Rourou

The Crucible
93 of 94 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I have a psychiatrist friend who insisted on watching this film. She already knows that I don't mind any sort of special story no matter how horrific it is; I was fully prepared to any type of scenes and so I watched it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

They weren't kidding when they said "This movie contains EXTREMELY graphic child abuse! Do not watch if you are easily disturbed.", read more I intentionally repeated it because this film isn't directed to all types of audience, even if you are an adult you can easily be disturbed.

Positive points:

*It's a true story that focus on a world wide issue: a great topic.
*The producer wasn't afraid of showing the horrible fact to the audience.
*The script writers did a great job by delievering a masterpiece.

For me there isn't.
*Some people would feel sick or shocked that's why I said it's not directed to everyone but if those scenes were absent then it couldn't be fun to watch considering its theme; it was realistic and special in a great way.

Story: 9.75/10

3) Acting/Cast:

I really loved each and everyone of them here.
*It was different yet cool to see Gong Yoo in a serious role.
*The three children have done a great job because their roles were mainly sentimental and they were skilled to portray that aspect.
*The actors knew how to deliever feelings and leave us affected with their issues.

Cast: 8.5/10
Acting: 9.5/10

4)The ending:

It wasn't what anyone wanted but it was great because it was realistic.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*As I said earlier I don't mind any sort of special stories, this film was interesting enough to keep me hooked up for two hours.
*The grafic child abuse is what gave this film its taste no matter how horrible it was.
*I got the conclusion that this world is full of bad people but they only need one courageous person to change the whole thing.
*Protecting children's innocence is our responsibility as adults.

My impression: 9.5/10

6) Overall:

I repeat this film has shocking abuse scenes therefore, if you're a sensitive person don't even think about watching this.
*If you like special stories and don't mind the abusive scenes then you would like this.
*Human rights lovers may want to check this out.
*Don't be fooled about the fact that Gong Yoo is the main lead, it's nothing like his previous Dramas/Films.
*If you're looking for a romantic story then you shouldn't be reading this in the first place.
*I repeat for the last time sensitive people KEEP OUT!

Overall: 9.5/10
Kimi ni Todoke
48 of 49 people found this review helpful
Apr 4, 2012
I watched the anime so i previously know the story and believe me watching the movie was a great thing to do. I didn't feel time passing by and i totally fell in love with the lead actors since they did their roles in a great way.
The innocent love made this movie special on its own way, it was a great adaptation. I totally recommend it: if you watched the anime read more of course you need to watch this and if you haven't then just give it a go and you will just fall in love with it.
Otomen
30 of 30 people found this review helpful
Jul 20, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

Mainly because I read the manga and wanted to see the drama's adaptation. Then, I found out that Okada Masaki is the lead actor so I became more excited to watch it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

Honestly speaking, the storyline is kind of silly but it wasn't boring or unattractive, it was surprisingly enjoyable.

Positive Points:

*This drama is one of the nicest manga adaptations that I've seen read more so far.

*Main Genres:

--->Humor: I remember laughing several times during this drama, mostly in the third or the fourth episode. There were some hilarious moments in here that I had to pause in order to continue my laughter.
The style of Japanese comedy has always proved its way in making any drama lighter and enjoyable.
The comedy scenes weren't randomly present, it was nicely calculated in order to bring laughter when it's needed; that concept was highly appreciated.

--->School: This drama can also be considered as a school drama since it had all the elements that indicates so. The school side was the most hilarious part with a teacher like Hanazawa Yumeko who was really fun to see around, also the kendo teacher (Ryo's father) and all the classmates that made this part enjoyable.

*Another positive point that I should mention; it was really fun to see Asuka's Otomen friends and their ways of hiding their true self; it was very hilarious at many points.

*The imaginations moments that the characters had were always great and enjoyable.

Negative Points:

--->Romance: the romantic concept wasn't appreciated, I would like to think about this drama as a funny school drama rather than a rom-com; it's really better to think about it that way because romance hasn't deliverd much that can make you watch the drama because of it.
The romance was the annoying light type sometimes, it wasn't completely hateful but I can't possibly mention it in the positive points column.

Story: 8/10

3)Acting/Cast :

*Okada Masaki:

I like him as an actor , I've seen many of his dramas and appreciated most of them. Here, he had the most adorable role ever as a very "cute" role. He didn't fail my expectations; he's always a great actor so I was right for watching this drama because of him.
The character wasn't very different from the one in the manga, actuallly, it was more appealing. I always focus on characters when I watch a manga/anime adaptation in order to see their potency in portraying the orginal ones. Here, I must say that I liked Asuka's character; the way he was trying to hide his love for girly cute things while being the tough kendo captin that everyone loves and finding friends that share his Otomen self in the meantime: It was more than satisfying as a live character adaptation.

