​2017 Watch Challenge

This discussion has been closed.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

2017 Watch Challenge

Hello everyone, this year I decided to re-create MAL’s 2016 Anime Watching Challenge. This challenge is for fun and would allow you to expand your watch list. Since this is the first time hosting this challenge on MDL, I would make it a bit easier and combine dramas and movies. Maybe if we see more participation and many people are able to achieve the extreme level, we would separate it to drama only and movie only challenge.

(Disclaimer: This challenge was first introduced on MAL by SheyCroix, I’m just trying to recreate it to suit drama/movie fans. I do not intend to take someone else’s credit and already got permission from MAL. Moreover, if you are a fan of Anime or Manga make sure to check out their 2017 Challenge.)

Rules:

1. This challenge starts on January 1, 2017, until December 31, 2017.
  2. You have to pick the difficulty lever: Super Easy: 10 items, Easy: 20 items, Medium: 30, Hard: 40, or Extremely Hard: 50. You may change the difficulty level later.
  3. You can’t use the same drama/movie multiple time. Each Drama/movie can only be used once in this challenge.
  4. You can't include dramas/movies you watched previously. All dramas/movies must be watched during the challenge period.
  5. Don't discuss anything on this thread. Just post you sign-up forum and turn-in forums. If you want to discuss this challenge use 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread.
  6. Don't keep posting updates on the thread, just edit your original post.You should only have 2 posts, the sign-up form and the turn-in form.
  7. When you finish a drama/movie add it next to the selected challenge. i.e. Watch a drama special:  2016 Nenmatsu SP
  8. You can add your own restrictions. i.e. I will only watch dramas.
I might make participation and completion banners like they have on MAL. Since we don't have badges to award users, we can only make do with banners that you post on your profile.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
The challenge list has 50 items, depending on the level you pick you will need to remove none (for Extreme), 10 (for Hard), 20 (for Medium), 30 (for easy), or 40 (for super easy).

*Updated some things that were wrong, sorry about that*

• Starting date: 
  • Link to your Drama list: (Drama List, not custom made lists)
  • Difficulty: 
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge:
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge:
  • Progress: ??/??

Type (0/5)
  • Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)
  • Watch a web drama
  • Watch a drama special
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more)
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)
Creators (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before)
Years (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that aired this year
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year you joined MDL
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010
Tags, Themes & Demographics (0/16)
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from
Adaptations (0/5)
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon 
Stats (0/4)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members
Challenge & MDL related (0/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie (Updated list in the 2017 Watch Challenge Discussion thread)
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended 
Miscellaneous (0/5)
  • Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (0/4)
  • Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie
  • Watch a soap opera (Family/daily) drama (+100 episodes/30min or +50 episodes/1h)

I'm including a link to the sign-up form code. Just copy it and paste it. It should appear as the one above.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ehVJwdXGN49Ej3..
Hessa Volunteer Staff

Turn-in Form:

Strikethrough things you did not any extra challenges you did not do. Use the button between the Underline and the Unordered List.
Once all chooses challenges are done, copy and paste this form into a new reply to this thread.

• Starting date:
  • Finishing date:
  • The page where your sign-up form is on: (So we can check that you finished it)
  • Link to your completed Drama list: (Drama List, not custom made lists)
  • Difficulty:
  • Completed dramas at sign-up:
  • Completed movies at sign-up:
  • Completed dramas at turn-in:
  • Completed movies at turn-in:
  • Bonus Challenges completed: (How many did you finish. Just type the number. 1, 2, or 3?)
Hessa Volunteer Staff

Users who completed the challenge:

1. GeaV [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> March 13, 2017) Finished within: 72 days | Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  2. werwiewowas95 [Extremely Hard] (January 2, 2017 ---> March 15, 2017) Finished within: 74 days | Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  3. PriRiRin [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> May 31, 2017) Finished within: 151 days | Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  4. Lyra [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> June 15, 2017) Finished within: 166 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  5. Dani [Extremely Hard] (January 2, 2017 ---> July 5, 2017) Finished within: 185 days | Bonus Challenges completed: 3
  6. StephStephieTeff [Extremely Hard] (January 3, 2017 ---> July 30, 2017) Finished within: 209 days | Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  7. Hessa [Easy] (January 7, 2017 ---> September 4, 2017) Finished within: 241 days | Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  8. So-Dramaddict [Extremely Hard] (January 10, 2017 ---> September 12, 2017) Finished within: 246 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  9. Ariko [Extremely Hard] (January 23, 2017 ---> October 1, 2017) Finished within: 252 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 3
  10. Elle [Medium] (March 19, 2017 ---> October 1, 2017) Finished within: 197 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 0
  11. fanitha [Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> October 2, 2017) Finished within: 275 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  12. momo [Easy] (August 4, 2017 ---> October 6, 2017) Finished within: 64 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 3
  13. kura2ninja [Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> October 11, 2017) Finished within: 284 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  14. mei-255 [Medium] (January 4, 2017 ---> October 14, 2017) Finished within: 284 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 3
  15. starlight314502 [Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> October 17, 2017) Finished within: 290 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 0
  16. SmileHoney [Extremely Hard] (March 30, 2017 ---> October 20, 2017) Finished within: 205 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  17. anteaq [Extremely Hard] (May 27, 2017 ---> October 29, 2017) Finished within: 217days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  18. deydeyday [Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> November 30, 2017) Finished within: 334 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  19. NEW [Medium] (January 1, 2017 ---> November 30, 2017) Finished within: 334 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  20. zeamays [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 2, 2017) Finished within: 336 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  21. TaemonRebel [Medium] (January 23, 2017 ---> December 7, 2017) Finished within: 341 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  22. Natty [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 8, 2017) Finished within: 342 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  23. JustJackieB [Hard] (January 10, 2017 ---> December 11, 2017) Finished within: 336 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  24. May [Easy] (July 23, 2017 ---> December 21, 2017) Finished within: 152 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  25. DarylJ [Extremely Hard] (January 14, 2017 ---> December 22, 2017) Finished within: 343 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  26. may [Super Easy] (March 24, 2017 ---> December 14, 2017) Finished within: 266 days| Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  27. rvcruickshank [Medium] (January 13, 2017 ---> December 24, 2017) Finished within: 346 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  28. hugmonster [Extremely Hard] (May 27, 2017 ---> December 25, 2017) Finished within: 213 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  29. Aspyre [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 26, 2017) Finished within: 360 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  30. Pelin [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 26, 2017) Finished within: 360 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  31. MarieSnow [Extremely Hard] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 26, 2017) Finished within: 360 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  32. Asena [Extremely Hard] (June 22, 2017 ---> December 27, 2017) Finished within: 189 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  33. Safae [Medium] (August 4, 2017 ---> December 29, 2017) Finished within: 148 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  34. Somaji [Extremely Hard] (June 26, 2017 ---> December 28, 2017) Finished within: 186 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 0
  35. SMKD [Extremely Hard] (June 1, 2017 ---> December 30, 2017) Finished within: 213 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 4
  36. Taylor [Medium] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 31, 2017) Finished within: 365 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 0
  37. alexa [Medium] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 31, 2017) Finished within: 365 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  38. theairtwit [Easy] (January 1, 2017 ---> December 31, 2017) Finished within: 365 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  39. sagwao_o [Extremely Hard] (January 31, 2017 ---> December 31, 2017) Finished within: 335 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 1
  40. BlxxdyButterfly [Extremely Hard] (January 17, 2017 ---> December 31, 2017) Finished within: 349 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 2
  41. Malu [Medium] (January 19, 2017 ---> December 31, 2017) Finished within: 347 days|Bonus Challenges completed: 0
Shouldn't it be Jan 2017 - Dec 2017? ^^
I'm up for trying this!  Let me know if I don't do this right/need to edit the post.
  • Starting date: 01/01/2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Mdmcches1
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard (we'll see how that goes)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 207
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 56
  • Progress: 24/50

