Rourou

Otomen
27 of 27 people found this review helpful
Jul 20, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

Mainly because I read the manga and wanted to see the drama's adaptation. Then, I found out that Okada Masaki is the lead actor so I became more excited to watch it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Honestly speaking, the storyline is kind of silly but it wasn't boring or unattractive, it was surprisingly enjoyable.

Positive Points:

*This drama is one of the nicest manga adaptations that I've seen read more so far.

*Main Genres:

--->Humor: I remember laughing several times during this drama, mostly in the third or the fourth episode. There were some hilarious moments in here that I had to pause in order to continue my laughter.
The style of Japanese comedy has always proved its way in making any drama lighter and enjoyable.
The comedy scenes weren't randomly present, it was nicely calculated in order to bring laughter when it's needed; that concept was highly appreciated.

--->School: This drama can also be considered as a school drama since it had all the elements that indicates so. The school side was the most hilarious part with a teacher like Hanazawa Yumeko who was really fun to see around, also the kendo teacher (Ryo's father) and all the classmates that made this part enjoyable.

*Another positive point that I should mention; it was really fun to see Asuka's Otomen friends and their ways of hiding their true self; it was very hilarious at many points.

*The imaginations moments that the characters had were always great and enjoyable.

Negative Points:

--->Romance: the romantic concept wasn't appreciated, I would like to think about this drama as a funny school drama rather than a rom-com; it's really better to think about it that way because romance hasn't deliverd much that can make you watch the drama because of it.
The romance was the annoying light type sometimes, it wasn't completely hateful but I can't possibly mention it in the positive points column.

3)Acting/Cast :

*Okada Masaki:

I like him as an actor , I've seen many of his dramas and appreciated most of them. Here, he had the most adorable role ever as a very "cute" role. He didn't fail my expectations; he's always a great actor so I was right for watching this drama because of him.
The character wasn't very different from the one in the manga, actuallly, it was more appealing. I always focus on characters when I watch a manga/anime adaptation in order to see their potency in portraying the orginal ones. Here, I must say that I liked Asuka's character; the way he was trying to hide his love for girly cute things while being the tough kendo captin that everyone loves and finding friends that share his Otomen self in the meantime: It was more than satisfying as a live character adaptation.

*Kaho:

I only saw her in "Tokyo Girl" but I don't judge an actor/actress over a film so let's say that I am not very familiar with her before this drama. Here, I believe that her role was nicely done although I believe that her acting skills are lacking something.
The character didn't attract me, at least, not the way Asuka's character did. I loved the times where Ryo was saving Asuka; those where some great moments.
Ryo's character can be clueless while being on a tough girl mode. It's true that I didn't fall for her character but as a manga adaptation it was an acceptable character.

*Other Cast: I loved the remaining cast, every character in this drama had a unique concept plus there were funny characters everywhere!

*Appreciated Character: Tonomine was a very appreciated character all the way through the drama whether he was Asuka's rival or tough mainly man; he always had interesting scenes.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: I can't possibly speak about romantic chemistry because romance wasn't heavily present. Instead, I will mention that Asuka and Ryo's relationship was really cool to watch.

--->Friendship: Asuka's relationship with the kendo members, Tachibana, Ariake and especially Tonomine was literally mesmerizing.

Cast: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

The closer scene was one of the nicest dramas closures. Overall, the ending was cute and adorable.

The ending: 8.5/10

5) My impresion (How did it affect me):

* I really enjoyed this drama, I think I enjoyed it a little too much.
*Laughter moments were very present so there weren't any chance to get bored.
*I really appreciated the characters in this drama and the adaptation overall.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, it is. I still remember its event (especially the funny moments) even though I watched it a long time ago.

My impression: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you read the manga then you would appreciate this drama's adaptation.
*If you like funny dramas then you would enjoy this.
*If you're looking for a romatic drama, you shouldn't expect much from this.
*If you like Okada Masaki, you need to watch this because it will give you another image aboout this actor.

