Bad Romance: The Series

Misunderst0_od
Jan 18, 2017
This drama starts out decent, but goes downhill by the time you get the to the end. What I did like was the main couple. The main girl (Yihwa) is strong and fierce and does not fall into the trap of the main guy (Cho). Cho has the aura of a playboy and it was fun watching Yihwa do all these silly things to investigate if he is gay or not. While the gay couple in this drama was super cute in the beginning, their relationship starts to get annoying and its hard to watch their scenes. The antagonists were also pretty lame with their dumb tricks and attempts to bring harm to the main couple and their reputation. I was not impressed, but it was fun to watch for the very limited cute scenes.

RACHAEL NAYERRY
May 1, 2017
About a fierce girl and a super charming guy, the story of the lead actors will totally make you go bananas, the chemistry starts up during the 2/3rd episode. And the bl side of this is really cute, at first you're going gaga over the bl side of it, but once the interaction of the lead takes place you just become obsessed with it.
zaaids
Dec 1, 2016
SO FAR (because i haven't watched the entire series - even though the rules to this says that you should)
I loved it.
WHAT I HATED, (and this is no spoiler since it happens in the first ep) is that Korn and Knock stumble upon so many problems. I get that the series is titled "Bad Romance" for a reason, but i swear it was only directed and Korn and Knock. You'll see them cutesy in 20 minutes, and then the next 20 they're stumbling again. I wish they were just stable for at least one episode.
OTHER than that, this series is pretty legit. Just saying. I mean they've got me on the edge of my bed and I've binge watched everything up until now. I haven't laughed or cried at the same time for so long.
WHAT WAS SLOPPY was the sound effects. they literally had slapstick sound effects such as a car honking or a horse neighing or that *plonk* sound when you fall. It was the only thing that made this series less attractive, but honestly when you look past it, the story made my heart flutter and break within just one episode.
A 100% must watch. I promise. You'll get frustrated here and there from Knock and Korn but come on, you'll love it.

Odessa Jones
Feb 25, 2018
Just to balance out my glowing reviews of a couple other Thai series...let it be known I thought Bad Romance was bad.

The plot is a standard Thai rom com, with a lot of really absurd contrivances and a Scooby Doo sort of resolution.

I love absurd contrivances. But they have to be accompanied by three-dimensional characters, and that's where BR fails.

Interestingly, a few of the main characters became much more interesting in the subsequent prequel to BR, Together with Me. But here the heroine Yihwa just seems to be going through the motions of a rom com, with the equally uninteresting Cho.

I can see why many viewers thought the most interesting thing about this series was the side romance between male characters Knock and Korn. But this, too, falls flat compared to BL series with better scripts. The dialogue never gives us any insight into the personalities behind the squabbling. The actors playing Knock and Korn have occasional moments of chemistry, but they feel sparse. Their stiffness here is a world apart from their steamy performances in the prequel, Together with Me.

I'll admit, I skipped around a lot in this series. Life is short and I just couldn't watch every scene. There's too much bad dialogue and weak characterization.

Psychosinner
Oct 24, 2018
You know what Knock says Yiwah is like when she watches people getting romantic on TV and cries with the couple like she's their family? Yep. That was me watching the finale.

I'm so in love with Knock and Korn lol it's not even funny. But ok lets be honest, Bad Romance has plenty of faults and yes the whole series has plenty of inconsistencies but that's what happens when you make a single season and then start writing another one that wasn't planned. Everything changes naturally. For instance the actors are younger in Bad Romance and older in Together With Me which is a past story, but you know what that's why it's called suspension of disbelief. My advice is, of you want something fun that you don't have to take seriously watch it. If you want to experience and explore Knock and Korn's world then watch this because some of the moments just wow.

Right, so on to the review.

First off, this isn't Bad Romance it's TERRIBLE romance lol

The two main couples Yihwah and Cho and Knock and Korn are never properly without problems. One couple the girl Yiwah believes that not only is Cho the main love interest, gay but also trying to get her bestie Korns boyfriend Knock to sleep with him. The second main couple, Knock tries to make his boyfriend Korn jealous by hanging out with Cho and pretending to flirt with him. But it gets out of hand when Cho falls for Yiwah and tries to convince her he likes her but Yiwah believes Cho is gay and decides to stalk Cho and Knock to find evidence of Cho being gay with hilarious consequences.

The main lead Yihwa and her love interest Cho they made it so entertaining and also the rest of the supporting cast! Be, Dewey, Martin, Tanguy. Not going to lie the guys Knock constantly kept hanging around ugh they pissed me off lol all except Cho.

But I think that was the point of the show. To show rather dysfunctional relationships in a rom com setting.

But seriously the supporting cast especially the couples were all gorgeous too. But my favorite (aside from Knock and Korn naturally lol) was definitely Cho and Yihwah. From the first moment they meet to the end they're constantly battling.

And same goes for Knock and Korn. I know Knock was just trying to make Korn care for him in the beginning by flirting with Cho but then it escalated and suddenly everything is a total mess!

Seriously gave me anxiety lol especially when that jerk Chinook came in I was cringing so bad. But minor spoiler *when Knock and Korn have that fist fight in the second to last episode lol sorry but it was epic*

But seriously though it's a fun entertaining show with a badass heroine who doesn't wait for some Prince to solve her problems. Yiwah is loyal, extremely arrogant and entitled but in a cute way. Cho is the guy who gets mistaken for a heartless playboy type but turns out to be a really sentimental and caring guy.