Type (3/5)
  • ✔︎ Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) - After School: Lucky or Not - 7/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a web drama - First Kiss for the Seventh Time - 5/10
  • Watch a drama special
  • ✔︎ Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) - Dear My Friends (9th Korean Drama Awards) - 9/10
Creators (4/5)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress - Life Risking Romance - 7/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie - Ode to Joy (Kong Sheng/Battle of Changsha) - 8/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie - Goblin (Kim Eun Sook/Secret Garden)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) - Mood of the Day (Jo Kyu Jang) - 7/10
Years (3/5)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL - Cruel Romance (2015) - 8/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL - What Happens to My Family? (Summer/Fall 2014) - 9/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 - Daisy - 7/10
Tags, Themes & Demographics (6/16)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast - Dal Ja's Spring - 7/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship - Love Relationship - 6/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie - Piece - 6/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie - The Iron Monkey - 8/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie - Enter the Dragon - 7/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from - Kluen Cheewit (Thailand) - 8/10
Adaptations (2/5)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie that has been remade - MARS - Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru - 5/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon - From Five to Nine - 7/10
Stats (3/5)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below - The Naked Kitchen - 6/10
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 - Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo - 7/10
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members - BIG BANG MADE: The Movie - 8/10
  • Watch a drama/movie from the first page of the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum 
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie
Miscellaneous (2/5)
  • ✔︎ Re-watch a drama/movie - Battle of Changsha - 10/10
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • ✔︎ Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color - The Whirlwind Girl - 7/10
Bonus Challenges (0/4) (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items)
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • ✔︎ Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie - A Man and A Woman - 7/10
  • Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes)
  • Starting date: January 1, 2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/GeaV
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 405
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 1299
  • Progress: COMPLETED as of March 13

Type
  • Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less): First Kiss for the Seventh Time (Jan 5; 5/10)
  • Watch a web drama: My Old Friend (Jan 2; 9/10)
  • Watch a drama special: Splash Splash LOVE (Jan 6; 9/10)
  • Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more): The Bride of Rip Van Winkle (Mar 13; 9/10)
  • Watch an award-winning movieLust, Caution (Jan 18; 8.5/10) - 2007 Golden Lion @International Venice Film Festival; 7 Golden Horse Awards (best film, director, actor, new performer, adapted screenplay, makeup & costume design, original film score); Best Asian Film @ 27th Hong Kong Film Awards
Creators
  • Watch a movie that has your favorite actor: The King / with Zo in Sung (Feb 22; 9/10)
  • Watch a movie that has your favorite actress: Master / with Uhm Ji Won (Mar 7; 7.5/10)
  • Watch a drama by the same director as one of your favorites drama: Eternal Love (Mar 2; 9.5/10) - dir. Lam Yuk (Scarlet Heart, The Journey of Flower, Love 020, The Sound of Desert)
  • Watch a drama by the same writer as one of your favorites drama: Scholar Who Walks the Night / by Jang Hyun-Joo of 'Coffee Prince' (Mar 5; 7.5/10)
  • Watch a movie by a director you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before): The Warrior's Gate / Matthias Hoene (Jan 31; 4/10)
Years
  • Watch a drama that aired this year: HIStory: Obsessed (Feb 26; 7.5/10)
  • Watch a movie that was released the same year the user below you joined MDL (2012 - Rikuobsessed): A Simple Life (Jan 3; 9/10)
  • Watch a movie that was released the same season you joined MDL (May 6, 2014): A Minute More - May 9, 2014 (Jan 4; 7/10)
  • Watch a movie which premiered between 2000 and 2005: Turn Left, Turn Right (Feb 22; 7.5/10)
  • Watch a movie which premiered between 2005 and 2010: Empire of Silver (Feb 4; 7.5/10)
Tags, Themes & Demographics
  • Watch a drama with adults as the main cast: Night Light (Jan 30; 6/10)
  • Watch a movie with students as the main cast: Udagawachou de Matteteyo (Jan 11; 6/10)
  • Watch a drama that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Oh My Geum Bi (Jan 13; 7.5/10)
  • Watch a drama that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: Shuttle Love Millennium (Jan 5; 7.5/10)
  • Watch a drama about animals: Imaginary Cat (Jan 5; 9.5/10)
  • Watch a drama about School, Life, or Youth: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (Jan 12; 9/10)
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama: Yae no Sakura (Feb 14; 8.5/10)
  • Watch a Supernatural drama: Legend of the Blue Sea (Jan 27; 7/10)
  • Watch a Zombie movie: Train to Busan (Feb 2; 9/10)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological movie: Creepy (Feb 2; 8/10)
  • Watch a Crime movie: Full Contact (Feb 3; 5/10)
  • Watch a Martial Arts or Wuxia movie: Wu Xia (Feb 19; 8.5/10)
  • Watch a Medical drama: Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Jan 16; 8/10)
  • Watch a movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike: horror: I Am Hero (Feb 3; 8/10)
  • Watch a drama that has foreign actor(s): Stay With Me (Jan 4; 6/10)
  • Watch a movie from a country you least watched from - Hong Kong: Lan Yu (Feb 13; 7.5/10)
Adaptations
  • Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequels: Red Cliff (Jan 11; 10/10)
  • Watch a movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched: Red Cliff 2 (Jan 17; 10/10)
  • Watch a movie that has been remade: Luck-Key (Jan 9; 6/10)
  • Watch a movie adapted from a novel: Sayonara Itsuka (Jan 17; 8.5/10)
  • Watch a movie adapted from a manga: Chihayafuru: Shimo no Ku (Jan 17; 7.5/10)
Stats
  • Watch a movie with a score of 7.0 or below: Fragile in Love (Jan 24; 3/10)
  • Watch a drama ranked in the Top 300: Goblin (Jan 22; 8/10)
  • Watch a highly rated and completed movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): Infernal Affairs (rated 10 by Rikuobsessed ) (Jan 19; 8.5/10)
  • Watch a movie with less than 1000 completed members: The Perfect Man's Man (Jan 22; 5/10)
Challenge & MDL related
Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a movie: Irresistible Love - Secret of the valet (Feb 9; 6/10)
  • Watch a drama that starts with the same last letter as your username: 'V' (geaV) Voice (Mar 12; 8/10)
  • Choose a movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word): Feel Good To Say Goodbye (Feb 9; 6.5/10) (word: FEELING)
  • Watch a drama that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: Fox in the Screen (Jan 30; 5.5/10)
  • Watch a movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle: Afro Tanaka (Feb 15; 7.10)
Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items)
One day I will press the 'Delete' button instead of 'Edit', so when this post disappears, you will know that has happened xD
  • Starting date: 01/01/2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Rikuobsessed
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard (Going Extremely Hard or going home)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 130
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 306
  • Progress: 25/50