Overall: 7.5/10.
Queen Of The Game
26 of 26 people found this review helpful
Jun 28, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was in "drama mood" so in that period U wasn't picky at all. I just read the synopsis then I decided to watch this drama without expecting anything from it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story wasn't very special but it can't be considered as a one of K-dramas usual plots. However, it wasn't outstanding.

Positive Points:

*The storyline had a great dramatical depth which can read more make you tagged to its events.

*Main Genres:

--->Romance: This is a romantic story with all the meanings that the word "Romance" refer to; it was well written in order to make developments go deeper and deeper after each episode.
The romance here is the "mature" type, not like those childish romantic stories that we see everywhere but it's not very serious that would make you get bothered since they added moments to cheer the audience and keep boring moments out; i believe it was a smart move in order to maintain the great romance.
One more point, romance was a play of fate, a play of reality to show how true love can survive no matter what kind obstacles it faces; I know it's a little dreamy but it was cool in the drama.

--->Drama: I consider this drama as a dramatical romance, it's not the rom-com type so the dramatical side was heavily present and well done in some points.
It can be devided to several parts since the storyline was devided, the middle dramatical part was the best then there's some good parts at the beginning.

Negative Points:

*The romance is good but only the main leads romance existed; no side romantic stories that can change the mood a little. Yes, there was the usual Korean triangle but the side romantic stories were absent.
*The dramatical parts in the end were really annoying because it took a wrong turn after the 15th or the 16th episode; I had high hopes for that part and even though, it didn't end up badly but I wasn't satisfied.

*Joo Jin Mo:

I have a great respect for him as an actor, I loved his previous roles and I really liked his role here, it wasn't an intense role but the way he handled things was really well done.
The character was a very strong at first, you can feel the hartred and pain in Lee Shin Jun's eyes then as the drama went on, many changes occurred, many dramatic moments were held by his character, it was intEresting to to follow his character developments but at the end, I noticed some unsatisfying changes in the character's personality but it's all up to the story's changes above.

*Lee Bo Young:

I don't know her as an actress which means that I am not familiar with her acting skills, here she was acceptable and moving in some points because the role was portrayed in a satisfying way.
The character, let's see, I wasn't fully taken by kang Eun seol's character and I never sympathized with her. The character was off sometimes, cheerful some other times, cool most of the time and what I clearly remember that it was really annoying starting from the 15th or the 16th episode.

*Other Cast: I am only familiar with some of them but I think their roles were nicely done, except some annoying characters, the supporting roles were okay.

Relationships:

--->Romance: The chemistry was good, like I said earlier it's one of the greatest romantic stories that I've ever seen plus the leads made it enjoyable "most" of the time.

--->The triangle: Most of the time they were really annoying to watch, I skipped those parts often, I tried to watch but they weren't any close to the sweet triangles that we usually know but I have to appreciate Kim Pil Seo's character since it was "mature"

--->The leads relationship with Lee Shin Jun's mother: It was really well done at first but when it took the obvious turns near the ending, I became uninterested.

4) The ending:

I liked the final obstacle, it was somehow unexpected and cool to watch. Nice closure but it doesn't deny that it was one of K-dramas classical endings.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was really interested in this drama and that's the main reason I finished it fast.
*I wasn't bored but I have to admit that I skipped several parts in order to make my watching time equilibrated plus there were scenes that I didn't like.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, I am keeping this drama in my mind as one of the greatest romantic dramas but not as one of the greatest dramas that I've ever seen.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic stories than this for you.
*If you're into romantic comedies, I don't think that this drama would suit your taste.
*Watch this if you're looking for a great male lead.

Overall: 8/10.
My Little Bride
34 of 35 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was attracted by the synopsis so I decided to give it a try.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story isn't complicated nor original; I saw this type of story in "Sweet 18" before yet this film's storyline was really appealing.