*Kaho:

I only saw her in "Tokyo Girl" but I don't judge an actor/actress over a film so let's say that I am not very familiar with her before this drama. Here, I believe that her role was nicely done although I believe that her acting skills are lacking something.
The character didn't attract me, at least, not the way Asuka's character did. I loved the times where Ryo was saving Asuka; those where some great moments.
Ryo's character can be clueless while being on a tough girl mode. It's true that I didn't fall for her character but as a manga adaptation it was an acceptable character.

*Other Cast: I loved the remaining cast, every character in this drama had a unique concept plus there were funny characters everywhere!

*Appreciated Character: Tonomine was a very appreciated character all the way through the drama whether he was Asuka's rival or tough mainly man; he always had interesting scenes.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: I can't possibly speak about romantic chemistry because romance wasn't heavily present. Instead, I will mention that Asuka and Ryo's relationship was really cool to watch.

--->Friendship: Asuka's relationship with the kendo members, Tachibana, Ariake and especially Tonomine was literally mesmerizing.

Cast: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

The closer scene was one of the nicest dramas closures. Overall, the ending was cute and adorable.

The ending: 8.5/10

5) My impresion (How did it affect me):

* I really enjoyed this drama, I think I enjoyed it a little too much.
*Laughter moments were very present so there weren't any chance to get bored.
*I really appreciated the characters in this drama and the adaptation overall.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, it is. I still remember its event (especially the funny moments) even though I watched it a long time ago.

My impression: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you read the manga then you would appreciate this drama's adaptation.
*If you like funny dramas then you would enjoy this.
*If you're looking for a romatic drama, you shouldn't expect much from this.
*If you like Okada Masaki, you need to watch this because it will give you another image aboout this actor.

Overall: 7.5/10.
Queen Of The Game
29 of 29 people found this review helpful
Jun 28, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was in "drama mood" so in that period U wasn't picky at all. I just read the synopsis then I decided to watch this drama without expecting anything from it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story wasn't very special but it can't be considered as a one of K-dramas usual plots. However, it wasn't outstanding.

Positive Points:

*The storyline had a great dramatical depth which can read more make you tagged to its events.

*Main Genres:

--->Romance: This is a romantic story with all the meanings that the word "Romance" refer to; it was well written in order to make developments go deeper and deeper after each episode.
The romance here is the "mature" type, not like those childish romantic stories that we see everywhere but it's not very serious that would make you get bothered since they added moments to cheer the audience and keep boring moments out; i believe it was a smart move in order to maintain the great romance.
One more point, romance was a play of fate, a play of reality to show how true love can survive no matter what kind obstacles it faces; I know it's a little dreamy but it was cool in the drama.

--->Drama: I consider this drama as a dramatical romance, it's not the rom-com type so the dramatical side was heavily present and well done in some points.
It can be devided to several parts since the storyline was devided, the middle dramatical part was the best then there's some good parts at the beginning.

Negative Points:

*The romance is good but only the main leads romance existed; no side romantic stories that can change the mood a little. Yes, there was the usual Korean triangle but the side romantic stories were absent.
*The dramatical parts in the end were really annoying because it took a wrong turn after the 15th or the 16th episode; I had high hopes for that part and even though, it didn't end up badly but I wasn't satisfied.

Story: 8/10

*Joo Jin Mo:

I have a great respect for him as an actor, I loved his previous roles and I really liked his role here, it wasn't an intense role but the way he handled things was really well done.
The character was a very strong at first, you can feel the hartred and pain in Lee Shin Jun's eyes then as the drama went on, many changes occurred, many dramatic moments were held by his character, it was intEresting to to follow his character developments but at the end, I noticed some unsatisfying changes in the character's personality but it's all up to the story's changes above.

*Lee Bo Young:

I don't know her as an actress which means that I am not familiar with her acting skills, here she was acceptable and moving in some points because the role was portrayed in a satisfying way.
The character, let's see, I wasn't fully taken by kang Eun seol's character and I never sympathized with her. The character was off sometimes, cheerful some other times, cool most of the time and what I clearly remember that it was really annoying starting from the 15th or the 16th episode.

*Other Cast: I am only familiar with some of them but I think their roles were nicely done, except some annoying characters, the supporting roles were okay.

Relationships:

--->Romance: The chemistry was good, like I said earlier it's one of the greatest romantic stories that I've ever seen plus the leads made it enjoyable "most" of the time.

--->The triangle: Most of the time they were really annoying to watch, I skipped those parts often, I tried to watch but they weren't any close to the sweet triangles that we usually know but I have to appreciate Kim Pil Seo's character since it was "mature"

--->The leads relationship with Lee Shin Jun's mother: It was really well done at first but when it took the obvious turns near the ending, I became uninterested.