Type
Creators
Years
  • Watch a Drama that Aired This Year Missing 9
  • Watch a Drama that Started Airing the Same Year the User Below You Joined MDL (theairtwit - 2013) I Hear Your Voice
  • Watch a Drama that Started Airing the Same Season you Joined MDL Cruel City
  • Watch a Drama which Began Airing/Premiered Between 2000 and 2005 (2003) Stand Up!!
  • Watch a Drama which Began Airing/Premiered Between 2005 and 2010 (2009)  Kamen Rider W
  • Watch a Drama/Movie with Adults as the Main Cast Entourage
  • Watch a Drama/Movie that Focuses on Non-Romantic Relationships Incomplete Life
  • Watch a Drama/movie that Focuses on a Couple with a Romantic Relationship Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
  • Watch a Drama/Movie about School, Life, or Youth Juhan Shuttai!
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie Hwarang
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural Drama/Movie Goblin
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective Drama/Movie I Remember You
  • Watch a Drama/Movie that is Tagged with a Genre you Dislike (Tragedy) Novoland: The Castle in the Sky
  • Watch a Drama/Movie from a Country you Least Watched from (Thailand) Hormones
Adaptations
Stats
  • Watch a Drama/Movie with less than 1000 Completed Members (230) Fate
Challenge & MDL related
  • Watch a drama/movie that was recently discussed in the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page)
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favourite drama/movie
Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or colour
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Starting date: 1/1/17
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/theairtwit
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 89 (per completed list) / 91 (per mdl profile stats)
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 73

Type (1/5)

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less) | 7 First Kisses
  • Watch a web drama | Secret Message
  • Watch a drama special | BORDER: Shoudou
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award) |The Wailing (Baeksang Arts Award 2017 Best Film)

Creators (3/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor | Crisis (Oguri Shun)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress | Okusama wa, Toriatsukai Chuui (Ayase Haruka) ✔
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie | Quartet (Doi Nobuhiro)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie | Lucky Seven (Nogi Akiko)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) | Tokyo Ghoul  (Hagiwara Kentaro+Kusano Ichiro) ✔

Years (2/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year | Everyone's Getting Married
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL | Kazoku Game
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL | Awl
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 | Kimi wa Petto (2003) ✔