Positive points:

*The story was romantic but not too romantic since it focused on family too.
*It had a great combination since it was funny, cute read more while being a little serious
*The story's developement was amazing to follow.
*The whole adult-child love story was somehow innocent even when they lived toghether: I liked that concept.

Negative points:

There isn't, I just wished that they made this into a drama instead; it would have been perfect that way.

Story: 8.5/10

3)Acting/Cast:

It couldn't been any better even though I am not too familiar with the leads.
*The chemistry between them was somehow captivating even though it wasn't that present.
*Moon Geun Young did a great job in portraying the innocent 15 years old girl with all its sides; whether it was with her husband, her family, her school and everything else.
*I loved how Park Sang Min reacted with his little bride by trying to be the responsible adult but that didn't cut out the funny side of his character.

Cast: 7.75/10
Acting: 8/10

4)The ending:

The type of ending that anyone would like to see even though it was typical but that doesn't deny that it was fluffy.

5) My Impression (How did it affect me):

*I was intrested in the whole concept ever since the film began, I had fun while watching it and it wasn't boring, not even the slightest bit.
*This is is a great memorable film.

My Impression: 9/10

6) Overall :

*If you like rom-coms then you must watch this.
*If you like old-young relationships then this is for you.
*If you like innocent love stories then you may like this.

My Girlfriend is an Agent
32 of 33 people found this review helpful
May 6, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I have no idea, all I know that I couldn't sleep around 3 am then I found this film's dvd in one of my collections so I decided to watch it.
I never watch films without reading its synopsis but this was a great exception.

2-Storyline/Plot : On the outside, it may sound like the Korean version of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" but somehow I thought read more it was special with its own events and its own charm.
I laughed so hard while watching this to the point that I tried blocking my mouth with my hands since was afraid that I may wake everyone in the house: yes, it was really funny! The story wasn't outstanding but the laughter moments (and sometimes romance moments) made me fall for it.

3-Acting/Cast : I like Kim Ha Neul and yeah she was cool here but I believe that Kang Ji Hwan was the leader of this film; he really cracked me up and the way he screams was so freaking funny, he really managed to pertray his role in a perfect way and most of all, he was believable.

4-The ending : I loved the final scene but the general ending was a typical rom-com ending.

5-My impression: This film literally cracked me up; I remember laughing my stomach out until I almost rolled on the floor late at night. This is a unforgettable film indeed.

6-Overall : This is the type of film that I would recommend to anyone:
There's laughter.
The funny romance.
Action (especially the hilarious action scenes with Kang Ji Hwan).
She's on Duty
19 of 19 people found this review helpful
Jun 18, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was attracted by the synopsis and the lead actors so I decided to give it a try without any sort of expectations.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This film's story wasn't special but it was interesting to watch, the general concept was something that would make you attracted.

Positive points:

*This is the type of story that fits the majority of viewers because it has an appealing concept. read more *Main Genres:

--->Action: it was present in many moments and many turns; this element made the film enjoyable (I wouldn't imagine myself watching the movie if there wasn't this element) plus the action scenes were nicely made and very believable.

--->Humor: this film was hilarious but not too funny so don't get your hopes too high. Funny scenes were present every once in a while which made the storyline lighter.

Negative points:

--->Romance: it wasn't heavily present, actually we don't get to see a lot of romance in this film, it was superficial and not very interesting (except a little at the end). However, it doesn't ruin the general story but I can't possibly call this "A romantic film".

Story: 8.5/10

*Gong Yoo:
This actor's films/dramas are always interesting to watch. Here, it wasn't any different; his role was a "cool" role that kept things enjoyable. His action scenes were nice too: great kicking skills.
Speaking about the character, I would say that Kang No-young's personality was sometimes mysterious and indifferent yet it can become warm and caring at some other points.

*Kim Sun Ah:
In my Dictionary, she has always been a good actress who knows how to deliver emotions. Here, I saw decent acting skills and some nice action moves.
The character was the strong girl type, it was really funny sometimes and super serious at other times. Chun Jae-in's school girl mode was greatly done, I liked everything she have done as a high school girl especially the way she reacted with her surroundings.