Cast: 7/10

4) The ending:

I liked the final obstacle, it was somehow unexpected and cool to watch. Nice closure but it doesn't deny that it was one of K-dramas classical endings.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was really interested in this drama and that's the main reason I finished it fast.
*I wasn't bored but I have to admit that I skipped several parts in order to make my watching time equilibrated plus there were scenes that I didn't like.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, I am keeping this drama in my mind as one of the greatest romantic dramas but not as one of the greatest dramas that I've ever seen.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic stories than this for you.
*If you're into romantic comedies, I don't think that this drama would suit your taste.
*Watch this if you're looking for a great male lead.

Overall: 8/10.
My Little Bride
36 of 37 people found this review helpful
May 8, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was attracted by the synopsis so I decided to give it a try.

2) Storyline/Plot:

The general story isn't complicated nor original; I saw this type of story in "Sweet 18" before yet this film's storyline was really appealing.

Positive points:

*The story was romantic but not too romantic since it focused on family too.
*It had a great combination since it was funny, cute read more while being a little serious
*The story's developement was amazing to follow.
*The whole adult-child love story was somehow innocent even when they lived toghether: I liked that concept.

Negative points:

There isn't, I just wished that they made this into a drama instead; it would have been perfect that way.

Story: 8.5/10

3)Acting/Cast:

It couldn't been any better even though I am not too familiar with the leads.
*The chemistry between them was somehow captivating even though it wasn't that present.
*Moon Geun Young did a great job in portraying the innocent 15 years old girl with all its sides; whether it was with her husband, her family, her school and everything else.
*I loved how Park Sang Min reacted with his little bride by trying to be the responsible adult but that didn't cut out the funny side of his character.

Cast: 7.75/10
Acting: 8/10

4)The ending:

The type of ending that anyone would like to see even though it was typical but that doesn't deny that it was fluffy.

5) My Impression (How did it affect me):

*I was intrested in the whole concept ever since the film began, I had fun while watching it and it wasn't boring, not even the slightest bit.
*This is is a great memorable film.

My Impression: 9/10

6) Overall :

*If you like rom-coms then you must watch this.
*If you like old-young relationships then this is for you.
*If you like innocent love stories then you may like this.

Overall: 8.5/10.
Love On-Air
23 of 23 people found this review helpful
May 13, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

At the time, I didn't have time to watch dramas so I only watched films. This was appealing enough to give it a try.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This film's story seemed somehow special and different from any other idol or rom-com film that's why it felt appealing.

Positive points:

*The story was smooth since it combined great events and feelings together.
*The mini-stories intoduced during the film read more were a nice touch to avoid slow moments.
*The love story was light to the point that it would make you think that this isn't a romantic film yet the important feelings were there plus it felt like the right thing to do.

*Considering the fact that it was almost a musical film, I would say that the music was cool; not great, not bad.

Negative points:

*There was something missing in this film. They should've pushed it a little far in the middle since the story's development felt incomplete.

Story: 7.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Lee Min Jung : I really loved that actress here; she knew how to deliever feelings and make good expressions. She portrayed her role well and gave a good impression as the lead lady plus she's pretty.

*Lee Jung Jin : I liked his character too, he was so mature and manly in many ways , he did his role in a good way.

*I loved the relationship between leads whether in fighting or in romance; good chemistry.
*I liked other cast plus there acting was satisfying.

Cast: 8/10

4) The ending:

Even though it was a typical rom-com ending but I end up enjoying it and closing the screen with a happy face.

The ending: 7.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was entertained, it was fun to watch.
*I was a little surprised since I hadn't much expectations for this but I end up liking it. I just love it when a film/drama surprise me (in a good way of course)
*I wasn't bored which is enough to make me satisfied.

My impression 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like rom-coms then you would like this.
*If you like musical films then you may appreciate this.
*If you like light love stories then this is for you.

Overall: 7.5/10.
My Girlfriend is an Agent
32 of 33 people found this review helpful
May 6, 2012
1-The reason I watched this : I have no idea, all I know that I couldn't sleep around 3 am then I found this film's dvd in one of my collections so I decided to watch it.
I never watch films without reading its synopsis but this was a great exception.

2-Storyline/Plot : On the outside, it may sound like the Korean version of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" but somehow I thought read more it was special with its own events and its own charm.
I laughed so hard while watching this to the point that I tried blocking my mouth with my hands since was afraid that I may wake everyone in the house: yes, it was really funny! The story wasn't outstanding but the laughter moments (and sometimes romance moments) made me fall for it.

3-Acting/Cast : I like Kim Ha Neul and yeah she was cool here but I believe that Kang Ji Hwan was the leader of this film; he really cracked me up and the way he screams was so freaking funny, he really managed to pertray his role in a perfect way and most of all, he was believable.

