definitely, I enjoyed it so much. Even though, I finished it weeks ago, I still remember each and every event.

My impression: 9/10

6) Overall:

*If you like funny romantic school dramas then you would like this.
*If you like girls dramas you will enjoy this.
*If you're looking for a great female lead you may actually like this.

Sweet 18
May 14, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

I watched this a long time ago when I was a little girl who knows nothing about K-dramas. My grandmother was watching it so I tagged along.

2)Storyline/Plot:

I still remember it clearly even though it was a long time, the story was interestig to watch an at that time since I haven't seen stories like this before.

Positive points:

*Learning about family and responsibility while trying read more to to hold into your loved one was a good theme to follow.
*The events were nicely made; you can find romance and some action moments (since the lead actor is a prosecutor) plus there were some moments were the drama took interesting turns.
*The romace wasn't excessive, it's the light type of romance: Not too deep, not too clumsy.

Negative points:

*The storyline felt pushed sometimes which made it lose its natural aspect.
*Some parts felt unnecessary while others felt missing.
*It could've been much better if the events were more exciting.

Story: 6.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*The lead actress was clumsy and sometimes funny, I liked her perseverance and her great willpower to make her husband happy and all but I can't say that she's a great actress since you would feel like she's pushing herself to act: that was really annoying to watch.
*The lead actor was the mature type with a manly character plus he has to handel his little bride.
*The chemistry between leads was good but not great; it could have been much better if they pushed it a little.
*Supporting roles were somehow annoying but they didn't ruin the general concept.

Cast: 6/10
Acting: 5.5/10

4) The ending:

It was acceptable and likeable while being normal.

The ending: 7/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*It can be considered as an old drama since it was one of my first watched K-dramas so no hard judges over it.
*I was entertained while I watched it so no regrets plus I was sort of attracted by the drama at the time.

My impression: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you like old/young relationships then this is for you.
*If you like rom-coms then you may like this.
*If you like clumsy lead females then you may want to give this a try.

Overall: 7/10.
IRIS
Sep 23, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

Simply because this is an action drama, I just love watching action dramas and IRIS seemed to be the right choice at the time.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general storyline was written in a good way, there were a lot of interesting cliffhangers all over the drama, action-suspense packed with romance thrown every once in awhile.

Postive Points:

*Being an action drama that's full of suspense isn't read more something new yet to see this type of drama in the Korean industry is rare that's why it would feel appealing.

*Main Genres:

--->Action: Considering the fact that this is an action drama, it contained many fighting scenes which were attracting to watch. The action element was set in a way that would make the viewers anxious about the next fighting development. Well, martial arts scenes were practically absent, only guns and free wrestling yet it felt right for this kind of drama plus fighting all over the drama was cool to follow.

--->Suspense: The suspense element wasn't very interesting like the action element yet that doesn't deny the fact that it had an important effect through the drama and the story's development. It's true that it wasn't present ever since the beginning but the fact that it got extended every episode was a smart move to make the audience wonder about what will happen next.

--->Romance: I wouldn't say it's fully a positive point but it was the right amount for an intense drama because in action-suspense dramas, too much romance would ruin the whole plot. Here, romance participated in the story's development by making it more captivating.

Negative Points:

*The negative points that I can think of are related to the suspense element; it's true that I previously mentioned it in the positive points column and it's true that suspense made this drama more interesting yet when there is suspgense and mystery there should be "truth revealing" at/near the end but that wasn't the case here. Yes, we get to know many things but it was left open in an annoying way.

Story: 9/10.

*Lee Byung Hun:

I am not very familiar with him as an actor so I wondered if he could pull off an intense role, I also kept questioning his ability in delivering emotions through his acting and the answer was: Good action actor, I liked his skills whether in action or in the dramatical scenes (even though there weren't many).
Kim Hyun Jun was an ordinary action lead male character, I can't think of something special about his character since I've seen it many times before yet it wasn't boring nor usual to watch. I enjoyed his scenes especially his action scenes because he had some respectable action moves.

*Kim Tae Hee:

I like this actress but I believe that her previous roles weren't that interesting therefore I was happy to find her in an action drama with a an intense role. I wanted to confirm her skills and I am satisfied; her perfomance was good enough to make me like her even more.
Choi Seung Hee was an acceptable character, it's true that her action scenes weren't that special and I wanted her to be more strong yet it was good enough to keep the entertainment.

*Other Cast:
As for other main roles, I believe that they were satisfying as actors and characters. Supporting roles were good, I have no complains about them. I specially liked the second lead female as an actress and as a character.

*Relationships:

--->Friendship: I liked the realationship between Hyun Jun and Sa Won all the way through the drama whether it was bromance or conflicts. The friendship between Hyun Jun and Kim Sun Hwa was good too, it's one of the fewest times that I liked the relationship between the lead male and the second lead female.

--->Romance: There was great chemistry between the main roles, the romantic scenes between Hyun Jun and Seung Hee were always good to watch.

--->The Triangle: It was different and much better from other usual boring Korean triangles.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 9/10.

4) The ending:

Don't expect too much from the ending, it's one of the storyline's flaws since it doesn't answer the suspense questions yet it's expected for this intense drama. The ending will leave with lots of questions, it could be considered as an open ending or maybe they're preparing questions for a second season or a film, in that case I wouldn't consider it as an ending.

The ending's rating 7/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*Usually, an action drama is always interesting for me but this drama had great bonuses: Romance and suspense, which means that I fully enjoyed it from the beginning till the end.
*There's no chance that you will get bored while watching this drama. You can consider it as a thrilling ride that will take you through amazing events and awesome action scenes.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes it is, the fact that it is one of the fewest Korean action dramas, I think it worth a spot in my "unforgettable dramas list" and I am still hoping for a second season, I think it would be good.

My impression: 9/10

6) Overall:

*If you like action-suspense dramas then you need to watch this.
*If you like action dramas with romance thrown in it then IRIS will fit your taste.

*IRIS is a drama that you need to watch when you're looking for a respectable action story with lots of mystery and suspense and let's not forget that it has great main roles.

Dec 31, 1969