*Other Cast: The acting wasn't bad plus the choice of characters was nicely done that's why I have no complains about the supporting roles.

*Relationships:

--->Friendship : I liked that concept here even though it wasn't that deep but it was good enough to make you interested.
--->Chun Jae-in's relationships with her uncle and the police departement members was hilarious sometimes and enjoyable most of the time.
--->Romance: Due to lack of romance in the storyline, there weren't much chemistry to talk about.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 9/10

4) The ending:

The romance was fixed in the end but this was your usual rom-com ending; the sort of ending that anyone would love to see on screen.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

The feelings I had while watching this:
*Some anticipating moments since I wanted to know what will happen next.
*Some excitement moments during action scenes.
*Entertainement moments were included too.
*I don't think there were any boring moments during the film; only some slow moments but they didn't last for long.

*Is this film memorable: yes, I think it can be considered as a memorable film although it isn't special.

My impresion: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you like action films with a slight of romance then you may want to watch this.
*If you like strong female leads and cool male leads then this is for you.
*If you're into undercover films then you would like this.

Rondo
18 of 18 people found this review helpful
Nov 1, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

I’ve been meaning to watch this drama long time ago but obviously I forget about it (I have no idea why) then I found its thread in MDL and decided to give it a chance.

Note: I agree with most points mentioned in the two reviews below but I had to state my opinion.

2)Storyline/Plot:

*Generally speaking this is a smartly written storyline that revolves around the read more world of crime while having romance as the center of many plot changes.

Positive Points:

*Honestly speaking, twists are the most important part of the storyline since you can’t lose interest while watching; those unpredictable events are the reason that catches the audience attention (especially me).

*Main genres:

--->Crime/Thriller: This is not a detective drama hence don’t be scared by the intensive police meddling into the storyline; it had some crime elements into it but they weren’t that deep to be fully considered as a “Crime drama”.
Thriller was simply astonishing here; it had many great suspense moments which prohibit you from predicting anything. There were a lot of mind-blowing events that you can’t see it coming therefore I have to give writers credit for many “What? When did that happen?” Scenes.

---->Romance: Though it was a little annoying when it comes to changing the spoken language, this was a well written Japanese-Korean romantic story; there were magnificent cultural interactions within the romantic story which made it more and more fascinating.
Other than that, romance had many charming and dangerous turns thus it will never make lose interest while you’re following its events and development.

Negative Points:

*Even if there were some negative points, they didn’t ruin the story’s aspect; they’re acceptable overall.

Story: 9.5/10.

3)Acting/Cast:

*This is a Korean Japanese drama consequently there were actors from both sides which made it more interesting than any other Japanese drama cast.

*Takenouchi Yutaka was always a very respectable actor; he was brilliant as this drama’s lead male because the role matched him so well. As you watch his acting, you’d feel depth which makes you want to see more of him on screen.
I am not familiar with Choi Ji Woo but she made through; her acting was believable and full with feelings which made her completely fitting for this type of role.
The rest of actors were good but not too great; in general, they were up to standard.
*As for characters, Sho/Takumi wasn’t an unusual character (discovering the truth behind the death of his father) still it felt creative and very absorbing no matter what sort of events he went through; whether it was action, romance, suspense, the character conveyed many fascinating feelings.
Yuna was a typical character until unpredictable twists took over. On the whole, the character was appreciated mainly because it leaded an unusual path.

*Other characters were important for the story’s development; I couldn’t imagine this kind of story without their presence.

*Appreciated character: Kim Young Jae because he added a special taste to the storyline plus he was one of the most unpredictable characters out there: More mysterious, more fun!

*Relationships:

--->Romance: One of the most charming chemistries that I’ve seen so far; it’s one of those romantic stories that you want to see more of it on screen but no matter how much you see it, you feel that it’s not enough. The lead actors had a mesmerizing relationship indeed because every scene they have together was absolutely attractive.