4-The ending : I loved the final scene but the general ending was a typical rom-com ending.

5-My impression: This film literally cracked me up; I remember laughing my stomach out until I almost rolled on the floor late at night. This is a unforgettable film indeed.

6-Overall : This is the type of film that I would recommend to anyone:
There's laughter.
The funny romance.
Action (especially the hilarious action scenes with Kang Ji Hwan).
The Bridal Mask
41 of 43 people found this review helpful
Sep 10, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I was planning to watch this drama after it finish airing because I thought it would be a nightmare to wait for the following episodes yet I found an MV about the first four episodes and couldn't wait any longer so I end up watching those four episodes back to back and that's how the journey began.

2)Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking, the drama's storyline is unique; gathering read more numerous factors of perfection to create marvellous events with amazing changes each episode. Moreover, script writers knew how to keep viewers interested even if there were unwanted events during the episode, its ending will leave you impatiently wondering about what will happen next. This drama's story is an intelligent combination between breathtaking events, amazing characters changes and great action moments.

Positive Points:

*This drama had one of the most outstanding story's development since it went deeper and deeper every episode in order to show many angles and many events that became greater with each episode passing by.

*Script writers knew how to insert "epic moments" in order to drag the audience intention, when we're not waiting for something to happen, it surprises you and give you the "OMG" moment; that was intensively present in this drama. I just love it when a storyline surprises me, it makes it hard to predict anything from the beginning till the very last end.

*Main Genres:

--->Action: Even though this is mostly an action drama, fighting scenes weren't randomly present, it was calculated in order to make viewers eager for those scenes. The action in this drama has delivered a lot of emotions especially when the situation get intense.
The action scenes were always exciting to watch whether it's because of the storyline that lead to action development or because of characters who had amazing gestures and moves during action sequences.
This drama's action differs from other action dramas, the national hero element(Gaksital) gave the drama uncommon plot changes but that doesn't deny the fact that martial arts were perfectly present. I've seen martial arts in other Korean action dramas and I have to say that it didn't feel like Bridal Mask's martial arts; it was smartly added in a fascinating way to make it absorbing: It was flawless.

--->History: This drama was set in the 30's during the darkest period of the Korean history. At the beginning, it may seem disregarded because "Joeson"'s history is none of our concern yet as the drama goes on, events will make it impossible to imagine this drama in another era. Watching historical dramas may seem boring for some people but this drama's setting wasn't the ancient history which made it modern enough to enjoy watching it.
The historical element has made the plot more expressive because the writers focused on the historical side more than the fictional side.

--->Romance: Actually, it could be considered as a negative point since it hasn't deliver a lot of emotions. However, for an intense drama that's full of action, it was the right amount. It's true that it was light but it had deeper meanings since most of the romantic stories started in the past and continued in the present.
The romantic flashbacks were smartly added, it wasn't like most of other dramas that add flashbacks to gain space in the drama's time, it was present were it needed to be.

Negative points:

*As for me, I didn't sense any negative points in this drama's storyline yet there were some political talks that bothered some viewers since it took a lot of space yet that doesn't affect the general story not even the slightest bit.

*Another point: some people wouldn't enjoy this drama if they didn't watch it while it's airing because there were too many repetitive scenes at the end of some episodes.

*Joo Won:

I haven't seen Joo Won in any other production so I was introduced to his acting skills through this drama and what an introduction! I was so trapped in his acting skills especially at the first episodes and as the drama went on, I became certain that he has an outstanding acting and let's not forget action scenes that were perfectly done.
The role was grasped in an amazing way, I've felt the actor through his screaming, his moves and everything that he's done *Claps*
Speaking about the character, Kang To amazed me ever since the drama began. I was moved by his personality and his charisma. As the character changed, it was like there was another person: Different perspective and different actions that built a whole different character.
Whether it is Lee Kang To, Sato Hiroshi or Gaksital, the character will give you an amazing ride to make you fall for it more and more with each episode passing by.

*Park Ki Woong:

I've only seen him in an horror film before so I am not very familiar with his acting skills. Here, his acting reached me in a perfect way plus the action scenes where he took part were done in a great way. We've got to give credit to Park Ki Woong for his amazing acting skills and his incredible way of portraying the role.
Shunji's character is an unpredictable character, it had many crucial changes that made it unbearable somehow. The changes in Shunji's character are beyond belief, the personality switch was incredible. It was sort of synchronized with Kang To's character transformations yet Shunji's deviation was much profound.

*Jin Se Yun:

I haven't seen her in anything before, I would rather not to judge her as an actress so let's say this was an introduction. However, it would have much better if this role was portrayed by a mature actress.
Mok Dan character didn't appeal to me like Kang To's and Shunji's, that's all what I will say.