Knock appears to be someone who is flirtatious and uncaring but inside he's a total mess and ends up regretting his own mistakes and truly loves Korn but has a hard time saying it because of his own insecurities.

Korn appears to be a people pleaser type everyone likes who looks like he has his shit together but in truth not having Knock is driving him crazy.

It's always entertaining always fun!

Demy_Martin
Jul 31, 2018
I came to the show right after watching together with me (the prequel which aired second). The first few episodes were good though it was an adjustment as none of the side characters were present for this season except Yihwa who was the shoes focus. The more I watched, the less I wanted to see. The side characters (meaning the friends) were awful and the villains were ridiculous. Everyone was silly and bordered in stupidity while the main characters (Cho, Yihwa, Korn, and Knock) all seemed serious. It felt like the show didn't know what tone it wanted. Whimsical and goofy or romantic. As others have said there is a mystery element and a plot twist. The twist doesn't miraculously make the show better but by the time I realized I was in too deep I wanted to know who the bad guy was. Korn and Knock are a bit stiff here since the actors weren't as comfortable yet, I assume. The chemistry is still there though so if you want to watch just for them it is a tough but sweet ride. For those coming from together with me just proceed with an open mind and some caution. This is a big step down from together with me but worth it to see more of the characters you liked.

theasiansoul
Apr 25, 2018
I came here from Together With Me, probabily expecting something different.

STORY: I liked the twist at the end. The two main couples didn't give me much feelings, I appreciated more Martin&Being and Tanguy&Dewey. Cho was probably my favorite character, since he was pretty funny and always teasing Yiwha, who I didn't like. She was my favorite character in TWM but I don't know... I was a bit disappointed. Also, Korn&Knock keeping on fighting and don't talk... Their story could have been developed better.

ACTING: well, the actors were amazing, I especially liked Simon (James), Max (Korn), Tul (Knock), Tomo (Cho) and Maengmum (Yiwha). Even though the plot was not that well developed on my opinion, they always managed to act it out well.

MUSIC: I have been and currently am OBSESSED over the theme song, it's just so wonderful.

REWATCH VALUE: probably won't watch it again, maybe just the sweet scenes.

OVERALL: it's not that bad, the thriller component made it a bit better than I expected. I recommend it if you want more KornKnock after seeing TWM.

Tanya
Mar 6, 2018
binge-watch worthy award.
it's ridiculous, corny, and technically not good - the very definition of a guilty pleasure
in spite of all this i enjoyed it a lot.
I came here straight from together with me the series (and enjoyed Bad Romance's supportive characters much more that the sequel's)
mainly for knock & korn, not gonna lie
well, THAT changed the moment Yiwah & Cho became leaders of the show - loved them together *.*
how she kept her self control in check and played the hard to get game till the end is beyond me tbh
but it was about time my girl got herself a man!
plot twist: i had an inkling about it, so that wasn't so much of a shock as it was a surprise
the end was very sweet... love comes from feelings, not gender!
can't wait for together with me: the next chapter.

ieroop
Dec 16, 2017
very cheap at times and quite cheesy- there was a blood splatter in episode 12 that was very fake, and a lot of the romance and interactions could be corny at times, but overall I'm rating this by how much I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it a lot. The characters were great and of a larger quantity than most other dramas I've seen, and the different relationships between them were interesting to watch. I didn't expect there to be a mystery/thriller element at all, but that was interesting and fun as well.
I disagree with a lot of the things that were being tweeted, or asked in the first few episodes regarding sexuality, gender, etc. but I do understand that there's a big cultural barrier, and the perception of MOGII in Thailand is very different to that of a first world country like the one that I live in. I think if you're prepared to overlook that sort of thing, then this is a great show to watch!
Also, as I'm sure many people will likely watch it for the BL element- the leading straight couple are actually really great as well!!

Cute Gnome
Jun 28, 2018
I've just finished watching this series so let me do a review about it. The setting of the story is in a university and sometimes in the condominium where the students are living and since it was a University so basically the characters are University Students. This series is all about LOVE in so many forms. And since this is a Thai Series, BL genre is somehow ordinary so just bear with it.
I love the main characters, actually this series does not focus on one story only there are more than one couples but base on my observation there are two main couples in here. The first main couple is Cho and Yihwa (Opposite Sex Relationship) and the second couple is Knock and Korn (both boys).
It was Yihwa who was narrating the story. The series started when she attended the anniversary celebration of Korn and Knock. Yihwa and Korn are very close. Yihwa calls Knock as "son" and Knock calls Yihwa as "mom". It was even emphasized in the series how willing Yihwa is in helping Korn in saving his relationship with Knock and on the process of doing so she got to know Cho who will soon become her Boyfriend.
Hehehe sorry, instead of doing a review I am already narrating it to you. Don't you worry I am just giving you a short overview.
Yihwa has two close friends, namely; Being or Be and Dewey or Dew. Cho on the other hand also have two close friends, namely; Martin or Tin and Tanguy or Tan. Their friends will fall for each other respectively. Being with Martin and Dewey with Tanguy.
BUT...
It was the story plot and twist that you should look for. The storyline was magnanimously done matched with professional actors and actresses, I must say that this was the best Series I've watched ever (but I can't really recall how many times I've already said this just add it up to the best series checklist of mine ?). I was literally shouting while watching because of the twist in the story, you wouldn't know who did this and that and why. Amazing.!
If I were to rate it I will give a 10/10 rating. Again this is a Subjective Review so it is base on my own liking and opinion. You must watch it I guess.
Hands Up to the Director, Writes (but I guess it was based in a book or novel), actors and actresses and all the persons behind this wonderful series.