--->Sisterhood: I appreciated the relationship between Yuna and her sister; it felt natural and special in many ways.

Cast: 8/10
Acting: 9.25/10.

4)The ending:

It may have fallen into Japanese detective style endings but I haven’t seen it coming no matter how much I think about it, I was thrilled to find out the out-coming of the story.

The ending: 8.5/10.

5)My impression:

*For me, this was a joy ride of pleasant events. I loved this drama simply because it was way too far from my predictable sense; it was really absorbing especially near the end.
*I’ve fallen in love with Yukata in this drama; aside from his astonishing look, I felt a great actor in here: I will definitely watch more of his dramas.
*I was bothered by the bilingual characters in here. Though, I stated that I liked the Korean Japanese interactions but I can’t say that I enjoyed changing the language because I watched this drama Raw which made me get a little lost when they spoke Korean, I can understand Japanese but Korean is just a no (My Korean lingual skills are far behind from my Japanese) but fortunately they translated some of them into Japanese.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes it is, simply because of its unpredictable twisty events that made me enjoy it to the extremes. Nonetheless, I don’t think this is the greatest drama out there since there are many others of the same genre that suppresses it.

My impression: 9/10.

6)Overall:

*If you like crime Japanese dramas with many twists then you will enjoy this.
*If you like great romantic chemistries then you would like this.

*Rondo is a great drama that’s full of enjoyable twists and great actors who knows how to deliver amazing feelings.

Overall: 9/10.

Note: If you were already spoiled, don’t watch this because it makes you lose the taste of its suspense. Another point, I hope you can find subs for this drama because I heard that there weren’t any; it’s a shame that this amazing drama doesn’t get the appropriate attention.
Kurosagi: The Movie
18 of 18 people found this review helpful
Apr 4, 2012
Well i am one of those people who fell in love with Kurosagi the drama and was impatiently waiting for the movie. I was hoping that they would finish the drama in a great way but i was kind of disappointed in the story and the movie's events; it's like they went to point 0 of the drama just like nothing happpened at the end which made me angry but being able read more to see Kurosagi's tricks all over again worth watching.
If you watched the drama you'il probably dislike this but as i said earlier seeing the old tricks worth wasting your time on it.
Yes it could have been better but the effort is granted.
Duelist
25 of 26 people found this review helpful
May 14, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I don't usually watch korean historical film, this was one of the exceptions since I had its DVD in one of my collections for a long time because I thought it was a historical-Wuxia Chinese film but when I found its synopsis and main actors in MDL, I decided to watch it right away even though it's Korean.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Do you love stories that would read more make you feel like you're watching a piece of art? This is it!!

Positive points:

*To start with, action films mixed with romance are one of the favorite genres that I like to watch and this film was just the type.
*Love through fighting was a brilliant idea that made this film's story so captivating because usually the leads are on the same side.
*The fighting scenes were nicely done; grafic effects and cinematography would make you feel like you're watching a piece of art being painted.
*The historical concept gave this film its great concept, it wouldn't be this great if it was in another era.

Negative points:

*The general presentation period didn't tell much therefore we don't get to know a lot about the leads (specially the lead male).
*The romantic story could've went a lot deeper; we haven't seen a lot on that side but that doesn't mean it was bad.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Kang Dong Won: I just love this actor because he always have unusual roles, here he was amazingly different. I usually love it when the lead male is mysterious, handsome, martial arts expert, full of karisma and I found all of that in "sad eyes" character; it was a perfectly portrayed character although he may sound very silent but he managed to deliver a lot of emotions: *Claps* I really loved him here.

*Ha Ji Won : In every drama/film, she can portray any character in a good way, here it wasn't any different; she was cool with her foolishness and manly behavior, she was the kind of strong/independent female lead plus she delivered great emotions. However, Kang Dong Won amazed me more.
*I just loved the chemistry between the leads because every scene they had together was interesting to watch; they were so cool especially in fighting scenes.
*I was right for watching it because of the lead actors: they did a great job.
*The general acting was cool and the supporting roles were acceptable.