*Other cast: Starting with Rara to every supporting role, this drama has an amazing cast that knew how to pull off their character in a great way. There were many characters that can stick in your mind because of their acting skills or their action performances. It was well chosen even though I don't recognize half of them.

*Relationships:

--->Bromance: The bromance in this drama was consuming from the beginning until the end; there was a lot of hard and sweet moments between Kang To and Shunji. The conflicts between the lead males made this drama more captivating. Everything that happened between Kang To and Shunji was interesting to watch; it was one of the most exciting relationships in this drama.

--->Romance: Like I said earlier, the romance was light so we can't possibly talk about chemistry but the side romantic stories were good.

--->The triangle: This drama's triangle is nothing like other Korean dramas triangles, it was gripping due to Shunji who was nothing like other Korean second lead males and Rara who's also different from any other second lead females.

*Appreciated characters: While watching this drama, I liked many characters like Katsuyama and Abe; those characters aren't very important in the drama's storyline yet they left a great impression.

Cast: 9.5/10.
Acting: 10/10.

4) The ending:

Many people were surprised by the ending. As for me, I thought it would be a similar ending ever since I started watching the drama because an intense drama can't have a calm ending.
I appreciated the ending, it was a realistic closure for this type of drama plus it makes sense.
The closing scene is masterpiece of art, it was so great to watch.

The ending: 9.5/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I was captured by this drama ever since I started watching it, I kept impatiently waiting for its episodes to come out every week; it literally made me obsessed over it.
*This was one of the few dramas that I didn't skip any parts while watching it. 28 episodes is considered long somehow but I haven't felt those 28 hours passing by.

*Is this drama memorable: Absolutely! This drama gained a spot in my favorite dramas list, it's one of the greatest Korean dramas that I've seen so far, it brought me the unexpected and the originality.

My impression: 10/10.

6) Overall:

It doesn't matter what genres of dramas you like to watch, this drama have the potential to make you go obsessed over it. I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a great storyline with breathtaking acting skills and amazing music and let's not to forget the marvellous action scenes.

Overall: 10/10.
Kurosagi: The Movie
20 of 20 people found this review helpful
Apr 4, 2012
Well i am one of those people who fell in love with Kurosagi the drama and was impatiently waiting for the movie. I was hoping that they would finish the drama in a great way but i was kind of disappointed in the story and the movie's events; it's like they went to point 0 of the drama just like nothing happpened at the end which made me angry but being able read more to see Kurosagi's tricks all over again worth watching.
If you watched the drama you'il probably dislike this but as i said earlier seeing the old tricks worth wasting your time on it.
Yes it could have been better but the effort is granted.
Sweet 18
29 of 30 people found this review helpful
May 14, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

I watched this a long time ago when I was a little girl who knows nothing about K-dramas. My grandmother was watching it so I tagged along.

2)Storyline/Plot:

I still remember it clearly even though it was a long time, the story was interestig to watch an at that time since I haven't seen stories like this before.

Positive points:

*Learning about family and responsibility while trying read more to to hold into your loved one was a good theme to follow.
*The events were nicely made; you can find romance and some action moments (since the lead actor is a prosecutor) plus there were some moments were the drama took interesting turns.
*The romace wasn't excessive, it's the light type of romance: Not too deep, not too clumsy.

Negative points:

*The storyline felt pushed sometimes which made it lose its natural aspect.
*Some parts felt unnecessary while others felt missing.
*It could've been much better if the events were more exciting.

Story: 6.5/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*The lead actress was clumsy and sometimes funny, I liked her perseverance and her great willpower to make her husband happy and all but I can't say that she's a great actress since you would feel like she's pushing herself to act: that was really annoying to watch.
*The lead actor was the mature type with a manly character plus he has to handel his little bride.
*The chemistry between leads was good but not great; it could have been much better if they pushed it a little.
*Supporting roles were somehow annoying but they didn't ruin the general concept.

Cast: 6/10
Acting: 5.5/10

4) The ending:

It was acceptable and likeable while being normal.

The ending: 7/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*It can be considered as an old drama since it was one of my first watched K-dramas so no hard judges over it.
*I was entertained while I watched it so no regrets plus I was sort of attracted by the drama at the time.

My impression: 8/10

6) Overall:

*If you like old/young relationships then this is for you.
*If you like rom-coms then you may like this.
*If you like clumsy lead females then you may want to give this a try.

Overall: 7/10.
Love Shuffle
Nov 10, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

At the time, I watched many stupid romantic comedies so I needed something different from those usual dumb stories and so I found this drama somewhere. I read the synopsis that seemed appealing enough to give it a go with a medium level of expectations.

2) Storyline/Plot:

*Generally speaking this is a rom-com with a psychological aspect. The drama contains several twists that makes the storyline read more catching.