Tags, Themes & Demographics (11/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast | Tokyo Tarareba Musume
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast | School 2017
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships | 35 sai no Koukousei ✔
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals | Swing Girls
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth  | Osozaki no Himawari
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie | Minshu no Teki 
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie | Circle
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie | I am a Hero
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie | Million Yen Women
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie | Atami no Sousakan
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie | Shaolin Soccer
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s) | A Taxi Driver (Thomas Kretschmann)

Adaptations (4/5)

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals | Code Blue S01
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched | Liar Game S02 ✔
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade | Gomen, Aishiteru
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel | Meishi Game 
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon | Rurouni Kenshin

Stats (0/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below | Wedding Planner (6.9)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members | Tamiou

•  Watch a drama/movie from the first page of the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum 
  • Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie

Miscellaneous (0/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie | Hana Yori Dango
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)

Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (1/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie | Bitter Blood
  • Watch a Sitcoms

• Starting date: 01.01.2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/turkeyfan
  • Difficulty: Hard Extremely Hard
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 69
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 6
  • Progress: 50/50 + 1 Bonus

Legend: Finished  I Currently Watching   I   PTW  I (Date of the Day I finished the Drama)

Type (Completed/5)

Creators (Completed/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor: The King (Jo In Sung) (March 08)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress: Age of Youth 2 Han Ye Ri (October 12)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie: Because it's the First Time (Lee Jung-Hyo) (April 17)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie:Chicago Typewriter (Jin Soo-Wan) (June 4)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before):Romantic Doctor Teacher KimYu In-Sik (Jan 17)

Years (Completed/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year:  The Package (Nov 30)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL (2011 or 2013): Snow Flower and the Secret Fan(August 26)
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL (2015): Ho Goo's Love(June 20)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005: Sympathy For Lady Vengeance(August 13)
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010: Coffee Prince (Dec 5)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (15/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast: Queen of Mystery(May 25)
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast: Reply 1994(Feb 1)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships: My Annoying Brother (April 7)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: Tomorrow with you(March 26)
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals: Little Forest: Summer, Autumn (Dec 26)
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth: Fight for my way (August 08)
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie: Queen for Seven Days (August 07)
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie: Goblin(Jan 21)
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie: Train to Busan(Zombie )(May 5)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie: Time Renegades(April 09)
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie: Tunnel(May 22)
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie: The King's Woman(October 6)
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie: Stranger (October 11)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike: Live up to your name Dr. Heo (Medical) (Dec 12)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s): The Great Wall (Feb 7)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from: The Princess Wei Young(China; Sidenote Before 2017 I only watched one chinese drama) (Mar 21)

Adaptations (5/5)

Stats (Completed/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below: Once upon a Time(September 3)
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300: Because this is my first life (Nov 29)
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score): Liar Game from RikuObsessed rated 9.0 (Feb 05)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members: 20th Century Boy and Girl (600 Members) (December 2)

Challenge & MDL related (Completed/5)

Miscellaneous (Completed/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie: Dear My Friends(Jan 18)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) Nobunaga Concerto(Feb 21)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word): Word: Cry, Love That Makes You Cry (August 20)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long: Bubblegum(Dec 20)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color: Anarchist from Colony (August 27)

Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (1/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie: I remember you (was on-hold) (Feb 26)
  • Watch a Sitcoms
  • Starting date: January 1, 2017
  • Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/zeamays
  • Difficulty: easy (20) medium (30) hard (40) (oh all right I guess if I'm this close) extremely hard (50)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 54
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 35
  • Progress: 20/20 30/30 40/40 50/50 (+4) (completed as of December 2, 2017)

Complete | In progress | Planned

Type (5/5)

Creators (5/5)

• Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor - My Sassy Girl (2017) (Jul 20) (Joo Won)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress - You're Beautiful (Nov 8) (Uee)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie - Time (Jun 8) (Kim Ki Duk)
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie - See You Tomorrow, Everyone (Dec 2) (Yoshihiro Nakamura)
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) - The Foreign Duck, the Native Duck and God in a Coin Locker (Jan 14) (have seen nothing from either writer or director)

Years (5/5)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (16/16)

• Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast - Harmonium (Jul 3)
  • Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast - Setoutsumi (Jul 1)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships - Kasuka na Kanojo (Mar 3)
  • Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship - My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week (Feb 26)
  • Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals - Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi (Apr 20)
  • Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth - Oh My Geum Bi (Jan 11)
  • Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie - City Of Life And Death (Jan 2)   
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie - Doomsday Book (Feb 21)
  • Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie - Mad Sad Bad (Jul 28)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie - Duel (Aug 8)
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie - Perfect Number (Oct 25)
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie - Like a Virgin (Apr 16)
  • Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie - Solomon's Perjury (Feb 9)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike - Oishii Man (Mar 10) (romance)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s) - Okja (Jun 30)
  • Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from - An Innocent Mistake (Taiwan) (Aug 7) (first Taiwanese drama I've made it through!)