Cast: 9.5/10
Acting: 10/10

4) The ending:

*Some people may not understand it, I would love to explain it but I would spoil it for those who haven't seen the film yet.
*Anyway, it was a great ending plus it was really logical for this type of film.

The ending: 9/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I didn't get my eyes off the screen the whole time, it was really interesting to watch. I am still wondering why I haven't seen it before.
*I was really entertained; i laughed, I was excited because of the fighting scenes, I was moved by the sad emotions somehow (I don't usually get moved by any sort of sadness so this is rare).

My impression: 9.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like action films mixed with romance then this is for you but don't expect a lot on the romantic side.
*If you like mysterious male lead/strong female lead then this is for you.
*If you like martial arts film that's full of cinematography then this is for you.

Overall: 9/10.
Love You You
25 of 26 people found this review helpful
Apr 26, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : Just because I wanted to watch a romantic film, I found this by mere chance on some site so I decided to watch it and I am glad I gave it a chance.

2-Storyline/Plot : At first, I felt it's just the same plot as other rom-coms films that I've seen before (nothing different), I was even a little disappointed. However, as the film went on read more I became extremely amazed and I kept having this question in my mind: "how could the story turn around like that?"; I really appreciated the turn it took.

3-Acting/Cast : It's the first time that I see those two actors; I believe they've done a great job in this film. I wil be looking forward to see them in other productions.

4-Music : Yes, I appreciated the music because it was cool somehow; not too loud not too smooth.

5-Rewatch value : Hmmm, since this film contain a final twist, I believe it would be useless to watch it since you've already seen the core of the film.

6-The ending : One of the greatest endings that I've ever seen in chinese romantic comedy films; the twist at the end was so nicely done.
Wriiters managed to fool us around until the very last end, I really didn't expect or anticipate that: I really love it when an ending surprises me.

7-Overall: At first I was going to give this a 5 or a 6 but then when the twist came along I became greatful that I gave this film a chance; it totally deserves the time that I wasted on it.

P.S : Don't be fooled by the summary or the publicity pictures; this film has something that will surprise you because it's not your usual dumb romantic comedy film.
Sophie's Revenge
22 of 23 people found this review helpful
May 18, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I don't usually watch Chinese rom-coms but this one slipped away when I was watching too many romantic comedies.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story isn't something special or new but the way everything was mixed together made the film's story interesting somehow.

Positive points:

*The film's introduction was a good intro for what will happen next.
*There were two well-written twits that you don't usually find read more in romantic comedies stories: that was a nice change.
*Leads mixture was really cool even though it wasn't that intense.
*Finally and most importantly, there were several hilarious moments to make the film lighter.

Negative points:

*Although there were a respectable amount of negative points but I will only mention that the revenge plot wasn't that great, it would have been much better if it was written otherwise.

Story: 7.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Zhang Ziyi: It was a surprise to see her in a rom-com film since I only saw her in Wuxia productions before. I was convinced by her acting but I can't say the same about her character.
*Other actors were good too, they knew how to make it really enjoyablespecially Fan Bing Bing she grasped the evil role perfectly but So Ji Sub was a disappointement here (mainly because I rarely like Korean actors in Chinese or Taiwanese productions).

*The chemistry was believable but not that enjoyable.

Acting: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

Although it could have been much better but script writers chose to make it expected. It wasn't bad overall.

The ending: 7/10.

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*Although it wasn't a special film, it was entertaining and I had fun while watching it.
*Considering the fact that I don't watch Chinese romantic comedies, this was pretty good.

My impression 7/10.

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you would like this.
*Ifyou like revenge plots then don't expect much from this.

Overall: 7/10.
Love in Disguise
28 of 30 people found this review helpful
May 4, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I was looking for an idol film so I end up wayching this.