Positive Points:

*At the beginning (First 15 minutes), everything started really slow that I began to lose interest yet the writers were clever enough to take the story into another different level that attracted my intention.

*The story was captivating all the way through, it was short, psychologically romantic and most of all funny that’s why it hadn’t any dragging or slow moments.

*Main genres:

--->Romance: The romantic aspect in this drama is different from any other romantic comedies that I’ve seen before; there were mature feelings in this drama, the kind of feelings that go deeper and deeper each episode yet it doesn’t fall into the melodrama level since there were childish moments to make it light. I have to give the script writers credit for many "Wait, what happened?" moments while following the romantic development, many plot changes were really surprising and added a great taste to the storyline.

--->Humor: This drama’s funny scenes were smartly written, it was light and enjoyable. Like other Japanese dramas, it was ridiculously fun with all the weird situations.

--->Psychology: The romantic psychology was fairly interesting; there were many strange and sweet situations related to many great philosophic minds in this drama. The psychological cliffhangers were simply amazing, writers managed to keep all the twists captivating by inserting psychology into it.

Negative Points:

*I can’t possibly think about a negative point in this drama’s storyline; it was really great.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Actors made it really believable and enjoyable; they knew how to deliver feelings even when they are trying to be funny. Matsuda Shota and Akira are the most talented actors here; I will add Tanihara Shosuke who portrayed the psychiatrist role perfectly.
Other actors were good too but I wasn’t touched by their acting skills like the three mentioned above.

*As for characters, you would get invested in every character since they always showed interesting developments into their personalities.
Ai-Ai was a great character that portrayed a strong woman personality while having the feminine feelings when she needed too: I would say that her character can represent woman power.

--->O-Chan was a character that would make you want to see him more on screen; it was really nicely done with good personality developments.
--->Kiku-rin was the strongest character in this drama, it manages to make you love him, hate him then love him again: It was a challenging character that added a great storyline development.
--->Usami was a weak character (basing on the storyline so it has nothing to do with Tamaki Hiroshi’s acting skills), it had many flaws but it managed to get through near the end.
Other characters were either average or annoying (……)

*Appreciated character: I was attracted by Kairi’s darkness especially near the end; it was a very appealing character to me.

*Relationships:

--->Romance: Since it’s a shuffle we can’t talk about specific couples yet there were chemistry all over the drama with all those intriguing feelings.

--->Friendship: It was present in a good way here, ever since the first episodes there were many signs of good friendship which made characters appear in a great harmony even if there were problems every once in a while.

*Favorite line: Uso da to itte yo, Joe!

Cast: 9/10.
Acting: 9/10.

4) The ending:
Well, it seemed a little unnatural but that doesn’t mean it was bad. Anyway, this drama had a good ending overall.

The ending: 8/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*Watching this drama was really fun, I got to see a mature drama after a long time so I had great feels about it.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes, It is! Who wouldn’t remember watching a great mature drama with superb actors and awesome characters? This drama touched me in a good way, an unforgettable production indeed.

My impression: 8.75/10.

6) Overall:

*If you’re looking for a mature drama then you should watch this.
*If you’re looking for a great romantic J-drama then you may like this.

*Love Shuffle is a short light drama without any shallow feelings. It’s one of those dramas that are directed to the mature audience out there.

Overall: 9/10.
Rondo
Nov 1, 2012
1)The reason I watched this:

I’ve been meaning to watch this drama long time ago but obviously I forget about it (I have no idea why) then I found its thread in MDL and decided to give it a chance.

Note: I agree with most points mentioned in the two reviews below but I had to state my opinion.

2)Storyline/Plot:

*Generally speaking this is a smartly written storyline that revolves around the read more world of crime while having romance as the center of many plot changes.

Positive Points:

*Honestly speaking, twists are the most important part of the storyline since you can’t lose interest while watching; those unpredictable events are the reason that catches the audience attention (especially me).

*Main genres:

--->Crime/Thriller: This is not a detective drama hence don’t be scared by the intensive police meddling into the storyline; it had some crime elements into it but they weren’t that deep to be fully considered as a “Crime drama”.
Thriller was simply astonishing here; it had many great suspense moments which prohibit you from predicting anything. There were a lot of mind-blowing events that you can’t see it coming therefore I have to give writers credit for many “What? When did that happen?” Scenes.

---->Romance: Though it was a little annoying when it comes to changing the spoken language, this was a well written Japanese-Korean romantic story; there were magnificent cultural interactions within the romantic story which made it more and more fascinating.
Other than that, romance had many charming and dangerous turns thus it will never make lose interest while you’re following its events and development.

Negative Points:

*Even if there were some negative points, they didn’t ruin the story’s aspect; they’re acceptable overall.