Adaptations (5/5)

• Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/sequels - Vampire Prosecutor (Jun 8)
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched - Cart (May 6) (based on the same true story as the drama Awl)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade - Kaseifu no Mita (Feb 19)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel - Woman in the Dunes (Apr 23)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon - The Boy Next Door (May 18)

Stats (4/4)

• Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below - The Assassin (Aug 27) (avg rating at time of watching: 6.2)
  • Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 - Circle (Jun 28)
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score) - Nirvana in Fire (Jul 16) (Geanina, rated 10)
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members - Candy House (Jan 9) (170 completed)

Challenge & MDL related (5/5)

Miscellaneous (5/5)

•  Re-watch a drama/movie - Once Upon a Time in Saengchori (Nov 15)
  • Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters) - Sweet Sixteen (Jun 10)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word) - Exte (Feb 6) (lol, random word: container)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long - Onibaba (Mar 4)
  • Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color - Mirror of the Witch (Apr 12)

Bonus Challenges (Optional and non-interchangeable with previous items) (4/4)

Type
Creators
  • Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress
  • Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie
  • Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before)
Years
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL
  • Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie
Adaptations
Stats
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members
Challenge & MDL related
  • Watch a drama/movie from the first page of the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum 
  • Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie
Miscellaneous
  • Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a Sitcoms
Starting date: 1/1/2017
Link to your list: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/peacewon
Difficulty: Extremely Hard
Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge:
Drama Statistics Total Entries971
Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: Movie Statistics Total Entries311

Type
Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)
Watch a web drama Watch a drama special
Watch a long movie (i.e. 3 hours or more)
Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)

Creators
Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actor
Watch a drama/movie that has your favorite actress
Watch a drama/movie by the same director as one of your favorites drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie by the same writer as one of your favorites drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie by a director/writer you don't know (i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before) Years
Watch a drama/movie that aired this year
Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same year the user above/below you joined MDL  seventhmonster Join Date:
 August 6, 2016
Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL
Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005
Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 Tags, Themes & Demographics
Watch a drama/movie with adults as the main cast
Watch a drama/movie with students as the main cast
Watch a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships
Watch a drama/movie that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship
Watch a drama/movie about food, music, art, or animals
Watch a drama/movie about school, Life, or Youth Watch a Historical, Political, War, or Military drama/movie
Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama/movie
Watch a Horror, Vampire, or Zombie drama/movie
Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama/movie
Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama/movie
Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama/movie
Watch a Medical, Law, Business drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie that is tagged with a genre you dislike Horror
Watch a drama/movie that has foreign actor(s)
Watch a drama/movie from a country you least watched from Thailand

Adaptations
Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals
Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched
Watch a drama/movie that has been remade
Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel
Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon

Stats
Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below
Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300
Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score)
Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members

Challenge & MDL related
Watch a drama/movie from the first page of the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum (If you have watched all of them go to the next page)
Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge
Watch one of the  staff members’ favorite drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie that was recently reviewed
Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended

Miscellaneous
Re-watch a drama/movie
Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same last letter as your username (Only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters)
Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)
Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long
Watch a drama/movie with a protagonist that has weird hairstyle or color

Finish an on-hold or dropped drama/movie
Watch a Sitcoms
Watch a Mature, BL, or GL drama/movie
Watch a daily drama (+100 episodes)
  • Starting date: 1/1/2017
  • Link to your list: NEW
  • Difficulty: Medium (30)
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 116
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 59
  • Completed specials at sign-up for the challenge: 10
  • Total entries at sign-up for the challenge: 185

Progress: Completed (30/30)  + Bonus 1/4

Type (2/5)

Creators (4/5)