2-Storyline/Plot : Many would think that the story of an idol falling for a normal girl is so common and cheesy but this film story took a different level since it focused on finding a soulmate through music so the plot's setting was sort of unique. However, the romantic side wasn't satisfying since read more the story's development didn't focus on many important elements.
The music in here was amazing: a combination between classical Chinese music and the modern Chinese pop; I don't really focus on any film/drama's music while watching especially Chinese ones but the music felt like a deep core in this film. Great job!!

3-Acting/Cast : Wang Leehom has done everything here: playing the dorkey, the famous, the smart, the dumb; he did a great job indeed.
The lead actress succeeded in playing the innocent simple character; The cast was good enough and the acting was satisfying.

4-The ending : A typical rom-com ending; nothing special about it.

5-My Impression: Whan I started watching this film, I didn't have any expectations for it but later on I surprised myself by liking it plus I was literally blown by the music, I never thought that it could've been that great.

6-Overall : If you're rom-com lover then you would like this.
If you like idol shows then you need to watch this.
If you like classical or modern Chinese music then you would love this.
If you like Wang Leehom then you really need to watch this.
Too Beautiful to Lie
20 of 21 people found this review helpful
Jun 21, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I remember watching this film in a "Friends night", I wasn't the one who chose it but I appreciated the choice.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking,the film's story wasn't original or great but the script writers knew how to get the audience intention.

Positive Points:

*This film is directed to any type of audience since it has the elements that would keep most of viewers attracted.

*Main read more Genres:

--->Humor: It made this film cool and light plus laughter scenes were so diversified and frequently present especially at the beginning. It's the type of humor that keeps you expecting more, the funny scenes were hilarious especially for those who like comedy because when you don't laugh, you would be smiling.
Even though this genre wasn't present in the middle or near the end but it's considered as highly satisfying.

--->Romance: Since it's a romantic comedy, the romance was fair enough to the film's genre. I wouldn't say it's the most attractive romantic story but it was acceptable enough to consider it as a positive point.

Negative Points:

*I will mention that some situations were badly expressed in a way that would make you think that story lacked something.
*There were some blank moments during the film.
*The story wasn't really that special nor very captivating, it's the humor that gave it charm.

Story: 7/10.

*Kang Dong Won:

I am always amazed by this actor's skills, charisma and the way he portrays his roles. Here he was a little different from his other productions but I would say that this film proved his amazing acting skils since he can adjust to any character.
Speaking about the character, I would say that it has the kind of naive personality but it gave me good laughter moments. I wouldn't judge Choi Hee Cheol deeply because its actions were set by the story so I rather praising Kang Dong Won acting.

*Kim Ha Neul:

I am sort of used to her roles, this actress is predictable somehow. Here, it wasn't any different but her way of expressing the character was appreciated. However, I have to admit that her way in portraying the role was a little weird at first then as the film went on everything was set smoothly.
The character is one of those independent females. Ju Yeongju lies and professional pretens made the character appealing and enjoyable most of the time plus it was really convincing.

*Other cast: most of them were acceptable exept Ju Yeongju friends, they were really annoying to watch. I speacially liked the grandmother, she was really funny because of the line that she always say.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: I wouldn't say there was a great chemistry here but it's all due to the storyline.

--->The leads relationship with the family and the village members: it was really cool to watch; it was sort of heartwarming and great to see how everyone treats each other.

4) The ending:

It was predictable yet cool.

Then ending: 7/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was giggling with my friends almost most of the time, it was fun.
*There weren't a lot of boring moments plus it was entertaining.

*Is this film memorable : If I will keep any memory of it, that would be because of the funny moments that I had while watching this film.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you may want to watch this.
*If you would like to laugh then this is for you.
*If you're looking for an entertaining film to pass time with then watch this.