3)Acting/Cast:

*This is a Korean Japanese drama consequently there were actors from both sides which made it more interesting than any other Japanese drama cast.

*Takenouchi Yutaka was always a very respectable actor; he was brilliant as this drama’s lead male because the role matched him so well. As you watch his acting, you’d feel depth which makes you want to see more of him on screen.
I am not familiar with Choi Ji Woo but she made through; her acting was believable and full with feelings which made her completely fitting for this type of role.
The rest of actors were good but not too great; in general, they were up to standard.
*As for characters, Sho/Takumi wasn’t an unusual character (discovering the truth behind the death of his father) still it felt creative and very absorbing no matter what sort of events he went through; whether it was action, romance, suspense, the character conveyed many fascinating feelings.
Yuna was a typical character until unpredictable twists took over. On the whole, the character was appreciated mainly because it leaded an unusual path.

*Other characters were important for the story’s development; I couldn’t imagine this kind of story without their presence.

*Appreciated character: Kim Young Jae because he added a special taste to the storyline plus he was one of the most unpredictable characters out there: More mysterious, more fun!

*Relationships:

--->Romance: One of the most charming chemistries that I’ve seen so far; it’s one of those romantic stories that you want to see more of it on screen but no matter how much you see it, you feel that it’s not enough. The lead actors had a mesmerizing relationship indeed because every scene they have together was absolutely attractive.

--->Sisterhood: I appreciated the relationship between Yuna and her sister; it felt natural and special in many ways.

Cast: 8/10
Acting: 9.25/10.

4)The ending:

It may have fallen into Japanese detective style endings but I haven’t seen it coming no matter how much I think about it, I was thrilled to find out the out-coming of the story.

The ending: 8.5/10.

5)My impression:

*For me, this was a joy ride of pleasant events. I loved this drama simply because it was way too far from my predictable sense; it was really absorbing especially near the end.
*I’ve fallen in love with Yukata in this drama; aside from his astonishing look, I felt a great actor in here: I will definitely watch more of his dramas.
*I was bothered by the bilingual characters in here. Though, I stated that I liked the Korean Japanese interactions but I can’t say that I enjoyed changing the language because I watched this drama Raw which made me get a little lost when they spoke Korean, I can understand Japanese but Korean is just a no (My Korean lingual skills are far behind from my Japanese) but fortunately they translated some of them into Japanese.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes it is, simply because of its unpredictable twisty events that made me enjoy it to the extremes. Nonetheless, I don’t think this is the greatest drama out there since there are many others of the same genre that suppresses it.

My impression: 9/10.

6)Overall:

*If you like crime Japanese dramas with many twists then you will enjoy this.
*If you like great romantic chemistries then you would like this.

*Rondo is a great drama that’s full of enjoyable twists and great actors who knows how to deliver amazing feelings.

Overall: 9/10.

Note: If you were already spoiled, don’t watch this because it makes you lose the taste of its suspense. Another point, I hope you can find subs for this drama because I heard that there weren’t any; it’s a shame that this amazing drama doesn’t get the appropriate attention.
Romantic Island
Jun 14, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I have no idea, I just found this film in one of my collections while I had nothing better to do so I just watched it.

2) Storyline/Plot:

This was a multiple stories film, oe of the genres that I like to watch.

Positive points:

*A romatic comedy that had more interesting events than other films from the same genre.
*The three love stories were combined read more together in a way that would allow the final twist to happen.

Negative points:

*The film's story isn't unique or special. Actually, it was full of cliche and cheesy moments.
*The stories took a boring level at some point.

Story: 6/10

3) Acting/Cast:

*Lee Sun Gyun and Lee Min Ki were probably the main reason I continued watching this film until the end not only because of shallow feelings but their characters seemed more appealing than other characters in this film.
*The acting was a strength point that counts for this drama but I can't say the same about charachter because most of them felt annoying most of the time.

Cast: 6.5/10
Acting: 8/10

4)The ending:

An intresting twist accured near the end which made this film a little special than other romantic comedy films.

The ending: 8.5/10

5) My impression (How did affect me):

*There were a lot of boring moments but I didn't fell asleep so that's a good point.
*I only enjoyed the twist near the end but I will probably forget this film very soon.

My impression: 4.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romantic comedies then you may like this if you don't expect much from it.

Overall: 6/10.
Stars Falling From the Sky
36 of 38 people found this review helpful
Jul 16, 2012
1) The reason I watched this:

I watched this drama because of my grandmother, I saw her watching the third episode and I became quickly invested in its events so I catched up and continued watching the drama with her.
I have to point that my grandmother has a great taste (^_^)

2) Storyline/Plot:

Generally speaking , this is a family drama wrapped up with romance and comedy which is an acceptable read more combination for most of viewers.

Positive points:

*This drama is one of those dramas that made me interested with only one episode, I felt good vibes ever since it started because the plot was set up in a good way.