• Watch a drama that has your favorite actor (Kimura Takuya) - A Life (3/28/2017)
  • Watch a drama that has your favorite actress (Amami Yuki) - Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu 2 (11/11/2017)
  • Watch a drama by the same director (Kong Sheng) as one of your favorite drama (Nirvana in Fire) - Candle in the Tomb (2/1/2017)
  • Watch a movie by a director/writer (Kim Seung-hun) you don't know - Tunnel (11/19/2017)

Years (3/5)

• Watch a movie that started airing the same season (spring) you joined MDL - Salute D'Amour (2/14/2017)
  • Watch a drama which began airing/premiered between 2000 and 2005 - Kamen Rider Faiz (9/24/2017)
  • Watch a movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 - 4th Period Mystery (3/23/2017)

Tags, Themes & Demographics (10/16)

• Watch a movie with adults as the main cast - The King (3/10/2017)
  • Watch a drama with students as the main cast - Solomon's Perjury (1/31/2017)
  • Watch a drama that focuses on non-romantic relationships -Tomadachi Game (9/20/2017)
  • Watch a movie about food, music, art, or animals - Cook Up A Storm (9/19/2017)
  • Watch a movie about school, Life, or Youth - Solomon's Perjury 1: Suspicion (2/19/2017)
  • Watch a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Supernatural drama - Ultraman Neos (11/17/2017)
  • Watch a Mystery, Thriller, or Psychological drama - Mad Dog (11/30/2017)
  • Watch a Crime, Investigation, or Detective drama - Voice (4/9/2017)
  • Watch a Sports, Martial Arts, Tokusatsu, or Wuxia drama - Kamen Rider Ex-Aid (8/28/2017)
  • Watch a movie that has foreign actor(Kretschmann Thomas) - A Taxi Driver (9/29/2017)

Adaptations (4/5)

Stats (3/4)

• Watch a drama with a score of 7.0 or below - Ultraman Ginga (11/05/2017)
  • Watch a movie ranked in the Top 300 - Fabricated City (5/14/2017)
  • Watch a drama with less than 1000 completed members - Ultraman Ginga S (11/12/2017)

Challenge & MDL related (2/5)

Miscellaneous (2/5)

•  Re-watch a movie - Suspect X (8/12/2017)
  • Watch a movie that starts with the same last letter as your username - New Trial (9/29/2017)
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this  site to generate a random word)

Bonus Challenges (1/4)

• Finish an on-hold or dropped drama - Ultraman Tiga (1/14/2017)
  • Watch a Sitcoms

This seems like a fun challenge, I'm down to try :)

• Starting date: 1/01/2017
  • Link to your list: 2017 Watchlist
  • Difficulty: Extremely Hard [50]
  • Completed dramas at sign-up for the challenge: 150
  • Completed movies at sign-up for the challenge: 122
  • Progress: 29/50 

Type

• Watch a short drama (i.e. 10 minutes per episode or less)Never Die
  • Watch a web drama
  • Watch a drama special
  • Watch an award-winning drama/movie (Please, mention the award)

Creators

Years

• Watch a drama/movie that aired this year Naked Fireman
  • Watch a drama/movie that started airing the same season you joined MDL
  • Watch a drama/movie which began airing/premiered between 2005 and 2010 My Girlfriend is an Agent (2009)

Adaptations

•  Watch the 1st season of a drama/movie that has 2 or more seasons/squeals HiGH&LOW
  • Watch a drama/movie that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously watched Death Note NEW GENERATION
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been remade Erased (2017)
  • Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga or a webtoon Chihayafuru: Shimo no Ku

Stats

• Watch a drama/movie ranked in the Top 300 Chihayafuru: Kami no Ku
  • Watch a highly rated and completed drama/movie from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on (i.e. A completed drama/movie rated 10, 9 or 8; the best score) (Pelin) Stranger
  • Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members (369) Final Fantasy XV: Hikari no Otousan 

Challenge & MDL related

•  Watch a drama/movie from the first page of the Show & Movie Discussions sub-forum Black
  • Watch a drama/movie that another user has watched for this challenge (Pelin) Tunnel 
  • Watch one of the staff members’ favorite drama/movie

Miscellaneous

•  Re-watch a drama/movie
  • Choose a drama/movie from the predictive search using a generated random word (Use this site to generate a random word)
  • Watch a drama/movie that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long GTO (1998)

• Watch a Sitcoms