Overall: 7.5/10.
26 Years Diary
19 of 20 people found this review helpful
Apr 9, 2012
What I liked about this movie is its unique and interesting storyline : it’s practically a biography which talks about Lee Tae Sung who after serving the army decided to go to Japan since he has always loved,then he fell in love with the musician Yuri who encounters a tough family life. Even though there was the language differences and difficulties, they actually get along, he helps her to continue her road read more in music and arrange her family life.
I specially loved the lead actor and found many stro,g points in his acting unlike the lead actress whose acting was a little disordered especially at first but things get along well as the movie goes on.
I loved this film despite its sad atmosphere, it was a great because its true story that was made to honor the Korean student for his noble act, I won't say what's the story of the noble act you have to watch the film and find out yourself .
If you're looking for something different then this is recommended; you will understand my cryptic last lines when you watch it.
Hot Summer Days
12 of 12 people found this review helpful
Apr 25, 2012
1-The reason i watched this : i was so bored then i found this movie so i decided to watch it in a try to cheer up but i end up getting even more bored, i was mostly attracted by the numerous stories .

2-Storyline/Plot : At first i thought that the story of the movie is going to make me love it since it have 5 diffrent love stories in summer read more but i was wrong i end up hating it, i usually fall for movies with numerous stories but this movie's story wasn't that good it was fair not the kind of story that will grasp your attention from the first moment.

3-Acting/Cast : the only strength point in this movie; it got some great actors that knows how to deliver feelings.

4-Music : i don't actually remember it so it got to be that bad.

5-Rewatch value : i couldn't stand watching it once and kept skipping some parts how about rewatching it i must be crazy if i do so.

6-The ending : the kind of ending that everyone want to see, i was expecting it anyway so there isn't much to tell about it because i hate it when i expect the ending and it turn out to be the same as my expectations. I was hoping that they will surprise me or something yet what i was anticipating actually happened.

7-Overall : i won't say watch it or not because that's up to you but if you're bored and looking for a movie to cheer up please avoid this movie, i really regret wasting my time on; it so not worth watching.
Beck
18 of 19 people found this review helpful
Jun 5, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

Simply because it's a musical film since I like musicals and rock was my favorite music genre at some point therefore I watched this film.

2) Storyline/Plot:

I haven't seen the anime so I didn't know the story beforehand.
Generally, it was pretty good and most of all interesting.

Positive points:

*Rock bands and guitar love; those facts were appealing enough.
*The relationships in the film were read more captivating since they enrolled too many great feelings.
*Compititions and races to prove oneself ability and passion for music (rock music to be more specific) was a great theme to follow.
*The story's development was smooth: not too fastforward and not too slow.
*Considering the fact that this was a musical film, the music rocked, even those who don't like rock would enjoy it while people who are into rock would love the guitar playing.

Negative points:

*There weren't a lot of concentration on the love story, it was verylight (I like light love stories but this one was ridiculously light).
*Other than that, everything was set up in an acceptable way.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Mizushima Hiro: I liked his character and the way he played guitar plus the acting was really convincing.
*Satoh Takeru: I'm not too familiar with this actor but I believe that he did a pretty good job especially when it comes to passion for music.
*The cast was nicely chosen and the acting was good.
*I loved the relationships between the cast specially Beck band's members; it was cool to watch them play, fight, laugh and everything else they've done because every scnene they had together was a simple masterpiece.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 9.5/10

4) The ending:

I was really waiting for the ending because there was a specific scene that I wanted to know but unfortunatly they kept me in the dark about something I really wanted to hear at the end of the film but that doesn't mean it was a bad ending; it was a cool normal musical film's ending.

The ending: 7/10

5)My impression (How did it affect me):

*It made my night and it was fun to watch.
*Since it's a rock musical film, I knew that I would like it and that's exatly what happened.
*Even though it was a little long, I don't believe I got bored at the middle or so, it was smooth to watch.
*I enjoyed the music since it gave me back some old rock memories that I thought I lost.

My impression: 8.5/10.

6) Overall:

*If you like musicals then you really need to watch this (especially if you're Rock music lover).
*If you're looking for romance then don't expect much from this.
*If You're not J-rock or any type of Rock lover then you wouldn't appreciate this.

Dec 31, 1969