*Main Genres:

--->Family: This drama is different from other family dramas because the plot was well written in order to make viewers deeply attracted, even the problems weren't the type that was written in order to fill the drama's time; it was well calculated to make everything about the family sound natural and important. The family element was appreciated so much within me and I am not even into family dramas.

--->Humor: It was intense at the beginning but later on it didn't remain the same, not that it completely faded away but laughter moments weren't that present, let's say it was "humble". Epidode three and four were the funniest episodes in here.
The comedy was accepted overall, It would've been more appreciated if it was much intense like it was at the beginning but anyway, it deserves a spot in the positive points column.

Negative points:

--->Romance: I had a lot of thoughts before mentioning it in the negative points column; it had its positives and its negatives yet I think that the negatives were "bigger".
The romance wasn't satisfying, it wasn't light and "badly expressed" which made it one of the few bad point in this drama since it didn't feel enough. However, it wasn't completely Off, at least, it wasn't disappointing.

Story: 8.5/10

*Choi Jung Won:

I don't know this actress and even if i do, I don't believe that her previous roles were that remarkable since I dont remember any of them. Here, she portrayed her role in a good acceptable way.
The character was interesting ever since the drama started, it's not an unusual or a special character though but the character's developement was captivating although it may get a little annoying at some points. Pal Gang was really clumsy and indifferent at the beginning then she changed in a good way.

*Kim Ji Hoon:

I'm not very familiar with him as an actor, all the memories that I have about him aren't that bad nor that great. Here, he wasn't any different, I felt that Choi Jung Won lead the drama yet I can't ignore his presence wich was somehow "nice" to watch.
The character in one word "stiff", all what I can think about that it was really exagerated sometimes but that's how the storyline wanted it to be. There were mements were lawyer Won seemed "appealing" and "enjoyable" especially when he is with Pa Rang , I won't judge the character harshly because like I said earlier, it's drawned by the storyline.

*The five Children:

I have no idea about them as actors so I am not going to talk about that side, let's just mention that their acting convinced me and their roles were the best.
Their characters were awesome, each and everyone of them was enjoyable; all the pranks, the attitudes and their thoughts were simply wonderful to see.
The main reason that kept me interested until the last minute was the children's presence, if it wasn't for them, i think it would be another usual boring korean drama. The children were my favorite characters in this drama.

*I really loved the second lead male at the beginning then his character development didn't seem right.

*Appreciated character: Tae Kyun Was the funniest character in the drama, he wasn't that funny but his presence has always lightened the drama and made it enjoyable, I appreciated his presence a lot.

*The second lead female had the usual boring personality that most of Korean second lead females has; that was always boring for me.

*Other cast: No hard feelings for the remaining of the cast, I can't say that I liked them or disliked them , they weren't "that bad".

*Relationships:

--->Romance: It's really hard to talk about chemistry in this drama since the romance wasn't that "intense", even when the romance became serious, I don't think that the chemistry was that present or that deep.

--->Family: The children's relationship with their big sister was really cool, even though some troubles may occure, I don't believe that it got any worse. The family relationships were warm and good to watch.

--->The triangle: The usual triangle that you see in most of Korean dramas. Well, Tae Kyun added a good taste but beside that it was annoying.

Cast: 7.5/10

4) The ending:

The ending was predictable but it was fun to watch. I liked the final scene ; It was a good closure.

The ending: 7.5/10

5) My impression (How did it affect me):

*I enjoyed this drama so much although I am not into this type of dramas, I don't believe I was bored because I never lost interest.
*The main reason that made me attracted to this drama from the beginning till the end was the children's presence, I don't think I would've liked it if they were absent.

*Is this drama memorable: Yes it is, most of the memories that would remain in my mind are the children's memories because beside that it was a normal usual Korean drama.

My impression: 8.5/10

6) Overall:

*If you like romatic comedies with family theme in it then you would like this.
*If you like great children that would bring you entertainment then watch this.
*If you're looking for a "romantic" drama, I wouldn't recommend this.

Overall: 8.5/10.
Autumn's Concerto
18 of 18 people found this review helpful
Apr 7, 2012
This was my second Taiwanese drama and the reason that made me discover and watch Tw-Dramas ever since. I found it by chance and what a great coincidence indeed.
The story is like a big WOW just incredible without anything wrong. The cast is just beautiful especially when the litte man joined in; he's so cute. Then the music is one of nicest chinese music that I've ever heard. I am not read more even into chinese language or music but I completely forgot about as I watched this dramas.
I finished it in three days non stop then I felt a blank when it ended because this drama was one of the fewest that kept me hooked up from the start until the end.
If you're looking for an outstanding story with great cast this is definitely what you've been looking for.

Dec 31, 1969